System Wars Lounge v48: The College Season Starts Again!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#351 Edited by PrincessSnipey (18 posts) -

@datciaguy said:

tell me about sniper, why does he wear the mask?

because he dont want to show his face to anyone. even i never seen his face.

he wear blue mask, suit, tie and always has cigarette in mouth.

@freedomfreak can you free my husband?

#352 Posted by DatCIAGuy (8 posts) -
#353 Edited by illmatic87 (15221 posts) -

@Technoweirdo said:

@illmatic87 said:
Eww Skrillex wtb earplugs. Not that I'm big into Dubstep anyway, but Skrillex's synths are too sharp and grainy. I dislike the way he homogenize's a lead with a bass despite there having some room to work with to do something interesting, or the overtly compressed dynamic range that makes the music louder than it actually is - which is unnecessary, particularly when sidechain compression is so prevalent in electronic music. Dat A$AP Rocky track he did is hype doe. But do you even Rap Technoweirdo? I mean Rap is a pretty cool guy.
You will probably hate me for saying this (still need to get back at you for not liking Advance Wars: Dual Strike), but the soundtrack to the Y's game I've been playing at the moment has been pretty awful. Well, at least the implementation is, particularly in hostile zones. It's just constant leads at a high BPM that loop upon minutes as you move through a dungeon. And it just becomes so tiresome to listen to. It's the Call of Duty: Ghosts of soundtracks.
That kind of immediacy with the instrumentation would okay if it were a Guilty Gear game (which has similarities) because the fighting is present and lasts for a few rounds. Or any game with a combat state/screen that takes the battle music away from you. But just having it loop constantly? yuck.

Here's the deal: The name's Technoweirdo.

It ain't RapChap, I don't fucking like that.

When you say rap, I gotta puke ASAP.

And while I'm at it, illmatic, Ys music? I don't feel it.

Skrillex is a given. I'm in complete agreement.

But back to Ys and Falcom, it's indeed in the implementation.

Trails in the Sky? Better execution.

Bitch, you high.*

Now excuse me while I puke in disgust from what I just wrote.

Disclaimers:
The only Ys game I played was Origins and I didn't like what I played of it.
I'm cool with any rap that's better than that crap I just wrote. Frack.
*Eww, Dual Strike.

Needs more adlibs/10. But I regret making that last post. I think I lost some braincells reading your reply. But at least I no longer have to read the cancer that was your purple font anymore. rekt

But I've been playing Ys: Oath of Felghana. The game itself is pretty solid. Fighting trash mobs isnt really all that compelling as I wish it had an active dodge or block mechanic. Flying enemies are also annoying (like most flying enemies in games). But I'm really enjoying the boss fights and the vintage PSX-era look of the game.

Really looking forward to playing Trials of the Sky. I heard alot of people raged so hard at its cliffhanger.

#354 Posted by CrownKingArthur (4712 posts) -

sniper sniper sitting in a tree

b a n dodge i n g

#355 Posted by parkurtommo (26799 posts) -

Holy spiced guacamole with cotton candy flavored Doritos, Star Citizen looks and feels amazing!!! I haven't been this impressed since I first played Crysis! Mind=blown

I think I'm gonna have to back it (or whatever the term is/buy it) so I can play this when I finally get this damn gpu replaced. Still though, on just high settings, full of jaggies (no AA) and 30 fps this game is absolutely amaaaaazing.

#356 Edited by airshocker (29509 posts) -

Holy spiced guacamole with cotton candy flavored Doritos, Star Citizen looks and feels amazing!!! I haven't been this impressed since I first played Crysis! Mind=blown

I think I'm gonna have to back it (or whatever the term is/buy it) so I can play this when I finally get this damn gpu replaced. Still though, on just high settings, full of jaggies (no AA) and 30 fps this game is absolutely amaaaaazing.

A new convert to the cult of Chris Roberts. Welcome!

#357 Posted by illmatic87 (15221 posts) -

No. Star Citizen is a scam.

I kid. Can you launch the game through Steam and post screenshots :o Wanna see good ones that arent the typical PC gamer screenshot of taking an up-close screenshot to showcase the texture of a barrel or rock.

#358 Posted by parkurtommo (26799 posts) -

@parkurtommo said:

No. Star Citizen is a scam.

I kid. Can you launch the game through Steam and post screenshots :o Wanna see good ones that arent the typical PC gamer screenshot of taking an up-close screenshot to showcase the texture of a barrel or rock.

Can't you just try it out for yourself? :P It's free for this week with some code (posted here in SW 2 or 3 days ago). That's how I'm playing it.

I'll take some screens, but they won't look very good. Valkryie (wis3boi) is posting/posted some anyways.

#359 Edited by clyde46 (46046 posts) -

SC is just crying out for a new CPU upgrade for me.

#360 Posted by verbtex (8511 posts) -

@verbtex said:

Tell you what, parkurtommo, I want the next lounge to come around September 20th. I'll do what I can to reserve it for you. I used to be on a 3 week cycle, but times have changed.:(.

