System Wars Lounge V47: The 60FPS 1080P Edition

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by commonfate (12355 posts) -

@pyratrum said:

@jg4xchamp said:

@pyratrum said:

@bldgirsh said:

Destiny can't do it. What hope does the next-gen systems have now?

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

That game is going to be so fucking good.

Hell yeah it is. Just rewatched the E3 gameplay demo yesterday and I can't wait to fill my Mother Base with herds of goats.

I'm slightly disappointed that it's cross-gen though. Despite all the PR bullshit, we all know it still has to cater to the lowest common denominator on some level.

MGSV Phantom Pain and Bloodborne in March = justification of PS4 purchase

Ground Zeroes still looked dope on the PS4 tho.

#52 Posted by PyratRum (561 posts) -

@commonfate said:

@pyratrum said:

@jg4xchamp said:

@pyratrum said:

@bldgirsh said:

Destiny can't do it. What hope does the next-gen systems have now?

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

That game is going to be so fucking good.

Hell yeah it is. Just rewatched the E3 gameplay demo yesterday and I can't wait to fill my Mother Base with herds of goats.

I'm slightly disappointed that it's cross-gen though. Despite all the PR bullshit, we all know it still has to cater to the lowest common denominator on some level.

MGSV Phantom Pain and Bloodborne in March = justification of PS4 purchase

Ground Zeroes still looked dope on the PS4 tho.

Nearly forgot about Bloodborne. Hope it lives up to the Souls pedigree.

I convinced my casual gaming buddy to download Dark Souls on GwG last month and it's been a pretty hilarious experience. Whenever we hang out or at work, he's constantly bitching about how hard it is. I'll random texts all the time on "how the fuck do I kill this dude/boss/get pass this area!?" I finally showed him where the Drake Sword was to ease up his experience so he doesn't give up XD

#53 Posted by XVision84 (13632 posts) -

Have 2 spare Destiny PS4 beta codes for north america only (wont work for europe as far as I know). Anybody want?

#54 Posted by clyde46 (46248 posts) -

Anyone here good with photoshop?

#55 Edited by Cheleman (7668 posts) -

@XVision84:

ur mum XV, ur fucking mum.

also where've you been N word?

#56 Posted by Ballroompirate (22900 posts) -

@bldgirsh said:

@Ballroompirate: Thanks. It means a lot from someone who has 22k posts your insight is truly inspirational. If I were a cow like you I too would rage when someone tells me the truth.

Too bad I'm not a cow, nor a sheep nor a lemming.

#57 Posted by Cheleman (7668 posts) -

@PhazonBlazer:

great lounge sir btw

*tips fedora*

#58 Posted by Ballroompirate (22900 posts) -

@inb4uall: Did you want a sig with just all of the classes in T2 or just a specific class?

#59 Edited by Demonjoe93 (9582 posts) -

I nearly jizzed myself when I found that second bottle on Link to the Past. Makes the game so much easier. I should start paying the fortune teller visits more often, lol.

#60 Posted by inb4uall (5711 posts) -

@Ballroompirate said:

@inb4uall: Did you want a sig with just all of the classes in T2 or just a specific class?

just all of the classes. It would be cool if It said Torchlight 2. :P

#61 Edited by Xaero_Gravity (8737 posts) -

I've got 6 PS4 Destiny Beta codes if anyone needs some. Just message me and I'll PM you one.

#62 Posted by TheGuardian03 (21724 posts) -

@XVision84 said:

Have 2 spare Destiny PS4 beta codes for north america only (wont work for europe as far as I know). Anybody want?

Where have you been XV? busy with school? How are you?

#63 Posted by TheGuardian03 (21724 posts) -

Do i have to be a PS+ subscriber to play destiny beta?

#64 Edited by Xaero_Gravity (8737 posts) -

@TheGuardian03 said:

If it's anything like the Alpha, a PlayStation Plus membership is needed for cooperative or competitive encounters, but not for the story-based content which you can do solo.

#65 Posted by XVision84 (13632 posts) -
@TheGuardian03 said:

@XVision84 said:

@Cheleman said:

@XVision84:

Hey guys, yeah I've been really busy with school and other stuff lately. It all sort of just piled on and I slowly drifted away from GameSpot. I'm good though :). How're you guys?

#66 Posted by XVision84 (13632 posts) -

@Xaero_Gravity said:

@TheGuardian03 said:

If it's anything like the Alpha, a PlayStation Plus membership is needed for cooperative or competitive encounters, but not for the story-based content which you can do solo.

You can play the story missions with friends without PS Plus from my experience (I don't have PS Plus), but I don't know about competitive. Probably can't do that, like Xaero said.

#67 Posted by Xaero_Gravity (8737 posts) -

@XVision84 said:

@Xaero_Gravity said:

@TheGuardian03 said:

You can play the story missions with friends without PS Plus from my experience (I don't have PS Plus), but I don't know about competitive. Probably can't do that, like Xaero said.

Ah cool, glad they changed it.

