System Wars Lounge V47: The 60FPS 1080P Edition

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#251 Edited by Ballroompirate (23031 posts) -

@charizard1605: I feel bad for Teddie then

#252 Posted by inb4uall (5806 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

I have no idea what you guys are on about.

Weeboo trash. Lets talk about SSDs. So in the future when I get one How do you install windows to the new one if you already have it on a HDD in the computer?

#253 Posted by clyde46 (46601 posts) -

@inb4uall said:

@clyde46 said:

I have no idea what you guys are on about.

Weeboo trash. Lets talk about SSDs. So in the future when I get one How do you install windows to the new one if you already have it on a HDD in the computer?

Format and start fresh, also follow this guide.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1156654/seans-windows-7-install-optimization-guide-for-ssds-hdds/0_100

#254 Posted by charizard1605 (58197 posts) -

@Ballroompirate: Nah, I'd say they are about equally annoying.

@clyde46: About that... it's not R34.

#255 Posted by inb4uall (5806 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

@inb4uall said:

@clyde46 said:

I have no idea what you guys are on about.

Weeboo trash. Lets talk about SSDs. So in the future when I get one How do you install windows to the new one if you already have it on a HDD in the computer?

Format and start fresh, also follow this guide.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1156654/seans-windows-7-install-optimization-guide-for-ssds-hdds/0_100

ewwww.....

#256 Posted by clyde46 (46601 posts) -

@inb4uall said:

@clyde46 said:

@inb4uall said:

@clyde46 said:

I have no idea what you guys are on about.

Weeboo trash. Lets talk about SSDs. So in the future when I get one How do you install windows to the new one if you already have it on a HDD in the computer?

Format and start fresh, also follow this guide.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1156654/seans-windows-7-install-optimization-guide-for-ssds-hdds/0_100

ewwww.....

You asked....

#257 Posted by TheGuardian03 (21782 posts) -

Kuroko no baskue is pretty good. i haven't been this excited about a sports anime since Slam Dunk and Tsubasa.

#258 Posted by CrownKingArthur (4895 posts) -

@inb4uall: if you had the SATA mode set to RAID before installing windows, and your plan was to do the intel srt thing, then one wouldn't have to format.

but otherwise yeah you're basically looking at a fresh install.

#259 Edited by inb4uall (5806 posts) -

@CrownKingArthur said:

@inb4uall: if you had the SATA mode set to RAID before installing windows, and your plan was to do the intel srt thing, then one wouldn't have to format.

but otherwise yeah you're basically looking at a fresh install.

I did do that like you said! :D But I don't understand how it prevents me from having to format... I just kinda did it because you said too. lol

#260 Edited by Ballroompirate (23031 posts) -

@charizard1605: I actually liked Teddie though

#261 Posted by CrownKingArthur (4895 posts) -
@inb4uall said:

@CrownKingArthur said:

@inb4uall: if you had the SATA mode set to RAID before installing windows, and your plan was to do the intel srt thing, then one wouldn't have to format.

but otherwise yeah you're basically looking at a fresh install.

I did do that like you said! :D But I don't understand how it prevents me from having to format... I just kinda did it because you said too. lol

well, it would only prevent you having to format, if you used an SSD in an intel SRT type application. eg: intel software micromanages it

basically, you'd put that SSD in, boot into the existing windows installation on your existing hard disc, and then use the intel management software to 'accelerate' the primary hard disk (the one containing windows).

the primary hard disk is still the primary hard disk, it just has access to an ultra-large cache in the form of an SSD.

here's a video on what to expect from a lovable nerd, Linus. Perhaps his explanation with blonde hair is better than anything I can do with a text based medium.

#262 Edited by GamingPaypah (16 posts) -

I hope you losers are havin fun out here, there's a huge party going on in the first page, and none yall are invite AHAHA

I'm gonna pop sum tags, I only got 20 dallas in mah pocket!

WOOOOOO!

#263 Edited by inb4uall (5806 posts) -

@CrownKingArthur said:
@inb4uall said:

@CrownKingArthur said:

@inb4uall: if you had the SATA mode set to RAID before installing windows, and your plan was to do the intel srt thing, then one wouldn't have to format.

but otherwise yeah you're basically looking at a fresh install.

