System Wars Lounge V47: The 60FPS 1080P Edition

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#2351 Posted by harry_james_pot (10905 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@charizard1605 said:

I'm kind of getting really bored of gaming, and of this place.

Like, as far as gaming goes, I know I want to play something, but then when I actually think about playing any of the multitude of games in my backlog, spread out over more than five systems, I lose interest.

As for posting here... I don't know, it's sort of like... okay, what now? I mean, I like System Wars a lot, I've been posting here constantly for eight years now, but I'm at the point where I ask myself- what next? What's the point, really?

I've been getting the same feeling lately as well

Well there's been nothing really interesting lately.. And it's always easier to play a new game than one from the backlog.

#2352 Posted by parkurtommo (27211 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

I'm kind of getting really bored of gaming, and of this place.

Like, as far as gaming goes, I know I want to play something, but then when I actually think about playing any of the multitude of games in my backlog, spread out over more than five systems, I lose interest.

As for posting here... I don't know, it's sort of like... okay, what now? I mean, I like System Wars a lot, I've been posting here constantly for eight years now, but I'm at the point where I ask myself- what next? What's the point, really?

I blame the new interface and ToU. I have absolutely nothing against smart changes, but the changes that GS has done to their website were not smart at all... Mistakes were made. Most good users have left, and the ones who remain are kind of just posting out of habit like you and me.

The industry and Gamespot simultaneously going downhill.

#2353 Posted by lostrib (37568 posts) -

@harry_james_pot said:

@lostrib said:

@charizard1605 said:

I'm kind of getting really bored of gaming, and of this place.

Like, as far as gaming goes, I know I want to play something, but then when I actually think about playing any of the multitude of games in my backlog, spread out over more than five systems, I lose interest.

As for posting here... I don't know, it's sort of like... okay, what now? I mean, I like System Wars a lot, I've been posting here constantly for eight years now, but I'm at the point where I ask myself- what next? What's the point, really?

I've been getting the same feeling lately as well

Well there's been nothing really interesting lately.. And it's always easier to play a new game than one from the backlog.

True, although I think it has a lot to do with stress for me

#2354 Posted by Ballroompirate (23025 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

I'm kind of getting really bored of gaming, and of this place.

Like, as far as gaming goes, I know I want to play something, but then when I actually think about playing any of the multitude of games in my backlog, spread out over more than five systems, I lose interest.

As for posting here... I don't know, it's sort of like... okay, what now? I mean, I like System Wars a lot, I've been posting here constantly for eight years now, but I'm at the point where I ask myself- what next? What's the point, really?

Wouldn't say I'm bored of gaming cause I mostly game on PC and PS4 and I always have something fresh to play. But I agree this place is just a shadow of it's former self.

#2355 Posted by PhazonBlazer (11910 posts) -

Is there even a Smash Bros hype thread?

#2356 Posted by harry_james_pot (10905 posts) -

Looks like notifications are back.

#2357 Posted by illmatic87 (15283 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

@jg4xchamp said:

Aesthetically I'm fine with Kool Kid goes to high school thing Persona 4 had going on.

Yeah. Especially since this is Persona, it's not Shin Megami Tensei, it's never been Shin Megami Tensei, and now, more than ever, it's its own thing. Let it be Persona, and those who want the SMT atmosphere back can go play... fuck, there's like fifteen different branches of MegaTen to play, and they are all awesome.

(I can say this safely because that is exactly what I do, when I want something darker, more philosophically pondering, I switch to SMT, when I want something more light hearted, Persona it is).

Persona was a SMT spinoff, just like Devil Summoner and Digital Devil Saga that all came around the release of Nocturne/Lucifer's Call. Likewise to DDS and Devil Summoner, Persona 3's boxart had Shin Megami Tensei and the pentagram-ish SMT icon on the box. That stopped once Persona's success made it the flagship title.

I like that 3 was nicely polarized. I'm fine with the quirky high school sim elements. it gives the game just that lighter tone: adding pacing, variety and juxtaposition to the darker and daunting other half that was common with SMT games; spinoffs included.

P4 just broke that nice polarity or 'middle ground'. Those silly themed dungeons, the over exaggerated Yosuke and Chie, Teddy being all up in your face (I still love Teddy) and the TV world having this constant yellow tint.

#2358 Posted by illmatic87 (15283 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

I'm kind of getting really bored of gaming, and of this place.