You're not missing out on anything by not doing the PvP. It's easily the worst part of Destiny so far, which really bums me out. D:

#68 Posted by TheGuardian03 (21724 posts) -

@Xaero_Gravity: thanks for the answer my friend.

@XVision84: glad you're doing well my friend, keep up the good work.

Now can anyone give me a code, please? :D

#69 Posted by parkurtommo (27018 posts) -

@XVision84 said:
@TheGuardian03 said:

@XVision84 said:

@Cheleman said:

@XVision84:

Hey guys, yeah I've been really busy with school and other stuff lately. It all sort of just piled on and I slowly drifted away from GameSpot. I'm good though :). How're you guys?

lol more like you started playing DOTA 2.

#70 Posted by TheGuardian03 (21724 posts) -

Thanks guys. gonna go and download it.

#71 Edited by Ballroompirate (22900 posts) -

@inb4uall: Here you go, make sure you save it to tumblr, your computer or w/e, I usually clean out my photoshop folder every few months.

#72 Posted by inb4uall (5711 posts) -

@Ballroompirate said:

@inb4uall: Here you go, make sure you save it to tumblr, your computer or w/e, I usually clean out my photoshop folder every few months.

Sweet! Thanks man!

#73 Posted by Ballroompirate (22900 posts) -

@inb4uall: np

#74 Posted by kitty (114729 posts) -

@inb4uall said:

Nice sig btw. :)
I saw your specs. Now I know why you have trouble playing anything other than indies at 1440. :P Assuming you weren't joking though. It's that dual core. While it's pretty good. It will seriously bottleneck you at that res. Your gpu, which is the same as mine, is capable of running that horrible watch_dogs at 1440 with good fps. So it has to be the cpu. But nice build you have there. Hope it is working out for you.

#75 Edited by inb4uall (5711 posts) -

@kitty said:

@inb4uall said:

I saw your specs. Now I know why you have trouble playing anything other than indies at 1440. :P Assuming you weren't joking though. It's that dual core. While it's pretty good. It will seriously bottleneck you at that res. Your gpu, which is the same as mine, is capable of running that horrible watch_dogs at 1440 with good fps. So it has to be the cpu. But nice build you have there. Hope it is working out for you.

It's a super budget build. the screen is definitely the nicest part of the build and that's because I got an insane deal. I pushed the budget as far as I could and really it's not a huge problem. Everything runs at 1080p and 60 frames which was my goal. The types of games I play are mainly indies. Battlefront, GTA V, and Far Cry 4 are the only demanding games on the horizon that I really want. Plus I can upgrade to a Quad core in the future if it's a huge issue.

What is your steam ID? :3

#76 Edited by getyeryayasout (7488 posts) -

Keef Riffhard clearing his stage with a swing of his Tele.

#77 Edited by charizard1605 (57615 posts) -

@Ballroompirate

Damn it, I just saw your post (I blame the broken notifications system lol). Anyway, just sent you some renders!

@LegatoSkyheart Really, at that point, what reason do I have left to own a non-Nintendo console?

#78 Posted by parkurtommo (27018 posts) -

@inb4uall said:

@kitty said:

@inb4uall said:

It's a super budget build. the screen is definitely the nicest part of the build and that's because I got an insane deal. I pushed the budget as far as I could and really it's not a huge problem. Everything runs at 1080p and 60 frames which was my goal. The types of games I play are mainly indies. Battlefront, GTA V, and Far Cry 4 are the only demanding games on the horizon that I really want. Plus I can upgrade to a Quad core in the future if it's a huge issue.

Upgrading/installing cpus is a pain in the ass lol.

How much did your cpu cost? I don't remember my i5 2500k being more than 250 (euros).

Also try overclocking once you encounter serious bottle necking. But definitely be very careful about that lol.

#79 Edited by inb4uall (5711 posts) -

@parkurtommo said:

@inb4uall said:

@kitty said:

@inb4uall said:

How much did your cpu cost? I don't remember my i5 2500k being more than 250 (euros).

Also try overclocking once you encounter serious bottle necking. But definitely be very careful about that lol.

I got a core i3 4330 for $105 with rebates and Fourth of July promotions.

#80 Posted by Ballroompirate (22900 posts) -

@charizard1605: I get working on that sig in a few

#81 Posted by charizard1605 (57615 posts) -

@Ballroompirate said:

@charizard1605: I get working on that sig in a few

Thanks breh, you're the best

#82 Posted by lostrib (36902 posts) -

I like how the thumbnail for Gamespot's Overclocking for Beginners is a picture of LN2 overclocking

#83 Posted by finalstar2007 (25182 posts) -

Now thats what i call an informative tutorial for building a gaming PC

#84 Posted by Ballroompirate (22900 posts) -

Sorry was paying attention to the msi on her chest throughout that video.

#85 Posted by illmatic87 (15253 posts) -
@finalstar2007 said:

haha wow.

That was hilariously corny in a so-bad-its-good way.

#86 Posted by kitty (114729 posts) -

I don't think that board is too much different from my current. I mean I have the G45 :P

But yes that lady is distracting lol.

