Target selling new Xbox Ones for 350*

• 86 results
#1 Posted by tyloss (846 posts) -

Comes with 13 months XBL, TitanFall, Xbox

Desperation or smart move?

*For 450 dollars which is equivalent to the Xbox itself being 350.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/04/06/xbox-one-titanfall-bundle-with-13-months-of-xbox-live-discounted-to-450-at-target/

#2 Edited by Nonstop-Madness (9503 posts) -

They probably need to clear out old stock - which isn't a good sign for Microsoft.

#3 Posted by lglz1337 (4444 posts) -

make it happen clear the day one stock

#4 Posted by MonsieurX (32045 posts) -

Good thing for the consumers

Unlike Sony,which they raised the price in Canada

#5 Edited by RimacBugatti (1632 posts) -

@tyloss: Microsoft seems to be making disastrous decisions these days. Every time they drop the price they reassure the fact that the consumers run the show. In your face Microsoft for thinking that you were in control of manipulating the gaming industry.

#6 Edited by Namgis (3592 posts) -
@tyloss said:

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/04/06/xbox-one-titanfall-bundle-with-13-months-of-xbox-live-discounted-to-450-at-target/

Desperation for Target. They don't want to have bundles sitting around taking up space. They clearly are not worth the price they paid for them and now are looking to get rid of them at all costs. Does that mean they will not bring in any more bundles or solo consoles? No. They made some bad decisions as to the stock they need to have on hand. Happens all over the retail world.

Now if you're telling me MS has dropped their price down to $330 per console, then my answer would be, fire sale. Or extreme desperation.

Since it's only Target, for now, pick one up if you've been holding out. It's a good price.

@Nonstop-Madness said:

They probably need to clear out old stock - which isn't a good sign for Microsoft.

How is it bad for MS? They got their money from Target. It's Target that's losing money on this deal.

#7 Edited by lamprey263 (26133 posts) -

pretty good deal

#8 Posted by lostrib (44041 posts) -

Isn't that a good thing?

#9 Edited by TorqueHappens08 (1080 posts) -

@MonsieurX: Higher Demand, vs Lower Demand? Sony needs all the "extra" revenue they can get,

And damn that's a good ass deal, good for consumers.

#10 Posted by MonsieurX (32045 posts) -

@lostrib said:

Isn't that a good thing?

desperation = bad

trying to promote the vita = good

#11 Edited by Ribstaylor1 (1682 posts) -

Make sure you pay cash. Wouldn't want them not using their protection software so people can steal your credit card numbers again.

#12 Posted by I_can_haz (6511 posts) -

Xbone Desperation Continuation.

Those things are just gathering dust on shelves unlike the PS4 that is still hard to find in retail. Serves M$ right for thinking they could screw the consumers and get away with it.

"b...bu.....bu.....bu.....but Titanfall means Xbox won!!11"

TLHBO.

#13 Posted by dreamdude (4621 posts) -

If I had even a little interest, I'd grab one in a second.

Sweet news for anyone who has been holding out though.

#14 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (3864 posts) -

A good deal is apparently a bad thing.

#15 Edited by StrongDeadlift (5332 posts) -

@I_can_haz said:

Those things are just gathering dust on shelves unlike the PS4 that is still hard to find in retail. Serves M$ right for thinking they could screw the consumers and get away with it.

TLHBO.

No.

#16 Posted by Shewgenja (11574 posts) -

Guess they ran their FY13 sales reports.

#17 Posted by Pray_to_me (3127 posts) -

Good news for anyone that wants one. Personally I wouldn't get one if it was free. Not worth the space that PoS would take up.

#18 Edited by I_can_haz (6511 posts) -

@StrongDeadlift said:

@I_can_haz said:

TLHBO.

No.

Yes.

#19 Posted by lamprey263 (26133 posts) -

@Namgis said:
@Nonstop-Madness said:

How is it bad for MS? They got their money from Target. It's Target that's losing money on this deal.

Actually Target most likely negotiates with MS on partial refunds for discounting items, Amazon also has or had the same deal recently, Titanfall bundle going for $450, minus the year subscription to XBL. Things like self published games and XBL memberships though aren't really a financial loss, meaning they don't really cost anything for them to be included in bundles. Most retailers have contracts in which they get partial refunds on inventory ordered if the price fluctuates or there's a promotional period. Nobody is really losing anything on these deals. The gain, if anything, is moving more product, which builds more consumer awareness and word of mouth, friends get to share their X1 experience with friends and it influences their buying decisions of next gen consoles. And it's also possible MS makes up for the costs of the promotion by tax write-offs associated with costs to have these promotions.

Also, this also could mean MS is getting rid of the Titanfall bundle, as maybe they want the promotional period to be over, so maye they're trying to get rid of the rest at discount so people pay full price for their X1s, XBL subscriptions, and copies of Titanfall, from this point onward. Hopefully that's not the case though, I think consoles would be more attractive if packed in with a game.