Like, as far as gaming goes, I know I want to play something, but then when I actually think about playing any of the multitude of games in my backlog, spread out over more than five systems, I lose interest.

As for posting here... I don't know, it's sort of like... okay, what now? I mean, I like System Wars a lot, I've been posting here constantly for eight years now, but I'm at the point where I ask myself- what next? What's the point, really?

I only stopped losing interest in handheld games completely. Consoles too, the last time I turned on my console was when I played Ground Zeroes. I just forget that I even own one. I still play games on my PC alot since well, I can always alt-tab to do other stuff. In general, I am mostly losing interest in AAA games and I am actually kinda greatful for that. It's the focused and short Indie games that I am enjoying. They just suit my lifestyle better these days.

As for this place, I like that people arent as blinded by nostalgia and even the idotic user here is one that is looking forward to the future and is passionate in different ways. I dislike the whole "Back in the old days" discussions that plague other forums.

#2359 Posted by charizard1605 (58094 posts) -

@Ballroompirate: @lostrib: @parkurtommo: I don't know, I don't know if it's necessarily the games' fault (although there is a far lesser number of them that excites me than there has ever been before. Like, ever). It's just... everything associated with games in general is kind of putting me off lately.

@illmatic87 said:

Persona was a SMT spinoff, just like Devil Summoner and Digital Devil Saga that all came around the release of Nocturne/Lucifer's Call. Likewise to DDS and Devil Summoner, Persona 3's boxart had Shin Megami Tensei and the pentagram-ish SMT icon on the box. That stopped once Persona's success made it the flagship title.

I like that 3 was nicely polarized. I'm fine with the quirky high school sim elements. it gives the game just that lighter tone: adding pacing, variety and juxtaposition to the darker and daunting other half that was common with SMT games; spinoffs included.

P4 just broke that nice polarity or 'middle ground'. Those silly themed dungeons, the over exaggerated Yosuke and Chie, Teddy being all up in your face (I still love Teddy) and the TV world having this constant yellow tint.

It actually wasn't, ever. In Japan, Persona was its own series sold under the Megami Ibunroku banner (which roughly translates to Revelations- the original banner Persona was sold under in the west). Persona was never actually a part of the Shin Megami Tensei subseries, but Atlus USA decided to use the SMT branding for the game when they were launching Persona 3 in the US because Nocturne had been an unexpected hit for them, and they wanted to capitalize on that success.

With that out of the way, I return to my original argument- I like that Persona doesn't keep SMT's dark tone, because it's Persona, not SMT. Now, Persona itself has been pretty damn messed up (especially 2 and 3), but an equal number of times, it's just been pretty happy go lucky and light hearted. Equally important, Atlus always intended for Persona to be the light hearted, accessible franchise, that would serve as a gateway to the larger MegaTen cycle.

@PhazonBlazer said:

Is there even a Smash Bros hype thread?

Yeah.

#2360 Posted by charizard1605 (58094 posts) -

@illmatic87 said:

@charizard1605 said:

I'm kind of getting really bored of gaming, and of this place.

Like, as far as gaming goes, I know I want to play something, but then when I actually think about playing any of the multitude of games in my backlog, spread out over more than five systems, I lose interest.

As for posting here... I don't know, it's sort of like... okay, what now? I mean, I like System Wars a lot, I've been posting here constantly for eight years now, but I'm at the point where I ask myself- what next? What's the point, really?

I only stopped losing interest in handheld games completely. Consoles too, the last time I turned on my console was when I played Ground Zeroes. I just forget that I even own one. I still play games on my PC alot since well, I can always alt-tab to do other stuff. In general, I am mostly losing interest in AAA games and I am actually kinda greatful for that. It's the focused and short Indie games that I am enjoying. They just suit my lifestyle better these days.

As for this place, I like that people arent as blinded by nostalgia and even the idotic user here is one that is looking forward to the future and is passionate in different ways. I dislike the whole "Back in the old days" discussions that plague other forums.

I think my issues might be that I only like very specific kinds of games. And as the total number of games being made goes down, so too does the total number of games that might potentially interest me.

Don't get me wrong, my issues with System Wars or Gamespot aren't even because of the site changes or anything, and I don't think I've ever had as many friends on this board as I do now. It's just, I think it's getting a bad taste for me mentally because it's associated with gaming, and gaming itself doesn't have the most positive associations for me right now.

