System Wars: The Movie. Yay or Nay?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Netret0120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Netret0120
Member since 2013 • 3594 Posts

Gaming has grown greatly from the NES days and we have 3 companies competing to get our money.The Social Network was an interesting version of how Facebook was born and whether it is 100% true or not, I was definitely intrigued to watch it at the cinema because I use Facebook a lot.

That made me think of a movie depicting the System wars. South Park has already parodied( The Stick of truth episode) it and I would definitely want to watch a 'version' of how the system wars began etc. Would you guys go to the cinema to watch it or not?

My introduction of things would be to start around the NES days of Nintendo dominance and lead up to the N64 era where Sony and Nintendo had their breakup and the Playstation was formed.

Then show how Sony dominated Nintendo until the original xbox one entered the scene and have Sony be cocky and not take them too seriously. Then have a significant portion of the film be around Sony's E3 catastrophic failure and MS' and Nintendo's success and how X360 and Wii took a large amount of marketshare from Sony and show how Sony bounced back towards the end of the PS360wii gen with great exclusives etc.

Basically there will be periods of dominance for all companies and it should end at the start of this gen. I am sure there are many people who don't know the history behind the system wars and parents can become more informed on the consoles their children love.

What do you guys think of this?

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

BOOOOOOORRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNGGGGGG !

Sorry but thats seems very ridiculous. All the more reason why it should get made since ridiculous is all I see everywhere anyway.

The Social Network was about facebook ?

Didn't Even Notice !

Netret0120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Netret0120

@Lulu_Lulu:

Lol then what would you do if you could represent the console wars?

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Lulu_Lulu

Lol. I wouldn't ! Console Wars are bad !

Consoles are just the thing I need to play games on. If I could play Mario on a Piece of Wood or a Strippers butt crack then thats where I'd be. Never seen Consoles as something that should be acknowledged. Its just hardware.

Netret0120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Netret0120

@Lulu_Lulu: Technically can't we say that about any piece of hardware? Brand loyalty is very important amongst consoles i believe. I'm sure we have all heard the odd argument over 'Xbox is sooooo much better than Playstation' at a gathering amongst friends. I

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178808 Posts

@Netret0120 said:

@Lulu_Lulu: Technically can't we say that about any piece of hardware? Brand loyalty is very important amongst consoles i believe. I'm sure we have all heard the odd argument over 'Xbox is sooooo much better than Playstation' at a gathering amongst friends. I

Is it really? Or is a way to justify not being able to buy more than one console?

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Lulu_Lulu

Well yeah.... I guess you can.

Hardware Sucks ! And can't we have Quality Loyalty instead. brand loayalty leads to complacency. And being loyal to complacency is what leads to Annual COD.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#8 Jag85  Online
Member since 2005 • 19376 Posts

Sony and The Social Network producers are already making a movie about this topic:

Sony making a movie about the 90s Nintendo-Sega console war

Sony will be casting Sega as the underdogs and Nintendo as the villains.

Netret0120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Netret0120
@Jag85 said:

Sony and The Social Network producers are already making a movie about this topic:

That's great but isn't it weird that Sony are making a movie about something they weren't really involved in? What have Ninty said about it?

@LJS9502_basic: I agree with that but brand loyalty does happen and not everyone can afford all 3 consoles and games

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38026 Posts

@Netret0120 said:

@Lulu_Lulu:

first, Atari, colecovision, intellivision. It started before Nintendo got involved.

But forget that crap. I want a live roundtable held once per year in Vegas.

Netret0120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Netret0120

@cainetao11:

Those console manufacturers don't make them anymore so it would be irrelevant to most gamers today who started when Nintendo was king. I doubt the audience would care

Netret0120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Netret0120

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/xbox-one-vs-ps4-debate-gets-prime-time-coverage-on-the-big-bang-theory/1100-6418775/

Big Bang Theory even got in on the whole debate. This is a movie waiting to happen :-P

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

Only if it's got Scarlett Johanssen in skintight clothing in it. Every film featuring this is instantly better.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 cainetao11

@Netret0120 said:

@cainetao11:

Those console manufacturers don't make them anymore so it would be irrelevant to most gamers today who started when Nintendo was king. I doubt the audience would care

You say "the audience" as if the older gamers, like me, that remember those systems aren't allowed to buy a ticket to see this movie. If this was made, you should make the entire history, because that broadens your audience, and you stand to earn more at the box office. Well but that's "casualization" now a days aint it?

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Jag85  Online

@Netret0120 said:
@Jag85 said:

That's great but isn't it weird that Sony are making a movie about something they weren't really involved in? What have Ninty said about it?