I take it this no longer applies? >_>

Version 49._______________ by Parkurtommo. Let's make this a thing.

#361 Posted by verbtex (8511 posts) -

Not today of course, but around the 20th.

#362 Posted by clone01 (24681 posts) -

He's like Deadpool, but instead of regenerative abilities and being a trained assassin, he instead has the sub-superpower of being an idiot on the internet.

#363 Posted by parkurtommo (26799 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

SC is just crying out for a new CPU upgrade for me.

Experiencing stutters? Yeah, me too, but there is no way in hell I can afford to get a new cpu and gpu in the same time window. :P

#364 Edited by parkurtommo (26799 posts) -

The steam overlay isn't working for me on SC, so I can't take any steam screenshots. I could use prntscreen but that's tedious.

#365 Posted by PrincessSnipey (18 posts) -

@clone01 said:

@datciaguy said:

He's like Deadpool, but instead of regenerative abilities and being a trained assassin, he instead has the sub-superpower of being an idiot on the internet.

why are you calling my husband idiot? :( he is not. he is cool and badass person. but he always respect me for liking anime and JRPGs.

#366 Edited by lostrib (36268 posts) -

@clone01 said:

@datciaguy said:

why are you calling my husband idiot? :( he is not. he is cool and badass person. but he always respect me for liking anime and JRPGs.

sounds like an idiot

#367 Posted by clyde46 (46046 posts) -

The steam overlay isn't working for me on SC, so I can't take any steam screenshots. I could use prntscreen but that's tedious.

MSI AB takes screenshots I think.

#368 Posted by lostrib (36268 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

@parkurtommo said:

as does fraps, or EVGA precision if you prefer that over AB

#369 Posted by clyde46 (46046 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@clyde46 said:

@parkurtommo said:

as does fraps, or EVGA precision if you prefer that over AB

FRAPS free only takes bitmaps.

#370 Posted by PrincessSnipey (18 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@princesssnipey said:

@clone01 said:

@datciaguy said:

sounds like an idiot

Nooo. dont make me cry. my husband is too hardcore. im a casual girl who play JRPGs and platformers. i was recently playing tales of xillia 2 and really enjoying it :). my husband always troll me and say why i play girly pink game all the time. if i play his stalker my mind would be blown. its so sophisticated and atmospheric game.

#371 Posted by lostrib (36268 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@princesssnipey said:

sounds like an idiot

Nooo. dont make me cry. my husband is too hardcore. im a casual girl who play JRPGs and platformers. i was recently playing tales of xillia 2 and really enjoying it :). my husband always troll me and say why i play girly pink game all the time. if i play his stalker my mind would be blown. its so sophisticated and atmospheric game.

Because of all the bugs in the game?

#372 Posted by clyde46 (46046 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@princesssnipey said:

@clone01 said:

@datciaguy said:

sounds like an idiot

GO away Sniper.

#373 Posted by parkurtommo (26799 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@princesssnipey said:

@clone01 said:

@datciaguy said:

sounds like an idiot

I would love to play snipers stalker

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

#374 Posted by super600 (30544 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

@princesssnipey said:

@lostrib said:

@princesssnipey said:

@clone01 said:

@datciaguy said:

sounds like an idiot

GO away Sniper.

That user is not sniper.

#375 Edited by lostrib (36268 posts) -

@super600 said:

@clyde46 said:

@princesssnipey said:

GO away Sniper.

That user is not sniper.

No it's someone trolling, possibly trying to prove a point

Super, if possible can you tell us how many of those alts that popped up actually were sniper?

#376 Posted by super600 (30544 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@super600 said:

@clyde46 said:

@princesssnipey said:

GO away Sniper.

That user is not sniper.

Super, if possible can you tell us how many of those alts that popped up actually were sniper?

If you are talking about what happened yesterday in the lounge the answer is really obvious if you look at the way all the alts that posted yesterday acted. Sniper has not appeared since the events that transpired in the lounge yesterday.

#377 Posted by lostrib (36268 posts) -

@super600 said:

@lostrib said:

If you are talking about what happened yesterday in the lounge the answer is really obvious if you look at the way all the alts that posted yesterday acted. Sniper has not appeared since the events that transpired in the lounge yesterday.

But how could we know, he is The Spy after all. He could be anyone! He could even be you! or Me!

#378 Posted by parkurtommo (26799 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@super600 said:

@lostrib said:

But how could we know, he is The Spy after all. He could be anyone! He could even be you! or Me!

He can meld the IP addresses in to one!

#379 Posted by super600 (30544 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@super600 said:

@lostrib said:

He can meld the IP addresses in to one!

Sniper must be really powerful.Lol.

#380 Posted by CrownKingArthur (4712 posts) -

they could be sniper's 'room mate' with the 'same outlook'.

haha, nah just kidding guys. i would never presume the inhabitants of sw were so many sandwiches short of a picnic that they'd buy such a poorly thought up excuse for ban/suspension dodging.