Maybe it's just temporary :/

#2361 Posted by CrownKingArthur (4894 posts) -

the point of the system war is ... lols?

#2362 Edited by jg4xchamp (48320 posts) -

#2363 Posted by charizard1605 (58094 posts) -

@jg4xchamp said:

I laughed.

#2364 Posted by Zassimick (6621 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@charizard1605 said:

I'm kind of getting really bored of gaming, and of this place.

Like, as far as gaming goes, I know I want to play something, but then when I actually think about playing any of the multitude of games in my backlog, spread out over more than five systems, I lose interest.

As for posting here... I don't know, it's sort of like... okay, what now? I mean, I like System Wars a lot, I've been posting here constantly for eight years now, but I'm at the point where I ask myself- what next? What's the point, really?

I've been getting the same feeling lately as well

Definitely in the same place and I'm not even around System Wars all that much! I don't really know how to describe it for myself without making myself look like a raging douche or a whiny baby but something feels off.

I've been so busy with other life stuff that all I want to do is sit down and play a game on my free time. Finally, like this evening, when I have the time for a game... nothing is appealing. I have TLoU: Remastered, MGSV: GZ, Dragon's Crown, FEZ, Mario Kart 8, Oracle of Seasons, Skyrim, Xenoblade, FFIX, War of the Lions, and so much more. And yet I've got no ambition to play any of those titles despite them being so varied. I'm hoping this subsides after I move and if I get back into FFXIV.

#2365 Posted by charizard1605 (58094 posts) -

@Zassimick said:

@lostrib said:

@charizard1605 said:

I'm kind of getting really bored of gaming, and of this place.

Like, as far as gaming goes, I know I want to play something, but then when I actually think about playing any of the multitude of games in my backlog, spread out over more than five systems, I lose interest.

As for posting here... I don't know, it's sort of like... okay, what now? I mean, I like System Wars a lot, I've been posting here constantly for eight years now, but I'm at the point where I ask myself- what next? What's the point, really?

I've been getting the same feeling lately as well

Definitely in the same place and I'm not even around System Wars all that much! I don't really know how to describe it for myself without making myself look like a raging douche or a whiny baby but something feels off.

I've been so busy with other life stuff that all I want to do is sit down and play a game on my free time. Finally, like this evening, when I have the time for a game... nothing is appealing. I have TLoU: Remastered, MGSV: GZ, Dragon's Crown, FEZ, Mario Kart 8, Oracle of Seasons, Skyrim, Xenoblade, FFIX, War of the Lions, and so much more. And yet I've got no ambition to play any of those titles despite them being so varied. I'm hoping this subsides after I move and if I get back into FFXIV.

This is basically it. It's exactly how I'm feeling.

I currently have Final Fantasy X, Stealth Inc., Muramasa Rebirth, Sine Mora, Ys Celceta, Pokemon X, Pokemon SoulSilver, Fire Emblem Awakening, Shin Megami Tensei IV, Mario Kart 8, Pikmin 3, and New Super Mario Bros. U on my plate, and somehow, every time I decide I will play one of these, I just... lose any motivation or drive to play them. And they're all pretty different games too.

I'm not quite sure what is happening.

#2366 Posted by Stevo_the_gamer (42966 posts) -

@Technoweirdo said:

@Stevo_the_gamer said:
Since when does it became a negative when Law Enforcement are better prepared to handle extreme scenarios? Especially when that said equipment improves officer safety, and efficiency, and when given via surplus... saved hundreds of thousands of taxpayer dollars.

Surplus? Sure, I'll buy that. Would be far worse were it not. Still, why'd they take it in the first place? Are their SWAT teams so severely underequipped? Are they expecting regular officers to handle extreme situations? Enlighten me here, 'cause for regular duty, it'd be overkill, surplus or not, and sends a message that they're really trigger-happy which is the last thing a cop should be.

The equipment is not used for normal patrol operations. How can the display of this equipment equate to being "trigger happy"? Why do departments take it -- because it's newer equipment, practically dirt cheap/free, and it's better equipment. MRAPs for example are superior to current Law Enforcement armored vehicles due to their ability to better handle flooding, explosives, and higher powered weaponry.

I don't know if you realized this, but "riot" scenarios like what we saw in Ferguson are not "regular duty" situations. I have yet to bring or use a gas mask while on duty for example.

