Tango, New Gaming PC small as your phone.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Jakandsigz
Member since 2013 • 6341 Posts

Here is the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuhPlhICG2I#t=62

here are the specs:

Processor AMD A6-5200 Quad Core 2GHz, up to 25 watts, with integrated GCN GPU HD8400 - See more at: http://tangopc.com/#sthash.L7GO2QBP.dpuf

Memory SODIMM DDR3-1600 socket x1 (from 2GB to 8GB). Laptop RAM - See more at: http://tangopc.com/#sthash.L7GO2QBP.dpuf

Storage SATA III mSATA SSD Socket x1. (from 32GB to 512GB or higher) - See more at: http://tangopc.com/#sthash.L7GO2QBP.dpuf

Operating System Any laptop PC compatible OS can run on Tango (Windows 7, 8 Pro, Linux flavors, Chrome, etc). Windows 7 and 8 Pro will be certified to run. - See more at: http://tangopc.com/#sthash.L7GO2QBP.dpuf

PC Size 125mm X 80mm X 13.5mm

DockPort Size 135mm X 135mm X 27mm

DockPort Connectivity 1x HDMI, 3x USB 2.0, 1x USB3.0, RJ45, internal WiFi, AV jack, DC 12V jack - See more at: http://tangopc.com/#sthash.L7GO2QBP.dpuf

AC Adapter 60W, 110-270V input. Connects to Docking Port. - See more at: http://tangopc.com/#sthash.L7GO2QBP.dpuf

It was also at CES: http://ces14.mapyourshow.com/5_0/exhibitor_details.cfm?exhid=T0001939

Although there is no video. It seems to be a very interesting project. Although cost may be a factor depending on how you look at it.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#2 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

Cool video and product, but that's not a gaming GPU at all :(

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts
@Blabadon said:

i agree.

this product will be held back if the graphics processing must come from the same die as the cpu.

but obviously they did this to keep the size small. a good compromise for a mobile productivity workstation, a poor compromise for a mobile gaming pc.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Blabadon

@CrownKingArthur said:
@Blabadon said:

i agree.

this product will be held back if the graphics processing must come from the same die as the cpu.

but obviously they did this to keep the size small. a good compromise for a mobile productivity workstation, a poor compromise for a mobile gaming pc.

Apparently they say (I can't believe I'm responding to you) that it could be a good 360 or PS3 replacement, but the GPU doesn't seem up for it. It's worse than my Intel HD 4000 graphics and no amount of optimization could get that thing to run Battlefield 3 like last-gen consoles can.

It's a casual gaming GPU at best, with some titles being okay on it (Gears of War 1, as they showed)

CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 CrownKingArthur

@Blabadon: yeah. its pretty poor. needs the next generation of amd apu's if they want gamers to take it seriously. and even so, i think the small form factor would elevate the price too much.

Xièxiè.

bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts

What a load of bollocks. I love how throughout their video there's footage of them playing Gears of War 3...which isn't on PC. And gaming GPU? It offers barely playable performance at low settings in a handful of new games, with most of them just flat out not working. Not what I'd describe as "for gaming" at all.

It's cool that a PC so small exists, but why go for the gaming or graphics angle when it clearly doesn't offer anything particularly great in that regard.

Having to use a docking station with it as well is a mixed bag. On one hand it's smart because you don't have to unplug every cable when you want to take it somewhere, but on the other if you go to someones house/office/business and they don't have a docking station, oh well, looks like you can't use it!

And holy shit that video, I despise videos like that, the uplifting music, the way the guy speaks, urghhh everything about it feels like it was made by Kickstarter robots.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Blabadon

@bobbetybob said:

What a load of bollocks. I love how throughout their video there's footage of them playing Gears of War 3...which isn't on PC. And gaming GPU? It offers barely playable performance at low settings in a handful of new games, with most of them just flat out not working. Not what I'd describe as "for gaming" at all.

It's cool that a PC so small exists, but why go for the gaming or graphics angle when it clearly doesn't offer anything particularly great in that regard.

Having to use a docking station with it as well is a mixed bag. On one hand it's smart because you don't have to unplug every cable when you want to take it somewhere, but on the other if you go to someones house/office/business and they don't have a docking station, oh well, looks like you can't use it!

And holy shit that video, I despise videos like that, the uplifting music, the way the guy speaks, urghhh everything about it feels like it was made by Kickstarter robots.

It's the first Gears

CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 CrownKingArthur

@bobbetybob: video feels really contrived aye? i hate that shit too, guvna.

bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By bobbetybob
@Blabadon said:

@bobbetybob said:

It's the first Gears

Nah it definitely isn't 1 and the PC needs funky mods to do splitscreen in that game. Now that I look again I actually think it's Judgment not 3.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Blabadon

@bobbetybob said:
@Blabadon said:

@bobbetybob said:

It's the first Gears

Nah it definitely isn't 1 and the PC needs funky mods to do splitscreen in that game. Now that I look again I actually think it's Judgment not 3.

Whoops, I hadn't seen the beginning of the video where it's clearly not Gears 1.

Sillier thing is, the part at 1:09 I did see, that's clearly not the first Gears either. My bad,

bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 bobbetybob
@Blabadon said:

Whoops, I hadn't seen the beginning of the video where it's clearly not Gears 1.

Sillier thing is, the part at 1:09 I did see, that's clearly not the first Gears either. My bad,

No problem, to be honest I was actually doubting it myself, the games all look pretty samey, I remember the first one being super duper grey though that's the only way I can differentiate it. The newer ones are much browner.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Blabadon

@bobbetybob said:The newer ones are much browner.

Holy shit, QFT

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13  Edited By ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@Blabadon said:

@CrownKingArthur said:
@Blabadon said:

i agree.

Apparently they say (I can't believe I'm responding to you) that it could be a good 360 or PS3 replacement, but the GPU doesn't seem up for it. It's worse than my Intel HD 4000 graphics and no amount of optimization could get that thing to run Battlefield 3 like last-gen consoles can.

It's a casual gaming GPU at best, with some titles being okay on it (Gears of War 1, as they showed)

From http://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-A-Series-A6-5200-Notebook-Processor.92895.0.html

"On average, the HD 8400 matches a Radeon HD 6490M or faster versions of the Intel HD Graphics 4000"

--------

25 watt Kabini would be almost dead on arrival by 15-to-35 watts Kaveri and 10-to-25 watts Beema http://www.bjorn3d.com/2013/11/amd-2014-mobile-product-kaveri-beema-mullins/