#381 Posted by clyde46 (46046 posts) -

they could be sniper's 'room mate' with the 'same outlook'.

haha, nah just kidding guys. i would never presume the inhabitants of sw were so many sandwiches short of a picnic that they'd buy such a poorly thought up excuse for ban/suspension dodging.

You'd be surprised.

#382 Posted by lolJRPGs001 (8 posts) -

So im checking rules. and i found out this. and im saying that how come @airshocker guy still having a free pass to post here when he harrass/mock/antagonize user who disagree with him and not only that but he justify it wrongly accusing person for being a supporter of some crime etc. in other words spread lies. who is mocking who? did i ever?? no.

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/offtopic-discussion-314159273/updated-10-09-13-rules-and-faq-28969293/#3. but i guess these rules are not apply anymore. I DID nothing wrong. and still keep banned.

But I need some tips I don't think I know how to be respectful?

Well we didn't think we'd have to define what it means to "Respect others" but apparently we do. So TO BE CLEAR:

- Refrain from mocking / antagonizing / harassing users.

- Stay on topic

- Avoid being disruptive (Posting in all capital letters, or large images)

#383 Posted by super600 (30544 posts) -

So im checking rules. and i found out this. and im saying that how come @airshocker guy still having a free pass to post here when he harrass/mock/antagonize user who disagree with him and not only that but he justify it wrongly accusing person for being a supporter of some crime etc. in other words spread lies. who is mocking who? did i ever?? no.

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/offtopic-discussion-314159273/updated-10-09-13-rules-and-faq-28969293/#3. but i guess these rules are not apply anymore. I DID nothing wrong. and still keep banned.

Well we didn't think we'd have to define what it means to "Respect others" but apparently we do. So TO BE CLEAR:

- Stay on topic

Hi sniper I think.

#384 Posted by CrownKingArthur (4712 posts) -

kingoflife9?

#385 Posted by MonsieurX (30038 posts) -

- Stay on topic

lol sniperchan

#386 Posted by lolJRPGs001 (8 posts) -

@super600 said:

@loljrpgs001 said:

- Stay on topic

Hi sniper I think.

i dont think why you are mod here. you were a troll in this site prior to mod. you are nintendo version of ispeakfact who spam pic with jelly. you on other hand spam bunny pics.

but tell me one thing. how come guy has right to call me evil not only that but accuse me of thing i dont support and am against.

#387 Posted by lostrib (36268 posts) -

i dont think why you are mod here. you were a troll in this site prior to mod. you are nintendo version of ispeakfact who spam pic with jelly. you on other hand spam bunny pics.

but tell me one thing. how come guy has right to call me evil not only that but accuse me of thing i dont support and am against.

Who is this?

#388 Posted by MonsieurX (30038 posts) -

@super600 said:

@loljrpgs001 said:

- Stay on topic

Hi sniper I think.

My inner bells tell me this account won't last long

#389 Posted by lostrib (36268 posts) -

@loljrpgs001 said:

Well, either way it's a new account that's about to hit its post limit for the day. So i'm sure we can expect a new one soon if the mods can't IP ban him

#390 Posted by CrownKingArthur (4712 posts) -

"jesus i was evil"

tragic fact - the musician behind this track one Mr Darcy Clay, he killed himself two weeks before doing an anti-suicide concert.

oy alt account guy. why don't you lay low for like, one week, then come back with an entirely new style of posting properly aligned with the TOU? i mean, if you want to be part of the community its not that hard.

#391 Posted by super600 (30544 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@MonsieurX said:

@loljrpgs001 said:

Well, either way it's a new account that's about to hit its post limit for the day. So i'm sure we can expect a new one soon if the mods can't IP ban him

I wouldn't worry about the accounts. They will be dealt with.Don't bother to respond to them if they appear.

#392 Posted by clyde46 (46046 posts) -

Ah Grid. How I missed thee.

#393 Posted by Blabadon (26167 posts) -

Finally beat Rogue Legacy.

#394 Posted by airshocker (29509 posts) -

Poor Sniper.

#395 Edited by mems_1224 (47022 posts) -

Beat Call of Pripyat today. It was pretty good once you get the hang of it. Might go back and play the first game now.

#396 Posted by TheGuardian03 (21706 posts) -

Beat Call of Pripyat today. It was pretty good once you get the hang of it. Might go back and play the first game now.

Do you have to play the stalker series with mods? have the games aged badly visually?

I ask this because i might get call of pripyat next week.

#397 Edited by mems_1224 (47022 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

Do you have to play the stalker series with mods? have the games aged badly visually?

I ask this because i might get call of pripyat next week.

I had the Complete mod. Didn't even try playing without it. It was really easy to set up though and it looked decent enough.

#398 Posted by TheGuardian03 (21706 posts) -

@mems_1224: that looks really good. thanks, now i'll get the game.

#399 Posted by clyde46 (46046 posts) -

I wonder what people would say if I hit a Eddie Stobart truck?

#400 Posted by clyde46 (46046 posts) -