@LJS9502_basic: I agree with that but brand loyalty does happen and not everyone can afford all 3 consoles and games

If Sony made a movie about the PlayStation, they'd be accused of bias and arrogance. So by making a movie about the Sega vs Nintendo war, Sony can have their cake and eat it too (i.e. get away with bashing Nintendo yet still come across like a neutral party).

Nintendo hasn't said anything about it yet... but I don't think they'd be too happy about Sony making them the bad guys.

@cainetao11 said:

@Netret0120 said:

@Lulu_Lulu:

first, Atari, colecovision, intellivision. It started before Nintendo got involved.

But forget that crap. I want a live roundtable held once per year in Vegas.

Actually, Nintendo was involved in that console war... as a third-party. Donkey Kong was pretty much the ColecoVision's killer app, helping Coleco outsell Atari for a little while... just before the crash.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 cainetao11

@Jag85:

I totally forgot about Donkey Kong on Colecovision!! Nice call. Which system had Burger Time again?

gamecubepad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -12

#17 gamecubepad
Member since 2003 • 7214 Posts

DaveKeeh already made that movie. :)

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18  Edited By trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

I always thought it'd be cool to do a console wars movie-style thing, but do it as a comedy instead. If it were to be "documentary" style it'd be too ridiculous. System Wars doesn't deserve such a portrayal. It does deserve to be made fun of though. Also, it should be focused on the user fan base, not really the manufacturers. Obviously we would need to reference what is actually happening with the companies, but this shouldn't be the focus, just the set up on what the fans are raging on about.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By cainetao11

@getyeryayasout said:

@cainetao11 said:

@Jag85:

I totally forgot about Donkey Kong on Colecovision!! Nice call. Which system had Burger Time again?

Intellivision had Burger Time.

Good times playing that with some friends in 1983.

Netret0120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Netret0120

@cainetao11: Casualization would happen at its finest. I'm not old enough to remember those days but i see your point.

@trugs26:

I agree with you that it should NOT be a documentary and should be more of a comedy because honestly these console wars have been hilarious at times, especially amongst the user fanbase. They should depict how ridiculously loyal some fanboys can be at times etc

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By cainetao11

@Netret0120 said:

@cainetao11: Casualization would happen at its finest. I'm not old enough to remember those days but i see your point.

@trugs26:

I agree with you that it should NOT be a documentary and should be more of a comedy because honestly these console wars have been hilarious at times, especially amongst the user fanbase. They should depict how ridiculously loyal some fanboys can be at times etc

So well said. Just the comparison of the old days where arguments were done face to face because there was no internet could be hilarious. That's what I was inferring by having a SW roundtable once a year, aired on Gamespot, X1, PS4 and..........Nintendo Direct? It would be fun to look some people in the eye and just get some laughs out of all this non sense

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#23 IMAHAPYHIPPO
Member since 2004 • 4195 Posts

@Netret0120 said:

@Lulu_Lulu:

Console wars are a big pissing contest. We don't need to these whiny voices on screen... Ever...

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#24 IMAHAPYHIPPO
Member since 2004 • 4195 Posts
@LJS9502_basic said:

@Netret0120 said:

Is it really? Or is a way to justify not being able to buy more than one console?

I'd hedge my bets on the fact that if any console loyalist was handed a free rival console they'd have a surprising amount of fun with it.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Jag85  Online

@cainetao11 said:

@Jag85:

BurgerTime was ported to the Intellivision and Atari 2600 in 1982, then for the ColecoVision in 1984, and then the NES in 1985.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 cainetao11

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

@Netret0120 said:

I'd hedge my bets on the fact that if any console loyalist was handed a free rival console they'd have a surprising amount of fun with it.

For the most part. I think there are some who are so blind, they would feel they are cheating on a lover, and I am not going to call one out

Netret0120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Netret0120

@cainetao11 said:

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

@Netret0120 said:

For the most part. I think there are some who are so blind, they would feel they are cheating on a lover, and I am not going to call one out

Cheating on a lover!!! LMFAO!!! hahahaha that made me lol so hard. Sadly I KNOW you are right about this.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 cainetao11

@Netret0120 said:

@cainetao11 said:

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

@Netret0120 said:

Cheating on a lover!!! LMFAO!!! hahahaha that made me lol so hard. Sadly I KNOW you are right about this.

My friend Dave admitted to such when he bought a 360 as well as his PS3, because he wanted to play Gears last gen. I reasoned with him, and with time he started to lose some of that BS attachment to a console brand. Go ahead, have a preference, but if THAT is what stops one from playing games on anything, you might be redneck.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

Netret0120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Netret0120

@cainetao11:

That's insane. I'm sure there are even more extreme examples of fanboyism right here on SW but no names mentioned:-P