#20 Edited by WilliamRLBaker (28560 posts) -

lol nice lie in the title.

#21 Edited by AdobeArtist (23085 posts) -

So are all the sony fans conceding that the early price drops for PS3 was acts of desperation? ;)

#22 Posted by I_can_haz (6511 posts) -

@AdobeArtist said:

So are all the sony fans conceding that the early price drops for PS3 was acts of desperation? ;)

Yep it was. I don't think anyone ever denied that.

M$ is just as desperate now or even more lol.

#23 Posted by Krelian-co (13269 posts) -

@AdobeArtist said:

they shot themselves in the foot with the 600 price tag, i don't think anyone denies that.

#24 Edited by WilliamRLBaker (28560 posts) -

@I_can_haz said:

@AdobeArtist said:

lol except every single sheen denied it you included.

sheens: offering bundles, and sales is an act of desperation....except when sony does it, then its just smart business.

#25 Edited by I_can_haz (6511 posts) -

@WilliamRLBaker said:

@I_can_haz said:

@AdobeArtist said:

lol except every single sheen denied it you included.

sheens: offering bundles, and sales is an act of desperation....except when sony does it, then its just smart business.

Link or GTFO.

LOL Sheens....desperate Willy.

#26 Edited by magicalclick (24290 posts) -

So cheep. Maybe I should be another one. This kind of deal is so rare.

#27 Posted by Shewgenja (11574 posts) -

I don't think Sony went into fire sale mode this early in the PS3s life cycle, but good luck trying to bring that up as DC.

#28 Edited by misterpmedia (4610 posts) -

@tyloss said:

A blend of both. Did you check the Microsoft store, is it a legit price drop/bundle? If it's still full price there it's probably retailers just getting rid of the dustiest boxes.

#29 Posted by RimacBugatti (1632 posts) -

I thought that the retailer had to get permission from Microsoft to drop the price. Which means Microsoft approved the price drop?

#30 Posted by Namgis (3592 posts) -

@lamprey263 said:

I think consoles would be more attractive if packed in with a game.

Me as well. I'd really rather have MS offer an acrade version of the One. Miniscule HDD, controller and no kinect. That bundled with say, Dead Rising 3, and I'd definitely consider picking their console. As it stands, I'll be skipping it all together.

#31 Posted by silversix_ (16604 posts) -

its a weak pos. what do you do with weak outdated pos? you give it away. exactly what they're doing

#32 Edited by xhawk27 (7608 posts) -

I don't know what to do. PS4 is clearly more powerful but I'll miss out on games like Halo, Gears, Quantum Break, Sunset Outlast. The Multiplats are better on the PS4 though. This is hard now I can see why sheldon couldn't decide on what console to buy. :(

The PS4 is about 35% more powerful. The Xbox One is going to get a boast from DX12 and the Cloud So that number is going to be less in the next few years.

#33 Posted by xhawk27 (7608 posts) -

@silversix_ said:

its a weak pos. what do you do with weak outdated pos? you give it away. exactly what they're doing

The Wii-U is even less powerful than the X1 and yet nobody is giving it away fool!

#34 Posted by Krelian-co (13269 posts) -

@xhawk27 said:

I don't know what to do. PS4 is clearly more powerful but I'll miss out on games like Halo, Gears, Quantum Break, Sunset Outlast. The Multiplats are better on the PS4 though. This is hard now I can see why sheldon couldn't decide on what console to buy. :(

The PS4 is about 35% more powerful. The Xbox One is going to get a boast from DX12 and the Cloud So that number is going to be less in the next few years.

if you are so torn about it why not just buy both and be done with it, if i want a game enough i'll buy the system it is in.

#35 Posted by xhawk27 (7608 posts) -

@Krelian-co said:

@xhawk27 said:

if you are so torn about it why not just buy both and be done with it, if i want a game enough i'll buy the system it is in.

Yeah I could do that but I don't want to spend that amount of money on two systems that I wouldn't have time for. I still have a backlog of games on the 360 and PS3 to play. lol

#36 Edited by lundy86_4 (44510 posts) -

Such a bad title.

#37 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (9465 posts) -

Devs confirming THE ONE is more powerful

http://twthereddragon.com/xbox-one-secret-sauce-will-double-performance-dev-claims/

So this seems like an incredible deal!!!

#38 Posted by silversix_ (16604 posts) -

@xhawk27 said:

@silversix_ said:

The Wii-U is even less powerful than the X1 and yet nobody is giving it away fool!

No. Nintendo doesn't give it away. Nintendo buy their own systems, that's even better.

#39 Posted by madskills6117 (4042 posts) -

@FoxbatAlpha said:

http://twthereddragon.com/xbox-one-secret-sauce-will-double-performance-dev-claims/

Hopefully DX12 lives up to the hype on X1.

