Target selling new Xbox Ones for 350*

  • 86 results
  • 1
  • 2
#51 Edited by GrenadeLauncher (6250 posts) -

Sales collapse in April NPD then?

Also laughing my ass off at xhawk27's meltdown.

#52 Edited by sukraj (23889 posts) -

@lamprey263 said:

pretty good deal

yeah vely good deal

#53 Edited by GrenadeLauncher (6250 posts) -
@FoxbatAlpha said:

Devs confirming THE ONE is more powerful

http://twthereddragon.com/xbox-one-secret-sauce-will-double-performance-dev-claims/

So this seems like an incredible deal!!!

LMAO Justin! The fact that guy has a vested interest in DX12 pretty much wipes out his credibility.

All other tech analysis, including from MS itself, has DX12 improving the Shitbox by 20%. Enjoy your lumps. :)

#55 Edited by jake44 (2045 posts) -

It's a good deal if you want an Xbox.

#56 Posted by ShoTTyMcNaDeS (2712 posts) -

The only thing keeping the XBOX ONE off life support at this point is Titanfall!! If that game were on the PS4, the XBOX ONE wouldn't have sold any consoles leading up to and after its release!! I own both of these consoles and it is readily apparent that the PS4 is the superior games machine and it is quite easy to see when you compare multiplats as well as exclusives and that difference will continue to grow as we go on. Remember, the PS4 is a games console, the X1 is a multi-media hub!!

#57 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (8859 posts) -

@Solid_Max13: my link is not from MisterX.

#58 Posted by PonchoTaco (2579 posts) -

If I was interested in a Bone or PS4, I would get the Bone with this deal.

#59 Posted by StormyJoe (6489 posts) -

@tyloss said:

Comes with 13 months XBL, TitanFall, Xbox

Desperation or smart move?

*For 450 dollars which is equivalent to the Xbox itself being 350.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/04/06/xbox-one-titanfall-bundle-with-13-months-of-xbox-live-discounted-to-450-at-target/

MS has always had 12 mo. XBL SKUs - even for the 360. This is hardly new...

#60 Posted by lhughey (4300 posts) -

My guess is that MS is selling them at a cheaper price to retailers. MS is making small amounts on each console and has the money to reduce the price when needed. They want to get the install base up to encourage developers, developers, developers. How they do it is not that important.

#61 Posted by LJS9502_basic (152313 posts) -

I was just at a Target yesterday....and they were $450 with Titanfall....which in and of itself isn't good for MS. But I think this thread is exaggerated.

#62 Posted by shawn30 (4367 posts) -

@WilliamRLBaker said:

lol nice lie in the title.

Considering who it is, its expected, lol. $450 bundle is a good deal, but MS should just drop it to $375 to $400. Of course easier said than done coming from me, but that's a good price point.

#63 Posted by Heil68 (46848 posts) -

Guess things just aren't selling like they want, so they have to fire sale them. :(

@Nonstop-Madness said:

They probably need to clear out old stock - which isn't a good sign for Microsoft.

#64 Posted by SecretPolice (23378 posts) -

$449.99, lockage shoulda happened long ago.

#65 Edited by Dilrod (4247 posts) -

Talk about misleading topic. It isnt at all for $350... its $450 and includes the other stuff. Quit trying to spin it, especially in a very misleading way.

#66 Edited by Dilrod (4247 posts) -

Talk about misleading topic. It isnt at all for $350... its $450 and includes the other stuff. Quit trying to spin it, especially in a very misleading way.

#67 Posted by shawn30 (4367 posts) -
@Dilrod said:

Talk about misleading topic. It isnt at all for $350... its $450 and includes the other stuff. Quit trying to spin it, especially in a very misleading way.

Cows Gonna Cow, man. Its what they do.

#68 Edited by Dilrod (4247 posts) -

@shawn30: Considering Im not a cow, you post is moot.

Its like saying, really the big mac only cost $2.79, because then your paying for the lettuce, pickles, onions..oh and lems favorite.. the special sauce! When in reality, its $3.79

Reality is the xbox1 is $450

#69 Posted by shawn30 (4367 posts) -

@Dilrod said:

@shawn30: Considering Im not a cow, you post is moot.

