System Wars Lounge V46: E3 Mania Edition! 2.0

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#751 Posted by Demonjoe93 (9594 posts) -

Okay, so Braid is growing on me a little bit. The story is really pretentious though.

#752 Posted by Blabadon (26335 posts) -

@Demonjoe93 said:

Okay, so Braid is growing on me a little bit. The story is really pretentious though.

No.

Braid's hard as fuck for me though.

#753 Posted by LadyBlue (3928 posts) -

OT is too flatulent.

#754 Posted by lostrib (36970 posts) -

Legend of Korra: Book 3 premieres in a week

#755 Posted by LadyBlue (3928 posts) -

How did you lose your rib?

#756 Posted by Demonjoe93 (9594 posts) -

@Blabadon said:

@Demonjoe93 said:

No.

Maybe pretentious is the wrong word; I don't know. Like, I feel like it's a souped-up version of the basic premise of Mario's usual story line with really descriptive sentences of how Tim feels and all.

At first I found the game really hard, but once I get a hang of the time manipulation thing, the game isn't so bad, although world 4 (the one where moving forward causes time to move forward and vice versa) was difficult at times.

#757 Posted by lundy86_4 (43423 posts) -

@lostrib said:

Still have to finish Book 2. My excitement tapered off a little, but hopefully Book 3 sparks it again.

#758 Posted by Desmonic (14064 posts) -

@PhazonBlazer said:

Anyone here played Season 2 of TWD?

How is it compared to the first season?

It's pretty cool. Especially if you have the save from the 1st season.

I feel it goes for a bit darker themes with Clementine then what we experienced with Lee in the first one.

#759 Edited by darkspineslayer (19689 posts) -

I am so lost trying to build a PC. Any suggestions on how to build something decent without going that far north of $700?

#760 Posted by Blabadon (26335 posts) -

@darkspineslayer: What specs are you aiming for? The GTX 750Ti is something you may want to look at if the specs appeal to you.

#761 Edited by darkspineslayer (19689 posts) -

@Blabadon said:

@darkspineslayer: What specs are you aiming for? The GTX 750Ti is something you may want to look at if the specs appeal to you.

I would settle for games running smoothly at about PS4 level. I have no idea what I need to do that.

As i understand it, the important things to consider are the case, CPU, Motherboard, Memory, Video card, storage and power supply. any tips?

#762 Posted by Blabadon (26335 posts) -

That might have been super's best post ever.

#763 Posted by Blabadon (26335 posts) -

@darkspineslayer: I'll help you on Steam

#764 Edited by PhazonBlazer (11847 posts) -

Does State of Decay require a good PC to play?

#765 Edited by Ballroompirate (22906 posts) -

@PhazonBlazer said:

Does State of Decay require a good PC to play?

No

It's fun as hell though, I've put 46 hours into it, mostly with the DLC Breakdown while Lifeline has potential to be decent if they can fix some bugs.

Hell you can get both DLC's and the game for $6 over at the steam sale, pssh get it.

#766 Posted by commonfate (12384 posts) -

@Animal-Mother: If you still have that copy up for grabs I'll take it.

#767 Posted by PhazonBlazer (11847 posts) -

I don't think I even have you on Steam BRP, what's your steam name?

#768 Edited by nintendoboy16 (26710 posts) -

@ladyblue said:

Do you play MK?

I haven't gotten MK9 yet.

I've already played a Tekken from last gen (Tag 2) and I just got to a Street Fighter (SSFIV AE) from that same gen. I do wish to get a Mortal Kombat and Soul Calibur game on the 360 soon.

#769 Edited by 93BlackHawk93 (5529 posts) -
@nintendoboy16 said:

So, some people want Rayman in SSB. I don't think he'd belong, I'll be honest (and after the Legends fiasco, I doubt he ever will).

He'd fit better in a PSASBR sequel than a Smash sequel.

I'm still waiting for Shulk, Isaac, Chrom and Fabulous Lord Debbie; also for Ness and Lucas to not be cut out.

#770 Posted by Zassimick (6540 posts) -

I generally have a problem reading through books. I don't know what it is, I'm slow and I lose focus a lot of the time and find myself having to go back and re-read large chunks of pages that I wasn't paying attention to while reading. Just got a Kindle though and I'm kind of amazed at how much it has helped me. I'm actually excited to read and finding it a lot easier. I blame video games for this. Growing up with handhelds and controllers, it feels more natural having something electronic in my hands. :P

Also, I thought Kirby: Triple Deluxe was overrated by a lot of reviewers. MGS: Ground Zeroes is pretty awesome, what I've played thus far. And Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 is interesting at the moment, like there are things I love about it but I'm skeptical because of all the criticisms I've heard. We'll have to see how it goes.

