System Wars Lounge v48: The College Season Starts Again!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by Blabadon (26549 posts) -

Ahh college, the one bastion of knowledge, friends, booze, and who knows what else (BOOZE) that both further your life as a mature being and cuts into your gaming time.

SO RULES

1) Don't be a dick

2) Be a dick

3 Eat shit, religion and politics

#2 Posted by charizard1605 (58078 posts) -

lolAmericanFootball

#3 Edited by R3FURBISHED (10588 posts) -

It's about friggen time!

#4 Posted by darkspineslayer (19749 posts) -

So because I'm sick as fuck, I missed my chance at a parking pass for college. That'll be a bitch in November.

#5 Edited by Zassimick (6615 posts) -

3 Eat shit

Check, please.

#6 Posted by charizard1605 (58078 posts) -

@darkspineslayer said:

So because I'm sick as fuck, I missed my chance at a parking pass for college. That'll be a bitch in November.

Are they actually limited?

#7 Posted by clyde46 (46554 posts) -

I'm going to the States next year. Art Institute of Dallas.

#8 Posted by R3FURBISHED (10588 posts) -

@Zassimick said:

3 Eat shit

Check, please.

Sun Devils baby!

#9 Posted by verbtex (8536 posts) -

You guys are quick.

#10 Posted by funsohng (28104 posts) -

Still a week left!

I actually can't wait to go back to school. Too much time doing nothing is not good for mental health. I'm delving into some..... dangerous thoughts.

#11 Posted by BldgIrsh (2683 posts) -

Rule 3 has me very confused. It's like the second amendment the one comma changes the whole meaning. But, to comply I guess I shall eat shit and talk about how great Korean Jesus is and the communist party.

#12 Edited by Gue1 (10187 posts) -

taking my last 3 classes to finish my BA on computer science, 1 per trimester to drag it out as much as I can. I lost all interest in computers and programming after my failed 3 month internship at M$, so this will be a pointless diploma with 2 certificates of A+ and Network+ I'll show when looking for a minimum wage job and die of hunger if I don't apply for food stamps. My life is about to become an incredible sad mess with people judging me for using their taxes to buy my food.

#13 Edited by parkurtommo (27210 posts) -

@funsohng said:

Still a week left!

I actually can't wait to go back to school. Too much time doing nothing is not good for mental health. I'm delving into some..... dangerous thoughts.

I feel the same. I have done very few productive things this summer, just some little jobs and a shit ton of painting. It's gotten to the point where I go to reddit and I inevitably get to the places where you see gifs of people dying n shit. I call them morbid mondays. That's how bored I am.

#14 Posted by finalstar2007 (25271 posts) -

So got my hands on The Order, Sunset Overdrive and Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare today :D

Call of Duty as always addictive as hell so thats a day one buy.

The Order was a lot responsive than i thought it would be i kept reading that its hard to aim way before E3 but man that game was very quick and fun, obviously day one purchase.

Sunset overdrive was very fun in the first 2 minutes then things started to get pretty repetitive way too quickly it was hard to believe its made by the Ratchet and Clank devs but it was fun none the less.

#15 Posted by clyde46 (46554 posts) -

@Gue1 said:

taking my last 3 classes to finish my BA on computer science, 1 per trimester to drag it out as much as I can. I lost all interest in computers and programming after my failed 3 month internship at M$, so this will be a pointless diploma with 2 certificates of A+ and Network+ I'll show when looking for a minimum wage job and die of hunger if I don't apply for food stamps. My life is about to become an incredible sad mess with people judging me for using their taxes to buy my food.

Time to get your CDL bro.

#16 Edited by commonfate (12454 posts) -

@Gue1 said:

taking my last 3 classes to finish my BA on computer science, 1 per trimester to drag it out as much as I can. I lost all interest in computers and programming after my failed 3 month internship at M$, so this will be a pointless diploma with 2 certificates of A+ and Network+ I'll show when looking for a minimum wage job and die of hunger if I don't apply for food stamps. My life is about to become an incredible sad mess with people judging me for using their taxes to buy my food.

That's all it took to take you this low? The real world will walk all over you with a defeatist attitude.

#17 Posted by funsohng (28104 posts) -

@parkurtommo said:

@funsohng said:

Still a week left!

I actually can't wait to go back to school. Too much time doing nothing is not good for mental health. I'm delving into some..... dangerous thoughts.

I feel the same. I have done very few productive things this summer, just some little jobs and a shit ton of painting. It's gotten to the point where I go to reddit and I inevitably get to the places where you see gifs of people dying n shit. I call them morbid mondays. That's how bored I am.

You think that's bad?

I came back to System Wars because I had nothing else to do.

