System Wars Lounge V46: E3 Mania Edition! 2.0

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#601 Posted by NoirLamia777 (2126 posts) -

@Blabadon said:

@NoirLamia777: The game seems pointless so far tbh. Don't know when it'll be even a little bit fun.

Yea, I'm feeling the same. So much repeated square presses too with having to cut everything, tires my thumb out!

#602 Edited by Demonjoe93 (9517 posts) -

lolHeat.

#603 Posted by finalfantasy94 (26258 posts) -

@93BlackHawk93 said:
Tharja's awesome! I hope they include her and more FE characters for Amiibo.

How much did it cost?

Given the NFC functions of Amiibos, her inclusion would be...interesting, nevermind the more obscure / less popular characters. You wouldn't get much use out of them if they aren't in many games and in Tharja's case (or the majority of FE characters for that matter), she'll likely only ever be in one game in her own franchise.

Still, we -are- getting a Marth and Ike. Lucina's been hinted at too. Who knows?

Unrelated: Fire Emblem x Dynasty Warriors wouldn't be -too- crazy of a crossover.

@finalfantasy94 said:
dam thats alot for a figure.I have to love the character to spend that much.

You could buy Tharja Emblem: Awakening, fall in love with her (She's cute, sexy, hell of a sorceress, and pays more attention to me than Chrom ever has), then buy the figure OR you could just buy the damn figure already like you should. >:[ (But do buy Fire Emblem anyway because it's awesome)

@illmatic87 said:

It's all about Libra.

because b00bs

Maybe.

>.>

To be honest I never cared for tharja.Im guessing the only reason she got a figure was cause of sex appeal.

#604 Posted by Seabas989 (10046 posts) -

lol Heat but World Cup made me forget about the NBA Finals.

#605 Posted by Bigboi500 (29172 posts) -

Destiny is soo fuucking gooood! The shooting mechanics and guns feel great. They need to work on the high jumphing though, if you jump too high you're left hovering for a time and vulnerable to open attacks.

There's gonna be so much going on when the full game gets released. The alpha is pretty polished already so with tweaks to the beta and full game it's just gonna keep getting better and better.

#606 Posted by Blabadon (25701 posts) -

@Blabadon said:

@NoirLamia777: The game seems pointless so far tbh. Don't know when it'll be even a little bit fun.

Yea, I'm feeling the same. So much repeated square presses too with having to cut everything, tires my thumb out!

Okay, I played a bit more

How the fuck did this shit get a 9 here

#607 Posted by LadyBlue (3927 posts) -

I'll sit here & wait for your apology Desmonic. :P

#608 Edited by Blabadon (25701 posts) -

Destiny is soo fuucking gooood! The shooting mechanics and guns feel great. They need to work on the high jumphing though, if you jump too high you're left hovering for a time and vulnerable to open attacks.

There's gonna be so much going on when the full game gets released. The alpha is pretty polished already so with tweaks to the beta and full game it's just gonna keep getting better and better.

Did you play the multiplayer?

#609 Posted by Bigboi500 (29172 posts) -

@Blabadon said:

@Bigboi500 said:

Yeah that's control. Three spots on the map (zones a, b & c) that you and up to five team mates take control of and try to defend. Two maps: a moon map and a rusted ruin earth area. That's the only MP game they had available for the alpha, unless you include the co op stuff.

Some basic SP content was available too, like finding an area the Fallen were interested in and killing them, and some common fetch and deliver stuff.

#610 Posted by darkspineslayer (19486 posts) -

@Blabadon said:

@NoirLamia777: Somewhere past the second bonfire.

I tried Puppeteer with my niece. Don't know where the challenge in this game is supposed to be, but I can't find it and it's annoying.

Yea, so far I find it has way too much talking and it's way too fast to enjoy everything.

I'm in some fire shrine thing with a bunch of big assholes, and not enough shots of magic to get through them. When can I actually level up at a bonfire? I got the flask but still see no option.

