SYSTEM WARS VOTES Playstation 2 As The Greatest Home Console of All Time

• 178 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by charizard1605 (55555 posts) -

You put the SNES but where is the Genesis/Mega Drive, fakeboy ?!?

DISSESHOWEDO
Read the OP before commenting
#52 Posted by DarthaPerkinjan (762 posts) -

Cant believe the PS3 is beating the PS1

#53 Posted by TheEroica (13241 posts) -
SNESMonsieurX
#54 Posted by NoirLamia777 (2126 posts) -

DarthaPerkinjan

Same lol.

#55 Posted by DarthaPerkinjan (762 posts) -

[QUOTE="DarthaPerkinjan"]

NoirLamia777

Same lol.

The N64 is also beating the PS1.  I guess it says alot about the age of system wars folk

#56 Posted by the9thinning (925 posts) -
N64
#57 Posted by Lionheart08 (15296 posts) -

PS2

#58 Posted by tonitorsi (8276 posts) -

The HolyStation 2

#59 Posted by parkurtommo (26098 posts) -

gamecube obviously... :P

#60 Posted by Badosh (12727 posts) -
PS2.
#61 Posted by darkspineslayer (19479 posts) -
It saddens me to see SNES in second, but at least it's to a worthy competitor.
#62 Posted by Game_Guy567 (3428 posts) -

Hard decision between the two, but SNES over PS2.

#63 Posted by WilliamRLBaker (28338 posts) -
[QUOTE="kuraimen"]

[QUOTE="charizard1605"]

[QUOTE="SolidTy"]

That whole "I'm leaving, now I'm back as Drops of Jupiter, now I'm back as ___" thing was a good example of the kind of time killing I'm talking about.

SolidTy

I don't see how that has anything to do with anything at all, but suit yourself.

It's an example of time wasting, having an agenda, and dare I say it, being manipulative. You answered my post though, you said you always planned a final round, even if redundant, so have at it.

4th post.

such conceit and snobbery ah it warms my heart that you still act like the know it all snob I grew to hate ty.
#64 Posted by heeweesRus (5609 posts) -

[QUOTE="kuraimen"] [QUOTE="SolidTy"]I don't see how that has anything to do with anything at all, but suit yourself.

WilliamRLBaker

It's an example of time wasting, having an agenda, and dare I say it, being manipulative. You answered my post though, you said you always planned a final round, even if redundant, so have at it.

4th post.

such conceit and snobbery ah it warms my heart that you still act like the know it all snob I grew to hate ty.

AG9Qq.jpg

#65 Posted by Duckyindiana (2288 posts) -
OMG you people mad the PS1 was soooooo much better than 2!!!!
#66 Posted by charizard1605 (55555 posts) -

[QUOTE="NoirLamia777"]

[QUOTE="DarthaPerkinjan"]

DarthaPerkinjan

Same lol.

The N64 is also beating the PS1.  I guess it says alot about the age of system wars folk

How? Both came out at the exact same time :?
#67 Posted by rjdofu (9170 posts) -
Sony family wins :cool:
#68 Posted by rjdofu (9170 posts) -

This whole thing is a load, where is the Nintendo DS. The most selling video game system of all time. 

http://www.vgchartz.com/analysis/platform_totals/

ALso INB4 "lolVGcharts" you know its true. This Vote is a joke handhelds should be included. 

Jonwh18
You don't simply compare handhelds to consoles. They need to be separated.
#69 Posted by SolidTy (42128 posts) -

[QUOTE="SolidTy"]

[QUOTE="charizard1605"]I don't see how that has anything to do with anything at all, but suit yourself.

WilliamRLBaker

4th post.

:lol: You got some problems, man. :P

Peanut gallery commentary about some backstory you don't understand. :lol:

#70 Posted by SolidTy (42128 posts) -

[QUOTE="WilliamRLBaker"][QUOTE="kuraimen"]

4th post.

heeweesRus

AG9Qq.jpg

:lol:

CIassic Will Baby photo. I'm still surprised his mom released that in OT, but he didn't clean his room so he had it coming. Word was he kept some dirty clothes under a hemp blanket, and it royally pissed mom off. :P

#71 Posted by RR360DD (11519 posts) -

The fact that the PS3 is in there just shows how deluded SW really is. Is anybody going to vote for the PS3 and actually admit it (apart from finalstar who is a proven idiot)?

Anyway my vote goes to the PS2.

#72 Posted by jsmoke03 (12618 posts) -

definitely snes....i can say that even if i didnt own one...

ps2 is close but def snes

#73 Posted by timmy00 (15360 posts) -

I vote for the SNES I suppose. I lol'd at the PS3 being on here.

#74 Posted by OldSnakePS3 (310 posts) -

PS2 aka the God of consoles 

#75 Posted by rjdofu (9170 posts) -
PS2
#76 Posted by rjdofu (9170 posts) -
PS2

[QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="SolidTy"]

This round seems pointless as the results from the first round did the job.

This is my only post in both threads.

SolidTy

Okay.

Okay.

It seems you are attempting to shift the results from the first vote thread to get different results that you may like better...

The tally speaks volumes and this new effort is a waste of time unless changing the results is your game. Perhaps you can tack on a five more rounds in a convoluted attempt to get the results you desire...even if those new results directly contradict the first results.

This is my second post, that whole "I'm leaving, now I'm back as Drops of Jupiter, now I'm back as ___" thing was a good example of the kind of time killing I'm talking about.

