Teh Cell and the Damage Done

This topic is locked from further discussion.

JiveT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 JiveT
Member since 2005 • 8619 Posts

Developers are being held back from making better games because they are forced to work on a PS3 version that adds months to development time just to get it run similar to the 360 version. These are precious months that should be used to tweak gameplay, add levels, features, etc.

As a proud 360 owner I am disgusted that my gaming experience is being polluted because of the PS3. I hope more developers decide to not even bother with the PS3 so they can focus on making the best possible game on the easier to work with, more powerful 360 hardware.

I know many agree and I look forward to your additional comments.

Thank you and God Bless France.

deadmeat59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#2 deadmeat59
Member since 2003 • 8981 Posts
devs are held back by 360 integrated gpu
Relys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Relys
Member since 2005 • 4426 Posts

Yes, we already know you blindly hate the PS3 to no end.

No need to make a thread about it.

DXGreat1_HGL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 DXGreat1_HGL
Member since 2003 • 7543 Posts

Developers are being held back from making better games because they are forced to work on a PS3 version that adds months to development time just to get it run similar to the 360 version. These are precious months that should be used to tweak gameplay, add levels, features, etc.

As a proud 360 owner I am disgusted that my gaming experience is being polluted because of the PS3. I hope more developers decide to not even bother with the PS3 so they can focus on making the best possible game on the easier to work with, more powerful 360 hardware.

JiveT

Bearing further credence that any 3rd party dev that wishes to make a profit should avoid PS3 all together....

carrot-cake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 carrot-cake
Member since 2008 • 6880 Posts
So you hate the PS3, and dispise the PC for some reason, so you are a lemming? I doubt you're a sheep.
TheMistique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 TheMistique
Member since 2008 • 1421 Posts
So you hate the PS3, and dispise the PC for some reason, so you are a lemming? I doubt you're a sheep.carrot-cake
he is just jealous of us that have and enjoy pc's
dream431ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 dream431ca
Member since 2003 • 10165 Posts

JiveT

Developers aren't forced to work on a game for the PS3. It's their choice. Secondly how is the PS3 polluting the 360 gaming experience? Is it because the PS3 is gaining popularity, drawing people away from the 360? Lastly the most powerful hardware is on the PS3. It's been proved time and time again.

Enjoy your 360, but watch as the PS3 catches up.

megaton3k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 megaton3k
Member since 2007 • 515 Posts

JiveT

MGS4+Uncharted= thread/

Bgrngod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#9 Bgrngod
Member since 2002 • 5766 Posts

devs are held back by 360 integrated gpu deadmeat59

Whaaa? That's the first time I have ever seen anyone try to use that as an argument. Where did you get this idea from?

Avatar image for deactivated-57a12126af02c
deactivated-57a12126af02c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 deactivated-57a12126af02c
Member since 2007 • 3290 Posts
Yea thats why Burnout was delayed on ps3, and why the 360 version is better, and also same with DMC4.
Relys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Relys
Member since 2005 • 4426 Posts

Yea thats why Burnout was delayed on ps3, and why the 360 version is better, and also same with DMC4. kool-aids

They're so much the same it's not even funny!

I downloaded both versions of DMC and they looked competely the SAME! (Although if you want to be super super picky, I think the AA might have been handled slightly better on the 360.)

jangojay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 jangojay
Member since 2007 • 4044 Posts
RROD and the damage done. As a proud 360 owner I'm disgusted that this stupid RROD takes away so much from my playtime and costs me money. I wish developers skip this console and put everything on PS3 so I can enjoy it there.
Mordred19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Mordred19
Member since 2007 • 8259 Posts
development has always been getting easier and easier for devs. insomniac freely distributes info on how to effectivley program for the Cell. this isn't the dark ages.
Ibacai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Ibacai
Member since 2006 • 14459 Posts
[QUOTE="JiveT"]

DXGreat1_HGL

Bearing further credence that any 3rd party dev that wishes to make a profit should avoid PS3 all together....