#2367 Posted by lostrib (37568 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

@Zassimick said:

@lostrib said:

I've been getting the same feeling lately as well

Definitely in the same place and I'm not even around System Wars all that much! I don't really know how to describe it for myself without making myself look like a raging douche or a whiny baby but something feels off.

I've been so busy with other life stuff that all I want to do is sit down and play a game on my free time. Finally, like this evening, when I have the time for a game... nothing is appealing. I have TLoU: Remastered, MGSV: GZ, Dragon's Crown, FEZ, Mario Kart 8, Oracle of Seasons, Skyrim, Xenoblade, FFIX, War of the Lions, and so much more. And yet I've got no ambition to play any of those titles despite them being so varied. I'm hoping this subsides after I move and if I get back into FFXIV.

This is basically it. It's exactly how I'm feeling.

I currently have Final Fantasy X, Stealth Inc., Muramasa Rebirth, Sine Mora, Ys Celceta, Pokemon X, Pokemon SoulSilver, Fire Emblem Awakening, Shin Megami Tensei IV, Mario Kart 8, Pikmin 3, and New Super Mario Bros. U on my plate, and somehow, every time I decide I will play one of these, I just... lose any motivation or drive to play them. And they're all pretty different games too.

I'm not quite sure what is happening.

You guys hit the feeling on the nose. Heck it's even expanded to my Netflix Queue, where I sit and scroll through titles for like 20 minutes trying to decide on something; and half the time I just end up re-watching something

#2368 Posted by Aljosa23 (25111 posts) -

@charizard1605: That's not really my problem with Persona. All that would be well and good if it didn't bleed over to the main games - but it does. Heck, I don't even care about it being in the franchise - it has more to do with it than something like Devil Survivor. SMT IV was very clearly a watered down game made to appeal to the Persona fanbase and the game suffers for it. From the art, the awful "dungeons" or lack thereof, the shitty characters, the in your face bullshit spoon feeding you everything.

SMT games are best when they thrive on discovery and in that sense are thematically similar to something like Dark Souls You are transported to a completely unknown world with no explicit directions and must fend for yourself. This no longer exists in SMT IV and it completely destroys everything along with it. Don't even have to mention the terrible decision of taking out the RES stat. Strange Journey in my mind is the real IV.

You might not care since you started with the Persona series but it's pretty sad to see how they dropped the ball with the main games.

#2369 Posted by Zassimick (6621 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@charizard1605 said:

This is basically it. It's exactly how I'm feeling.

I currently have Final Fantasy X, Stealth Inc., Muramasa Rebirth, Sine Mora, Ys Celceta, Pokemon X, Pokemon SoulSilver, Fire Emblem Awakening, Shin Megami Tensei IV, Mario Kart 8, Pikmin 3, and New Super Mario Bros. U on my plate, and somehow, every time I decide I will play one of these, I just... lose any motivation or drive to play them. And they're all pretty different games too.

I'm not quite sure what is happening.

You guys hit the feeling on the nose. Heck it's even expanded to my Netflix Queue, where I sit and scroll through titles for like 20 minutes trying to decide on something; and half the time I just end up re-watching something

Oh yeah, that happens quite often with Netflix. Sometimes I'm like, "I should really finish True Detective! It's great!" but then I don't feel like something that heavy. Well then, what about Batman: Brave and the Bold or Justice League? Nope. Or a good comedy? Not feeling it.

It's just a sudden wave of apathy when it comes to gaming and most things with it. Or just when there are a lot of choices, maybe that's what it is.

#2370 Edited by lostrib (37568 posts) -

@Zassimick said:

@lostrib said:

@charizard1605 said:

This is basically it. It's exactly how I'm feeling.

I currently have Final Fantasy X, Stealth Inc., Muramasa Rebirth, Sine Mora, Ys Celceta, Pokemon X, Pokemon SoulSilver, Fire Emblem Awakening, Shin Megami Tensei IV, Mario Kart 8, Pikmin 3, and New Super Mario Bros. U on my plate, and somehow, every time I decide I will play one of these, I just... lose any motivation or drive to play them. And they're all pretty different games too.

I'm not quite sure what is happening.

