System Wars Lounge V45: Stupid Sexy PS4 edition

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1301 Posted by clyde46 (47839 posts) -
@inb4uall said:

@clyde46 said:

@inb4uall said:

@clyde46 said:

@Blabadon said:

@inb4uall said:

@Blabadon said:

Fuck Best Buy's customer service

game doesn't work or something?

No, the douchebags that work at the Geek Squad keep chatting with the customers about WWDC and whatnot while the manager to work on (for some reason) works on fixing the customers' phones or whatever; they could clearly ring me up for the simple price match I need.

I'm giving them one more chance and then I'm leaving a scathing review for having shit customer awareness.

I hate the look of the OSX 10.10.

Why? I'm still all the way back on snow leopard because I'm lazy. :P

Looks cheap, something Apple is not or should not be.

How is maverick? I'm building a PC and i'm thinking of putting that on a second HDD since I prefer OSX for all things not gaming. It's free now and apple is letting people put it on things besides macs. since I prefer OSX for all things not gaming so I figure why the hell not.

Dunno. I haven't moved from Lion XD. Building a hackingtosh is quite easy now. You should do it.

#1303 Posted by CrownKingArthur (5262 posts) -

must be the shittiest driving physics i've ever, ever seen.

Loading Video...

and it's raining in the game.

i'm a racing game enthusiast and i think this looks unappealing. mario kart 8 is more appealing.

#1304 Posted by Capitan_Kid (6641 posts) -

WHERE THE FUCK IS THE NINTENDO E3 THREAD?!

Its time to get the hype up

#1305 Posted by Blabadon (28982 posts) -

@Capitan_Kid said:

WHERE THE FUCK IS THE NINTENDO E3 THREAD?!

Its time to get the hype up

Those things are hard as fuck to make with the new thread creating tools.

I think the mods are discussing on their board who's making which thread.

#1306 Posted by Blabadon (28982 posts) -

THIS FUCKING PLANET WE LIVE ON

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aylDlZ-eyw&feature=youtu.be

#1307 Posted by 93BlackHawk93 (6438 posts) -
@Blabadon said:

THIS FUCKING PLANET WE LIVE ON

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aylDlZ-eyw&feature=youtu.be

That got popular so fast! XD

#1308 Posted by illmatic87 (15643 posts) -

@Blabadon said:

I haven't seen Mac's OS in forever.

Same. Last time I saw one was when I was studying still.

Kinda glad I avoided using the OS there to learn the software that I use for work. The entire design/engineering industry here seems to be phasing out Macs pretty aggressively here in the past years or so.

#1309 Posted by inb4uall (6549 posts) -

Why are they still called hackintosh? Is it still not ok to do?

@clyde46 said:
@inb4uall said:

@clyde46 said:

@inb4uall said:

@clyde46 said:

@Blabadon said:

@inb4uall said:

@Blabadon said:

Fuck Best Buy's customer service

game doesn't work or something?

No, the douchebags that work at the Geek Squad keep chatting with the customers about WWDC and whatnot while the manager to work on (for some reason) works on fixing the customers' phones or whatever; they could clearly ring me up for the simple price match I need.

I'm giving them one more chance and then I'm leaving a scathing review for having shit customer awareness.

I hate the look of the OSX 10.10.

Why? I'm still all the way back on snow leopard because I'm lazy. :P

Looks cheap, something Apple is not or should not be.

How is maverick? I'm building a PC and i'm thinking of putting that on a second HDD since I prefer OSX for all things not gaming. It's free now and apple is letting people put it on things besides macs. since I prefer OSX for all things not gaming so I figure why the hell not.

Dunno. I haven't moved from Lion XD. Building a hackingtosh is quite easy now. You should do it.

@CrownKingArthur said:

make a hackintosh

#1310 Posted by HitmanActual (429 posts) -

Has anyone been watching Salem? Started a bit slow but it's really growing on me lately.

Silicon Valley is pretty cool as well and coming along nicely.

#1311 Posted by Blabadon (28982 posts) -

The PS4 has arrived.

I like the DualShock 3 more.

#1312 Edited by AutoPilotOn (8617 posts) -

@Blabadon: say what? The DS3 is a horrible controller. I had to buy a 3rd party ps3 controller to play on it.