#771 Posted by 93BlackHawk93 (5529 posts) -
@lostrib said:

Is LoK as good as TLA?

#772 Posted by PhazonBlazer (11847 posts) -

@93BlackHawk93 said:
@lostrib said:

Is LoK as good as TLA?

TLA is a classic, but Korra stands up really well...most of the time

#773 Posted by darkspineslayer (19689 posts) -
@Zassimick said:

I generally have a problem reading through books. I don't know what it is, I'm slow and I lose focus a lot of the time and find myself having to go back and re-read large chunks of pages that I wasn't paying attention to while reading. Just got a Kindle though and I'm kind of amazed at how much it has helped me. I'm actually excited to read and finding it a lot easier. I blame video games for this. Growing up with handhelds and controllers, it feels more natural having something electronic in my hands. :P

Also, I thought Kirby: Triple Deluxe was overrated by a lot of reviewers. MGS: Ground Zeroes is pretty awesome, what I've played thus far. And Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 is interesting at the moment, like there are things I love about it but I'm skeptical because of all the criticisms I've heard. We'll have to see how it goes.

Kirby was a goddamn triumph

#774 Edited by Ballroompirate (22906 posts) -

@PhazonBlazer said:

I don't think I even have you on Steam BRP, what's your steam name?

panzerdeathknight

#775 Posted by Zassimick (6540 posts) -

@darkspineslayer said:
@Zassimick said:

Also, I thought Kirby: Triple Deluxe was overrated by a lot of reviewers.

Kirby was a goddamn triumph

:P I bought it so I could play something easy, carefree and enjoyable. And while that's exactly what I got at the beginning, it really lost it's spark later on and it was what it was, unchanging. To some that's a good thing but even for a short game I thought it wasn't enough.

Overall a solid 6/10.

#776 Posted by PhazonBlazer (11847 posts) -

Can this PC run games like Borderlands 2 and State of Decay (it's pretty old)

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU 540 @ 3.07GHz

RAM: 6.1 GB

Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 5450

#777 Posted by Seabas989 (10280 posts) -

Edge of Tomorrow was surprisingly awesome.

#778 Posted by illmatic87 (15257 posts) -

@PhazonBlazer said:

Can this PC run games like Borderlands 2 and State of Decay (it's pretty old)

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU 540 @ 3.07GHz

RAM: 6.1 GB

Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 5450

That's actually a pretty solid PC once you change the videocard, it's holding your PC back a little. State of Decay should be fine on that though. Borderlands 2 should run, but you probably wont get great performance. You should be able to run it at low settings and get good frames out of it though.

#779 Edited by super600 (30659 posts) -

It looks like a certain ubisoft game may be downgraded. Guess what game it will be?

Some rumor was posted about it recently.

#780 Posted by illmatic87 (15257 posts) -

@Blabadon said:

@Demonjoe93 said:

No.

I can always accept people saying the story flew over their head, or any claims thrown towards Jonathan Blow himself. But I can never accept the those that call what is otherwise, an excellent puzzle game to be pretentious as a whole.

The ending was clever and pretty much communicated what it set out to do very clearly.

@darkspineslayer said:

I am so lost trying to build a PC. Any suggestions on how to build something decent without going that far north of $700?

Aim around

CPU: Intel Pentium G3420

Motherboard: ASRock H81M or equivalent

RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 Ram sticks

HDD: 1TB Hard Drive + 1x 128GB Samsung/intel SSD

GPU: 2GB Nvidia GTX750

Power Supply: 500W - never cut corners on this one and get one from a reputable brand

This will bring you in the $500-$700 range

#781 Posted by R3FURBISHED (10567 posts) -

Took a lap of the Ring in Forza 5, damn I forgot how good that game is! (the driving, sounds and laser scanned tracks that is)

#782 Posted by nintendoboy16 (26710 posts) -

@super600: The Division? Assassin's Creed?

#783 Posted by super600 (30659 posts) -

@nintendoboy16 said:

@super600: The Division? Assassin's Creed?

According to a rumor from this site it's the division.

http://whatifgaming.com/the-division-developer-insider-we-already-downgraded-a-few-things

I don't think you should trust this site, but a downgrade may happen for this game eventually.