You guys hit the feeling on the nose. Heck it's even expanded to my Netflix Queue, where I sit and scroll through titles for like 20 minutes trying to decide on something; and half the time I just end up re-watching something

Oh yeah, that happens quite often with Netflix. Sometimes I'm like, "I should really finish True Detective! It's great!" but then I don't feel like something that heavy. Well then, what about Batman: Brave and the Bold or Justice League? Nope. Or a good comedy? Not feeling it.

It's just a sudden wave of apathy when it comes to gaming and most things with it. Or just when there are a lot of choices, maybe that's what it is.

yeah, that's why I had to take a break from breaking bad, or haven't started others shows. Like after a day of work, I'm not always ready for serious/intense shit.

#2371 Posted by kitty (114792 posts) -

Oct 15th will make 11 years as a member here. x.x

#2372 Posted by Ballroompirate (23025 posts) -

@charizard1605: Looking at those games char, they are without a doubt amazing but at least 6 of those games it takes A LONG time to finish em or put time into. Which can be a bummer if you have a big backlog, I get burned out quickly if I'm playing a game for 20+ hours, specially those games that take 60 or so hours to finish...I just can't do it anymore. Also if you own a lot of consoles/HH's it can rack up the monies, it's fun having options but it can drain your wallet or you can look at a system and be like "why the hell did I buy this" and have buyers remorse.

#2373 Posted by PhazonBlazer (11910 posts) -

Seriously guys, Rogue Legacy. Buy it.

#2374 Edited by Ballroompirate (23025 posts) -

@PhazonBlazer said:

Seriously guys, Rogue Legacy. Buy it.

No desire to play it :P

#2375 Edited by 93BlackHawk93 (5630 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@charizard1605 said:

@Zassimick said:

@lostrib said:

I've been getting the same feeling lately as well

Definitely in the same place and I'm not even around System Wars all that much! I don't really know how to describe it for myself without making myself look like a raging douche or a whiny baby but something feels off.

I've been so busy with other life stuff that all I want to do is sit down and play a game on my free time. Finally, like this evening, when I have the time for a game... nothing is appealing. I have TLoU: Remastered, MGSV: GZ, Dragon's Crown, FEZ, Mario Kart 8, Oracle of Seasons, Skyrim, Xenoblade, FFIX, War of the Lions, and so much more. And yet I've got no ambition to play any of those titles despite them being so varied. I'm hoping this subsides after I move and if I get back into FFXIV.

This is basically it. It's exactly how I'm feeling.

I currently have Final Fantasy X, Stealth Inc., Muramasa Rebirth, Sine Mora, Ys Celceta, Pokemon X, Pokemon SoulSilver, Fire Emblem Awakening, Shin Megami Tensei IV, Mario Kart 8, Pikmin 3, and New Super Mario Bros. U on my plate, and somehow, every time I decide I will play one of these, I just... lose any motivation or drive to play them. And they're all pretty different games too.

I'm not quite sure what is happening.

You guys hit the feeling on the nose. Heck it's even expanded to my Netflix Queue, where I sit and scroll through titles for like 20 minutes trying to decide on something; and half the time I just end up re-watching something

That's the effect of growing up and being exposed constantly to negativism; our brains absorb everything. We take everything too seriously and see entertainment as another task. I think.

#2376 Edited by funsohng (28104 posts) -

cuz, you know, f*ck Skynet.

#2377 Edited by sppnr4321 (7 posts) -

honestly this site is really going downhill when they overhaul and implent 3 strike system, Im Sniper4321 and i faced injustice here.

my account was banned in may for investigation then it take months to investigate then conclusion was my account would not be restore? why? for no fucking reason. absolutely none. i got banned FOR NO REASON. so this is my last post and farewell to system wars. i was so waiting for my account to get restore but its is still not. so i Give up to this site. kinda sad because site was good before redesign, moderation was better before redesign. Now you get moderated if u accidentally click flag button which was happen to me. a FUCKING FLAG button.

Good bye everyone. i enjoy my time here. i meet some good people and some stupid people. and theres lot of stupid people but there are good people too. like champ, @uninspiredcup @Cloud_imperium , @freedomfreak @FreedomFreeLife etc.

Im appologizing for everyone i bash thier fav games.

Im sorry JRPG fans. hope you guys forgive me

Im sorry console gamers. hope you guys forgive me

Im sorry corrupt mainstream media.

Im sorry everyone.

Enjoy your games and have fun.

Goodbye, the legend Sniper4321 is gone. one day i will be remember as Legend in the history of System wars.