#18 Posted by parkurtommo (27210 posts) -

@Gue1 said:

taking my last 3 classes to finish my BA on computer science, 1 per trimester to drag it out as much as I can. I lost all interest in computers and programming after my failed 3 month internship at M$, so this will be a pointless diploma with 2 certificates of A+ and Network+ I'll show when looking for a minimum wage job and die of hunger if I don't apply for food stamps. My life is about to become an incredible sad mess with people judging me for using their taxes to buy my food.

Wowa dude. Just find something you really want to do, and do everything within your power to make that your job. The road will probably be quite bumpy, but it's better than giving up bro.

I would suggest looking in to game development, but not everyone is interested in that even as gamers. That BA in computer science would probably be useful there, no?

#19 Posted by darkspineslayer (19749 posts) -

@charizard1605: Stupidly yes. If I really had to, I could probably still find campus parking, would just have to pay out the ass.

#20 Posted by parkurtommo (27210 posts) -

@funsohng said:

@parkurtommo said:

@funsohng said:

Still a week left!

I actually can't wait to go back to school. Too much time doing nothing is not good for mental health. I'm delving into some..... dangerous thoughts.

I feel the same. I have done very few productive things this summer, just some little jobs and a shit ton of painting. It's gotten to the point where I go to reddit and I inevitably get to the places where you see gifs of people dying n shit. I call them morbid mondays. That's how bored I am.

You think that's bad?

I came back to System Wars because I had nothing else to do.

Yes I did that too.

#21 Posted by clyde46 (46554 posts) -

@parkurtommo said:

@funsohng said:

Still a week left!

I actually can't wait to go back to school. Too much time doing nothing is not good for mental health. I'm delving into some..... dangerous thoughts.

I feel the same. I have done very few productive things this summer, just some little jobs and a shit ton of painting. It's gotten to the point where I go to reddit and I inevitably get to the places where you see gifs of people dying n shit. I call them morbid mondays. That's how bored I am.

Thats usual for me. I spend enough time on /b/.

#22 Posted by parkurtommo (27210 posts) -

@verbtex said:

Tell you what, parkurtommo, I want the next lounge to come around September 20th. I'll do what I can to reserve it for you. I used to be on a 3 week cycle, but times have changed.:(.

I take it this no longer applies? >_>

#23 Edited by clyde46 (46554 posts) -

Quick question. When I get to the states, can I drive a car?

#24 Posted by 93BlackHawk93 (5629 posts) -

Notifications stopped working again. -_-

#25 Posted by lostrib (37492 posts) -

@93BlackHawk93: surprise surprise

#26 Posted by 93BlackHawk93 (5629 posts) -

@lostrib: Oh, I did get one.

#27 Edited by Behardy24 (4525 posts) -

Cool!

#28 Posted by SolidTy (43673 posts) -

@behardy24 said:

Cool!

#29 Posted by darkspineslayer (19749 posts) -

@clyde46: Best to check online, DMV rules depend on the state your going to, at least according to a quick google search.

Most places give a grace period to drive on a foreign licence though.

#30 Posted by clyde46 (46554 posts) -

@darkspineslayer said:

@clyde46: Best to check online, DMV rules depend on the state your going to, at least according to a quick google search.

Most places give a grace period to drive on a foreign licence though.

I wonder if my truck entitlement will carry over as well.

#31 Edited by super600 (30714 posts) -

This summer was absolutely terrible for me besides a few bright spots. I rather not discuss it and I'm happy to go back to school and actually do well in both semester this time and not just one semester like last year.

#32 Posted by PhazonBlazer (11908 posts) -

Oh, so I don't even get a chance to say good-bye to my lounge?

I see how it is. My sig just has too much swag for you Weeboos.

#33 Edited by charizard1605 (58078 posts) -

@PhazonBlazer said:

Oh, so I don't even get a chance to say good-bye to my lounge?

I see how it is. My sig just has too much swag for you Weeboos.

The King ordered it. And as we all know...

#34 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (25513 posts) -

New 3DS I would say is more akin to PC upgrading.

No one's complaining about upgrading their PC to have better hardware, but everyone is going ballistic for a better spec'd 3DS.

#35 Edited by lostrib (37492 posts) -

@clyde46: Lol, I see I was nominated to host the lounge in the last thread. Guess I'll have to fight parkurtommo for the next one :P

#37 Posted by commonfate (12454 posts) -

fuck tea

#38 Posted by soulitane (13598 posts) -

@LegatoSkyheart said:

New 3DS I would say is more akin to PC upgrading.

No one's complaining about upgrading their PC to have better hardware, but everyone is going ballistic for a better spec'd 3DS.

I'd argue that upgrading a PC is different in that an older PC can generally still play newer games, just not as well as a new PC. I imagine if that was the case with the new 3DS less people would be mad. In the end though it just comes down to gamer's sense of entitlement.

