System Wars Lounge V47: The 60FPS 1080P Edition

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#601 Posted by charizard1605 (58294 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@charizard1605 said:

@shadowchronicle said:

I wish they would make an HD remake of P3 instead of putting on psp. It would've been better on vita.

I just wish we could have a definitive edition of Persona 3. Each version adds some stuff, then removes other things. It's almost Pokemon-esque.

do you think P5 will come to vita?

In like four years, yes. Atlus knows it can get users to double dip, they'd be stupid not to try it.

#602 Edited by Shadowchronicle (26039 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@charizard1605 said:

@shadowchronicle said:

I wish they would make an HD remake of P3 instead of putting on psp. It would've been better on vita.

I just wish we could have a definitive edition of Persona 3. Each version adds some stuff, then removes other things. It's almost Pokemon-esque.

do you think P5 will come to vita?

From what I've heard it is only coming out on PS3 but likely that it will be ported to the vita eventually. If it doesn't it would be a little weird.

Also sure chaz, if it comes out anytime in the future. >.>

I think FES is better than P3P. Just my personal opinion but it has more plot relevant stuff in it while P3P excels in having a female MC that opens up new s. links. P3P has more stuff to do because of that but the experience is pretty much the same as playing the male mc except you get love love dialogue from Akihiko and his friend along with Junpei. I mean if you're into that lostrib. Maybe you do like BL.

#603 Posted by charizard1605 (58294 posts) -

@shadowchronicle: You know what, I'll take P3V on 3DS as well. Call it Persona 3(D) Edition.

#604 Posted by Shadowchronicle (26039 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

@shadowchronicle: You know what, I'll take P3V on 3DS as well. Call it Persona 3(D) Edition.

I'd like that. I need more boxart for my 3DS collection. It really is quite empty right now because I haven't been getting much for it. I'm okay with this.

#605 Edited by charizard1605 (58294 posts) -

@shadowchronicle: I have 151 games played on my 3DS...

#606 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (25625 posts) -

@charizard1605: dude it would just be P3P all over again. I'd rather have The Persona Ultimate Collection for PS3 to coincide with Persona 5 that has Persona 1 (PSP remake), Persona 2 Innocent Sin and Eternal Punishment (PSP Remakes), Persona 3 FES (with P3P elements), Persona 4 Golden, AND Persona 4 Ultimate Suplex Hold ANDPersona Q all in one package set that looks like the Compendium that comes with the Complete Master Art Work of the Series and Developer Commentary.
All for the awesome price of $149.99 USD.

Of course that would NEVER happen because Atlus is pretty cheap company.

#607 Edited by Shadowchronicle (26039 posts) -

My 3DS collection has been lacking because I forget to buy for it. But I'm not worried about the amount I have on it because I've been enjoying the games on it. Fire Emblem Awakening alone clocked me in 100+ hours.

#608 Posted by Shadowchronicle (26039 posts) -

http://www.theverge.com/2014/7/26/5940877/guardians-of-the-galaxy-2-announced-releasing-july-2017

Wtf they're already thinking about a sequel....

#609 Edited by LegatoSkyheart (25625 posts) -

@shadowchronicle: 100% on Rotten Tomatoes. This Movie has some dang Confidence I tell you.

#610 Edited by lostrib (37787 posts) -

@LegatoSkyheart said:

@shadowchronicle: 100% on Rotten Tomatoes. This Movie has some dang Confidence I tell you.

And considering how marvel super hero movies have been going, it's really not surprising they're already planning another one

#611 Posted by Shadowchronicle (26039 posts) -

I mean I'm excited for it too.

But wow already that early it is announced.

#612 Posted by kitty (114805 posts) -

I need a DVI-D connector and I could run 3 1080p monitors.
I wonder how games would look at 5760 x 1080

#613 Posted by Shadowchronicle (26039 posts) -

I wouldn't mind it looking that way except there's two gaps between the monitors. I'd just connect my pic to the TV in my room by HDMI

#614 Posted by TheGuardian03 (21805 posts) -

MGS GZ 60 fps is perfection. only thing i do not like about the visual is the textures and some shadows. you can see it's a last gen game made.

how i wish it looked as good as infamous.