#40 Posted by Stevo_the_gamer (43332 posts) -

That's a good deal.

#41 Edited by Solid_Max13 (3550 posts) -

@FoxbatAlpha said:

LMAO I took me all of 5 seconds for me to look around that site and realize how biased they were, Another MisterX fanjizzer claiming more victory with no real fact, c'mon FoxBat you're supposed to be in the know, and work in the "industry" you can;t tell me that site is your claim to ownage.

#42 Posted by bloodlust_101 (2721 posts) -

@xhawk27 said:

The PS4 is about 50% more powerful. The Xbox One is going to get a boast from DX12 and the Cloud So that number is going to be less in the next few years.

So far multiplats have been notably superior on the PS4 - and most games are multiplat. You also haven't seen Halo yet, Gears is on a new team who may have been incapable of making an interesting enough ip, Quantum Break has no gameplay yet same for Sunset Overdrive - For all you know the last 2 turn out duds - I wouldn't put much stock in either of them just yet. I would put my money on the system which has the better multiplats and has development teams known for their consistency and AAA games.

#43 Edited by navyguy21 (13113 posts) -

Seems they are looking to clear the Titanfall bundles they have left.

I see it as more that consumers would prefer the hard copy over a digital one.

Rarely do bundles with hard copies not sell out.

Id bet that if they had hard copies all would be gone.

I even had trouble selling my digital copy on ebay, no one wanted it. Ended up selling for $44

While bundling with a digital copy is cheaper.....it doesnt always pay off. I think MS over estimated demand for Titanfall.........and even more so that people wanted to go digital.........and thats why we have all these extra bundles.

#44 Posted by Vatusus (5474 posts) -

@Namgis said:

@Nonstop-Madness said:

... wich means Target wont order more units to MS if they cant sell the stock at the retail price

IT IS bad news for MS either way

#45 Posted by Namgis (3592 posts) -
@Vatusus said:

@Namgis said:
@Nonstop-Madness said:

... wich means Target wont order more units to MS if they cant sell the stock at the retail price

IT IS bad news for MS either way

So you're saying Target is done selling MS home consoles? Sounds like a complete over reaction. And quite a far reaching assumption. Most likely they wont order as many bundles next time. That would be the smart move.

#46 Posted by FinalFighters (1989 posts) -

@Pray_to_me said:

Good news for anyone that wants one. Personally I wouldn't get one if it was free. Not worth the space that PoS would take up.

#47 Posted by Locutus_Picard (3998 posts) -

Bombing Continuation Desperation.

This is bad news if retail is willing to take a big hit to get rid of garbage. This is HUGE, it means retailers won't stock up at all anymore, unless Microsoft makes the fabled $100 pricecut. Bigger problems on the horizon as install bases are growing apart and devs won't waste their time and money to sell only a couple of thousand copies on a dying console brand with a mere 4 million install base. Developers like Just Add Water, the brilliant minds behind the legendary Oddworld franchise and once the forefronts of xbox, just straight up does not develop for XB1. This is just one of many developer studios deserting the xbox brand.

#JumpOut

#48 Posted by xhawk27 (7608 posts) -

@bloodlust_101 said:

@xhawk27 said:

The PS4 is about 50% more powerful. The Xbox One is going to get a boast from DX12 and the Cloud So that number is going to be less in the next few years.

So far multiplats have been notably superior on the PS4 - and most games are multiplat. You also haven't seen Halo yet, Gears is on a new team who may have been incapable of making an interesting enough ip, Quantum Break has no gameplay yet same for Sunset Overdrive - For all you know the last 2 turn out duds - I wouldn't put much stock in either of them just yet. I would put my money on the system which has the better multiplats and has development teams known for their consistency and AAA games.

Only an idiot would think the PS4 is 50% more powerful than the X1. If you are basing that on the fillrate alone you are a fool. That is not the only factor that determines power. The only devs that Sony has that are very good is Naughty Dog. I wouldn't count on all the PS4 exclusives being good either. I bet the Order flops since their last game flopped. Guess what the 360 had the better multiplats last gen so I guess that was the best console last gen, right?

#49 Posted by xxgunslingerxx (4106 posts) -

@xhawk27 said:

@bloodlust_101 said:

@xhawk27 said:

Only an idiot would think the PS4 is 50% more powerful than the X1. If you are basing that on the fillrate alone you are a fool. That is not the only factor that determines power. The only devs that Sony has that are very good is Naughty Dog. I wouldn't count on all the PS4 exclusives being good either. I bet the Order flops since their last game flopped. Guess what the 360 had the better multiplats last gen so I guess that was the best console last gen, right?

This gen sony will have better multplats and better first party and the graphics difference isnt 720- for 690p its 1080p vs 720 p

also not every multiplat was better on the 360 so far all multiplats are vastly superior on the ps4

#50 Posted by Sweenix (5957 posts) -

Great deal

Also

Bomba