SYSTEM WARS VOTES: Game of the Year 2012 (Extended vote date!)

• 174 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#101 Posted by Jonwh18 (9350 posts) -

1 Pokemon B/W2

2 Torchlight 2

3 Far Cry 3

#102 Posted by MrYaotubo (2709 posts) -
Please refrain from using games that released on other systems last year. Xenoblade is fine, Dark Souls PTD Edition is not.Blabadon
Either both are fine or both don´t count. In fact,DS PTDE is much legitimate than Xenoblade because it actually released on a different system,Xenoblade is just a 2010 game that has been constantly used in peoples lists in 2010,2011 and now 2012 when the only thing that happened was a diferent region release. With that kind of logic Minecraft 360 wouldn´t count as well,that´s just dumb.
#103 Posted by BlbecekBobecek (2689 posts) -

1) X-COM Enemy Unknown

2) Dishonored

3) Journey

#104 Posted by Blabadon (26586 posts) -

[QUOTE="Blabadon"]Please refrain from using games that released on other systems last year. Xenoblade is fine, Dark Souls PTD Edition is not.BPoole96

Why is Xenoblades okay but Dark Souls is not? Dark Souls was put on a new platforms with several hours of brand new content, whereas Xenblades was just brought to North America 2 years after the game originally released. Either they both count or neither of them count.

Xenoblade was brought stateside and didn't count last year in many polls for SW, whereas Dark Souls did. I'm reluctant to the whole idea, but considering some people haven't even played three games this year, I'm willing to make exceptions for games that weren't counted in last year's polls.
#105 Posted by BPoole96 (22802 posts) -

[QUOTE="BPoole96"]

[QUOTE="Blabadon"]Please refrain from using games that released on other systems last year. Xenoblade is fine, Dark Souls PTD Edition is not.Blabadon

Why is Xenoblades okay but Dark Souls is not? Dark Souls was put on a new platforms with several hours of brand new content, whereas Xenblades was just brought to North America 2 years after the game originally released. Either they both count or neither of them count.

Xenoblade was brought stateside and didn't count last year in many polls for SW, whereas Dark Souls did. I'm reluctant to the whole idea, but considering some people haven't even played three games this year, I'm willing to make exceptions for games that weren't counted in last year's polls.

I think it'd be easier to just say neither of them count. Both released in yars prior to this one, and it's not like this is North American GOTY

#106 Posted by ShadowsDemon (10138 posts) -
  1. Journey
  2. Max Payne 3
  3. Silent Hill: Downpour
Cheleman
Downpour was the best Horror game this year.
#107 Posted by Cheleman (7707 posts) -

[QUOTE="Cheleman"]

1. Journey
  2. Max Payne 3

ShadowsDemon

Indeed:D

#108 Posted by ShadowsDemon (10138 posts) -

[QUOTE="ShadowsDemon"][QUOTE="Cheleman"]

1. Journey
  2. Max Payne 3

Cheleman

Finally someone who appreciates good games :D
#109 Posted by campzor (34932 posts) -
God...umm... 1.Far cry 3 2. Natural Selection 2 3. Playstation All Stars
#110 Posted by Riadon2 (1609 posts) -

1.) Guild Wars 2

2.) Far Cry 3

3.) Max Payne 3

Honorable mention goes to Sleeping Dogs

#111 Posted by Snugenz (11891 posts) -

1. Guild Wars 2

2. Mass Effect 3

3. XCom: EU

#112 Posted by MrJack3690 (2227 posts) -

1. Torchlight II

2. Dishonored

3. Twisted Metal

#113 Posted by k2theswiss (16599 posts) -
1: sleeping doog 2: walking dead 3: dishonor
#114 Posted by Blabadon (26586 posts) -

[QUOTE="Blabadon"][QUOTE="BPoole96"]

BPoole96

I think it'd be easier to just say neither of them count. Both released in yars prior to this one, and it's not like this is North American GOTY

Thinking back on it, sure. I really don't think Xenoblade should count either, but I don't care about all the pissyfits that are here.
#115 Posted by the_bi99man (11047 posts) -

[QUOTE="ShadowsDemon"][QUOTE="Cheleman"]

1. Journey
  2. Max Payne 3

Cheleman

Diggin the new avy, Cheleman. Classy.

#116 Posted by TheEroica (13696 posts) -

1. Mass Effect 3

2. Assassins Creed 3

3. Borderlands 2

#117 Posted by Blabadon (26586 posts) -
Updates are now in order!
#118 Posted by JVII (568 posts) -

1. Mass Effect 3

2. Guild Wars 2

3. Dishonored

#119 Posted by BrunoBRS (73261 posts) -
wait a minute. games that are imports don't count. and games that used to be imports but got a stateside release also don't count. WTF blab? that's a really stupid and arbitrary way to kick stuff like xenoblade out of the voting poll. and it's kind of stupid how you can't vote for a single game unless you add two other games as filler. forcing someone to vote for something they don't want to vote only distorts the results. the 3 votes system exists to allow people that have multiple options to vote multiple times, not to punish people that only want to vote once.
#120 Posted by Blabadon (26586 posts) -
[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]wait a minute. games that are imports don't count. and games that used to be imports but got a stateside release also don't count. WTF blab? that's a really stupid and arbitrary way to kick stuff like xenoblade out of the voting poll. and it's kind of stupid how you can't vote for a single game unless you add two other games as filler. forcing someone to vote for something they don't want to vote only distorts the results. the 3 votes system exists to allow people that have multiple options to vote multiple times, not to punish people that only want to vote once.