#615 Edited by illmatic87 (15293 posts) -
@charizard1605 said:

I've been playing too much Sims lately...

That game is cursed.

It's one of those games where you play, it feels like it's only been 30 mins, but then you look at the time and 4 hours have passed. It's worse than playing Minecraft proper in that regard.

I am still keen on the new one. I dont mind no pools or toddlers. The new customization stuff looks great and I like what they're doing to the time mechanic. But the franchise still hasnt really addressed the biggest problems with it, which is making activities more active, instead of it being a moment of waiting and downtime.

#616 Posted by illmatic87 (15293 posts) -

@LegatoSkyheart said:

How in the world did Arc Rise Fantasia become one of the Wii's most Expensive games?

to put this in perspective. Xenoblade Chronicles is Cheaper.

Rarity.

Collectors value it more and likely already own Xenoblade.

#617 Posted by Ballroompirate (23052 posts) -

@shadowchronicle said:

http://www.theverge.com/2014/7/26/5940877/guardians-of-the-galaxy-2-announced-releasing-july-2017

Wtf they're already thinking about a sequel....

Um yea they planned for it awhile ago. If they ever do Thanos and the infinity gauntlet they need the GoG and probably Nova.

#618 Posted by kitty (114805 posts) -

@shadowchronicle said:

I wouldn't mind it looking that way except there's two gaps between the monitors. I'd just connect my pic to the TV in my room by HDMI

yeah that kinda sucks, but i suppose you get used to them.

#619 Posted by kitty (114805 posts) -
@illmatic87 said:

@LegatoSkyheart said:

How in the world did Arc Rise Fantasia become one of the Wii's most Expensive games?

Rarity.

jeez when did this happen? I've got two sealed copies.

#620 Posted by Shadowchronicle (26039 posts) -

I find particularly with wii games that people want to sell them at unreasonable prices when they become rare.

#621 Edited by TheGuardian03 (21805 posts) -

Now that i finished Second Son. the goody two shoes act is going away on the second playthrough.

Oh and yes i give it a 8.5, very enjoyable and the third power is the best

#622 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (25625 posts) -

@kitty said:
@illmatic87 said:

@LegatoSkyheart said:

Rarity.

jeez when did this happen? I've got two sealed copies.

That's what I asked. Apparently it ranges from prices like $60, $80, whatever and that's new. It was not like this a year ago

#623 Posted by charizard1605 (58294 posts) -

@illmatic87 said:
@charizard1605 said:

I've been playing too much Sims lately...

That game is cursed.

It's one of those games where you play, it feels like it's only been 30 mins, but then you look at the time and 4 hours have passed. It's worse than playing Minecraft proper in that regard.

I am still keen on the new one. I dont mind no pools or toddlers. The new customization stuff looks great and I like what they're doing to the time mechanic. But the franchise still hasnt really addressed the biggest problems with it, which is making activities more active, instead of it being a moment of waiting and downtime.

I am definitely going to pick up Sims 4 eventually, but so far, it seems very regressive to me. Never mind the toddlers or the pools- simple things like the neighborhood, or non residential lots, being gone is rubbing me off the wrong way.

#624 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (25625 posts) -

@charizard1605: Yeah wait a year for Sims 4 as far as EA games are concerned for now.

EA LOVES to screw over Early Adopters.

#625 Posted by charizard1605 (58294 posts) -

Mother. F*cker.

Avengers who?

#626 Posted by Shadowchronicle (26039 posts) -

@charizard1605: neighborhoods and residential lots being gone but people complain about a drain pool and some babies??!

#627 Posted by mems_1224 (47289 posts) -

#628 Edited by Blabadon (26666 posts) -

Xbox 360 4GB Slim models are trading in for $293 without a controller at Best Buy

#629 Posted by darkspineslayer (19811 posts) -

@charizard1605: Persona 3 Velvet only exists in your head. Let it go. They are moving on.

#630 Posted by Ballroompirate (23052 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

OH MY GOD

Season 3 needs to get here asap

#631 Posted by lundy86_4 (43567 posts) -

Dat trailer. I wonder who they cast as Ra's al Ghul.

