System Wars Lounge V45: Stupid Sexy PS4 edition

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#601 Posted by mems_1224 (45769 posts) -

Am I the only one that doesnt like the new Batsuit? Why does the suit have veins? Why are the ears so short? TDKR suit was better. It actually looked like armor.

#602 Posted by clyde46 (43605 posts) -

I'm getting a new car.

#603 Edited by FireEmblem_Man (8492 posts) -

Why Dance Clubs usually suck

#604 Posted by mems_1224 (45769 posts) -

@FireEmblem_Man: That looks more like an argument for why they're awesome.

#605 Posted by Demonjoe93 (9417 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

I'm getting a new car.

Sweet! What are you thinking about getting?

#606 Edited by TheGuardian03 (21264 posts) -

The episode when Dean goes back in time is great, season 4 is so good right now. best season.

#607 Posted by clyde46 (43605 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

I'm getting a new car.

Well, I was looking at the Fiat 500 Abarth Competizione but the reviews aren't glowing.

#608 Edited by Demonjoe93 (9417 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

@Demonjoe93 said:

@clyde46 said:

I'm getting a new car.

Well, I was looking at the Fiat 500 Abarth Competizione but the reviews aren't glowing.

I don't know much about Fiat other than they make sports compacts kinda like MINI.

#609 Posted by lundy86_4 (42658 posts) -

Playing Tomb Raider DE on PS4 makes me want a new Tomb Raider game. One with less of Lara falling down slopers and/or being blown out of buildings.

#610 Posted by CrownKingArthur (3757 posts) -
@clyde46 said:

oh yeah? you want a hot hatch?

#611 Edited by clyde46 (43605 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

@Demonjoe93 said:

@clyde46 said:

I'm getting a new car.

I don't know much about Fiat other than they make sports compacts kinda like MINI.

#612 Posted by clyde46 (43605 posts) -

Playing Tomb Raider DE on PS4 makes me want a new Tomb Raider game. One with less of Lara falling down slopers and/or being blown out of buildings.

But that's the best part!

@clyde46 said:

oh yeah? you want a hot hatch?

You're dam skippy!

#613 Posted by CrownKingArthur (3757 posts) -

@clyde46: i've owned a renault clio 2.0L, it was great although a little unreliable.

had friends with honda civic VTEC, very happy with their cars. i like japanese cars for their reliability (and other things). toyota corolla's are awesome, however they can be rather bland.

manual or automatic?

#614 Edited by clyde46 (43605 posts) -

@clyde46: i've owned a renault clio 2.0L, it was great although a little unreliable.

had friends with honda civic VTEC, very happy with their cars. i like japanese cars for their reliability (and other things). toyota corolla's are awesome, however they can be rather bland.

manual or automatic?

Manual is ideal but an auto is ok if its good. There is a guy who comes into my work that owns one of only 200 Mugen Civics Type R's in the world. He loves it.

I was looking at the Abarth but the reviews say its ride is poor for a DD, the interior is sub-standard for a car that costs around £20K and the radio is seriously dated.

#615 Posted by FireEmblem_Man (8492 posts) -

@FireEmblem_Man: That looks more like an argument for why they're awesome.

I guess I tried making this thread sexy

#616 Edited by PhazonBlazer (11385 posts) -

So guys, Godjirra hype?

#617 Posted by Ballroompirate (21676 posts) -

So guys, Godjirra hype?

So hyped, seriously I need to see it nooooow

#618 Posted by lundy86_4 (42658 posts) -
#619 Edited by CrownKingArthur (3757 posts) -

@clyde46: oh so you're looking at something relatively new. i'm not too sure then.

i'd probably just buy japanese.

in other news, my internet speed just got upgraded. apparently I'm getting 35megabits/s down, and 10 up. because it was about 17, 1.

#620 Edited by clyde46 (43605 posts) -

@clyde46: oh so you're looking at something relatively new. i'm not too sure then.

in other news, my internet speed just got upgraded. apparently I'm getting 35megabits/s down, and 10 up. because it was about 17, 1.

Not sure I want a Japanese car. I was looking at a Ford Fiesta ST now.

#621 Posted by darkspineslayer (19361 posts) -

Been looking for my first car lately. Current frontrunner is a Toyota Yaris. Mostly because it's cheap.

#622 Edited by CrownKingArthur (3757 posts) -

Been looking for my first car lately. Current frontrunner is a Toyota Yaris. Mostly because it's cheap.

good reliable basic car the yaris (called Echo over here).

i'd get the biggest engine one I could, the echo comes as large as 1.5L - which makes for pretty good driving in such a small car.

