System Wars Lounge V47: The 60FPS 1080P Edition

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1751 Posted by Ballroompirate (23926 posts) -

@charizard1605: Kinda, not really to spoil any thing but a certain thing she does pissed me off to the point I was like "what a *****".

#1752 Posted by Ballroompirate (23926 posts) -

@Blabadon said:

@mems_1224: Wait was it the same shit champ got?

Time to bring out the tinfoil hats, what if it's super?

The bunny finally snapped!

#1753 Posted by mems_1224 (49315 posts) -

BF4 runs like shit on 360 but god dammit I need my shooting someone in the face fix.

#1754 Posted by Ballroompirate (23926 posts) -

@shadowchronicle said:

spoiler about final fantasy x novel

Tidus explodes

I heard about that, but it makes no sense cause of that extra part in the X-2 remastered that they put in, which if that did happen before X-2 that will make me hate Yuna even more.

#1755 Posted by Toph_Girl250 (48735 posts) -

@parkurtommo said:

@commonfate said:

Fuck yeah cookie crisp cereal

You made me hungry. :(

Haven't had that cereal in a while, I like peanut butter crunch, and fruit loops.

#1756 Posted by Blabadon (29192 posts) -

@mems_1224: Go back and actually enjoy Gears you terrible person.

#1757 Edited by inb4uall (6564 posts) -

Weird how many times I was mentioned in the lounge while away from SW.

#1758 Posted by inb4uall (6564 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

Who the heck is Jon? O.o?

I am he.

#1759 Posted by Toph_Girl250 (48735 posts) -

I got mentioned in Starmill Galaxy, I was called in to rescue a floating green alien space cow from getting sucked into a black hole, he had an important date tonight with a talking can of spinach.

#1761 Posted by mems_1224 (49315 posts) -

@Blabadon said:

@mems_1224: Go back and actually enjoy Gears you terrible person.

Nah. The shooting in Gears isn't satisfying

#1762 Posted by inb4uall (6564 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

@Blabadon said:

@mems_1224: Go back and actually enjoy Gears you terrible person.

Nah. The shooting in Gears isn't satisfying

better than uncharted(lol). I like the sniper personally. A proper risk/reward weapon. Also getting a headshot with it is one of the most satisfying things I've yet experienced in gaming.

#1763 Posted by inb4uall (6564 posts) -

@Ballroompirate said:

@Blabadon said:

@mems_1224: Wait was it the same shit champ got?

Time to bring out the tinfoil hats, what if it's super?

The bunny finally snapped!

Should probably strip him of his mod tags and ban him just to be safe.

#1764 Posted by darkspineslayer (20756 posts) -

Why did I not play the swapper before? To think I would never have looked twice at this if I didn't get a review copy.

#1765 Posted by Toph_Girl250 (48735 posts) -

Swapper? Not familiar with that.

So usually I'm asleep by now, but I appear to have a strange case of insomnia tonight, not sure if anyone else is having this same problem.

#1766 Edited by Ballroompirate (23926 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

@Blabadon said:

@mems_1224: Go back and actually enjoy Gears you terrible person.

Nah. The shooting in Gears isn't satisfying

One does not simply just shoot in Geow

#1767 Edited by charizard1605 (62999 posts) -

THIS PIKACHU SHALL BE MINE.

#1768 Posted by Toph_Girl250 (48735 posts) -

While I admit that move looks cool, I prefer Raichu over Pikachu, and even then that one's not really on my favorites list. Lanturn's where its at, love the water/electric combo.

#1769 Posted by darkspineslayer (20756 posts) -

Not sure quite how I expected stealth inc to end, but what it did works.

#1770 Posted by commonfate (13029 posts) -

Another month, another Demon's Souls playthrough.

#1771 Posted by commonfate (13029 posts) -

@inb4uall said:

Weird how many times I was mentioned in the lounge while away from SW.

Clearly they have a crush on you.

#1772 Edited by illmatic87 (15719 posts) -

@Blabadon said:

@illmatic87: On a typical run, how much gold do you get?

Depends on the class I get rolled with.

I usually scour a minimum 600g with a Barbarian King/Queen or Paladin.

I can manage similar numbers with a Shinobi, but luck plays a big part as Shinobis are great vs enemies, but I havent got used to platforming with its increased movement speed. I do have better success with a Shinobi in the Forest Zone, but I cant seem to manage to get far in there so far.

