SYSTEM WARS VOTES Playstation 2 As The Greatest Home Console of All Time

• 178 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#101 Posted by CTR360 (7034 posts) -
PS3
#102 Posted by lowkey254 (5904 posts) -

Looks like sunny runs things in these parts.

I prefer the PSX, while the PS2 had smoother looks to it, I have better memories with the PSX.

#104 Posted by rrjim1 (876 posts) -

None of the above, dumb poll!

#105 Posted by AzatiS (7510 posts) -
PS2 easily... Too many new ips , too many great exclusives , too many games too choose from , too good too be true ( after 2 generations still sales!! Insane )
#106 Posted by mariokart64fan (19439 posts) -
snes ps2 not have rock n roll racing topgear 3000 and current gen is lame except wii and ds
#107 Posted by heeweesRus (5609 posts) -

looks like PS3 is tied with the N64 for 3rd greatest console ever.

#108 Posted by Drasonak (1509 posts) -
Seeing as the Wii is backwards compatible with GameCube games and is able to play classics ranging from the third to the fifth generation, I'm going to have to go with that. Are you not including old games ported to newer consoles? What other system can you get all the Super Mario console platform games for legally and morally (other than the Wii U)? Yeah, the Wii has the best games from a lot of different systems, but its own games as well. I would put Wii U, but it can't play GameCube games and doesn't have much compelling at the moment to make up for that fact.
#109 Posted by not_wanted (1977 posts) -

PS 2.

#110 Posted by EPaul (9906 posts) -

PS2

#111 Posted by gameboy343 (1024 posts) -

snes was my childhood. had to go with that.

#112 Posted by Eddie-Vedder (7790 posts) -

I own a BC PS3, so PS1+PS2+PS3 all in one console. 

#Winning

#113 Posted by CaptainGamespot (609 posts) -

360. to many good game.s

#114 Posted by Masenkoe (4888 posts) -

PS2

#115 Posted by Cyberdot (3523 posts) -

PS2 with no doubt.

#116 Posted by Heirren (16830 posts) -
PS3 launch model, no contest.
#117 Posted by charizard1605 (56853 posts) -
So the voting is closed, and predictably enough, PS2 won! System Wars essentially verified something all of us already knew: there is only one king, and that is the PS2.
#118 Posted by spookykid143 (10393 posts) -

So the voting is closed, and predictably enough, PS2 won! System Wars essentially verified something all of us already knew: there is only one king, and that is the PS2.charizard1605
I'm glad SW finally got something right.

#119 Posted by ZetA_LatA (117 posts) -

I agree. The PS2 was excellent. 

#120 Posted by Zaibach (13444 posts) -

I am so shocked! :o

#121 Posted by Vatusus (4593 posts) -

Not surprised. It is the best home console.

DeadMan1290

ditto

the only home console I can think of that had both quantity and quality. Its a legend among gaming

#122 Posted by DeadMan1290 (15502 posts) -

Not surprised. It is the best home console.

#123 Posted by ShadowofSonic (24616 posts) -
The Playstation 2 and SNES are my favorites, good show.
#124 Posted by AdobeArtist (22845 posts) -

I am so shocked! :o

Zaibach

Yeah, I thought for sure it was gonna be the 3DO :P

#125 Posted by DarkLink77 (31697 posts) -

No doubt, the PS2 is the greatest console ever, by virtue of sheer volume alone. So many classics, so little time.

#126 Posted by Sweenix (5399 posts) -

i'll go with xbox 360

#127 Posted by MLBknights58 (5015 posts) -

My vote was SNES, but hell you can't go wrong with PS2.  Really.

#128 Posted by bowlingotter (6463 posts) -

My vote was SNES, but hell you can't go wrong with PS2.  Really.

MLBknights58
Same. My heart will always be with the SNES, but the PS2 really owned the console world during its heyday.
#129 Posted by EPaul (9906 posts) -

SW is correct for once

#130 Posted by darkspineslayer (19617 posts) -
If the SNES was going to lose, at least it lost to a worthy foe.
#131 Posted by Desmonic (13745 posts) -
Dat SDC baby :cool:
#132 Posted by TheRatedD (13 posts) -
'SONY' IS THE 'ONLY' WAY TO GO
#133 Posted by ShadowofSonic (24616 posts) -
'SONY' IS THE 'ONLY' WAY TO GO TheRatedD
This. :P
#134 Posted by The_Deepblue (583 posts) -
Great console-won't argue against the choice. It's not my favorite, not even of its gen, and NES is still my favorite overall, I think.
#135 Posted by ImJESUS-PROam (337 posts) -
lol, Ps2 isn't the best. All these mainstream casual gamers.
#136 Posted by Vatusus (4593 posts) -

lol, Ps2 isn't the best. All these mainstream casual gamers.ImJESUS-PROam

Put some cream on it. It'll hurt less...