#39 Posted by lostrib (37492 posts) -

@commonfate said:

fuck tea

them's fighting words!

#40 Posted by nintendoboy16 (26861 posts) -

Well, here's a factoid that NOBODY wanted to know. They made ANOTHER Tekken live-action movie.

#41 Posted by kitty (114791 posts) -

@commonfate said:

fuck tea

:(

#42 Posted by Ballroompirate (23016 posts) -

@LegatoSkyheart said:

New 3DS I would say is more akin to PC upgrading.

No one's complaining about upgrading their PC to have better hardware, but everyone is going ballistic for a better spec'd 3DS.

I die a little inside when I upgrade my PC cause it's always "this ram should last me awhile" then it doesn't, and my most recent "this card should last me awhile" then I see I should have went with the 4gb version.

#43 Posted by commonfate (12454 posts) -

Got pulled over by police with two black dudes in the car while driving through the ghetto

Officer didn't shoot me and even told me to have a good day.

Alaskan police > Missouri police

#44 Edited by kitty (114791 posts) -

@commonfate said:

Got pulled over by police with two black dudes in the car while driving through the ghetto

Officer didn't shoot me and even told me to have a good day.

Alaskan police > Missouri police

I don't want to talk about the police here. x.x By far the worst.

My mom got arrested for sitting in her car and waiting for me to come out the house. No lie. We had to pay a $500 bail to get her out.

The guy across the street got arrested for sitting in his house and watching tv. People that were walking down the street got arrested as well.

One guy's dog was barking, so they went to the window where it was and shot it and killed it, then dragged the guy out the window and arrested him.

There were several other crazy arrests. 30 people in total were arrested for no reason and had to spend the weekend in jail.

They then tried to cover it up and say that there was a riot.

#45 Edited by commonfate (12454 posts) -

@kitty said:

@commonfate said:

Got pulled over by police with two black dudes in the car while driving through the ghetto

Officer didn't shoot me and even told me to have a good day.

Alaskan police > Missouri police

I don't want to talk about the police here. x.x By far the worst.

My mom got arrested for sitting in her car and waiting for me to come out the house. No lie. We had to pay a $500 bail to get her out.

The guy across the street got arrested for sitting in his house and watching tv. People that were walking down the street got arrested as well.

One guy's dog was barking, so they went to the window where it was and shot it and killed it, then dragged the guy out the window and arrested him.

There were several other crazy arrests. 30 people in total were arrested for no reason and had to spend the weekend in jail.

They then tried to cover it up and say that there was a riot.

Where do you live? Detroit?

#46 Edited by Zassimick (6615 posts) -

@R3FURBISHED said:

Sun Devils baby!

No politics! Rule 3 Eat shit! C'mon man!

Had to Google as I didn't know who the Sun Devils were. I am not a smart man.

#47 Posted by parkurtommo (27210 posts) -

@kitty said:

@commonfate said:

Got pulled over by police with two black dudes in the car while driving through the ghetto

Officer didn't shoot me and even told me to have a good day.

Alaskan police > Missouri police

I don't want to talk about the police here. x.x By far the worst.

My mom got arrested for sitting in her car and waiting for me to come out the house. No lie. We had to pay a $500 bail to get her out.

The guy across the street got arrested for sitting in his house and watching tv. People that were walking down the street got arrested as well.

One guy's dog was barking, so they went to the window where it was and shot it and killed it, then dragged the guy out the window and arrested him.

There were several other crazy arrests. 30 people in total were arrested for no reason and had to spend the weekend in jail.

They then tried to cover it up and say that there was a riot.

Police in the US are really despicable. I don't care if there are good cops or bad cops, they need to get their shit together, until then, I will consider every single one of them as stupid assholes. >.>

#48 Posted by TheGuardian03 (21765 posts) -

Wow i fucking knew who the killer is in persona 4 golden by mistake while just googling how many endings are there in the game.

I was shocked and upset to know this. I just wanted to see how to get the true ending on my first try without spoilers I stopped reading the moment i saw the picture so its not completely ruined. But still damn i was shocked to know who.

Its my fault for being an idiot. It makes sense now.

Im still at the strip club level trying to save you know who and making progress.

I still love the story and characters alot but this ruins half the fun of trying to figure out who it is. They did aPretty good job on hiding it too.

I look forward to see how its revealed and how they figure it out. Really amazing game btw. I doubt persona 3 fes can top this.

#49 Posted by nintendoboy16 (26861 posts) -

Well, with my birthday money from over a month ago, I made my first order off eBay. I hope it goes well.

#50 Posted by parkurtommo (27210 posts) -

@nintendoboy16 said:

Well, with my birthday money from over a month ago, I made my first order off eBay. I hope it goes well.

I would never, ever use E Bay, even if the price were ridiculously low. I can't trust people like that, not through the internet.