#611 Posted by Blabadon (25701 posts) -

@Blabadon said:

@Bigboi500 said:

Yeah that's control. Three spots on the map (zones a, b & c) that you and up to five team mates take control of and try to defend. Two maps: a moon map and a rusted ruin earth area. That's the only MP game they had available for the alpha, unless you include the co op stuff.

Some basic SP content was available too, like finding an area the Fallen were interested in and killing them, and some common fetch and deliver stuff.

I only played one mission in the campaign and a few multiplayer games (two on Ruined Earth, two on the Moon). I thought the single player part was fine. Dinklage sounded bored out of his skull and the enemies didn't inspire anything in me other than "oh, I guess I'll shoot them before they shoot me." I like how they have levels and all, but so far Borderlands has done this better. The enemy AI also left much to be desired as I could camp behind rocks forever and then take a few potshots. It's really pretty though.

The MP was alright for me. Admittedly, I wasn't too good at it, but I didn't know how to get the jetpack correctly and the higher level players having better guns wasn't fun. The latter two points really soured it for me until I got to their level and realized everyone was using the one hit kill shotgun (GG Bungie, four MPs later, and you guys have a one hit kill shotgun with decent range). After unlocking that, it became kinda bound to that weapon and then boring.

I really, really enjoyed the hub though, especially with other people there. The customization was so sweet. I was a Exo Warlock, and being able to get the parts to make my dude look badass made the third person camera of the hub all the more awesome. Wouldn't have minded if the game was in third person actually.

#612 Posted by Blabadon (25701 posts) -

@NoirLamia777 said:

@Blabadon said:

I tried Puppeteer with my niece. Don't know where the challenge in this game is supposed to be, but I can't find it and it's annoying.

Yea, so far I find it has way too much talking and it's way too fast to enjoy everything.

I'm in some fire shrine thing with a bunch of big assholes, and not enough shots of magic to get through them. When can I actually level up at a bonfire? I got the flask but still see no option.

Dark Souls 2?

#613 Posted by darkspineslayer (19486 posts) -

@Blabadon said:

@darkspineslayer said:

@NoirLamia777 said:

@Blabadon said:

Dark Souls 2?

Yeah.

#614 Edited by Blabadon (25701 posts) -

@darkspineslayer: Leveling up in Dark Souls 2 happens at Majula through the woman by its main bonfire. Are you at Heide's Tower of Flame?

#615 Posted by Bigboi500 (29172 posts) -

@Blabadon said:

@Bigboi500 said:

@Blabadon said:

@Bigboi500 said:

I only played one mission in the campaign and a few multiplayer games (two on Ruined Earth, two on the Moon). I thought the single player part was fine. Dinklage sounded bored out of his skull and the enemies didn't inspire anything in me other than "oh, I guess I'll shoot them before they shoot me." I like how they have levels and all, but so far Borderlands has done this better. The enemy AI also left much to be desired as I could camp behind rocks forever and then take a few potshots. It's really pretty though.

The MP was alright for me. Admittedly, I wasn't too good at it, but I didn't know how to get the jetpack correctly and the higher level players having better guns wasn't fun. The latter two points really soured it for me until I got to their level and realized everyone was using the one hit kill shotgun (GG Bungie, four MPs later, and you guys have a one hit kill shotgun with decent range). After unlocking that, it became kinda bound to that weapon and then boring.

I really, really enjoyed the hub though, especially with other people there. The customization was so sweet. I was a Exo Warlock, and being able to get the parts to make my dude look badass made the third person camera of the hub all the more awesome. Wouldn't have minded if the game was in third person actually.

The problem with the jet packs (could be me not knowing all there is about them) was that sometimes I'd jump real high and just float, and have to wait a few seconds to slowly descend. Maybe there's a way to instantly cut the propulsion and drop, but I didn't find out how.

Yeah the one-hit kills were annoying, especially the sniper shots. I too started out bad but after a while I was a beast out there. The key is moving quickly after securing an area. With some guidance teams could defend specific areas instead of mindlessly moving around.

Had my mic on but I don't think it was supported because I could see the icon light up when I talked, but I couldn't hear myself and I heard no one else using them.

