Tales of Hearts announced for PSVita

• 57 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by finalstar2007 (25308 posts) -

Tales of Hearts R is officially announced for the PsVita, a remake of the original game which was released on the DS few years ago. Namco Bandai have added new story events, made the game fully voiced, and that theres a new character named Calcedony Arkham in the game.

We might finally be able to play it in English :D

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/10/24/tales-of-hearts-r-being-retold-on-playstation-vita/

Tales-of-Hearts-650x350.jpg

NOTE: Namco Bandai CEO did mention once that he felt bad for the fans outside for Japan for not getting the chance to play ToH..yup this could be it :D

#2 Posted by Cheleman (7707 posts) -

Day 1.

#3 Posted by finalfantasy94 (26596 posts) -

Idk why they dont release Tales of innocence R over. When tales games are announced I never hold my breath for NA release. So yea as of now I dont care untill something is said about other region release.

#4 Posted by ShyGai (93 posts) -

Is that the protagonist in the center ? He'd better be interesting this time. Last thing this series need is another Asbel.

#5 Posted by kuraimen (28078 posts) -
Day 2
#6 Posted by JohnnyCageMK (4340 posts) -
Finalstar hype thread 4.0 incoming.
#7 Posted by Yangire (8795 posts) -

Odd how they are doing another remake, I thought the Innocence one sold poorly.

#8 Posted by charizard1605 (58300 posts) -
Isn't that a remake of the DS game that was called the worst game in the series?
#9 Posted by bbkkristian (14957 posts) -
Yay, another RPG to add to the 2 already on Vita. :)
#10 Posted by finalstar2007 (25308 posts) -

Isn't that a remake of the DS game that was called the worst game in the series?charizard1605

Its a remake of the DS game but this is my first time ever hearing anyone called it the worst game in the series :|.. what i been hearing and especially when it came out in Japan is that its one of the best handheld Tales to come out.

#11 Posted by 205212669269561485377169522720 (14458 posts) -

Did Innocence R ever make it to NA? Thought so. Plus the original Hearts never came either so this is a fruitless thread unless you know Japanese which is the minority.

#12 Posted by rockydog1111 (2076 posts) -

Awesome, when I get the Vita, I will pick this up.

#13 Posted by SNIPER4321 (10144 posts) -
Oh look another Pink girly JRPG on handheld Day 0 Buy
#14 Posted by tagyhag (15867 posts) -
How romantic. :oops:
#15 Posted by NeonNinja (17318 posts) -
Cool. And this one can be pronounced too. :P
#16 Posted by Gxgear (10425 posts) -

Another game I'll have to import.

#17 Posted by Capitan_Kid (6585 posts) -

Did Innocence R ever make it to NA? Thought so. Plus the original Hearts never came either so this is a fruitless thread unless you know Japanese which is the minority.

sanim02
That means nothing. Graces, Vesperia, Xillia have all been localized and Xillia 2 is looking like a possibility. Theres a good chance this might get localized
#18 Posted by Ly_the_Fairy (8652 posts) -

Isn't that a remake of the DS game that was called the worst game in the series?charizard1605

Well it's on a Playstation now, so it's finally worth playing.

#19 Posted by Shirokishi_ (11199 posts) -

Youre thining of Tempest. Hearts is one of the more likes games but didnt sell amazing.
Interesting choice of platform considering Innocence R sold like ass, guess theres some kind of deal involved?
Id play if localized (lol). Hearts was fun.

#20 Posted by NirdBerd (2116 posts) -

I will buy a Vita if this comes to Europe.

#21 Posted by charizard1605 (58300 posts) -

[QUOTE="charizard1605"]Isn't that a remake of the DS game that was called the worst game in the series?finalstar2007

Its a remake of the DS game but this is my first time ever hearing anyone called it the worst game in the series :|.. what i been hearing and especially when it came out in Japan is that its one of the best handheld Tales to come out.

Oh sorry, that was Tempest. It was so bad, it was even demoted from 'main series' status, did you know? :P Anyway, good news. Hope the Vita gets an original Tales game sometime soon
#22 Posted by charizard1605 (58300 posts) -

[QUOTE="charizard1605"]Isn't that a remake of the DS game that was called the worst game in the series?Shirokishi_

Youre thining of Tempest. Hearts is one of the more likes games but didnt sell amazing.
Interesting choice of platform considering Innocence R sold like ass, guess theres some kind of deal involved?
Id play if localized (lol). Hearts was fun.

Yeah, I figured that out :P Anyway, I guess Innocence R did enough numbers that this was justified? It can't have been that expensive to produce...
#23 Posted by GeoffZak (3715 posts) -

If only it were being made for a good platform instead. :(

No way in hell am I buying a Vita, so I won't be able to play this one.

#24 Posted by Shirokishi_ (11199 posts) -

GeoffZak

Import the DS one and play the translation.

#25 Posted by finalstar2007 (25308 posts) -

[QUOTE="sanim02"]

Capitan_Kid

That means nothing. Graces, Vesperia, Xillia have all been localized and Xillia 2 is looking like a possibility. Theres a good chance this might get localized

Namco even said that from now on they plan to bring over as many tales games as they can

#26 Posted by timmy00 (15360 posts) -

hmm if it comes over I'll get it but I highly doubt it will....