Its like saying, really the big mac only cost $2.79, because then your paying for the lettuce, pickles, onions..oh and lems favorite.. the special sauce! When in reality, its $3.79

Reality is the xbox1 is $450

I know that, just saying it needs to be $400 or $350 as price-point and compelling software is what got the PS3 back in the race after failing for three years. At the end of the day most people buy games they want so if the One keeps getting the games and nails a competitive price it'll be just fine. 80+ million 360's and PS3's are out there. PS4/One breakdown is likely 7/4 million after 6 months. Great so far, but far from the end of the wars. I think MS sees it has to have price point parity or even go cheaper.

#70 Posted by shellcase86 (2077 posts) -

Tragedy.

#71 Posted by LJS9502_basic (152313 posts) -

@shawn30 said:
@Dilrod said:

Talk about misleading topic. It isnt at all for $350... its $450 and includes the other stuff. Quit trying to spin it, especially in a very misleading way.

Cows Gonna Cow, man. Its what they do.

Ironic post is ironic.

#72 Posted by hummer700 (10236 posts) -

That's actually really tempting.

#73 Posted by PurpleMan5000 (7828 posts) -

It's still too much money. It is a better deal than the PS4 at that price point, though, if you don't have a PC capable of playing Titanfall.

#74 Posted by LJS9502_basic (152313 posts) -

@PurpleMan5000 said:

It's still too much money. It is a better deal than the PS4 at that price point, though, if you don't have a PC capable of playing Titanfall.

One game is not a better deal. Have to wait for some basis to say it's a good deal...ie down the line when games are out.

#75 Edited by bforrester420 (2016 posts) -

@MonsieurX said:

Good thing for the consumers

Unlike Sony,which they raised the price in Canada

You have a graduate degree in economics, so surely you understand the concept of equilibrium price. Price increases indicate that demand outpaces supply, which is good for Sony.

#76 Posted by bforrester420 (2016 posts) -

@xhawk27 said:

@bloodlust_101 said:

@xhawk27 said:

I don't know what to do. PS4 is clearly more powerful but I'll miss out on games like Halo, Gears, Quantum Break, Sunset Outlast. The Multiplats are better on the PS4 though. This is hard now I can see why sheldon couldn't decide on what console to buy. :(

The PS4 is about 50% more powerful. The Xbox One is going to get a boast from DX12 and the Cloud So that number is going to be less in the next few years.

So far multiplats have been notably superior on the PS4 - and most games are multiplat. You also haven't seen Halo yet, Gears is on a new team who may have been incapable of making an interesting enough ip, Quantum Break has no gameplay yet same for Sunset Overdrive - For all you know the last 2 turn out duds - I wouldn't put much stock in either of them just yet. I would put my money on the system which has the better multiplats and has development teams known for their consistency and AAA games.

Only an idiot would think the PS4 is 50% more powerful than the X1. If you are basing that on the fillrate alone you are a fool. That is not the only factor that determines power. The only devs that Sony has that are very good is Naughty Dog. I wouldn't count on all the PS4 exclusives being good either. I bet the Order flops since their last game flopped. Guess what the 360 had the better multiplats last gen so I guess that was the best console last gen, right?

Polyphony, Sony Santa Monica, San Diego, Sucker Punch, Quantic Dream, and Ready at Dawn say "Hi."

#77 Posted by Dilrod (4247 posts) -

@bforrester420: that, and coupled with the exchange rate changes of the Canadian dollar.

#78 Posted by MonsieurX (31584 posts) -

@bforrester420 said:

@MonsieurX said:

Good thing for the consumers

Unlike Sony,which they raised the price in Canada

You have a graduate degree in economics, so surely you understand the concept of equilibrium price. Price increases indicate that demand outpaces supply, which is good for Sony.