#1313 Posted by mems_1224 (49000 posts) -

@Blabadon said:

The PS4 has arrived.

Ewww. The DS3 is as bad as the N64 and Gamecube controller

#1314 Posted by Blabadon (28982 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

@Blabadon said:

The PS4 has arrived.

Ewww. The DS3 is as bad as the N64 and Gamecube controller

No.

Despite what one may think about the DualShock 3, it is not as bad as a controller that somehow made it past R&D with three fucking prongs. No Emmanuel, you're wrong.

#1315 Posted by Aljosa23 (26217 posts) -

mems is one of those dudes whose opinion on things is either the greatest ever or absolute shit. There just exists no middle ground

#1316 Posted by mems_1224 (49000 posts) -

@Aljosa23 said:

mems is one of those dudes whose opinion on things is either the greatest ever or absolute shit. There just exists no middle ground

Are you gonna tell me the DS3 is a good controller? The L2/R2 buttons alone were a massive f*** up

#1317 Posted by Shinobishyguy (22728 posts) -

You know a meme is dead when fucking fox news reports it

#1318 Edited by jg4xchamp (51461 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

@Aljosa23 said:

Are you gonna tell me the DS3 is a good controller? The L2/R2 buttons alone were a massive f*** up

He's more defensive of the gamecube controller.

Do not get the internets love affair with that controller.

#1319 Posted by Blabadon (28982 posts) -

The GameCube controller had the worst X/Y buttons ever and the C-Stick was way too small.

Playing Smash with a DS3 (and hopefully the DS4 now) showed how much better other controllers are.

#1320 Posted by verbtex (8711 posts) -

Hey, there's a new version of the lounge coming in the next few days hosted by Desmonic.

#1321 Posted by mems_1224 (49000 posts) -

@jg4xchamp said:

@mems_1224 said:

@Aljosa23 said:

duuurrrrr lets make all our buttons different sizes and make the 2nd analogue stick completely useless for fps games! brilliant!

#1322 Edited by jg4xchamp (51461 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

@jg4xchamp said:

@mems_1224 said:

@Aljosa23 said:

duuurrrrr lets make all our buttons different sizes and make the 2nd analogue stick completely useless for fps games! brilliant!

Or that fucking ugly ass z button.

#1323 Posted by parkurtommo (28090 posts) -

@mems_1224: It was pretty awesome. Man I was practically gay for Oberyn though he will be missed :( (especially with a death scene like that :3)

#1324 Posted by parkurtommo (28090 posts) -

Come on though the red wedding was way worse. Hell I'd even say that Joffrey's death scene was more "significant". Especially considering how long he was in the show.

#1325 Posted by jg4xchamp (51461 posts) -

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=830647

lol

#1326 Posted by parkurtommo (28090 posts) -

@jg4xchamp: I notided the whole "ubisoft game" thing going on from the start as well. Having played Far Cry 3 and the AC series. It's kind of like what Rockstar does too though, you can see a lot of similarities between red dead redemption, LA Noire and GTA V. I don't really mind, personally. The formula works.

#1327 Posted by jg4xchamp (51461 posts) -

@parkurtommo said:

@jg4xchamp: I notided the whole "ubisoft game" thing going on from the start as well. Having played Far Cry 3 and the AC series. It's kind of like what Rockstar does too though, you can see a lot of similarities between red dead redemption, LA Noire and GTA V. I don't really mind, personally. The formula works.

Eh, LA Noire I don't think suffers from Rockstarishness, not in the strictest sense.

But yeah GTA 4-RDR-GTA 5 very much play in the same league.

Disagree on the formula working with both parties though.

#1328 Posted by mems_1224 (49000 posts) -

Kinda bummed about whats gonna happen to Far Cry 4 and I have lost all interest in The Division. I didn't hate Watch Dogs but Im sick of playing Ubisoft games I think.

#1329 Posted by jg4xchamp (51461 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

Kinda bummed about whats gonna happen to Far Cry 4 and I have lost all interest in The Division. I didn't hate Watch Dogs but Im sick of playing Ubisoft games I think.