The AI is pathetic as you said. Hope they smarten them up later on.

I figure Dinklage did that monotone dialog because he was told to do so. It would be weird having a AI expressing the human passion of lines like "Do you want a glass of ICE MILK and a bowl of RASPBERRIES!!!" .

#616 Posted by jg4xchamp (47094 posts) -

@Blabadon said:

The PvP in Destiny is trash.

It's like everything someone doesn't like about Halo 4's mp, taken to its most extreme level of shittery.

#617 Posted by Blabadon (25701 posts) -

@jg4xchamp: @Bigboi500: I posted an absolutely enormous wall of text about my overall impressions at Bungie's forums. I'll copy paste it here and at EB (which for some reason I've gotten really lazy at typing huge walls at anymore).

#618 Posted by darkspineslayer (19486 posts) -

@Blabadon: that sounds about right. Looks like I'm backtracking to that woman. Tried a sorcerer this time in the vain hope I would actually finish the game, but the whole ammo limit is killing me.

#619 Posted by NoirLamia777 (2126 posts) -

@darkspineslayer: you can fast travel between bonfires so no backtracking needed

#620 Posted by Desmonic (13180 posts) -

Regarding GoT's final:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW YEEEEEEEEEAAAAHHH SON!

Can't wait for season 5! :D

#621 Edited by Desmonic (13180 posts) -

lol @loltaku once again making sure Sarkeesian gets some "prime time".

#622 Posted by NoirLamia777 (2126 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

Regarding GoT's final:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW YEEEEEEEEEAAAAHHH SON!

Can't wait for season 5! :D

Great episode, very much anticipating season five.

#623 Posted by PhazonBlazer (11524 posts) -

I can't believe GoT won't be coming on again for another year ;___;

I might have to read the books or something...

#624 Edited by Blabadon (25701 posts) -

Man, Binary Domain's story is entertaining as hell

#625 Posted by jg4xchamp (47094 posts) -

Fuck yeah it is.

Binary Domain, the best dude bro game. Game with coop would have been dope as fuck. BIG BO THE GOAT, back me up here illmatic.

#626 Edited by CrownKingArthur (4142 posts) -

so dumb that binary domain lacks coop (campaign)

#627 Edited by LadyBlue (3927 posts) -

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--zR3FWwz0--/c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_636/771140443825974702.png

It warms my heart.

#628 Posted by Blabadon (25701 posts) -

@jg4xchamp: This is dialogue that games with light hearted humor needs. Enough ripping off Uncharted's stupid one liners, the dialogue here actually entertains without being grating.

#629 Posted by jg4xchamp (47094 posts) -

@Blabadon said:

@jg4xchamp: This is dialogue that games with light hearted humor needs. Enough ripping off Uncharted's stupid one liners, the dialogue here actually entertains without being grating.

Yeah man, the guy behind that game is the shit. He does the Yakuza games. Guy does great dialogue in general.

#630 Posted by jsmoke03 (12622 posts) -

i signed up on endlessbacklog...is that where half of sw went? and why is wasdie a mod there 2? double dippin

#631 Edited by Allicrombie (25122 posts) -

@jsmoke03 said:

i signed up on endlessbacklog...is that where half of sw went? and why is wasdie a mod there 2? double dippin

never heard of it.

#632 Edited by jg4xchamp (47094 posts) -

@jsmoke03 said:

He essentially coded it all together. I pay the bills, he does all the work. And no majority of that forum is people who been left SW. It's more union cross over.

#633 Posted by Blabadon (25701 posts) -

@jsmoke03: It's one of the only decent gaming forums left, minus Master Shake.

#634 Posted by Blabadon (25701 posts) -

Also does anyone know the ins and outs of Dishonored's combat, because that shit confuses me

#635 Posted by kitty (114496 posts) -

Guess its safe to come out of hiding I don't see Alli anywhere.

#636 Posted by jg4xchamp (47094 posts) -

@Blabadon said:

Also does anyone know the ins and outs of Dishonored's combat, because that shit confuses me

the sword play stuff? eh just shoot and slice, and stuff.