Nah,just because the can $ sucks currently and Sony decided to raise the price accordingly while M$ didn't

#79 Edited by jsmoke03 (13136 posts) -

@AdobeArtist said:

So are all the sony fans conceding that the early price drops for PS3 was acts of desperation? ;)

wait, cows argued that it wasnt? man this gen is like reverse deja vu lol

#80 Posted by tormentos (20033 posts) -

@lamprey263 said:

@Namgis said:
@Nonstop-Madness said:

They probably need to clear out old stock - which isn't a good sign for Microsoft.

How is it bad for MS? They got their money from Target. It's Target that's losing money on this deal.

Actually Target most likely negotiates with MS on partial refunds for discounting items, Amazon also has or had the same deal recently, Titanfall bundle going for $450, minus the year subscription to XBL. Things like self published games and XBL memberships though aren't really a financial loss, meaning they don't really cost anything for them to be included in bundles. Most retailers have contracts in which they get partial refunds on inventory ordered if the price fluctuates or there's a promotional period. Nobody is really losing anything on these deals. The gain, if anything, is moving more product, which builds more consumer awareness and word of mouth, friends get to share their X1 experience with friends and it influences their buying decisions of next gen consoles. And it's also possible MS makes up for the costs of the promotion by tax write-offs associated with costs to have these promotions.

Also, this also could mean MS is getting rid of the Titanfall bundle, as maybe they want the promotional period to be over, so maye they're trying to get rid of the rest at discount so people pay full price for their X1s, XBL subscriptions, and copies of Titanfall, from this point onward. Hopefully that's not the case though, I think consoles would be more attractive if packed in with a game.

This has a direct Impact on what retailers will buy next from MS,because if the units are not moving and they have to do such drastic measure to sell them retailers will not buy the same quantity they were buying before,and as you can see deals every where like this pop every day,is clearly a stock clearance.

#81 Posted by bloodlust_101 (2720 posts) -

@xhawk27 said:

@bloodlust_101 said:

@xhawk27 said:

I don't know what to do. PS4 is clearly more powerful but I'll miss out on games like Halo, Gears, Quantum Break, Sunset Outlast. The Multiplats are better on the PS4 though. This is hard now I can see why sheldon couldn't decide on what console to buy. :(

The PS4 is about 50% more powerful. The Xbox One is going to get a boast from DX12 and the Cloud So that number is going to be less in the next few years.

So far multiplats have been notably superior on the PS4 - and most games are multiplat. You also haven't seen Halo yet, Gears is on a new team who may have been incapable of making an interesting enough ip, Quantum Break has no gameplay yet same for Sunset Overdrive - For all you know the last 2 turn out duds - I wouldn't put much stock in either of them just yet. I would put my money on the system which has the better multiplats and has development teams known for their consistency and AAA games.

Only an idiot would think the PS4 is 50% more powerful than the X1. If you are basing that on the fillrate alone you are a fool. That is not the only factor that determines power. The only devs that Sony has that are very good is Naughty Dog. I wouldn't count on all the PS4 exclusives being good either. I bet the Order flops since their last game flopped. Guess what the 360 had the better multiplats last gen so I guess that was the best console last gen, right?

So xhawk - where do you get the 30% stronger from? I hope you aren't pulling it out of your ass - so far we have seen a difference of 45% more pixels or up to 100% more frames.

360 had most multiplats *MARGINALLY* better.
1.2 vs 1.8. Stay mad hawk - because the Cloud wont help and the XBone is already to the metal.

Overview of your upcoming 'great' xbone exclusives:

Sunset overdrive (No gameplay, no details, nothing of note to discuss, and Insomniacs recent game history has been iffy at best. I bet this game flops since their last game flopped.)
Gears (No gameplay, no details, nothing of note to discuss, and it comes from a developer incapable of making a half decent IP in Microsoft's eyes. I bet this game flops since the last game flopped.)
Quantum Break (No gameplay, limited details, nothing of note to discuss, tv show tie in game, will probably be on the superior pc shortly after release. I bet this game fails to hit AAA since their last game didn't either.)
Halo (No gameplay, no details, nothing of note to discuss, the developers are looking for help from other companies - potentially because they are incapable of doing justice)

Enjoy your tv remote.