Plus fuck U-play

Everytime I think to myself "I should go finish Child of Light", I'm reminded, RIGHT....U-play.

#1330 Edited by parkurtommo (28090 posts) -

@jg4xchamp said:

@parkurtommo said:

Eh, LA Noire I don't think suffers from Rockstarishness, not in the strictest sense.

Certainly works as far as sales are concerned :P

You're right about LA Noire, I guess. But obviously the character controls, gunplay and cutscenes are derivative from RDR and GTA4. GTAV kinda took the best of RDR and added a bunch of awesomeness.

In Ubi's case, sure they have the whole control tower/area thing you have to deal with that started with AC2 (I think? or was it brotherhood?) and then Aiden's design has the same purpose as Ezio's design. I think Far Cry 3 didn't suffer too badly from the "Ubisoft syndrome" though. Again I think Ubi did what Rockstar did, they took what they thought was reliable in their previous franchises, and added a decent amount of innovation for a fresh title.

I think the tension in some of WD's cutscenes and interior situations were enough to set it apart from other Ubisoft games, they were pretty intense! I think that's one of the main reasons why I like the game a lot.

#1331 Posted by jg4xchamp (51461 posts) -

@parkurtommo said:

@jg4xchamp said:

@parkurtommo said:

Certainly works as far as sales are concerned :P

You're right about LA Noire, I guess. But obviously the character controls, gunplay and cutscenes are derivative from RDR and GTA4. GTAV kinda took the best of RDR and added a bunch of awesomeness.

In Ubi's case, sure they have the whole control tower/area thing you have to deal with that started with AC2 (I think? or was it brotherhood?) and then Aiden's design has the same purpose as Ezio's design. I think Far Cry 3 didn't suffer too badly from the "Ubisoft syndrome" though. Again I think Ubi did what Rockstar did, they took what they thought was reliable in their previous franchises, and added a decent amount of innovation for a fresh title.

I think the tension in some of WD's cutscenes and interior situations were enough to set it apart from other Ubisoft games, they were pretty intense! I think that's one of the main reasons why I like the game a lot.

You read more into the joke than I did.

The overlying point is that Watch Dogs is straight up derivative.

The "Ubisoft" game would be a hyperbole. Rayman, Splinter Cell Blacklist, and Far Cry(to some extent) don't really fit the bill. Watchdogs on the flip side plays like any other open world game, but with a cell phone gimmick. More importantly it sticks to the Assassin's Creed mantra of mission variety. Which is have like 5 or 6 mission types and call it a day. To be fair that is not only an Ubisoft thing.

Sleeping Dogs did the same thing

So did Infamous

So does anything Rockstar make

To an extent so does Saints Row, but that series relies more on its spectacle and personality to carry the day.

As far as sales? sure they are both successful game companies.

#1332 Posted by PhazonBlazer (11994 posts) -

Yay, don't have to work during E3

#1334 Posted by parkurtommo (28090 posts) -

@jg4xchamp said:

@mems_1224 said:

Plus fuck U-play

Everytime I think to myself "I should go finish Child of Light", I'm reminded, RIGHT....U-play.

Man... I can't play Far Cry 3 anymore because of that u play bullshit. Somehow I have more than one u play accounts and i got randomly logged out of the account with Far Cry 3 and couldn't figure out the password for it. Of course it's my fault for losing a password, but ffs, why should we have to make an account for some stupid third party service in the first place!? Good thing this happened months after I had finished the game and done the majority of it's side content.

#1335 Posted by jg4xchamp (51461 posts) -

Yeah at this point Imma stick to gameflying ubisoft stuff unless its download only or something that looks like my type of thing.

Watchdogs is already meh as it is, would be twice as meh if had to deal with Uplay.

#1336 Edited by illmatic87 (15643 posts) -

@TheGuardian03 said:

Continuing xenoblade. Lvl 19.

Some enemies are weak and some show up at lvl 77. Why is this type in the game so early? Also soundtrack and gameplay are just amazing. I have no idea why i put it in my backlog last year when i bought it. Gonna start the last story after.

It's there as extra side stuff to encourage you to go back to them later on for side quests, or just general stuff to hunt so that you're not bogged down to a single late game area that's appropriate to your level. If you havent figured out yet, the game has fast-travel/waypoints.