Kind of hard to address everyone's concerns, but I'll state my view on these so you can tell me anything that needs fixing (sorry you'll have to post that again): Dark Souls PTD was already on systems last year so it doesn't count Imports don't count because they never have Games like Pokemon that released in Japan last year but came out elsewhere this year count for this year since they reached a majority of SW's audience this year. Xenoblade being EU only still meant that lots of people played it last year and may have voted for it then (though I didn't see it). Good idea with the three-game system being kicked out. I haven't played my second and third picks near as much as the first one, so I'll add that in there. Thanks.
#121 Posted by Cheleman (7707 posts) -

[QUOTE="Cheleman"]

[QUOTE="ShadowsDemon"] Downpour was the best Horror game this year.the_bi99man

Diggin the new avy, Cheleman. Classy.

thanks man:P

#122 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (8151 posts) -

1. Far Cry 3

2. Forza Horizon

3. Borderlands 2

#123 Posted by Blabadon (26586 posts) -

1. Far Cry 3

2. Forza Horizon

3. Borderlands 2

speedfreak48t5p
One game per post now.
#124 Posted by BrunoBRS (73261 posts) -
[QUOTE="Blabadon"][QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]wait a minute. games that are imports don't count. and games that used to be imports but got a stateside release also don't count. WTF blab? that's a really stupid and arbitrary way to kick stuff like xenoblade out of the voting poll. and it's kind of stupid how you can't vote for a single game unless you add two other games as filler. forcing someone to vote for something they don't want to vote only distorts the results. the 3 votes system exists to allow people that have multiple options to vote multiple times, not to punish people that only want to vote once.

Kind of hard to address everyone's concerns, but I'll state my view on these so you can tell me anything that needs fixing (sorry you'll have to post that again): Dark Souls PTD was already on systems last year so it doesn't count Imports don't count because they never have Games like Pokemon that released in Japan last year but came out elsewhere this year count for this year since they reached a majority of SW's audience this year. Xenoblade being EU only still meant that lots of people played it last year and may have voted for it then (though I didn't see it). Good idea with the three-game system being kicked out. I haven't played my second and third picks near as much as the first one, so I'll add that in there. Thanks.

i think xenoblade should count. going by your rules, it was ruled out last year for being an import, and it's being ruled out this year because it used to be an import. and make it up to 3 games per post, not just a single one. people that only played one game they find worthy of GOTY vote for that one game, which gets 50 points. it's using the 3-vote system, but not contributing to games you don't want to contribute. so people that have 3 candidates still vote 3 times, with the "diminishing returns" tiered system, whereas people with only one or two options don't have to add filler games to validate their vote. think of it as how you can skip certain match-ups on gamespot's GOTY awards, but still validate your vote where you want to.
#125 Posted by Blabadon (26586 posts) -
[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="Blabadon"][QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]wait a minute. games that are imports don't count. and games that used to be imports but got a stateside release also don't count. WTF blab? that's a really stupid and arbitrary way to kick stuff like xenoblade out of the voting poll. and it's kind of stupid how you can't vote for a single game unless you add two other games as filler. forcing someone to vote for something they don't want to vote only distorts the results. the 3 votes system exists to allow people that have multiple options to vote multiple times, not to punish people that only want to vote once.

i think xenoblade should count. going by your rules, it was ruled out last year for being an import, and it's being ruled out this year because it used to be an import. and make it up to 3 games per post, not just a single one. people that only played one game they find worthy of GOTY vote for that one game, which gets 50 points. it's using the 3-vote system, but not contributing to games you don't want to contribute. so people that have 3 candidates still vote 3 times, with the "diminishing returns" tiered system, whereas people with only one or two options don't have to add filler games to validate their vote. think of it as how you can skip certain match-ups on gamespot's GOTY awards, but still validate your vote where you want to.

