System Wars Lounge V46: E3 Mania Edition! 2.0

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#651 Posted by TheGuardian03 (21236 posts) -

Dishounered was good, loved blinking behind someone and choking them. Did a whole playthrough without getting cought. Tried to get back a few monthes ago and man i sucked ass. Same with hitman absolution, i spent so much time with these two games i became a grandmaster but when i got back i lost all the knowledge and experience i gained and became rusty and had to play a little while before i became good again. I remember choking people, throwing them in closets, basically owning the game, good times.

Played xenoblade for about 10 hours yesterday. Amazing game, so much quality content and great characters and not even finished, level 33 now. Game can be very challanging at times and you just want to get better. Very enjoyable game and rank it in the top 5 games of all times.

#652 Posted by Blabadon (25189 posts) -

@lostrib: Yes, play this shit, it's quite fun. Not the best TPS, but it's unique in its own ways

#653 Posted by Blabadon (25189 posts) -
#654 Edited by illmatic87 (14948 posts) -

@TheGuardian03 said:

Very enjoyable game and rank it in the top 5 games of all times.

There's a good chance you wont be saying this once you've hit around 2/3rd of the way through. :P

#655 Posted by Technoweirdo (7023 posts) -

Is everyone playing Xenoblade these days? I know we just had Xenoblade X at E3, but still. o_0

@Blabadon said:

I still haven't opened my copy of Xenoblade lol

Open it. Play it. Join the Xenoblade X hype train! :D

There's a good chance you wont be saying this once you've hit around 2/3rd of the way through. :P

Only about 7 hours in myself, but I'm enjoying the goddamn MMO-like, never-ending sidequests. I don't know what they'd have to do to make me hate it, but I don't like this. D:

That is some grade A bad game design, if the player needs to restrict themselves from the abilities you gave them, for the game to be at its best.

I wouldn't say Grade A bad lol, but yeah, it's something stealth games in general suffer from as they're designed to be beatable even with restrictions. Unrestricted, it gets even easier and in Dishonored's case, too damn easy from the sound of it if you're gonna freeze time and all you lose is the Blink-only achievement. Remove time freezing and the game'd be much more enjoyable for any playstyle.

im not talking about DLC.lucinas outfit is sex appeal and im guessing thats what draws alot of people to her.Just to let you know im not attacking her or anything just stating why I think a figure is made for her.I actually paired her up with the priest Libra in the game and it was pretty entertaining to see two polor opposites have a life and kid with one another.Though like I said tharja herself never really did anythign for me.

Her...outfit which you barely get to see in her 2D art and isn't exactly on best display in her 3D model (which you usually see when she's out to kill someone) due to the 3DS' capabilities? :P

Why you'd buy her figure could very well be just because it looks good, but why she got a figure in the first place has to do with her popularity which made making a figure of her feasible. Said popularity is not solely because of her looks. Far from it, I'd say. Helps that FE:A is the best-selling FE game by a long shot and that Nintendo's been more willing to let 3rd-parties use their IPs as of late.

#656 Posted by Blabadon (25189 posts) -

@Technoweirdo: Nah, the only thing I use my Wii for is occasional Just Dance. Poor thing, I need to softmod it sometime

#657 Posted by TheGuardian03 (21236 posts) -

@illmatic87: i can take a challange.:p

Gonna continue no matter what, love this game so much. Lvl39 right now and just exploring the world, its so big that i just wanna find strong enemies and try to beat them.

#658 Posted by TheGuardian03 (21236 posts) -

The soundtrack is amazing as well. This game is perfection, i spent an hour exploring and the waterfalls look so good. Huge draw distance.

Gonna continue now, will post about it later.

#659 Posted by finalfantasy94 (26157 posts) -

Is everyone playing Xenoblade these days? I know we just had Xenoblade X at E3, but still. o_0

@Blabadon said:

I still haven't opened my copy of Xenoblade lol

Open it. Play it. Join the Xenoblade X hype train! :D

@illmatic87 said:

Only about 7 hours in myself, but I'm enjoying the goddamn MMO-like, never-ending sidequests. I don't know what they'd have to do to make me hate it, but I don't like this. D:

@jg4xchamp said:
That is some grade A bad game design, if the player needs to restrict themselves from the abilities you gave them, for the game to be at its best.

I wouldn't say Grade A bad lol, but yeah, it's something stealth games in general suffer from as they're designed to be beatable even with restrictions. Unrestricted, it gets even easier and in Dishonored's case, too damn easy from the sound of it if you're gonna freeze time and all you lose is the Blink-only achievement. Remove time freezing and the game'd be much more enjoyable for any playstyle.