Did Innocence R ever make it to NA? Thought so.

sanim02

):

#27 Posted by Supabul (3863 posts) -

Good new's It looked like a great game on the DS also it can't be as bad asTales of Grace F, worst Tales game ever

Hoping Tales of Xilla dosen't disappoint

#28 Posted by MLBknights58 (5015 posts) -

Cool, but I'm still only saving up money so I can buy Vita + Persona 4 Golden, as well as a few other titles. The Tales series never piqued my interest, not even a little.

#29 Posted by lordlors (5610 posts) -
This is still not enough for me to make Vita a viable purchase after that disastrous PSP where i only enjoyed very few games. And i think there won't be any english version of this game anytime soon which is worthless. Spring 2013? And it takes time to translate if they ever plan to release it outside Japan since Hearts was never released outside. Useless...
#30 Posted by GeoffZak (3715 posts) -

[QUOTE="GeoffZak"]

Shirokishi_

I don't have a DS either. I don't like handheld gaming.

#31 Posted by Zen_Light (1236 posts) -

More Tales games is always a good thing.

#32 Posted by Ghost120x (3919 posts) -
Holy **** this was the one tales game I was hyped for but didn't get localized! If it comes to America I will buy it day one. *squeals*
#33 Posted by lundy86_4 (43567 posts) -

Idk why they dont release Tales of innocence R over. When tales games are announced I never hold my breath for NA release. So yea as of now I dont care untill something is said about other region release.

finalfantasy94

Same. I;m massively behind on anything tales, but Tales of Graces F has been pretty good so far. I've always loved the Tales games.

#34 Posted by Slashkice (13241 posts) -

Ah, so they finally announced it. This was hinted at in the ending of Innocence R.

Though since that still hasn't come out in English, I doubt this will...

#35 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (8215 posts) -
[QUOTE="SNIPER4321"]Oh look another Pink girly JRPG on handheld Day 0 Buy

I agree with SNIPER on this one.
#36 Posted by funsohng (28125 posts) -
not sure if it was Heart or Tempest that was considered absolute worst in the series. Goddamn, there are just way too many Tales games nowadays, it's ridiculous.
#37 Posted by FlamesOfGrey (7511 posts) -

[QUOTE="Shirokishi_"]

[QUOTE="GeoffZak"]

GeoffZak

That sucks as you won't be playing many of the high quality RPG's from Japan.
#38 Posted by Yangire (8795 posts) -

[QUOTE="Shirokishi_"]

[QUOTE="GeoffZak"]

GeoffZak

Liking JRPGs and not gaming on handhelds should be a crime, it might be one day.

#39 Posted by finalstar2007 (25308 posts) -

not sure if it was Heart or Tempest that was considered absolute worst in the series. Goddamn, there are just way too many Tales games nowadays, it's ridiculous.funsohng

Agreed! its ridiculously awesome!:D

The more tales the better and Namco's new strategy by releasing more Tales outside of Japan is what makes it even better

#40 Posted by HaloPimp978 (7295 posts) -

Me likey the Tales series never had the chance to play this so day 1 for me.

#41 Posted by ShuichiChamp24 (5014 posts) -
A 3D remake of the 2D sprites? I think i'll pass.
#42 Posted by ryangcnx-2 (1242 posts) -

If this comes out in the U.S. then this might be the game to make me purchase a vita

#43 Posted by archvile_78 (8382 posts) -

You're thinking Legendia.

#44 Posted by fend_oblivion (6152 posts) -
[QUOTE="SNIPER4321"]Oh look another Pink girly JRPG on handheld Day 0 Buy

This is the Tales series. It's not the same as "other" games like Mugen Souls (*pukes*).
#45 Posted by Lucky_Krystal (1730 posts) -

[QUOTE="SNIPER4321"]Oh look another Pink girly JRPG on handheld Day 0 Buyfend_oblivion
This is the Tales series. It's not the same as "other" games like Mugen Souls (*pukes*).

I thought this would be the ONE JRPG thread where that attention whore gets ignored but I guess I was wrong.

#46 Posted by funsohng (28125 posts) -

[QUOTE="funsohng"]not sure if it was Heart or Tempest that was considered absolute worst in the series. Goddamn, there are just way too many Tales games nowadays, it's ridiculous.finalstar2007

The more tales the better and Namco's new strategy by releasing more Tales outside of Japan is what makes it even better

You agree with me? That means you are now weary of all these Tales games to the point you just don't f*cking care no more.
#47 Posted by Yangire (8795 posts) -

[QUOTE="finalstar2007"]

[QUOTE="funsohng"]not sure if it was Heart or Tempest that was considered absolute worst in the series. Goddamn, there are just way too many Tales games nowadays, it's ridiculous.funsohng

You agree with me? That means you are now weary of all these Tales games to the point you just don't f*cking care no more.

Nah bro he clearly agreed to "Tales games nowadays".

#48 Posted by campzor (34932 posts) -
i believe this is a FULL 3D Remake.
#49 Posted by NaveedLife (17179 posts) -

Good new's It looked like a great game on the DS also it can't be as bad asTales of Grace F, worst Tales game ever

Hoping Tales of Xilla dosen't disappoint

Supabul

I am worried about Xillia, since it is apparently linear like Graces F (though I have not played Graces F to be fair).

#50 Posted by Shirokishi_ (11199 posts) -

A 3D remake of the 2D sprites? I think i'll pass.ShuichiChamp24

Not too happy about that either. The sprites in Hearts were beautiful, the 2.5D non-combat parts couldve been improved if anything.
Welp.