System Wars Lounge V47: The 60FPS 1080P Edition

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#151 Edited by lostrib (39044 posts) -

@MonsieurX said:

@kitty said:

@clyde46 said:

Thats not how PSU's work.... Also you have to look at how much wattage is supplied on each line. I suggest you invest in a new PSU as soon as you can.

This is new, it's not even three weeks old

www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817182133

So what does this mean "Efficiency up to 87%" then?

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/343495-28-power-supply-efficiency-myths

What? now we're actually learning things on SW. Time to shut it down

#152 Edited by Ballroompirate (23279 posts) -

@charizard1605: Gonna get working on that sig, was busyplaying ping pong and the Destiny beta at a friends house all day, so I'll get that sig finished here in a few

#153 Edited by MonsieurX (30826 posts) -

@lostrib said:

What? now we're actually learning things on SW. Time to shut it down

#154 Posted by charizard1605 (58883 posts) -

@Ballroompirate: No worries at all, man, I figured you were busy, you can take your time :)

#155 Edited by PhazonBlazer (11951 posts) -

Bravely Default is sold-out at pretty much every Bust Bey.

#156 Posted by charizard1605 (58883 posts) -

@PhazonBlazer said:

Bravely Default is sold-out at pretty much every Bust Bey.

How many weeaboo games can you play at a time anyway?

#157 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (25833 posts) -

@charizard1605: that won't stop them. That won't stop them

#158 Edited by Ballroompirate (23279 posts) -

@charizard1605: K I made 2 with two different frames, make sure you save em to tumblr or your computer, I usually clear out my folder to make room for other projects.

#159 Posted by charizard1605 (58883 posts) -

@LegatoSkyheart: I should probably just filter out the Frozen tag...

@Ballroompirate: Awesome again! Thanks man!

#160 Posted by Blabadon (27141 posts) -

There are so many poorly written, amateur reviews on Metacritic it's a shame they are used at all.

#161 Posted by Ballroompirate (23279 posts) -

@charizard1605: I might actually have to redo your sig lol, I'm working on a new one after I made yours and the difference in quality is night and day.

#162 Posted by charizard1605 (58883 posts) -

@Ballroompirate: Lol, alright. I really like the one I have right now, but sure, I won't say no to a newer one either xD

#163 Edited by Ballroompirate (23279 posts) -

@charizard1605: Done!!! finally lol, so much better

#164 Posted by charizard1605 (58883 posts) -

@Ballroompirate said:

@charizard1605: Done!!! finally lol, so much better

You're right, that is much better haha.

Okay, I'm going to use this new one now, and save the older one to use it later. This way, I don't have to ask you to make me a new one when I want to change my sig and want a new Chie one lol.

Thanks again!

#165 Posted by Ballroompirate (23279 posts) -

@charizard1605: Feel free to ask if you want me to make a sig, I need to show Adobe who's the better sig make >.>

#166 Posted by charizard1605 (58883 posts) -

@Ballroompirate said:

@charizard1605: Feel free to ask if you want me to make a sig, I need to show Adobe who's the better sig make >.>

Lol, well Adobe will certainly have some competition for the category in the SWAs this year, I'll tell you that.

#167 Posted by getyeryayasout (7728 posts) -

You should play Valiant Hearts. For real.

#168 Posted by charizard1605 (58883 posts) -

@getyeryayasout said:

You should play Valiant Hearts. For real.

It's on the PS4, right? Might get it, actually.

#169 Edited by Ballroompirate (23279 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

@Ballroompirate said:

@charizard1605: Feel free to ask if you want me to make a sig, I need to show Adobe who's the better sig make >.>

Lol, well Adobe will certainly have some competition for the category in the SWAs this year, I'll tell you that.

Pssh that would imply he has a chance to beat me

#170 Posted by Zassimick (6770 posts) -

nana nana nana nana...BAT ZASS!

Started getting back into Xenoblade. Gameplay is alright at the moment, but mah gerd the music, and the world is massive. And I got my first taste of Shulk and Reyn conversing out in the field and it was took me by surprise. Like, it just made the characters feel all the more real with that tiny detail.

Gonna have to play a lot more now. ^_^

#171 Edited by inb4uall (5806 posts) -

@Zassimick said:

nana nana nana nana...BAT ZASS!

Started getting back into Xenoblade. Gameplay is alright at the moment, but mah gerd the music, and the world is massive. And I got my first taste of Shulk and Reyn conversing out in the field and it was took me by surprise. Like, it just made the characters feel all the more real with that tiny detail.

Gonna have to play a lot more now. ^_^

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. The bulbasaur avy was classic. ;_;

#172 Posted by getyeryayasout (7728 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

@getyeryayasout said:

You should play Valiant Hearts. For real.