#137 Posted by lowkey254 (5904 posts) -

[QUOTE="ImJESUS-PROam"]lol, Ps2 isn't the best. All these mainstream casual gamers.Vatusus

Put some cream on it. It'll hurt less...

:)
#138 Posted by locopatho (20236 posts) -
Go cram a Wonderswan up your ass.
#139 Posted by AcidThunder (2332 posts) -
^ hipster
#140 Posted by Jag85 (4455 posts) -

As a piece of hardware, the PS2 was terribly designed. Not only was it unreliable, but it lacked features that the Dreamcast and even the N64 had.

But as a software library, it's pretty hard to beat that huge library of PS2 games, along with all the PS1 games.

#141 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38216 posts) -

PS2 was always gonna win. It completely dominated gaming during it's reign. Soooo many great games were on that system and it had two of the greatest games ever made; SotC and MGS3

#142 Posted by Clock-w0rk (3238 posts) -

The king has had a tremendous reign, it's time to pass the torch.

PS2: Life isn't just about passing on your name. We can leave behind much more than just a legacy. Through games, innovation, class and domination...what we've seen, heard, felt, played...anger, joy and sorrow...these are the things I will pass on. That's what I live for. We need to pass the torch, and let our successors read our great and inspiring history by its light. We have all the magic of the digital age to do that with. The Playstation brand may come to an end some time, and new systems may rule over this war. Sony may not be forever, but we still have the responsibility to leave what traces of brilliance we can. Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing.

#PS4

[spoiler] speech is from the GOAT [/spoiler]

#143 Posted by kickingcarpet (440 posts) -

PS2 will not hold the throne long once the Playstation 4 is released.

#144 Posted by Jag85 (4455 posts) -

PS2: Life isn't just about passing on your name. We can leave behind much more than just a legacy. Through games, innovation, class and domination...what we've seen, heard, felt, played...anger, joy and sorrow...these are the things I will pass on. That's what I live for. We need to pass the torch, and let our successors read our great and inspiring history by its light. We have all the magic of the digital age to do that with. The Playstation brand may come to an end some time, and new systems may rule over this war. Sony may not be forever, but we still have the responsibility to leave what traces of brilliance we can. Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing.

#PS4

Clock-w0rk

Nice reference...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lieJIxJZs1M

#145 Posted by Clock-w0rk (3238 posts) -

[QUOTE="Clock-w0rk"]

#PS4

Jag85

Nice reference...

Wub

#146 Posted by lazerface216 (7495 posts) -

PS2 is GOAT without question. SNES is right up there though...

#147 Posted by Jag85 (4455 posts) -

[QUOTE="Jag85"]

[QUOTE="Clock-w0rk"]

#PS4

Clock-w0rk

Nice reference...

Wub

Greatest PS2 game! (IMO) 

P.S. Who's the chick in your sig? Looks familiar.

#148 Posted by Blabadon (26148 posts) -

[QUOTE="Clock-w0rk"]

#PS4

Jag85

Nice reference...

That speech alone somehow made the absolutely horrible, shit ending that MGS2 had bearable. Of course, the post-credits scene kind of shit itself again.
#149 Posted by Jag85 (4455 posts) -

[QUOTE="Jag85"]

[QUOTE="Clock-w0rk"]

#PS4

Blabadon

Nice reference...

That speech alone somehow made the absolutely horrible, shit ending that MGS2 had bearable. Of course, the post-credits scene kind of shit itself again.

Wow, reminds me of 2002 all over again... Back in those days, gaming forums were packed with fanboys b****ing about MGS2 and Raiden over the dumbest reasons... Ah, the good old days.

#150 Posted by Clock-w0rk (3238 posts) -

[QUOTE="Clock-w0rk"]

[QUOTE="Jag85"]

Nice reference...

Jag85

Wub

Greatest PS2 game! (IMO) 

P.S. Who's the chick in your sig? Looks familiar.

You are f*cking awesome!

Girl in my sig is molly Ringwald from the Breakfast Club.