I kinda agree. So what happens if SNES wins this round? Does it make everything before this pointless?
#77 Posted by jg4xchamp (47070 posts) -
Playstation 2
#78 Posted by McStrongfast (4262 posts) -

The US Super Nintendo is so ugly. I feel sorry for you people.

Super_Nintendo_Entertainment_System_%28P

So much better.

#79 Posted by The_Last_Ride (69782 posts) -
i voted PS2 but N64 was also a great console
#80 Posted by kuraimen (28078 posts) -

The fact that the PS3 is in there just shows how deluded SW really is. Is anybody going to vote for the PS3 and actually admit it (apart from finalstar who is a proven idiot)?

RR360DD

96b57e68_holland-meme-generator-awwwwwww

#81 Posted by RR360DD (11519 posts) -

[QUOTE="RR360DD"]

kuraimen

Yeah, I knew you'd be one of those 7 idiots. Congrats
#82 Posted by kuraimen (28078 posts) -

[QUOTE="kuraimen"]

[QUOTE="RR360DD"]

RR360DD

Yeah, I knew you'd be one of those 7 idiots. Congrats

Yeah-He-mad_U18chan.jpg

#83 Posted by DivineSword (15742 posts) -

Might as well go with the PS2 if those are the only options.

#84 Posted by dr_jashugan (2549 posts) -

PS2 brought gaming with a huge library of games (PS1 & PS2) and multi-region DVD watching capabilities ALL IN ONE BOX.

LONG LIVE PS2! :cool:

#85 Posted by locopatho (20131 posts) -
PS2 clearly winning with SNES nearby and lesser Playstations trailing far behind. I could have told you that without all the voting :P Though wtf is N64 doing in top 5 consoles ever? I'd rank NES, Megadrive, Xbox, Gamecube, 360, and possibly Wii ahead of it!
#86 Posted by Jack-Burton (2303 posts) -
Xbox 360
#87 Posted by Badosh (12727 posts) -
Xbox 360Jack-Burton
#88 Posted by Lucianu (9315 posts) -

Every time i see this thread it urges me to dig trough the SNES library. I can't think of more than 15-20 titles that are actually great on that console, which explains my lack of love for it. I must hunt down some of the hidden gems.. 

Now with the PS2, i can easily round up 50. If it weren't for the sh*tty fragility of the system (which the PS1 is guilty of aswell), i would definitely own the console right now. Good thing emulation is a proper alternative, otherwise my discs would have ben neck ornaments by now. 

#89 Posted by no-scope-AK47 (2683 posts) -

Hands down ps2 why??

1. most games

2. bc with ps1 second most games

3. dvd player

Sure the online gaming kinda sucked and the graphics were the weakest but my gaming pc was my ace. Sony slipped with the ps3 but the ps4 looks set to own once again.

#90 Posted by charizard1605 (55555 posts) -

Hands down ps2 why??

1. most games

2. bc with ps1 second most games

3. dvd player

Sure the online gaming kinda sucked and the graphics were the weakest but my gaming pc was my ace. Sony slipped with the ps3 but the ps4 looks set to own once again.

no-scope-AK47
Yeah, the PS4 looks like it will replicate the domination of the PS3 pretty well.
#91 Posted by Nike_Air (18296 posts) -

PS3 wouldn't be a bad way to go.

1. Great 1st party support
  2. Great 3rd party support
  3. Downloadables games / demos / betas / DLC 
  4. Online gaming goodness - (and for free)
  5. Specs - graphics / physics / high definition
  6. Trophies
  7. Hardrive , wireless controllers , wifi/bluetooth 
  8. User ID , friends list , messaging , video conferencing
  9. PS+
  10. Cross buy / play / save with Vita 
  11. Multimedia - blu-ray , netflix , etc.

On the way ------ Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon (lol) , The Last of Us , Puppeteer , Beyond Two Souls , GTA V , etc  

#92 Posted by themajormayor (25675 posts) -

Playstation 3 easily.

#93 Posted by ShoulderOfOrion (3435 posts) -
[QUOTE="Jack-Burton"]Xbox 360Badosh

#94 Posted by brimmul777 (1101 posts) -

I picked the Super Nintendo,but I love my Xbox 360 the best.;).

#95 Posted by brimmul777 (1101 posts) -

I can't believe people liked the Ninteno 64 more then the PS3,so far.Shocking to be honest.:o

#96 Posted by no-scope-AK47 (2683 posts) -

I can't believe people liked the Ninteno 64 more then the PS3,so far.Shocking to be honest.:o

brimmul777

Cmon when your a kid playing goldeneye,mario kart,mario 64,wave race,eternal darkness,perfect dark,ki2 ect these are bonding moments. Same deal with the snes that was just insane goodness. It is with a sad heart that I say what I never thought I would but nintendo sucks now. I remeber when rare was sold to ms and it seems like that was the start of the end. 

#97 Posted by Blabadon (25683 posts) -
I'll go with the PS3.
#98 Posted by bowlingotter (6463 posts) -

This is likely to just boil down for whatever system had its heyday while they were growing up. For me, it's SNES, hands down.

#99 Posted by Lionheart08 (15296 posts) -

This is likely to just boil down for whatever system had its heyday while they were growing up. For me, it's SNES, hands down.

bowlingotter

I had both the SNES and PS2 growing up. :P

#100 Posted by bowlingotter (6463 posts) -

[QUOTE="bowlingotter"]

Lionheart08

I had both the SNES and PS2 growing up. :P

That's quite a leap of gaming generations!