You dont really have to do them if you dont want to sidetrack.

#1337 Posted by Demonjoe93 (9793 posts) -

Just quit Gex 2 today. This bonus dinosaur level finally made me quit the game. Wonder what I'll start next.

#1338 Posted by darkspineslayer (20656 posts) -

Watch Dogs 2 is almost needlessly punishing. Aiden can't take a hit at all.

#1339 Edited by PhazonBlazer (11994 posts) -

@darkspineslayer said:

#1340 Posted by lundy86_4 (44515 posts) -

@PhazonBlazer said:

@darkspineslayer said:

The end got me lol.

#1341 Posted by PhazonBlazer (11994 posts) -

@lundy86_4 said:

@PhazonBlazer said:

@darkspineslayer said:

The end got me lol.

Wot the fok did ye just say 2 me m8? i dropped out of newcastle primary skool im the sickest bloke ull ever meet & ive nicked ova 300 chocolate globbernaughts frum tha corner shop. im trained in street fitin' & im the strongest foker in tha entire newcastle gym. yer nothin to me but a cheeky lil bellend w/ a fit mum & fakebling. ill waste u and smash a fokin bottle oer yer head bruv, i swer. ya think u can fokin run ya gabber at me whilst sittin on yer arse behind a lil screen? think again wanka. im callin me homeboys rite now preparin for a proper scrap. A roomble thatll make ur nan sore jus hearin about it. yer a waste bruv. me crew be all over tha place & ill beat ya to a proper fokin pulp with me fists wanka. if i aint satisfied w/ that ill borrow me m8s cricket paddle & see if that gets u the fok out o' newcastle ya daft kunt. if ye had seen this bloody fokin mess commin ye might a' kept ya gabber from runnin. but it seems yea stupid lil twat, innit? ima shite fury & ull drown in it m8. ur ina proper mess knob.

#1342 Posted by Ballroompirate (23870 posts) -

@PhazonBlazer said:

@lundy86_4 said:

@PhazonBlazer said:

@darkspineslayer said:

The end got me lol.

Wot the fok did ye just say 2 me m8? i dropped out of newcastle primary skool im the sickest bloke ull ever meet & ive nicked ova 300 chocolate globbernaughts frum tha corner shop. im trained in street fitin' & im the strongest foker in tha entire newcastle gym. yer nothin to me but a cheeky lil bellend w/ a fit mum & fakebling. ill waste u and smash a fokin bottle oer yer head bruv, i swer. ya think u can fokin run ya gabber at me whilst sittin on yer arse behind a lil screen? think again wanka. im callin me homeboys rite now preparin for a proper scrap. A roomble thatll make ur nan sore jus hearin about it. yer a waste bruv. me crew be all over tha place & ill beat ya to a proper fokin pulp with me fists wanka. if i aint satisfied w/ that ill borrow me m8s cricket paddle & see if that gets u the fok out o' newcastle ya daft kunt. if ye had seen this bloody fokin mess commin ye might a' kept ya gabber from runnin. but it seems yea stupid lil twat, innit? ima shite fury & ull drown in it m8. ur ina proper mess knob.

And post of the year goes to Phazon

lol

#1343 Posted by PhazonBlazer (11994 posts) -

@Ballroompirate said:

@PhazonBlazer said:

@lundy86_4 said:

@PhazonBlazer said:

@darkspineslayer said:

The end got me lol.

And post of the year goes to Phazon

lol

It's just a copypasta lel

#1344 Posted by lostrib (44051 posts) -

Wow it looks like the BF4 netcode patch may have actually fixed the netcode

#1346 Edited by ConanTheStoner (7861 posts) -

Should be some new MGSV gameplay on this Kojima Station episode. It's streaming right now if any one is interested.

Edit: NVM, about 30 seconds of new footage lol. He's such a fucking troll.

#1347 Posted by AutoPilotOn (8617 posts) -

Why the heck is there so many watch free online spambots on this forum? It's getting pretty crazy. Is there nothing they can do to stop them?

#1348 Posted by The_Last_Ride (75201 posts) -

Are we going to have an official discussion thread here for E3?