#2378 Posted by ConanTheStoner (5587 posts) -

@funsohng said:

cuz, you know, f*ck Skynet.

I'll have you know that I feed my family off of the plentiful variation of avians that I procure with my trusty skynet.

You should feel ashamed.

#2379 Posted by getyeryayasout (7598 posts) -

@sppnr4321 said:

honestly this site is really going downhill when they overhaul and implent 3 strike system, Im Sniper4321 and i faced injustice here.

my account was banned in may for investigation then it take months to investigate then conclusion was my account would not be restore? why? for no fucking reason. absolutely none. i got banned FOR NO REASON. so this is my last post and farewell to system wars. i was so waiting for my account to get restore but its is still not. so i Give up to this site. kinda sad because site was good before redesign, moderation was better before redesign. Now you get moderated if u accidentally click flag button which was happen to me. a FUCKING FLAG button.

Good bye everyone. i enjoy my time here. i meet some good people and some stupid people. and theres lot of stupid people but there are good people too. like champ, @uninspiredcup @Cloud_imperium , @freedomfreak @FreedomFreeLife etc.

Im appologizing for everyone i bash thier fav games.

Im sorry JRPG fans. hope you guys forgive me

Im sorry console gamers. hope you guys forgive me

Im sorry corrupt mainstream media.

Im sorry everyone.

Enjoy your games and have fun.

Goodbye, the legend Sniper4321 is gone. one day i will be remember as Legend in the history of System wars.

Only a casual p*ssy would fold up and leave. Hope you stay. :)

#2380 Edited by ConanTheStoner (5587 posts) -

@getyeryayasout said:

@sppnr4321 said:

honestly this site is really going downhill when they overhaul and implent 3 strike system, Im Sniper4321 and i faced injustice here.

my account was banned in may for investigation then it take months to investigate then conclusion was my account would not be restore? why? for no fucking reason. absolutely none. i got banned FOR NO REASON. so this is my last post and farewell to system wars. i was so waiting for my account to get restore but its is still not. so i Give up to this site. kinda sad because site was good before redesign, moderation was better before redesign. Now you get moderated if u accidentally click flag button which was happen to me. a FUCKING FLAG button.

Good bye everyone. i enjoy my time here. i meet some good people and some stupid people. and theres lot of stupid people but there are good people too. like champ, @uninspiredcup @Cloud_imperium , @freedomfreak @FreedomFreeLife etc.

Im appologizing for everyone i bash thier fav games.

Im sorry JRPG fans. hope you guys forgive me

Im sorry console gamers. hope you guys forgive me

Im sorry corrupt mainstream media.

Im sorry everyone.

Enjoy your games and have fun.

Goodbye, the legend Sniper4321 is gone. one day i will be remember as Legend in the history of System wars.

Only a casual p*ssy would fold up and leave. Hope you stay. :)

I 2nd that one snipes, don't buckle like some F2P pussy, man up and fight the corrupt media.

Think of all the good memories you had pwning noobs on SW and all the good times you'll miss if you leave.

Remember this?

SW is in your blood bro.

#2381 Edited by getyeryayasout (7598 posts) -

@ConanTheStoner said:

@getyeryayasout said:

@sppnr4321 said:

honestly this site is really going downhill when they overhaul and implent 3 strike system, Im Sniper4321 and i faced injustice here.

my account was banned in may for investigation then it take months to investigate then conclusion was my account would not be restore? why? for no fucking reason. absolutely none. i got banned FOR NO REASON. so this is my last post and farewell to system wars. i was so waiting for my account to get restore but its is still not. so i Give up to this site. kinda sad because site was good before redesign, moderation was better before redesign. Now you get moderated if u accidentally click flag button which was happen to me. a FUCKING FLAG button.

Good bye everyone. i enjoy my time here. i meet some good people and some stupid people. and theres lot of stupid people but there are good people too. like champ, @uninspiredcup @Cloud_imperium , @freedomfreak @FreedomFreeLife etc.

Im appologizing for everyone i bash thier fav games.

Im sorry JRPG fans. hope you guys forgive me

Im sorry console gamers. hope you guys forgive me

Im sorry corrupt mainstream media.

Im sorry everyone.

Enjoy your games and have fun.

Goodbye, the legend Sniper4321 is gone. one day i will be remember as Legend in the history of System wars.