I barely get much with a Knave or Archmage.

#1773 Posted by illmatic87 (15719 posts) -

@darkspineslayer said:

Why did I not play the swapper before? To think I would never have looked twice at this if I didn't get a review copy.

You're slow with playing good games.

First Mark of the Ninja, now The Swapper.

#1774 Posted by darkspineslayer (20756 posts) -

@illmatic87: I have a bit of an excuse with both. I only obtained a PC that wasn't pants on head stupid about 5 months ago, and had no contact with the XBLA either.

Swapper has only just become available to me and Mark of the Ninja was just a pleasant steam sale surprise. :)

#1775 Posted by illmatic87 (15719 posts) -

The Swapper and Mark of the Ninja have both appeared in the awesome Humble Bundles tho :C.

#1776 Posted by charizard1605 (62999 posts) -

I started playing Pikmin 3.

It's m first Pikmin game, so here are some impressions:

  • It's gorgeous
  • The controls are easy and streamlined, and the entire game appears to be one giant environmental puzzle
  • I like the concept, although I assume (hope?) it develops and becomes more nuanced later.

#1777 Posted by Blabadon (29192 posts) -

@illmatic87: Yeah I'm finally hitting those numbers with better heirs

#1778 Edited by Blabadon (29192 posts) -

@commonfate: Co-op with me sometime, I'm like SL12 I think

#1779 Posted by parkurtommo (28177 posts) -

Aw yis I just completed Tomb Raider 100%. Now I get my platinum... Right?

Steam? Gaben? Where is my platinum?

Sony>>>>>>>>>Valve

#1781 Posted by illmatic87 (15719 posts) -

@parkurtommo said:

Aw yis I just completed Tomb Raider 100%. Now I get my platinum... Right?

Steam? Gaben? Where is my platinum?

Sony>>>>>>>>>Valve

I'd take trading cards with a monetary value over provably worthless trophies any day of the week

#1782 Edited by Technoweirdo (7368 posts) -
@TheGuardian03 said:

Can anyone tell me if soul sacrefice is any good?

Soul Sacrifice is a monster-hunting game sans the exploration/gathering aspect, focusing purely on the fighting. Good idea in theory, but that just means you'll be fighting the same monsters again and again within a smaller time span. Weapons being simplistic doesn't help matters. Game doesn't try hard enough to encourage you to learn their nuances nor the monsters' for that matter, especially when projectile weapons happen to be broken-tier.

Delta brings in new content, updated mechanics to make melee more viable, and some balancing among other things. Can't tell you how much that makes things better though as I haven't played it.

@illmatic87 said:
I'd take trading cards with a monetary value over provably worthless trophies any day of the week

Capitalism, ho!

#1783 Edited by illmatic87 (15719 posts) -
@Blabadon said:

@illmatic87: Yeah I'm finally hitting those numbers with better heirs

Nice. But too bad the upgrades cost just as much and continue to increase :P.

Rogue Legacy has one of the most impressive and balanced 'economies' that I have come across in a game in awhile. I think it's Rogue Legacy's most underappreciated quality.

#1784 Posted by Demonjoe93 (9818 posts) -

Wasn't a speed run, but I 100%ed Crash one in about six hours.

#1787 Posted by PhazonBlazer (11997 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

I started playing Pikmin 3.

It's m first Pikmin game, so here are some impressions:

  • It's gorgeous
  • The controls are easy and streamlined, and the entire game appears to be one giant environmental puzzle
  • I like the concept, although I assume (hope?) it develops and becomes more nuanced later.

It sucks.

#1788 Posted by parkurtommo (28177 posts) -

@illmatic87 said:

@parkurtommo said:

Aw yis I just completed Tomb Raider 100%. Now I get my platinum... Right?

Steam? Gaben? Where is my platinum?

Sony>>>>>>>>>Valve

I'd take trading cards with a monetary value over provably worthless trophies any day of the week

The prestige though ;_;

#1789 Posted by lostrib (44531 posts) -

@parkurtommo said:

@illmatic87 said:

@parkurtommo said:

Aw yis I just completed Tomb Raider 100%. Now I get my platinum... Right?

Steam? Gaben? Where is my platinum?

Sony>>>>>>>>>Valve

I'd take trading cards with a monetary value over provably worthless trophies any day of the week

The prestige though ;_;

You can change your steam profile showcase to rarest achievements and it will show how many "perfect" games you have

#1790 Posted by Blabadon (29192 posts) -

@illmatic87 said:
@Blabadon said:

@illmatic87: Yeah I'm finally hitting those numbers with better heirs

Nice. But too bad the upgrades cost just as much and continue to increase :P.