I did do that like you said! :D But I don't understand how it prevents me from having to format... I just kinda did it because you said too. lol

well, it would only prevent you having to format, if you used an SSD in an intel SRT type application. eg: intel software micromanages it

basically, you'd put that SSD in, boot into the existing windows installation on your existing hard disc, and then use the intel management software to 'accelerate' the primary hard disk (the one containing windows).

the primary hard disk is still the primary hard disk, it just has access to an ultra-large cache in the form of an SSD.

here's a video on what to expect from a lovable nerd, Linus. Perhaps his explanation with blonde hair is better than anything I can do with a text based medium.

Linus is actually who I learned everything else from.

EDIT: and Lostrib. :P

#264 Posted by CrownKingArthur (4895 posts) -

nice one

#265 Posted by MonsieurX (30442 posts) -
@kitty said:

@MonsieurX said:

@kitty said:

@clyde46 said:

Thats not how PSU's work.... Also you have to look at how much wattage is supplied on each line. I suggest you invest in a new PSU as soon as you can.

This is new, it's not even three weeks old

www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817182133

So what does this mean "Efficiency up to 87%" then?

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/343495-28-power-supply-efficiency-myths

thanks. I'm still left with a question though, would 850 be enough then?

You should be fine with 850.

http://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages/gtx-780-ti-sli-geforce-review,4.html

It'd still be possible to run it with your current 750w

#266 Posted by TheGuardian03 (21782 posts) -

If nintendo could port REmake to Wii u in 1080p, my dream would come true. lost my gamecube version and have no idea where it is now.

this game stands the test of time in terms of visuals, it really looks great even today. it's also pretty difficult when facing crimson heads and the game itself in general, especially Chris story mode. the best comparison i could compare in terms of difficulty is souls games. it kicks your ass and you're gonna have to learn to get better.

#267 Edited by inb4uall (5806 posts) -

So I'm usually super irritated when people on forums tell me to support people but due to the recent M$ cuts theres a really cool guy who could use your support.

He does cool crazy things with computers. Not asking you to sub just check him out and give him a chance.

#268 Posted by commonfate (12463 posts) -

Found an old flash drive from way back whenever with quite a few emulators and roms setup. Had a complete collection of every SNES, GBA and Nintendo 64 game you could possibly want to play. All notable adventure, RPG, platformers, etc were still on there and even had some of my old save files. Think I'm gonna give it to my niece since my sister-in-law refuses to allow her a game system and see if the finds something she likes.

#269 Posted by kitty (114799 posts) -

@inb4uall said:

So I'm usually super irritated when people on forums tell me to support people but due to the recent M$ cuts theres a really cool guy who could use your support.

He does cool crazy things with computers. Not asking you to sub just check him out and give him a chance.

I'll check into the vids.
If you are interested in computer stuff, aside from checking Linus. There's Tek Syndicate and Tech of Tomorrow.

#270 Posted by inb4uall (5806 posts) -

@kitty said:

@inb4uall said:

So I'm usually super irritated when people on forums tell me to support people but due to the recent M$ cuts theres a really cool guy who could use your support.

He does cool crazy things with computers. Not asking you to sub just check him out and give him a chance.

I'll check into the vids.

If you are interested in computer stuff, aside from checking Linus. There's Tek Syndicate and Tech of Tomorrow.

I don't like tek syndicate. Something about his personality. Linus has this way of presenting himself and his ideas that feels genuine and I really like that.

#271 Posted by nintendoboy16 (26890 posts) -

Just... one... more day...

#272 Edited by LegatoSkyheart (25581 posts) -

I'm going to do it.

I don't know how, but I know I will....I'm going to beat The Last Story.

And the last boss is hard. Time to grind...if I can.

#273 Posted by parkurtommo (27230 posts) -

Metro Last Light is 100x better in ranger mode.

When the entire UI including crosshair is gone, it feels so real. It feels like you're actually in the Metro lol.