#632 Posted by SYSTEM-REBOOT (646 posts) -

@lundy86_4 said:

Dat trailer. I wonder who they cast as Ra's al Ghul.

ra's al ghul is most interesting villian aside from joker. much better than penguin.

#633 Edited by Gue1 (10223 posts) -

#634 Edited by SYSTEM-REBOOT (646 posts) -

@Gue1 said:

what you didnot read?

#635 Posted by CrownKingArthur (4895 posts) -

he'll just be sharing a hilarious animated photograph

#636 Posted by bbkkristian (14957 posts) -

What's your opinion on Shadow the Hedgehog, the game?

#637 Posted by TheGuardian03 (21805 posts) -

So the gunplay in MGS GZ is worse than MGS4.

You can't play dead or camouflage.

you can't knock on things to make sound to draw enemies.

Voice acting is the worst. MGS 1,3 and 4 still have the best voice acting in the series.

that "kept you waiting huh" at the start me me cringe. bring back Hayter.

you can't hide in closets or in the big trash bins.

it's so serious it's no longer metal gear.

people hate too much on MGS4. i love the character and cutscenes in that game.

overall i do like it better than MGS4 but just a little bit more.

#638 Posted by commonfate (12471 posts) -

Curious as to how any of yall are organizing your Steam library. Decided to set up some new categories to organize my 150 games

• Laid to rest - Games I have no desire to play anymore for various reasons, betas that are still in my library, double copies (have two copies of San Andreas and Batman Arkham City for some reason)
  • Multiplayer - Obvious
  • Replay - Games that I either have finished on the PC or finished on consoles first and bought again. Just in case I get the urge to gun things down again in Max Payne 3 or solve some user made puzzles from Portal 2
  • Backlog - Obvious
  • Endless Value - Skyrim, Birth of Issac, strategy games, etc
#639 Posted by Shadowchronicle (26039 posts) -

I don't organize my library because I'm lazy.

#640 Posted by parkurtommo (27254 posts) -

@commonfate said:

Curious as to how any of yall are organizing your Steam library. Decided to set up some new categories to organize my 150 games

• Laid to rest - Games I have no desire to play anymore for various reasons, betas that are still in my library, double copies (have two copies of San Andreas and Batman Arkham City for some reason)
  • Multiplayer - Obvious
  • Replay - Games that I either have finished on the PC or finished on consoles first and bought again. Just in case I get the urge to gun things down again in Max Payne 3 or solve some user made puzzles from Portal 2
  • Backlog - Obvious
  • Endless Value - Skyrim, Birth of Issac, strategy games, etc

I organize them by genre. It's a little unreliable at times when there are genre nuances like in a lot of high budget action adventure games. But it works for the most part. I memorize where the games I'm playing are anyways and when I can't find a game I just search for it. Never in my life did I think I would actually require a search bar to find a game in MY OWN LIBRARY.

#641 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (25625 posts) -

I'm going to start playing Payday 2.

This will be the first time playing the Payday franchise.

Oh and Payday The Heist is going to be Free on Oct. 18.

http://www.overkillsoftware.com/crimefest/

#642 Posted by Ballroompirate (23052 posts) -

The new Mad Max film looks like it can be awesome but I'm not a fan of how they made Max into a sissy ....

#643 Edited by TheGuardian03 (21805 posts) -

I was right, Joel looks like an older drake. btw the graphics look great.

#644 Posted by Demonjoe93 (9631 posts) -

@bbkkristian said:

It's not as horrible as what people make it out to be.

#645 Posted by charizard1605 (58294 posts) -

I should maybe organize my Steam library...

#646 Posted by lostrib (37787 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

I should maybe organize my Steam library...

I don't think that's possible

#647 Posted by Shadowchronicle (26039 posts) -

@bbkkristian said:

Its a lot better than Sonic 06 but that isn't saying much. I thought it was OKAY. It wasn't dropdead terrible to me like it was for other people. I would give it around a 6/7.

#648 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (25625 posts) -

@charizard1605: I thought about doing that as well. But for some strange reason I like it cluttered.

#649 Posted by inb4uall (5806 posts) -

Fable One is ugly as sin. Holy shit.

#650 Posted by Shadowchronicle (26039 posts) -

@inb4uall said:

Fable One is ugly as sin. Holy shit.

Do you think its fun though?