IW and Ubisoft seem to be doing fine.
carrot-cake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 carrot-cake
Member since 2008 • 6880 Posts
[QUOTE="carrot-cake"]So you hate the PS3, and dispise the PC for some reason, so you are a lemming? I doubt you're a sheep.TheMistique
he is just jealous of us that have and enjoy pc's

Pretty much,. also what I find funny is that consoles have game updates that fixes bugs too hmmm....
DXGreat1_HGL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 DXGreat1_HGL

RROD and the damage done. As a proud 360 owner I'm disgusted that this stupid RROD takes away so much from my playtime and costs me money. I wish developers skip this console and put everything on PS3 so I can enjoy it there.jangojay

Then take care of your system. None of my friends have encountered RROD, but then again we take care of our hardware...

dotWithShoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 dotWithShoes
Member since 2006 • 5596 Posts
[QUOTE="JiveT"]

megaton3k

MGS4+Uncharted= thread/

MSG4 == what? A game you never played, you know this is the best game you've ever watched?

DXGreat1_HGL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 DXGreat1_HGL
[QUOTE="DXGreat1_HGL"][QUOTE="JiveT"]

Ibacai

Yea, that PS3 version of RSV2 really blows every other version out of the water...

jangojay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 jangojay
Member since 2007 • 4044 Posts

[QUOTE="jangojay"]RROD and the damage done. As a proud 360 owner I'm disgusted that this stupid RROD takes away so much from my playtime and costs me money. I wish developers skip this console and put everything on PS3 so I can enjoy it there.DXGreat1_HGL

Then take care of your system. None of my friends have encountered RROD, but then again we take care of our hardware...

I cleaned my system(every week with my PC) and I have it in AC as well as having Back up fans for it. Yet it still bricks. I couldn't be taking more care of it beyond that.

Ibacai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Ibacai
Member since 2006 • 14459 Posts
[QUOTE="Ibacai"][QUOTE="DXGreat1_HGL"][QUOTE="JiveT"]

DXGreat1_HGL

Yea, that PS3 version of RSV2 really blows every other version out of the water...

I haven't seen any sales data on that one. Or were you talking about quality?
Ragnarok1051

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Ragnarok1051
Member since 2007 • 20238 Posts

[QUOTE="jangojay"]RROD and the damage done. As a proud 360 owner I'm disgusted that this stupid RROD takes away so much from my playtime and costs me money. I wish developers skip this console and put everything on PS3 so I can enjoy it there.DXGreat1_HGL

Who are you to tell someone how to take care of something. Maybe yours is the one thats broken 5 times and still say it hasn't so that you don't have to admit there is a problem. Why do lemmings always say take care of your console, when they just need to admit that there is a hardware problem.

jhonnyboi1134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 jhonnyboi1134
Member since 2004 • 1263 Posts

Yea thats why Burnout was delayed on ps3, and why the 360 version is better, and also same with DMC4. kool-aids

i thought reviewers said that the ps3 version looked better. also didnt they start burnout on ps3 then port it to 360?

Ragnarok1051

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Ragnarok1051
Member since 2007 • 20238 Posts
[QUOTE="Ragnarok1051"][QUOTE="DXGreat1_HGL"]

Who are you to tell someone how to take care of something. Maybe yours is the one thats broken 5 times and still say it hasn't so that you don't have to admit there is a problem. Why do lemmings always say take care of your console, when they just need to admit that there is a hardware problem.

Who are you? IT DOESN'T MATTER WHO YOU ARE.

Sorry if the truth stings that much oh irrealavent one. BTW, my 350 still works sorry if you can't accept it.

I don't care if it works or not, I could care less. Who are you to say how someone treats their stuff, you don't know.

JiveT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 JiveT
Member since 2005 • 8619 Posts

Developers get the core game designed on the 360 and then they are forced to figure out how to do the same thing they just did on the 360 all over again with the PS3 because of it's poorly designed hardware.

This has happened over and over again and it is still happening. And to the guy whining about "paying" for the RROD you are straight up lying, they fix it for free.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#26 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

Developers get the core game designed on the 360 and then they are forced to figure out how to do the same thing they just did on the 360 all over again with the PS3 because of it's poorly designed hardware.

This has happened over and over again and it is still happening. And to the guy whining about "paying" for the RROD you are straight up lying, they fix it for free.

JiveT

you do realize DMC 4 was made on like a super computer for all systems right?