#274 Posted by SYSTEM-REBOOT (646 posts) -

Is it just me or Lo wang is one of the best protagonist ever?

he is the reason why i cant stop playing shadow warrior. i mean the intro was so amazing when lo wang about to buy sword.. fantastic dialouges.

#275 Posted by MonsieurX (30442 posts) -

@system-reboot said:

Is it just me or Lo wang is one of the best protagonist ever?

he is the reason why i cant stop playing shadow warrior. i mean the intro was so amazing when lo wang about to buy sword.. fantastic dialouges.

It's you SNIPER-chan

#276 Edited by Blabadon (26604 posts) -

Goddamn, Pushmo was on such a roll and then the stupidly easy Mural levels came. Completely devoid of challenge.

#277 Posted by commonfate (12463 posts) -

@parkurtommo said:

Metro Last Light is 100x better in ranger mode.

When the entire UI including crosshair is gone, it feels so real. It feels like you're actually in the Metro lol.

I always turn off crosshairs in games. The only shooter that stands out in mind that I had to turn it back on for was F.E.A.R.

I got a new small form factor build coming in soon so I'll finally enjoy Metro Last Light and whatever other eyecandy in all its splendour.

#278 Posted by SYSTEM-REBOOT (646 posts) -

@commonfate said:

@parkurtommo said:

Metro Last Light is 100x better in ranger mode.

When the entire UI including crosshair is gone, it feels so real. It feels like you're actually in the Metro lol.

I always turn off crosshairs in games. The only shooter that stands out in mind that I had to turn it back on for was F.E.A.R.

I got a new small form factor build coming in soon so I'll finally enjoy Metro Last Light and whatever other eyecandy in all its splendour.

crosshairs are not much of problems. Iron sights are.

#279 Edited by TheGuardian03 (21782 posts) -

sucks that you have to pay to play online on psn. i really dislike this practice. very upset that sony forced this.

Nintendo is the only one that hasn't forced the pay to play. then again other than SSB and MK8 there are no games i wanna play online on the Wii U.

I also finished the first season of kuroko no baskue and it was great.

the GOM are overpowered but it's understandable since they are miracles and are called monsters. gonna rewatch.

#280 Posted by kitty (114799 posts) -

So my toys came in the mail today, hope it was worth spending almost $50 for these.

http://i.imgur.com/ikcR3WA.jpg?1

#282 Posted by darkspineslayer (19779 posts) -

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/all-the-system-war-users-that-are-cunts-31451141/

11/10 thread of the year.

#283 Posted by jg4xchamp (48359 posts) -

@parkurtommo said:

Metro Last Light is 100x better in ranger mode.

When the entire UI including crosshair is gone, it feels so real. It feels like you're actually in the Metro lol.

Such bullshit that they made it dlc.

#284 Edited by SYSTEM-REBOOT (646 posts) -

@jg4xchamp said:

@parkurtommo said:

Metro Last Light is 100x better in ranger mode.

When the entire UI including crosshair is gone, it feels so real. It feels like you're actually in the Metro lol.

Such bullshit that they made it dlc.

I agree. ranger mode was broken. i prefer playing hardcore mode but its also too easy. metro 2033 was probably better game (even its flawed) and i think redux edition will fix the problem of 2033.

eitherway i think shadow warrior is better game than metro ll. both were best FPS of last year

#285 Posted by commonfate (12463 posts) -

@kitty said:

So my toys came in the mail today, hope it was worth spending almost $50 for these.

http://i.imgur.com/ikcR3WA.jpg?1

Got any pics of your stuff? I'm curious to see if you got a color scheme going on

#286 Posted by jg4xchamp (48359 posts) -

@system-reboot said:

@jg4xchamp said:

@parkurtommo said:

Metro Last Light is 100x better in ranger mode.

When the entire UI including crosshair is gone, it feels so real. It feels like you're actually in the Metro lol.

Such bullshit that they made it dlc.

I agree. ranger mode was broken. i prefer playing hardcore mode but its also too easy. metro 2033 was probably better game (even its flawed) and i think redux edition will fix the problem of 2033.

eitherway i think shadow warrior is better game than metro ll. both were best FPS of last year

Broken? suck less.