It's on the PS4, right? Might get it, actually.

Yeah, that's what I played it on. It's kind of a 'one-off', but it's a strong, story driven first play through. Very enjoyable.

#173 Posted by SYSTEM-REBOOT (656 posts) -

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/471870/doom-reboot-unlikely-to-be-shown-again-until-2015/

Damnit!!! now i have to wait for a year to see this??

#174 Edited by nintendoboy16 (27235 posts) -

Can it be Wednesday already?

#175 Edited by TheGuardian03 (21971 posts) -

@PhazonBlazer said:

Bravely Default is sold-out at pretty much every Bust Bey.

Glad i got a copy early on. did the same with Xenoblade. I do this with every game that is expected to not print many copies.

#176 Posted by parkurtommo (27371 posts) -

@wolverine4262 said:

@super600:

If that helps, Ill do it. But, It only takes some short looking on the board to see it.

If you moderate it, people will stop doing it. Is no one else sick of the lengthy scrolling you gotta do now to get through a page?

And, just forget about it if SolidTy or lostrib are in the thread.

Join the "clickthebaratthebottominsteadofscrolling" master race!

#177 Posted by parkurtommo (27371 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

@wolverine4262 said:

@parkurtommo said:

I remember when 720p (and obviously on only 1 screen) was impressive.

It still is for porn.

Speak for yourself.

Any higher and you start to see every single mole and rinkle though lol.

#178 Edited by TheGuardian03 (21971 posts) -

Man Destiny went from buying it later to day 1. depends if the actual game doesn't require PS+ though. really good gunplay. the world looks beautiful but it's so empty in the beta, other than enemies there really isn't much to interact with.

Started Kuroko no basku and it's good but not even close to the greatness of Slam Dunk. Generation of miracles phantom six Kuroko is a weakling who relies on his shadow ability in matches. the reasoning behind why people don't notice him even in real life is stupid. hope he gains some actual skill other than relying on shadow+ good passing. why is he even part of the 5 generation of miracles?

#179 Posted by TheGuardian03 (21971 posts) -

Man Destiny went from buying it later to day 1. depends if the actual game doesn't require PS+ though. really good gunplay. the world looks beautiful but it's so empty in the beta, other than enemies there really isn't much to interact with.

Started Kuroko no basku and it's good but not even close to the greatness of Slam Dunk. Generation of miracles phantom six Kuroko is a weakling who relies on his shadow ability in matches. the reasoning behind why people don't notice him even in real life is stupid. hope he gains some actual skill other than relying on shadow+ good passing. why is he even part of the 5 generation of miracles?

#180 Posted by Zassimick (6770 posts) -
@inb4uall said:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. The bulbasaur avy was classic. ;_;

Well gosh darn it, you telling me I have to change it back? :P

I felt it was time for a change, plus I couldn't sleep and wanted to work in photoshop a little bit. If enough people throw a fit I'll change the avy back to Bulbasir, or I'll just do it at some point anyways.

#181 Edited by LegatoSkyheart (25833 posts) -

It's okay guys, I ain't changing My Avy.

#182 Posted by parkurtommo (27371 posts) -

@Zassimick said:
@inb4uall said:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. The bulbasaur avy was classic. ;_;

Well gosh darn it, you telling me I have to change it back? :P

I felt it was time for a change, plus I couldn't sleep and wanted to work in photoshop a little bit. If enough people throw a fit I'll change the avy back to Bulbasir, or I'll just do it at some point anyways.

Nah keep it.

#183 Posted by Blabadon (27141 posts) -

My character in Dark Souls 1 feels so inadequate compared to Dark Souls 2.

#184 Edited by commonfate (12491 posts) -

@LegatoSkyheart said:

It's okay guys, I ain't changing My Avy.

No idea what it is.

#185 Posted by commonfate (12491 posts) -

@Blabadon said:

My character in Dark Souls 1 feels so inadequate compared to Dark Souls 2.

Were you using an int build in DS2?

#186 Posted by Ballroompirate (23279 posts) -

@TheGuardian03 said:

Man Destiny went from buying it later to day 1. depends if the actual game doesn't require PS+ though. really good gunplay. the world looks beautiful but it's so empty in the beta, other than enemies there really isn't much to interact with.

Started Kuroko no basku and it's good but not even close to the greatness of Slam Dunk. Generation of miracles phantom six Kuroko is a weakling who relies on his shadow ability in matches. the reasoning behind why people don't notice him even in real life is stupid. hope he gains some actual skill other than relying on shadow+ good passing. why is he even part of the 5 generation of miracles?

The PS4 version I think requires you to sub for PS while the PS3 version doesn't.