#87 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (25326 posts) -

WiiU froze on me trying to beat Jirall on The Last Story. :(

#88 Posted by Desmonic (14031 posts) -

@LegatoSkyheart said:

lolWiiU. Can't even play Wii games properly :P

#89 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (25326 posts) -
@Desmonic said:

@LegatoSkyheart said:

Well Wii used to do that at times too. Guess the WiiU emulates Wii a little too well?

@finalstar2007 said:

*Video*

That was actually quite informative and "nice" to watch.

#90 Posted by Desmonic (14031 posts) -

@LegatoSkyheart said:
@Desmonic said:

@LegatoSkyheart said:

Well Wii used to do that at times too. Guess the WiiU emulates Wii a little too well?

Yeah, I'm sure that's it hehe XD

#91 Posted by parkurtommo (27018 posts) -

@inb4uall said:

@parkurtommo said:

@inb4uall said:

@kitty said:

@inb4uall said:

I got a core i3 4330 for $105 with rebates and Fourth of July promotions.

Hmm, I think you'll regret that decision eventually. You should have waited a bit to get the extra dough. It's not because of the clock speed because my cpu is 3.6 atm, it's the fact that it only has 2 cores and soon enough many games will benefit from hyper-threading more than you'd expect. The more cores you have, the more processing power you have and the more tasks it can perform because the OS will assign 2 virtual cores to each core, effectively giving you 4 and me 8 cores to work with, meaning the OS can give out more tasks simultaneously. I might be wrong.

#92 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (25326 posts) -

I decided that my Mouse and Keyboard are too boring.

I ordered this and it should come in tuesday.

http://www.amazon.com/CM-Storm-Devastator-Gaming-Keyboard/dp/B00DKXXAAQ/ref=pd_sim_e_5?ie=UTF8&refRID=0RVNM0QS243661TQM9ZP

The old mouse and keyboard are going to the "newer" PC build I'm doing.

#93 Posted by kitty (114729 posts) -

@LegatoSkyheart said:

I decided that my Mouse and Keyboard are too boring.

I ordered this and it should come in tuesday.

http://www.amazon.com/CM-Storm-Devastator-Gaming-Keyboard/dp/B00DKXXAAQ/ref=pd_sim_e_5?ie=UTF8&refRID=0RVNM0QS243661TQM9ZP

The old mouse and keyboard are going to the "newer" PC build I'm doing.

That's what me and @Ballroompirate have. I like it. :) I've had my set since feb. Only dislike is there is no way to turn the blue light on the mouse off, except by unplugging it. :P

#94 Posted by kitty (114729 posts) -
@inb4uall said:

My first build was a budget build. I was quite happy with what if offered, but as I learned more, I wanted better. :P But I'm jealous about the screen, wish I could get that lucky.
As long as it does what you want it to, and you are happy, that's all that matters imo. As for those games (Battlefront, GTA V, and Far Cry 4) some settings might have to be turned down. Not because the gpu can't handle it, but the bottleneck might give you a big problem. I know GTAV and Far Cry 4 will really make your cpu work.
GTAIV really depended on the cpu. Just going from my phenom II x4 965 @4.0ghz to this 4670k (even at stock) I gained x4 the fps, even with the enb enhancer mods. My gpu usage went from 22% to 99%. But yes you can, you'll love having a quad.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/ChikaHakozaki

#95 Posted by Ballroompirate (22900 posts) -

@kitty: I like the kb, I actually wish it came in green instead of blue. As for the mouse it squeaks a lot now with the mouse wheel...so I downgraded back to my crappy $9 logitech mouse.

#96 Edited by TheGuardian03 (21724 posts) -

@finalstar2007 said:

#97 Posted by kitty (114729 posts) -

@Ballroompirate said:

@kitty: I like the kb, I actually wish it came in green instead of blue. As for the mouse it squeaks a lot now with the mouse wheel...so I downgraded back to my crappy $9 logitech mouse.

Same, though I'd take red instead. :P Would be nice if you could change the colors like some other keyboards offer. My wheel does the same. :( I would use my old mouse, but I gave it to my mom when I set up a computer for her to use.

#98 Posted by Blabadon (26305 posts) -

Best four of these?

Kirby Triple Deluxe

Yoshi's New Island

Tomodachi Life

Bravely Default

Mario Golf World Tour

Mario Party Island Tour

Disney Magical World

#99 Posted by TheGuardian03 (21724 posts) -

Kirby is a must blabadon.

Yoshi is crap from what i hear so i didn't play it.

Bravely default had good art and music and gameplay was also good but i haven't finished it. i heard the game drops in quality on chapter 4 or something. i haven't reached there yet though.

#100 Posted by inb4uall (5711 posts) -
@Blabadon said:

Best four of these?

Kirby Triple Deluxe

Yoshi's New Island

Tomodachi Life

Bravely Default

Mario Golf World Tour

Mario Party Island Tour

Disney Magical World

Kirby and BRavely Default for sure.