Ranger mode is fucking terrific, and makes those games way more satisfying to play. 2033 on hard is just a bore, and Last Light is a good corridor shooter with an eastern European atmosphere. Beyond that it's nothing special without Ranger mode. It's a baby's first eastern european FPS in comparison to the rich gameplay of STALKER or the killer atmosphere of Cryostasis (you know, when it works).

#287 Posted by GoldenElementXL (3295 posts) -

@Blabadon said:

Has anyone (@GoldenElementXL?) tried out the PS3 and 4 version of Destiny side by side yet?

Yeah I spent some time with both. I didnt run them side by side yet though. The biggest difference to me is the lighting effects and the sky. This weekend I will take screenshots of all 3 versions and post them in System Wars. I am looking forward to see who can tell the difference.

#288 Posted by SYSTEM-REBOOT (646 posts) -
@jg4xchamp said:

. It's a baby's first eastern european FPS in comparison to the rich gameplay of STALKER or the killer atmosphere of Cryostasis (you know, when it works).

of course its Poor Mans Stalker. but still better than most of terrible FPS games that were release last gen.

anyway now i think Doom 4 >>>> anything else coming out

#289 Posted by parkurtommo (27230 posts) -

@jg4xchamp said:

@parkurtommo said:

Metro Last Light is 100x better in ranger mode.

When the entire UI including crosshair is gone, it feels so real. It feels like you're actually in the Metro lol.

Such bullshit that they made it dlc.

Yeah, but on PC they didn't! xD

#290 Posted by parkurtommo (27230 posts) -

@jg4xchamp said:

@system-reboot said:

@jg4xchamp said:

@parkurtommo said:

Metro Last Light is 100x better in ranger mode.

When the entire UI including crosshair is gone, it feels so real. It feels like you're actually in the Metro lol.

Such bullshit that they made it dlc.

I agree. ranger mode was broken. i prefer playing hardcore mode but its also too easy. metro 2033 was probably better game (even its flawed) and i think redux edition will fix the problem of 2033.

eitherway i think shadow warrior is better game than metro ll. both were best FPS of last year

Broken? suck less.

Ranger mode is fucking terrific, and makes those games way more satisfying to play. 2033 on hard is just a bore, and Last Light is a good corridor shooter with an eastern European atmosphere. Beyond that it's nothing special without Ranger mode. It's a baby's first eastern european FPS in comparison to the rich gameplay of STALKER or the killer atmosphere of Cryostasis (you know, when it works).

Nothing special? C'mon man it's easily one of the best games of last year, with or without ranger mode.

I like STALKER too, but Metro LL is very different from both the original Metro 2033 and STALKER. The focus on linearity would be a negative aspect, but it allowed for an absolutely mind blowing aesthetic and atmosphere that could never be achieved by such a low paid, small-ish development team.

I have never played a linear game like Metro LL where I can actually suspend my disbelief completely, just because it's so immersive.

#291 Edited by kitty (114799 posts) -

@commonfate said:

@kitty said:

So my toys came in the mail today, hope it was worth spending almost $50 for these.

http://i.imgur.com/ikcR3WA.jpg?1

Got any pics of your stuff? I'm curious to see if you got a color scheme going on

This is the only one I have atm.

http://i60.tinypic.com/2qtcmx5.jpg

The fans are installed and wow. They look nice. only thing left theme wise is to either paint the interior of my case (which it was supposed to be black) or get a new case. I could maybe get some sleeves for my psu cables, dunno yet.

I did see this though http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811146149

#292 Edited by jg4xchamp (48359 posts) -

@parkurtommo said:

@jg4xchamp said:

Broken? suck less.

Ranger mode is fucking terrific, and makes those games way more satisfying to play. 2033 on hard is just a bore, and Last Light is a good corridor shooter with an eastern European atmosphere. Beyond that it's nothing special without Ranger mode. It's a baby's first eastern european FPS in comparison to the rich gameplay of STALKER or the killer atmosphere of Cryostasis (you know, when it works).

Nothing special? C'mon man it's easily one of the best games of last year, with or without ranger mode.