@finalfantasy94 said:

im not talking about DLC.lucinas outfit is sex appeal and im guessing thats what draws alot of people to her.Just to let you know im not attacking her or anything just stating why I think a figure is made for her.I actually paired her up with the priest Libra in the game and it was pretty entertaining to see two polor opposites have a life and kid with one another.Though like I said tharja herself never really did anythign for me.

Her...outfit which you barely get to see in her 2D art and isn't exactly on best display in her 3D model (which you usually see when she's out to kill someone) due to the 3DS' capabilities? :P

Why you'd buy her figure could very well be just because it looks good, but why she got a figure in the first place has to do with her popularity which made making a figure of her feasible. Said popularity is not solely because of her looks. Far from it, I'd say. Helps that FE:A is the best-selling FE game by a long shot and that Nintendo's been more willing to let 3rd-parties use their IPs as of late.

Im sorry I meant tharja character.I have no clue why I type lucina lol.You can eaasily see a pic online of her full outfit while the game was out plus just look at the figure that came out.Your telling me sex appeal and that outfit wasint a big reason why a figure was made :p.

#660 Posted by jg4xchamp (46610 posts) -

@jg4xchamp said:

I would argue it kind of is grade A bad, because you're not paying attention to how OP you made the player. And unlike something like Metal Gear, Mark of the Ninja, Splinter Cell in its prime, or Thief, there is no higher difficulty that takes advantage of the many things you have at your disposal to get the job done. Dishonored may have a "hard" mode, but shit is a total cake walk.

Regardless I found the game to be immensely satisfying to use all those abilities and tackling each objective to run up the body count. Felt like an actual assassin as oppose to the stuff in AssCreed(where you are more like a glorified knight). It works in tandem with the more open feel of the mission designs and game world in general. Plus finding clever ways to kill someone put some devilish grins on my face. Only major draw back of that is the whole the city goes into "chaos" and blah blah, which wasn't a major issue for me. But it does feel like such a stupid entry into a game, because it's basically

-Give you all this cool shit you can do
-Punish you for using all the cool shit you can do

#661 Posted by jg4xchamp (46610 posts) -

@jg4xchamp said:

Fuck yeah it is.

Binary Domain, the best dude bro game. Game with coop would have been dope as fuck. BIG BO THE GOAT, back me up here illmatic.

BIG BO

BIG BO

BIG BO

BIG BO

BIG BO

The real american hero!

Fuck yeah, we're never getting a successor though : (

#662 Edited by 93BlackHawk93 (5060 posts) -

@TheGuardian03: I guess you have met Melia?

Edit: Of course you have.

#663 Edited by Desmonic (12656 posts) -

Aonuma.

Stahp.

Stahp!

STAHP!

#664 Posted by Allicrombie (25085 posts) -

picked up Twisted Metal and PS All Stars Battle Royal for $5 each. Would have picked up MLB 13 but it was back at 19.99 =P

#665 Edited by Blabadon (25189 posts) -

@Allicrombie: If you get a Vita, you can play it on that as well.

#666 Posted by Allicrombie (25085 posts) -
#667 Posted by illmatic87 (14948 posts) -

Such a fun character to use. She has the most active skillset in terms of gameplay.

#668 Posted by TheGuardian03 (21236 posts) -

My main have always been shulk, i tried using dunban and ryen but prefered shulk, their attack do more damage than me, dunban can do 20k damage at times and ryen is always higher than me. I tried having shulk as back up and he was useless. Shulk as main and ryen and dunban as back up. Havent met this melia character yet. We'll see. Im just exploring and leveling right now in the forest level with the electric dinasour animals in there. Forgot the name of the area lol

#669 Posted by PhazonBlazer (11374 posts) -

Eyyy guys, it's mah birfday.

#670 Posted by 93BlackHawk93 (5060 posts) -
@93BlackHawk93 said:

Such a fun character to use. She has the most active skillset in terms of gameplay.

Such a strong character despite her tragedies. </3

#671 Posted by inb4uall (5123 posts) -
#672 Edited by illmatic87 (14948 posts) -

Wow, you've done a hell heap of sidequests and general killing. I dont recall being anywhere near as high level before Melia joined. Melia is a mix of damage and support with an element mechanic similar to DotA 2s Invoker, or to some extent, the system that makes up the core of Magicka.

I ended up benching Shulk. He's fun to use as alot of skills are off low cooldown, making more active and are positional/movement based. But he just became obsolete, or didnt really have much group dynamics going for him.

