Tekken 6 vs. future fighting games

This topic is locked from further discussion.

nchan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 nchan
Member since 2004 • 1059 Posts

Why the hell is this game even coming out? Tekken 6 is just a slightly update version of Tekken 5 DT. What the hell? I'm not impressed with its graphic update at all. Is this the graphic limitation for what the current consoles can do? Can developers make better and much prettier fighting games beside what we have seen so far this gen?

aznfool07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 aznfool07
Member since 2005 • 3552 Posts
I'm liking the way BlazBlue looks.
Zyllus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#3 Zyllus_
Member since 2008 • 1509 Posts

Tekken is my favorite fighting series ever, and i am convinced that 6 is going to be awesome.
there are a whole lot of new things they are adding, go watch the interviews and confrences on it.

bdum_pshhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 bdum_pshhh
Member since 2009 • 1456 Posts
wait for the damn game to come out first.
Asclepius35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Asclepius35
Member since 2005 • 322 Posts

I have to give another vote to Blazblue.

Avatar image for All_that_is_Man
All_that_is_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 All_that_is_Man
Member since 2008 • 2044 Posts

I hate tekken, its a horrible series to slow, DOA is much better, but soul calibur owns both

V_Zarnold_N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 V_Zarnold_N
Member since 2006 • 1272 Posts

Tekken 6 is a technical fighting series. Play it and realize that button mashing wont have you win against anybody that knows what they are going. At the end of the day you should probably just wait until it comes out. Im a fan of 6 and it looks worlds better than 5. To me this just reminds me of Halo 3 looks like Halo 2 in HD.

killab2oo5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 killab2oo5
Member since 2005 • 13621 Posts

King of Fighters coming soon. :( I'm reeeeeeally hoping for a new DoA.

EDIT:Where have you been? ALL the fighters released this gen have had very impressive graphics. SCIV,DoA4,SFIV,VF5...even SSBB looks great for a Wii game.

Couth_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Couth_
Member since 2008 • 10369 Posts
I dont understand how people say that... Tekken 5 DR was a port of a PSP game. It looked downright bad compared to a lot of games this gen. Tekken 6 looks a lot better...
IVIadHatter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 IVIadHatter
Member since 2008 • 242 Posts
I just want to play Tekken online. I love how technical Tekken is.
bobaban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 bobaban
Member since 2005 • 10560 Posts

I'm liking the way BlazBlue looks. aznfool07

I have to give another vote to Blazblue.

Asclepius35

4th'd. I'll still get Tekken 6 but BB is coming out sooner anyway. Currently playing SF4. Not to mention MvC2 is coming out (I have the ps2 version), but will get it for online and improved graphics.

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#13 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

Why the hell is this game even coming out? Tekken 6 is just a slightly update version of Tekken 5 DT. What the hell? I'm not impressed with its graphic update at all. Is this the graphic limitation for what the current consoles can do? Can developers make better and much prettier fighting games beside what we have seen so far this gen?

nchan
as far as graphics go, i'm a little bit dissapointed as well because of lack of skin texture. i thought vf5's skins for el blaze was awesome n i thought tekken can reproduce some kin texturing as well. but as far as fighting goes, its still dope, though noobs better not whine when they get launched and bounded for a 6-8 hit combo
SilverChimera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14 SilverChimera
Member since 2009 • 9256 Posts

blacblue will pwnz0r it. both blazblue and tekken 6 look great.

unknown37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 unknown37
Member since 2006 • 5135 Posts
I've played Tekken 6, it was only ok. BB and KoFXII tear it apart
ocinom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ocinom
Member since 2008 • 1385 Posts

2d fighting games will always be better

TheGrat1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 TheGrat1
Member since 2008 • 4330 Posts

Tekken is my favorite fighting series ever, and i am convinced that 6 is going to be awesome.
there are a whole lot of new things they are adding, go watch the interviews and confrences on it.

Zyllus_

This.

Tekken is the King and you know it.

Jekken6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 Jekken6
Member since 2008 • 2642 Posts

I've already played Tekken 6, and it is pretty good. But the console versions will be different to the arcade version, methinks

rpg9000owner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19 rpg9000owner
Member since 2006 • 1859 Posts

Tekken 6 introduces multi-tiered stages, the new rage system, a new bounce system (adding a lot more combo opportunities), five new characters (with ones that have been seriously tweaked like Yoshimitsu) and it's the first proper Tekken commercial release with online (and apparently according to interviews there's going to be an interesting mode in online, not really seen before in fighters).

When you say that Tekken 6 offers nothing new, you don't know what you're talking about.

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 jsmoke03

Tekken 6 introduces multi-tiered stages, the new rage system, a new bounce system (adding a lot more combo opportunities), five new characters (with ones that have been seriously tweaked like Yoshimitsu) and it's the first proper Tekken commercial release with online (and apparently according to interviews there's going to be an interesting mode in online, not really seen before in fighters).

When you say that Tekken 6 offers nothing new, you don't know what you're talking about.

rpg9000owner
think he's talking about graphical update. i agree with the graphics part. even when i was playing t6 br in the arcade hd monitor, i still can't help but think the skin textures are still bland and plastic looking. as far the balancing goes, its not as balanced as t5dr....but t6 br was way better than t6 as far as balance. bob was just too much of a beast....
HGAT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#21 HGAT
Member since 2008 • 1366 Posts

Looking forward to Marvel Vs Capcom 2 as well.