I like STALKER too, but Metro LL is very different from both the original Metro 2033 and STALKER. The focus on linearity would be a negative aspect, but it allowed for an absolutely mind blowing aesthetic and atmosphere that could never be achieved by such a low paid, small-ish development team.

I have never played a linear game like Metro LL where I can actually suspend my disbelief completely, just because it's so immersive.

Without it? it absolutely is nothing special. From a mechanic level the stealth is straight retarded: the enemy AI is mostly a joke, I've seen them get alerted from a dead body, and then dance around the environment looking for me while I'm standing right in front of them. The stealth by itself is plenty immersion breaking. Even in combat they barely do much, and without the fragility of ranger mode, or the accuracy drawbacks of 2033, the shooting segments are straight forward corridor shooting. It's a good corridor shooter, don't get me wrong there.

Beyond that you have a game environment that is a glorified sight seeing tour at times. Specifically when it brings you into hub like underground cities. It's too restrictive in its environment to actually be worth exploring. From a plot point its just straight stupid, and the english dub has shitty russian accents. They are from the Ukraine? how the fuck does that even happen?

On the flip side I adore the Russian dub itself, and specifically the tone/writing of the game (sans the plot and the moment to moment dialogue itself) does a great job painting that world as something fundamentally foreign. Between the dry communist humor and its beliefs it's easy to tell a western studio didn't make that game. You know minus the obvious take on Nazi's.

I'm not dissing the game, it's got a lot of good things going for it. But personally it was a good corridor shooter with some atmosphere. Otherwise it was far from great. Without ranger mode, with ranger mode it's a different beast. Those surface level stuff I love so much become even more intense with it. It's delightful.

#293 Posted by jg4xchamp (48359 posts) -

@parkurtommo said:

@jg4xchamp said:

Such bullshit that they made it dlc.

Yeah, but on PC they didn't! xD

Also yes it is. On PC if you didn't preorder or buy brand spanking new, it's DLC.

In my case I got the game with my graphics card: no ranger mode for me.

#294 Posted by mems_1224 (47259 posts) -

I didn't care for Last Light. Especially the last third of the game. Holy crap that story gets bad. It was nearly as interesting as the first game.

#295 Edited by Cheleman (7707 posts) -

@darkspineslayer:

thread is kill, think before you post dumbass.

#296 Posted by darkspineslayer (19779 posts) -

@Cheleman said:

@darkspineslayer:

thread is kill, think before you post dumbass.

Your mother.

#297 Posted by parkurtommo (27230 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

I didn't care for Last Light. Especially the last third of the game. Holy crap that story gets bad. It was nearly as interesting as the first game.

It drops off at that point, agreed. But easy to forget if you focus on the first half.

@jg4xchamp Well I thought the stealth aspect was cool, because of how you have to stay in the shadows and move slowly. You could easily say the AI is stupid in many stealth games, like in the Batman Arkham series (why do they never, ever look up? lol

I understand all of your opinions and yet for me, it's easily one of my favorite games ever sans ranger mode and definitely my favorite FPS. Better than Bioshock Infinite, Half Life 2, Call of Duty, Crysis, etc.

But that's purely my opinion. I'm enamored by it's graphics, art direction, sound design, pacing, and I ignore all of it's flaws like it's hand holding gameplay in many parts and poor english voice acting (still don't want to use subtitles since that would take away the purety of playing a UI free game with ranger mode). It's flawed and yet everything else is so outstanding to me that it seems perfect.

#298 Edited by Cheleman (7707 posts) -

@darkspineslayer:

What the fuck did you just fucking say to me, you little bitch? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I've been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I'm the top sniper in the entire US armed forces.

And you can look for the rest of the pasta yourself, bitch. A re*arded mod might take my ass supah600 series xD

#299 Posted by darkspineslayer (19779 posts) -

@Cheleman said:

@darkspineslayer:

What the fuck did you just fucking say to me, you little bitch? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I've been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I'm the top sniper in the entire US armed forces.

And you can look for the rest of the pasta yourself, bitch. A re*arded mod might take my ass supah600 series xD

something something, ascension ruined god of war, something

#300 Posted by Cheleman (7707 posts) -

@darkspineslayer:

your treading on some... mighty thin ice here...