Only a casual p*ssy would fold up and leave. Hope you stay. :)

I 2nd that one snipes, don't buckle like some F2P pussy, man up and fight the corrupt media.

Think of all the good memories you had pwning noobs on SW and all the good times you'll miss if you leave.

Remember this?

SW is in your blood bro.

Know what Coney? If he's going to be so...what's the word I'm looking for?...so 'casual', I'd rather he just went.

Peace out Sniper.

#2382 Posted by 93BlackHawk93 (5630 posts) -

#2383 Posted by parkurtommo (27211 posts) -

@sppnr4321 said:

honestly this site is really going downhill when they overhaul and implent 3 strike system, Im Sniper4321 and i faced injustice here.

my account was banned in may for investigation then it take months to investigate then conclusion was my account would not be restore? why? for no fucking reason. absolutely none. i got banned FOR NO REASON. so this is my last post and farewell to system wars. i was so waiting for my account to get restore but its is still not. so i Give up to this site. kinda sad because site was good before redesign, moderation was better before redesign. Now you get moderated if u accidentally click flag button which was happen to me. a FUCKING FLAG button.

Good bye everyone. i enjoy my time here. i meet some good people and some stupid people. and theres lot of stupid people but there are good people too. like champ, @uninspiredcup @Cloud_imperium , @freedomfreak @FreedomFreeLife etc.

Im appologizing for everyone i bash thier fav games.

Im sorry JRPG fans. hope you guys forgive me

Im sorry console gamers. hope you guys forgive me

Im sorry corrupt mainstream media.

Im sorry everyone.

Enjoy your games and have fun.

Goodbye, the legend Sniper4321 is gone. one day i will be remember as Legend in the history of System wars.

Did you ask the mods and contacted support?

#2384 Posted by nintendoboy16 (26863 posts) -

Dishonored... holy shit, this is kind of fun.

#2385 Edited by Cloud_imperium (3600 posts) -

@sppnr4321 said:

honestly this site is really going downhill when they overhaul and implent 3 strike system, Im Sniper4321 and i faced injustice here.

my account was banned in may for investigation then it take months to investigate then conclusion was my account would not be restore? why? for no fucking reason. absolutely none. i got banned FOR NO REASON. so this is my last post and farewell to system wars. i was so waiting for my account to get restore but its is still not. so i Give up to this site. kinda sad because site was good before redesign, moderation was better before redesign. Now you get moderated if u accidentally click flag button which was happen to me. a FUCKING FLAG button.

Good bye everyone. i enjoy my time here. i meet some good people and some stupid people. and theres lot of stupid people but there are good people too. like champ, @uninspiredcup @Cloud_imperium , @freedomfreak @FreedomFreeLife etc.

Im appologizing for everyone i bash thier fav games.

Im sorry JRPG fans. hope you guys forgive me

Im sorry console gamers. hope you guys forgive me

Im sorry corrupt mainstream media.

Im sorry everyone.

Enjoy your games and have fun.

Goodbye, the legend Sniper4321 is gone. one day i will be remember as Legend in the history of System wars.

@sppnr4321 : You should stay here . However , I do agree that most of the fun is gone since redesign .

#2386 Posted by parkurtommo (27211 posts) -

@nintendoboy16 said:

Dishonored... holy shit, this is kind of fun.

Dishonered is really, really good. It drops off towards the end though.

#2387 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (25524 posts) -

Well I WAS going to play Titan Fall, but I don't have the Space for it on my Hard Drive. :(

#2388 Edited by Gue1 (10187 posts) -

@lawlessx said:

@Gue1 said:

gonna get high and play the pc version of Silent Hill 2 till I shite my pants.

Silent Hill 2 is on the PC?

I didn't know either but when I was thinking about what I felt like playing right now, I felt like playing Silent Hill because the PT demo hype. Before playing a game I always like to research it a bit so I went to Wikipedia and under releases it said Windows! I have the game on PS2, only played it a bit many years ago before my PS2 slim stopped reading discs. I don't like how inconsistent PCSX2 is, so when I found out it was on PC I was really happy.

I read the game was panned by critics because it has many glitches and shit but I've been playing it for a couple of hours with a controller and no issues. You can make the game widescreen, run 60 frames and 1080p with a patch. The pre-rendered cut-scenes are badly compressed though, even compared to the PS2 and they run 30 frames for some reason but the actual game looks amazing. The high frame-rate even make it feel more scary!