JLF1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 JLF1
Member since 2005 • 8263 Posts

I must be the only PS3 owner that likes Dead or Alive better than Tekken.

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 jsmoke03

I must be the only PS3 owner that likes Dead or Alive better than Tekken.

JLF1
yes....that game is a grab fest....all i have to do is wait and grab, and the window for these grabs are long....
rpg9000owner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 rpg9000owner

[QUOTE="rpg9000owner"]

jsmoke03

think he's talking about graphical update. i agree with the graphics part. even when i was playing t6 br in the arcade hd monitor, i still can't help but think the skin textures are still bland and plastic looking. as far the balancing goes, its not as balanced as t5dr....but t6 br was way better than t6 as far as balance. bob was just too much of a beast....

I've seen it in motion, it's more than a satisfactory update imo, there's absolutely no comparison between tekken 6 and tekken 5 DR HD, you'll see that when it finally releases.

Whereas Bob was top tier, he wasn't the best character (Kazuya and Devil Jin were better) and whilst Bob is good, Hiehachi was seriosuly nerfed in Tekken 6, and he was a top tier chracter in Tekken 5, so really all they did in Tekken 6 was give with one hand and take with the other as far as balance is concerned

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 jsmoke03

[QUOTE="jsmoke03"][QUOTE="rpg9000owner"]

rpg9000owner

I've seen it in motion, it's more than a satisfactory update imo, there's absolutely no comparison between tekken 6 and tekken 5 DR HD, you'll see that when it finally releases.

Whereas Bob was top tier, he wasn't the best character (Kazuya and Devil Jin were better) and whilst Bob is good, Hiehachi was seriosuly nerfed in Tekken 6, and he was a top tier chracter in Tekken 5, so really all they did in Tekken 6 was give with one hand and take with the other as far as balance is concerned

i have seen it in motion. i actually play at least once a week in one of the few arcades in the us with a tekken 6 br cabinet @ superarcade in walnut california. i'm just saying...i expected more from the skin textures. with that many more polygon's i thought they would spend some time finally trying to make the skin look a little more realistic. only chars with any skin texture is king and marduck. we've all seen that cg trailer with jin sweating and seeing pores. i was hoping that since its a fighting game, it might be a little easier to put it in there. its not t5dr, and it looks better. the animations are crazy, and some really good physics with the hair at least....but i was a little underwhelmed as far as tier list goes....bob was in the same tier as kaz and dj before br. now from what i'm seeing only lee is S tier while asuka is A+. its an ok balance...i'm a chreddy player and i'm hoping they would make some moves safe. its already hard enough to mix in all her range moves when theres only 3 or 4....but pretty much everything she has can be crushed or punishable on block. whatever this isn't a tier discussion....
Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

Blazblue and King of Fighters XII are going to be MUCH better. Tekken is a button-masher.

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 jsmoke03

Blazblue and King of Fighters XII are going to be MUCH better. Tekken is a button-masher.

Aljosa23
this vid and youtube channel says it isn't http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZdgHx85SOo&feature=related
rpg9000owner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 rpg9000owner

[QUOTE="rpg9000owner"]

[QUOTE="jsmoke03"] think he's talking about graphical update. i agree with the graphics part. even when i was playing t6 br in the arcade hd monitor, i still can't help but think the skin textures are still bland and plastic looking. as far the balancing goes, its not as balanced as t5dr....but t6 br was way better than t6 as far as balance. bob was just too much of a beast....jsmoke03

i have seen it in motion. i actually play at least once a week in one of the few arcades in the us with a tekken 6 br cabinet @ superarcade in walnut california. i'm just saying...i expected more from the skin textures. with that many more polygon's i thought they would spend some time finally trying to make the skin look a little more realistic. only chars with any skin texture is king and marduck. we've all seen that cg trailer with jin sweating and seeing pores. i was hoping that since its a fighting game, it might be a little easier to put it in there. its not t5dr, and it looks better. the animations are crazy, and some really good physics with the hair at least....but i was a little underwhelmed

In which case you may be in a better position to speak of visuals than I am, but i personally was impressed with the backrounds, the fluid animation and the effects (like when rage is in effect), i think it looks very impressive, and the visuals can only get better from this point. But this is a subjective matter.

Still, Bob only really took Heihachi's place in Tekken 6.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

[QUOTE="Aljosa23"]

jsmoke03

this vid and youtube channel says it isn't http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZdgHx85SOo&feature=related

Okay? I say it is, it's a competitive button-masher.

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 jsmoke03

[QUOTE="jsmoke03"][QUOTE="Aljosa23"]

Aljosa23

Okay? I say it is, it's a competitive button-masher.

whats a competetive button masher? i'm starting to think you don't know the game at all
Gamingcucumber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#31 Gamingcucumber
Member since 2004 • 5612 Posts
To be honest I think Tekken 6 can be pretty impressive as a game itself. Too bad that the gameplay mechanics is the most annoying amongs all fighters. Tekken is a cheap fighters wet dream. It's so fun when there exist combos that last for 20min and drain 90% of your health or the simple low kick sweep and the juggle. I hate Tekken.
unknown37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 unknown37
Member since 2006 • 5135 Posts
[QUOTE="Gamingcucumber"]To be honest I think Tekken 6 can be pretty impressive as a game itself. Too bad that the gameplay mechanics is the most annoying amongs all fighters. Tekken is a cheap fighters wet dream. It's so fun when there exist combos that last for 20min and drain 90% of your health or the simple low kick sweep and the juggle. I hate Tekken.

no such thing as cheap