Rogue Legacy has one of the most impressive and balanced 'economies' that I have come across in a game in awhile. I think it's Rogue Legacy's most underappreciated quality.

I love it. The RPG nature of it is so good. Fuck grindyass shit found elsewhere. Don't want to upgrade? Fuck you, you'll lose all/most of your coins.

It's awesome. Not Godlunky level yet but really awesome.

#1791 Posted by kitty (115063 posts) -

And my displayport came :)

http://i.imgur.com/5b4frG4.png

#1792 Posted by Ballroompirate (23926 posts) -

@kitty said:

And my displayport came :)

are those idle temps or full workload?

#1793 Posted by parkurtommo (28177 posts) -

@Ballroompirate said:

@kitty said:

And my displayport came :)

are those idle temps or full workload?

Obviously full workload, I mean my temps are around -10 so 40 already seems kind of dangerous for his PC jeez.

#1794 Posted by commonfate (13029 posts) -
@Ballroompirate said:

@kitty said:

And my displayport came :)

are those idle temps or full workload?

full workload. anything more than that and his entire rig would burn to ashes.

#1795 Posted by kitty (115063 posts) -

@commonfate said:
@Ballroompirate said:

@kitty said:

And my displayport came :)

are those idle temps or full workload?

full workload. anything more than that and his entire rig would burn to ashes.

:P Yeah I gotta watch out.

Forgot to change my ram back, so my timings are off, just noticed that.
It's 1333 default, but I usually have it OC'ed to 1600.

#1796 Edited by kitty (115063 posts) -
@Ballroompirate said:

@kitty said:

And my displayport came :)

are those idle temps or full workload?

lol.

I have multiple tabs open, my cpu is usually at 30c. Max is 100c. But it usually doesn't go passed the low-mid 60's. It's at 4.4ghz now and I had it at 4.7 before.

My gpu idle temps when up a bit, both are usually at 29/30c. But since I set up the third monitor, the idle jumped a bit to 39, which is fine. In games temps are the same.

Which it only peaks at 70c and the bottom 62c.

#1797 Edited by Ballroompirate (23926 posts) -

@commonfate said:
@Ballroompirate said:

@kitty said:

And my displayport came :)

are those idle temps or full workload?

full workload. anything more than that and his entire rig would burn to ashes.

wtf cause this is a full workload on mine (the GPU actually tops out at 81)

#1798 Edited by parkurtommo (28177 posts) -

@kitty said:
@Ballroompirate said:

@kitty said:

And my displayport came :)

are those idle temps or full workload?

lol.

I have multiple tabs open, my cpu is usually at 30c. Max is 100c. But it usually doesn't go passed the low-mid 60's. It's at 4.4ghz now and I had it at 4.7 before.

My gpu idle temps when up a bit, both are usually at 29/30c. But since I set up the third monitor, the idle jumped a bit to 39, which is fine. In games temps are the same.

Which it only peaks at 70c and the bottom 62c.

What's the advantage of overclocking an already apt cpu? Like in my case my cpu never goes past 50 at max load, so Icould easily overclock it I think... But I see no reason yet cause my gpu is not even close to making a bottlenecking situation.

#1799 Posted by parkurtommo (28177 posts) -

@Ballroompirate said:

@commonfate said:
@Ballroompirate said:

@kitty said:

And my displayport came :)

are those idle temps or full workload?

full workload. anything more than that and his entire rig would burn to ashes.

wtf cause this is a full workload on mine (the GPU actually tops out at 81)

We're joking with ya meng :P

It's obviously idle. I mean that's literally only a few degrees above room temperature, to get temps like that at max load would need water cooling or some really powerful third party fans/heatsinks everywhere.

#1800 Edited by kitty (115063 posts) -

@parkurtommo said:

What's the advantage of overclocking an already apt cpu? Like in my case my cpu never goes past 50 at max load, so Icould easily overclock it I think... But I see no reason yet cause my gpu is not even close to making a bottlenecking situation.

You can get more fps out of it. I don't think my current cpu would bottleneck these cards :P but my other one did.

But I got all around improvements when I switched to this cpu.
I need ram for my other computer (old) and I'll show you the differences once I get it.