3, 4 and 5 are on PC too. The only one missing is the 6th one, aka, Downpour and the first one from PS1.

#2389 Edited by charizard1605 (58094 posts) -

@Ballroompirate, that's the other thing, I have all these less 'long' games on my Vita just waiting to be played, stuff like Hotline Miami, or Pixeljunk, and so on, but if I think about them, I just get cold feet too.

You guys hit it on the head with Netflix too- like, I know I want to watch something, but I'm no longer sure what. Hell, outside of reading, I don't think I am now able to consume any media anymore. It's sort of sad.

#2390 Posted by parkurtommo (27211 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

@Ballroompirate, that's the other thing, I have all these less 'long' games on my Vita just waiting to be played, stuff like Hotline Miami, or Pixeljunk, and so on, but if I think about them, I just get cold feet too.

You guys hit it on the head with Netflix too- like, I know I want to watch something, but I'm no longer sure what. Hell, outside of reading, I don't think I am now able to consume any media anymore. It's sort of sad.

Short attention span, the product of toomuchinternets. I would recommend taking a break and going outside, but we both know that isn't going to happen. :P

#2391 Posted by parkurtommo (27211 posts) -

Thank god for steams free weekend for Borderlands 2. I WAS going to buy this game, but now I know that it sucks, so I'll keep my money for something better.

#2392 Posted by jg4xchamp (48320 posts) -

@parkurtommo said:

@nintendoboy16 said:

Dishonored... holy shit, this is kind of fun.

Dishonered is really, really good. It drops off towards the end though.

for a little bit, but that final area is bitchin.

#2393 Edited by funsohng (28104 posts) -

@sppnr4321 said:

honestly this site is really going downhill when they overhaul and implent 3 strike system, Im Sniper4321 and i faced injustice here.

my account was banned in may for investigation then it take months to investigate then conclusion was my account would not be restore? why? for no fucking reason. absolutely none. i got banned FOR NO REASON. so this is my last post and farewell to system wars. i was so waiting for my account to get restore but its is still not. so i Give up to this site. kinda sad because site was good before redesign, moderation was better before redesign. Now you get moderated if u accidentally click flag button which was happen to me. a FUCKING FLAG button.

Good bye everyone. i enjoy my time here. i meet some good people and some stupid people. and theres lot of stupid people but there are good people too. like champ, @uninspiredcup @Cloud_imperium , @freedomfreak @FreedomFreeLife etc.

Im appologizing for everyone i bash thier fav games.

Im sorry JRPG fans. hope you guys forgive me

Im sorry console gamers. hope you guys forgive me

Im sorry corrupt mainstream media.

Im sorry everyone.

Enjoy your games and have fun.

Goodbye, the legend Sniper4321 is gone. one day i will be remember as Legend in the history of System wars.

I remember this guy.

#2394 Posted by PhazonBlazer (11910 posts) -

Today, System Wars has lost an angel.

RIP in pieces SNIPER4321, we will always remember your love of all things STALKER and Metro.

#2395 Posted by Ballroompirate (23025 posts) -

@parkurtommo: Knowing Sniper and his posting history I'm pretty sure his ban was justified. Now if they can actually perma ban jankar, uninspired, freedomfreelife and a few of the derp alts around here, it won't solve the big picture but at least it will take out some of the trash around here.

#2396 Posted by commonfate (12457 posts) -

@PhazonBlazer said:

Seriously guys, Rogue Legacy. Buy it.

Where were you when I was repping that two weeks ago?

And holy hell new game plus is quite challenging.

#2397 Edited by commonfate (12457 posts) -

Pretty proud to have hosted a legit Project M tournament.

Between doing a loser's bracket and best of 3's w/best of 5's for semi's and onwards it definitely took a chunk of time.

#2398 Edited by Ballroompirate (23025 posts) -

@charizard1605: Think it took me like 10 or so hours to beat Hotline Miami, best indie game ever.

#2399 Posted by PhazonBlazer (11910 posts) -

@commonfate said:

@PhazonBlazer said:

Seriously guys, Rogue Legacy. Buy it.

Where were you when I was repping that two weeks ago?

And holy hell new game plus is quite challenging.

New game plus is hell, especially the remixed boss's.

#2400 Posted by darkspineslayer (19751 posts) -

@PhazonBlazer: Spelunky >>>>>>>>