#784 Posted by Blabadon (26335 posts) -

@Zassimick: Goddamit, I was thinking about picking Kirby up soon.

If fucking IGN was right, I'm gonna be ticked.

#785 Posted by Zassimick (6540 posts) -

@Blabadon: I hadn't even checked out IGN's review of the game till now. Aside from it being rather poorly written I agreed with a lot of the points. The lack of difficulty isn't what bothered me, it was just that hardly anything changed throughout. I wasn't planning on being critical on the game at all when playing but it just left a lot to be desired.

I hope that others enjoy the game more than I did though.

#786 Posted by lostrib (36970 posts) -

@illmatic87 said:

@darkspineslayer said:

Aim around

CPU: Intel Pentium G3420

Motherboard: ASRock H81M or equivalent

RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 Ram sticks

HDD: 1TB Hard Drive + 1x 128GB Samsung/intel SSD

GPU: 2GB Nvidia GTX750

Power Supply: 500W - never cut corners on this one and get one from a reputable brand

This will bring you in the $500-$700 range

Drop the SSD for a better GPU.

#787 Posted by darkspineslayer (19689 posts) -

@lostrib: I assume the SSD was for the OS. I like the idea of it, but would rather have the GPU. Would any problems arise from harvesting an old hard drive for the same purpose?

#788 Posted by Ballroompirate (22906 posts) -

@darkspineslayer said:

@lostrib: I assume the SSD was for the OS. I like the idea of it, but would rather have the GPU. Would any problems arise from harvesting an old hard drive for the same purpose?

Not having a SSD won't really matter, people usually use it for their OS or store huge games on it. That cash could be useful towards a better GPU, also don't forget about a case, OS and fans unless you're gonna re use them from a previous PC.

#789 Posted by Stevo_the_gamer (42883 posts) -

@Seabas989 said:

Edge of Tomorrow was surprisingly awesome.

Indeed, I was pleasantly surprised by it. One of the best films of the year.

#790 Edited by lostrib (36970 posts) -

@darkspineslayer said:

You would need to wipe the drive is all

#791 Edited by Ballroompirate (22906 posts) -

@Stevo_the_gamer: Godzilla and How to Train your Dragon 2 was a lot better

#792 Posted by Stevo_the_gamer (42883 posts) -

@Ballroompirate said:

@Stevo_the_gamer: Godzilla and How to Train your Dragon 2 was a lot better

Godzilla was good, but I still liked Edge a little bit more. I didn't really like Aaron Johnson's character.

#793 Posted by parkurtommo (27055 posts) -

@PhazonBlazer: Well, I'm not sure about low settings, but the game seems quite unoptimized on maximum/ultra high spec, I was getting really high dips, and my gpu was ALWAYS at 100% load. When you say good PC, I'm guessing you mean a dedicated gaming pc, I really don't know how optimized the lowest settings are, just that it consumes a lot more power than it should considering how simple the graphics are.

#794 Edited by mems_1224 (47139 posts) -

Man, all these bosses in Dark Souls so far have been easy as shit. So far the hardest thing I've faced are those annoying archers on the side of the building in anor londo. lol

#795 Edited by Blabadon (26335 posts) -

@mems_1224: You beat the Capra Demon? Right now I'm a bit stuck on the Bell Gargoyles.

#796 Posted by mems_1224 (47139 posts) -

@Blabadon said:

@mems_1224: You beat the Capra Demon? Right now I'm a bit stuck on the Bell Gargoyles.

Dude, Im waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay past that.

Im fighting the Bed of Chaos right now. I think I have one more main boss and 2-3 optional ones before the final boss after this one.

#797 Edited by parkurtommo (27055 posts) -

@Blabadon: All of the bosses are pretty easy if you have a phantom or 2 with you.

That's why most people say Dark Souls is not a hard game. Because it really isn't. However some people like to solo shit and that's just outright masochism.

#798 Posted by commonfate (12384 posts) -

@Blabadon said:

Use the lightning shards you should have found earlier in the game. Makes the Capra Demon and Bell Gargoyles rather simple.

#799 Posted by lostrib (36970 posts) -

Wait, they seriously make you repeat the same level twice in UC2 (opening train scene)? wtf

#800 Posted by Desmonic (14064 posts) -

Soooooooooo............... the first Witcher is utter shit. Granted it's from 2007(?) but damn, it did not age well. At all.