#82 Edited by kinectthedots (2669 posts) -

@AdobeArtist said:

So are all the sony fans conceding that the early price drops for PS3 was acts of desperation? ;)

Except there were no PS3 price drops during the first year if it's release.

lol, at talking like there is any comparisons between what's happening now with xbox one to PS3. You could not find any PS3's below the original retail sales price before the first year was over.

Please post a link from anywhere that sold 20gig PS3s below $500 or 60gig below $600 between nov 06 and oct 07 and I will admit ownage on this, but you won't find any.

This is some serious damage control considering how lems bashed the PS3 and it's price point for all those years but Sony and retailers were still able to sell PS3s at the original $600 price point longer before needeing to drop the price to clear stock, lems have lost it.

desperation confirmed.

#83 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (8859 posts) -

@xxgunslingerxx: thank you for predicting a whole outcome of a generation. THE ONE already has two multiplats that are better on it. Thief and Stryder. Once devs catch on to the sophistication that is Xbox the playing field will be leveled.

Get a dev that isn't afraid of using DX12? Forget about it. Bye PS4.

Back on topic. This seems like a great deal that I might capitalize on for another ONE for my office.

#84 Edited by W1NGMAN- (9962 posts) -

@princessgomez92 said:

A good deal is apparently a bad thing.

When your product has been on store shelves for less than 6 months, yea it's kind of bad especially when your main competitor is struggling to meet demand.

#85 Posted by DarthBilf (1356 posts) -

@xxgunslingerxx said:

@xhawk27 said:

@bloodlust_101 said:

@xhawk27 said:

I don't know what to do. PS4 is clearly more powerful but I'll miss out on games like Halo, Gears, Quantum Break, Sunset Outlast. The Multiplats are better on the PS4 though. This is hard now I can see why sheldon couldn't decide on what console to buy. :(

The PS4 is about 50% more powerful. The Xbox One is going to get a boast from DX12 and the Cloud So that number is going to be less in the next few years.

So far multiplats have been notably superior on the PS4 - and most games are multiplat. You also haven't seen Halo yet, Gears is on a new team who may have been incapable of making an interesting enough ip, Quantum Break has no gameplay yet same for Sunset Overdrive - For all you know the last 2 turn out duds - I wouldn't put much stock in either of them just yet. I would put my money on the system which has the better multiplats and has development teams known for their consistency and AAA games.

Only an idiot would think the PS4 is 50% more powerful than the X1. If you are basing that on the fillrate alone you are a fool. That is not the only factor that determines power. The only devs that Sony has that are very good is Naughty Dog. I wouldn't count on all the PS4 exclusives being good either. I bet the Order flops since their last game flopped. Guess what the 360 had the better multiplats last gen so I guess that was the best console last gen, right?

This gen sony will have better multplats and better first party and the graphics difference isnt 720- for 690p its 1080p vs 720 p

also not every multiplat was better on the 360 so far all multiplats are vastly superior on the ps4

I definitely wouldn't say vastly superior. More prevalent than the downgrade from 360 to PS3, yes in most cases. It's no bigger than the difference between the Xbox/Gamecube and the PS2 though.

#86 Posted by xxgunslingerxx (4089 posts) -

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@xxgunslingerxx: thank you for predicting a whole outcome of a generation. THE ONE already has two multiplats that are better on it. Thief and Stryder. Once devs catch on to the sophistication that is Xbox the playing field will be leveled.

Get a dev that isn't afraid of using DX12? Forget about it. Bye PS4.

Back on topic. This seems like a great deal that I might capitalize on for another ONE for my office.

theif on ps4 is 1080p and 900p on the bone

strider was most likely a bad port this is a last gen game that shouldnt push the hardware of a vita

I am basing my guess on the history of both consoles honestly no worse that what you do all the time ... although I am not half as blind as you are when i make my guesses

#87 Posted by Puggy301 (160 posts) -

Can't knock M$ for doing this. It's great for consumers. Now, if they can just offer a package that doesn't contain Kinect I'll definitely buy one and place it side by side with my PS4. M$ is very close to making the X1 too attractive to pass up.