I'm keeping the one-game post since honestly all we really want to know is everyone's GOTY and adding extra games is just adding seconds and thirds, which this really isn't about. Easier to make a collective GOTY then this way. Another thing about Xenoblade is that it was included in GameSpot's GOTY vote last year which goes against its case for this year. I'll think about it. Let me eat my lunch and then see. Also, how is the game? I'm treating myself with a certain game for my birthday in a couple of weeks and was thinking Halo CE Anniversary + The Darkness. Considering how it's not very available outside of GameStop and Amazon, what price is it worth it at and is it worth it over those two?
#126 Posted by BrunoBRS (73261 posts) -
[QUOTE="Blabadon"][QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="Blabadon"]Kind of hard to address everyone's concerns, but I'll state my view on these so you can tell me anything that needs fixing (sorry you'll have to post that again): Dark Souls PTD was already on systems last year so it doesn't count Imports don't count because they never have Games like Pokemon that released in Japan last year but came out elsewhere this year count for this year since they reached a majority of SW's audience this year. Xenoblade being EU only still meant that lots of people played it last year and may have voted for it then (though I didn't see it). Good idea with the three-game system being kicked out. I haven't played my second and third picks near as much as the first one, so I'll add that in there. Thanks.

I'm keeping the one-game post since honestly all we really want to know is everyone's GOTY and adding extra games is just adding seconds and thirds, which this really isn't about. Easier to make a collective GOTY then this way. Another thing about Xenoblade is that it was included in GameSpot's GOTY vote last year which goes against its case for this year. I'll think about it. Let me eat my lunch and then see. Also, how is the game? I'm treating myself with a certain game for my birthday in a couple of weeks and was thinking Halo CE Anniversary + The Darkness. Considering how it's not very available outside of GameStop and Amazon, what price is it worth it at and is it worth it over those two?

the game? as in, xenoblade? i've never played it, and don't have any plans to get it either. i'm just defending fair game for every candidate.
#127 Posted by anab0lic (273 posts) -

Guild Wars 2

#128 Posted by koospetoors (3245 posts) -
Asura's Wrath
#129 Posted by Postal_Guy (2643 posts) -

Torchlight 2

#130 Posted by Darth_Kane (2966 posts) -

Wait, you can't just change the rules after like a hundred votes, what about people who already voted 3 games? You think most people bothered to vote them in order? They just voted 3 games, not which of the 3 they prefered the most

#131 Posted by Wanderer5 (25721 posts) -

Guild Wars 2

#132 Posted by with_teeth26 (6187 posts) -

Black Mesa if it counts

Otherwise Max Payne 3

#133 Posted by Blabadon (26586 posts) -
[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"] the game? as in, xenoblade? i've never played it, and don't have any plans to get it either. i'm just defending fair game for every candidate.

Oh darn, I was hoping on seeing others' opinions on it. For right now it will not count towards the 2012 release slot.

Wait, you can't just change the rules after like a hundred votes, what about people who already voted 3 games? You think most people bothered to vote them in order? They just voted 3 games, not which of the 3 they prefered the most

Darth_Kane
The votes were in order, from highest to lowest. I'll tell those who voted to edit or if they don't want to count the highest game on their list.
#134 Posted by SKaREO (3161 posts) -
Still gonna have to go with Counter-Strike 1.6 on this one. Game of the year, for all years.
#135 Posted by WeepsForFools (540 posts) -
Halo 4
#136 Posted by drinkerofjuice (3209 posts) -
1. Spelunky 2. Max Payne 3 3. Dishonored
#137 Posted by Jonwh18 (9350 posts) -

Torchlight 2

#138 Posted by criminalscum87 (407 posts) -

Mass Effect 3

#139 Posted by Dante2710 (63140 posts) -
The Walking Dead for me.
#140 Posted by Maddie_Larkin (6561 posts) -

Sleeping Dogs

X-Com

Far Cry 3

There you go, my three bids ^^

#141 Posted by Farsendor1 (415 posts) -

guild wars 2

#142 Posted by santoron (7774 posts) -

1 Crusader Kings II

2 X Com

3 Sleeping Dogs

#143 Posted by mariokart64fan (19522 posts) -

1 007 legends

2 zombi u

3 mario party 9

#144 Posted by Blabadon (26586 posts) -
Bumped
#145 Posted by Renegade_Fury (17215 posts) -

1. Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed
2. Halo 4
3. Mass Effect 3

#146 Posted by Sali217 (1274 posts) -
1.) Tekken Tag Tournament 2 2.) Spec Ops: The Line 3.) Quantic Conundrum
#147 Posted by Goyoshi12 (9687 posts) -

BumpedBlabadon

Bumper cars.

#148 Posted by Blabadon (26586 posts) -

[QUOTE="Blabadon"]BumpedGoyoshi12

Bumper cars.

If only they added some type of damage systems to those, you would see me, a 26-year old grownass man, playing around with those 24/7 in parks.
#149 Posted by Thefatness16 (4672 posts) -
  1. Halo 4
  2. Dragon's Dogma
  3. Fez
#150 Posted by Goyoshi12 (9687 posts) -

[QUOTE="Goyoshi12"]

[QUOTE="Blabadon"]BumpedBlabadon

Bumper cars.

If only they added some type of damage systems to those, you would see me, a 26-year old grownass man, playing around with those 24/7 in parks.

I heard from a source they're crunchy.