#673 Edited by finalstar2007 (24853 posts) -

picked up Twisted Metal and PS All Stars Battle Royal for $5 each. Would have picked up MLB 13 but it was back at 19.99 =P

Is Twisted Metal actually fun to play? it seem so boring to me when i watch gameplay videos of it.

i'll probably pick up Growlanser: Heritage Of War ( PS2 classic ) for $4 its currently on sale on PSN

#674 Posted by Desmonic (12656 posts) -

Happy birthday man! :D

#675 Posted by super600 (29949 posts) -

Happy Bday Phazon.

#676 Posted by blue_hazy_basic (27195 posts) -

Happy birthday Phazon old chap, jolly wot wot spiffing! *speaks in a @clyde46 accent*

#677 Posted by TheGuardian03 (21236 posts) -

@illmatic87: going to prison island now, met riki, melia.

Team is shulk as main and dunban with high agility back by crystals agility.

I replaced ryen with riki, is this a good idea?

#678 Edited by TheGuardian03 (21236 posts) -

@PhazonBlazer: happy birthday, my brother's birthday is today too hehe.

#679 Posted by Blabadon (25189 posts) -

Happy birthday Paul, have a good one bro. Shane Xenforo never worked out.

#680 Posted by LadyBlue (3645 posts) -

Di mi nombre!

.... Juansenberg! lol

Happy birthday Blazer

#681 Edited by lundy86_4 (42626 posts) -

Happy B'day, old fart.

#682 Edited by clyde46 (43490 posts) -

Lol Spain are out!

#683 Edited by Slashkice (12980 posts) -

Putting aside the post-plays I should get in a week, I'm still short 20 coins. orz

#684 Edited by clyde46 (43490 posts) -

Subtlety? Bah! I don't know the meaning!

#685 Posted by kitty (114294 posts) -

Putting aside the post-plays I should get in a week, I'm still short 20 coins. orz

I'm 40 coins short of plat ;-;

#686 Posted by super600 (29949 posts) -

I really hate the can we all agree threads on this board. And what happened to the front page of this board?

#687 Posted by darkspineslayer (19351 posts) -
#688 Posted by LadyBlue (3645 posts) -

Platinumed a week ago. I'm excited for this years crappy reward. :P

#689 Posted by PhazonBlazer (11374 posts) -

Sank you to everyone for ze birfday fishes

#690 Posted by 93BlackHawk93 (5060 posts) -

Sank you to everyone for ze birfday fishes

Sorry I'm late. HB!

#691 Edited by Technoweirdo (7023 posts) -

Ha, not even Gold. Doubt we'll ever get another figurine. Suppose an OST would be nice, perhaps of Mario Kart 8's (Just about any of Nintendo's games would suffice, really), but even that would be a bit too hopeful. Still, I pray those of you who hit Platinum status get something good this year.

#692 Posted by darkspineslayer (19351 posts) -

Ha, not even Gold. Doubt we'll ever get another figurine. Suppose an OST would be nice, perhaps of Mario Kart 8's (Just about any of Nintendo's games would suffice, really), but even that would be a bit too hopeful. Still, I pray those of you who hit Platinum status get something good this year.

I hit platinum forever ago. I would take just about anything, since they took off any good rewards from the site. My Hanafuda cards Q.Q.

What would be really cool is if platinum members could get a 3DS XL dock, since they sure as hell don't want to sell them.

#693 Posted by super600 (29949 posts) -

I hit gold awhile ago with my wiiu purchase. and the games I bought with it. I'm way past gold now. I have over 400 coins now.

#694 Posted by Allicrombie (25085 posts) -

I've been platinum for like a year now , never picked up any rewards.

#695 Edited by illmatic87 (14948 posts) -

Buy me a Wii-U.

pls.

#696 Posted by Elpresador-911 (154 posts) -
#697 Posted by Blabadon (25189 posts) -

Bruno Mars and Aloe Blacc were both excellent live.

#698 Posted by Technoweirdo (7023 posts) -
Buy me a Wii-U.

pls.

And possibly give you enough stars for a Peach Notebook? Fuck no. We don't get that here. Sure as hell not letting you get that. Besides, I don't have a Wii U myself. >.>

#699 Posted by illmatic87 (14948 posts) -

The stuff that will go into my pinkish-grey Peach Notebook will be straight up poetry.

#700 Edited by PannicAtack (20855 posts) -

So I got that "Sid Meier's Covert Action" game. Really old. Gonna take some studying the manual before I can penetrate.