Otherwise game is WAY more enjoyable if you are using the stealth to kill dudes.

The stealth to not kill stuff is honestly too op. You can freeze time, blink around, and get away with all this shit with no real impunity. Makes a no kill run just boring.

#637 Posted by Blabadon (25701 posts) -

@jg4xchamp: I'm getting fucked because I didn't pay attention to the tutorial too much and learning on the go is hard on the hardest difficulty.

Like I want to sneak up on random thugs to see what they're up to, but I just get fucked in one or two slices.

#638 Posted by inb4uall (5284 posts) -

@jsmoke03 said:

He essentially coded it all together. I pay the bills, he does all the work. And no majority of that forum is people who been left SW. It's more union cross over.

I was told we could make fun of him there.

#639 Posted by Blabadon (25701 posts) -

@inb4uall: That was a stupidass thread, even by your standards.

#640 Posted by inb4uall (5284 posts) -

@Blabadon said:

@inb4uall: That was a stupidass thread, even by your standards.

The B4X one or the one on Endless? Didn't really care about the one on endless. I don't intend on actually posting there. lol

#641 Edited by jg4xchamp (47094 posts) -

@inb4uall said:

@jg4xchamp said:

@jsmoke03 said:

Yeah, but organically and with some grace.

#642 Posted by inb4uall (5284 posts) -

@inb4uall said:

@jg4xchamp said:

@jsmoke03 said:

Yeah, but organically and with some grace.

fair point.

#643 Posted by illmatic87 (15109 posts) -

Fuck yeah it is.

Binary Domain, the best dude bro game. Game with coop would have been dope as fuck. BIG BO THE GOAT, back me up here illmatic.

BIG BO

BIG BO

BIG BO

BIG BO

BIG BO

The real american hero!

#644 Posted by Technoweirdo (7073 posts) -
To be honest I never cared for tharja.Im guessing the only reason she got a figure was cause of sex appeal.

She was ranked 3rd-most popular female on an official poll, behind Robin (who doesn't exactly have an official design) and Lucina, who is also getting her own figure. Mind you, this was -before- the DLC so she had to win without her looks.

@Blabadon said:

Counter everything you can (The first second or so of the block animation will let you parry). Whatever you can't parry, shoot. You'll turn into a whirlwind of death in no time.

Otherwise game is WAY more enjoyable if you are using the stealth to kill dudes.

The stealth to not kill stuff is honestly too op. You can freeze time, blink around, and get away with all this shit with no real impunity. Makes a no kill run just boring.

Blink only, no kills or KOs, no detects. Best way to play.

#645 Posted by mems_1224 (46278 posts) -

Fuck yeah it is.

#646 Edited by lostrib (33450 posts) -

@jg4xchamp said:

Fuck yeah it is.

Lol

Now I'll have to play this, I think I have it from PS+

#647 Edited by CrownKingArthur (4142 posts) -

test please ignore

#648 Posted by jg4xchamp (47094 posts) -

@jg4xchamp said:

That is some grade A bad game design, if the player needs to restrict themselves from the abilities you gave them, for the game to be at its best.

#649 Posted by Ballroompirate (22289 posts) -

Damn, How to Train Your Dragon 2 was pretty good

#650 Edited by finalfantasy94 (26258 posts) -

@Technoweirdo said:
@finalfantasy94 said:

She was ranked 3rd-most popular female on an official poll, behind Robin (who doesn't exactly have an official design) and Lucina, who is also getting her own figure. Mind you, this was -before- the DLC so she had to win without her looks.

@Blabadon said:

Counter everything you can (The first second or so of the block animation will let you parry). Whatever you can't parry, shoot. You'll turn into a whirlwind of death in no time.

@jg4xchamp said:

im not talking about DLC.lucinas outfit is sex appeal and im guessing thats what draws alot of people to her.Just to let you know im not attacking her or anything just stating why I think a figure is made for her.I actually paired her up with the priest Libra in the game and it was pretty entertaining to see two polor opposites have a life and kid with one another.Though like I said tharja herself never really did anythign for me.