#187 Posted by parkurtommo (27371 posts) -

@Ballroompirate said:

@TheGuardian03 said:

Man Destiny went from buying it later to day 1. depends if the actual game doesn't require PS+ though. really good gunplay. the world looks beautiful but it's so empty in the beta, other than enemies there really isn't much to interact with.

Started Kuroko no basku and it's good but not even close to the greatness of Slam Dunk. Generation of miracles phantom six Kuroko is a weakling who relies on his shadow ability in matches. the reasoning behind why people don't notice him even in real life is stupid. hope he gains some actual skill other than relying on shadow+ good passing. why is he even part of the 5 generation of miracles?

The PS4 version I think requires you to sub for PS while the PS3 version doesn't.

Why? o.O

#188 Posted by Ballroompirate (23279 posts) -

@parkurtommo: I'm assuming since PSN is free on the PS3 while it isn't on the PS4. I saw a lvl 6 quest last night on the PS4 version it required a PSN sub to even do, so I don't know if it was a glitch or not but the odd thing was my friend has PSN and we couldnt even do the quest.

After playing the beta though it does make me want to get the PS4 version over the PS3 version.

#190 Posted by Ballroompirate (23279 posts) -

Pretty much what Des said...which I uh told him to say so technically I said it too.

#191 Posted by kitty (114860 posts) -

@MonsieurX said:

@kitty said:

@clyde46 said:

Thats not how PSU's work.... Also you have to look at how much wattage is supplied on each line. I suggest you invest in a new PSU as soon as you can.

This is new, it's not even three weeks old

www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817182133

So what does this mean "Efficiency up to 87%" then?

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/343495-28-power-supply-efficiency-myths

thanks. I'm still left with a question though, would 850 be enough then?

#192 Posted by Ballroompirate (23279 posts) -

@kitty: 850 watts for 2 cards?

#193 Edited by kitty (114860 posts) -

@Ballroompirate said:

@kitty: 850 watts for 2 cards?

Yes. i asked last night, if my new psu would be enough for two 780s and clyde pretty much told me I'd need a new one.

#194 Posted by commonfate (12491 posts) -

@kitty said:

@Ballroompirate said:

@kitty: 850 watts for 2 cards?

Yes. i asked last night, if my new psu would be enough for two 780s and clyde pretty much told me I'd need a new one.

If you're running a crossfire or SLI setup then yes, you should venture into the 750+ territory being that your GPU sucks in the most power. Use pc part picker to get an estimate and then give yourself a buffer zone of 50-100.

#195 Edited by clyde46 (46795 posts) -

@kitty said:

@Ballroompirate said:

@kitty: 850 watts for 2 cards?

Yes. i asked last night, if my new psu would be enough for two 780s and clyde pretty much told me I'd need a new one.

Its not the output power, its the quality of the PSU that worries me.

#196 Edited by Blabadon (27141 posts) -

@commonfate said:

@Blabadon said:

My character in Dark Souls 1 feels so inadequate compared to Dark Souls 2.

Were you using an int build in DS2?

My DS2 guy is an all melee dude with decent armor, 30 Strength, 20 Dex, and then 20 Faith for the Heide's Sword +6 I have going for him.

My DS1 chick is basic af.

#197 Posted by Blabadon (27141 posts) -

@parkurtommo said:

@Blabadon said:

Destiny is so pretty.

Literally the best generic art direction in a long time.

Right? It's like Bungie's extreme cliff fetish is exploding out of their pants in beautiful next gen 1080p and 60 30 FPS!

#198 Posted by CrownKingArthur (5071 posts) -

crudely, i normally look at the amps on the 12V rail. those amps x 12 should be the peak wattage which can be drawn on the 12v rail eg: gpu.

i usually compare this with both TDP and real world power draw data. because peak is peak, you won't need much overhead beyond 'peak'.

#199 Posted by kitty (114860 posts) -

@commonfate said:

If you're running a crossfire or SLI setup then yes, you should venture into the 750+ territory being that your GPU sucks in the most power. Use pc part picker to get an estimate and then give yourself a buffer zone of 50-100.

I figured as much, pc part picker is estimating 250 watts for each card, if so, then yes I'd need a new one. Thanks, I don't think to check that site actually. I usually ask my friends on here, because I know they have more experience than I do. I'm not a noob mind you, but I don't know what every card uses. I saw a person on IGN recently that was running a i7 4770k and 2 290s on a 750 watt psu. Thats why I was curious.

#200 Posted by clyde46 (46795 posts) -

@CrownKingArthur said:

crudely, i normally look at the amps on the 12V rail. those amps x 12 should be the peak wattage which can be drawn on the 12v rail eg: gpu.

i usually compare this with both TDP and real world power draw data. because peak is peak, you won't need much overhead beyond 'peak'.

You don't want to run the PSU at peak output all the time. My AX750 can output more than 750 but I don't want to push it.