#623 Edited by TheGuardian03 (21264 posts) -

Clyde calling Tormentos El Tomato. hilarious.

#624 Edited by Demonjoe93 (9417 posts) -

I only have experience with older car shopping. My price range was $6,000 max. I ended up buying a 2000 Toyota Celica with about 127,000 miles on it for only $4000 after taxes and license and registration. I bought it from one of the only dealerships in Florida that doesn't do dealer fees.

I've had it for a little over four months and have put about seven thousand miles on it. It's a champ.

#625 Edited by Demonjoe93 (9417 posts) -

@darkspineslayer said:

good reliable basic car the yaris (called Echo over here).

i'd get the biggest engine one I could, the echo comes as large as 1.5L - which makes for pretty good driving in such a small car.

I hadn't realized the Echo was the Yaris. It used to be called that in the U.S. too. It was also a commercial failure here.

#626 Posted by CrownKingArthur (3757 posts) -

I hadn't realized the Echo was the Yaris. It used to be called that in the U.S. too. It was also a commercial failure here.

doesn't surprise me tbh. serious question - would you say american's prefer to buy american cars?

the 2000 celica, that's the one with a fairly 'interesting' shape, yes? i've heard those are good to drive if your model has toyota's variable valve timing (VVT).

excellent. almost the whole of this page of the lounge is about cars.

#627 Posted by Demonjoe93 (9417 posts) -

@Demonjoe93 said:

doesn't surprise me tbh. serious question - would you say american's prefer to buy american cars?

the 2000 celica, that's the one with a fairly 'interesting' shape, yes? i've heard those are good to drive if your model has toyota's variable valve timing (VVT).

excellent. almost the whole of this page of the lounge is about cars.

Most of us do not have a nationalistic urge to only buy American cars, no. In fact, I think Toyota is actually the number one seller here. We definitely seem to prefer our own trucks (like the F-150 and the Silverado) and our own sports cars though (like the Camaro and Mustang).

Yeah, my Celica definitely does stand out due to its styling. It's not something people are used to seeing when it comes to sports cars, as Mustangs, Camaros, Chargers, Firebirds, and even Challengers are more commonly seen here. I don't know if I have a VVT since mine's secondhand though.

#628 Posted by Demonjoe93 (9417 posts) -

Although we like the Tundra too. Other than that, I don't see a lot of foreign trucks.

#629 Posted by ConanTheStoner (4463 posts) -

#630 Posted by mems_1224 (45769 posts) -

Risen 2 is pretty cool. Im really liking the combat so far.

#631 Posted by lostrib (31635 posts) -

humble bundle?

#632 Posted by mems_1224 (45769 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@mems_1224 said:

humble bundle?

I got it from a humble bundle like a year ago. didnt start playing until yesterday.

#633 Edited by lundy86_4 (42658 posts) -

OMG! Dat Castle cliffhanger. I hate season finales.

#634 Edited by Xaero_Gravity (8680 posts) -

I have this strange urge to buy a portable Persona not named P4G. :o

#635 Posted by darkspineslayer (19361 posts) -

@Xaero_Gravity: apparently the other three games are on sale on PSN right now. Would be the time to buy.

#636 Posted by Ballroompirate (21676 posts) -

OMG! Dat Castle cliffhanger. I hate season finales.

I havent watched Castle since season 2 :(

#637 Posted by TheGuardian03 (21264 posts) -

Heroes Season 1 and 2 are so good. what happend after that? the quality of the show dropped significantly.

Hilarious how Hiro always scream "flying man" whenever he sees nathan.

#638 Edited by HitmanActual (313 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

Have you considered a Focus ST? Much tougher than a Fiesta.

#639 Posted by SolidTy (41513 posts) -

lol. I enjoyed this, recorded it, and I'm going to be listening to it every day motoring. Hopefully this new artist can keep the flow and keep dropping tracks.

Will go to concert when they come locally.

#640 Edited by Ballroompirate (21676 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

Have you considered a Focus ST? Much tougher than a Fiesta.

If you're gonna get a Ford car, anything besides a Focus and a Fusion are a waste. Both have high resale value, pretty amazing gas mileage and are pretty durable/easy to maintain.

#641 Edited by mems_1224 (45769 posts) -

Prison Architect is $10 on humble bundle right now....must...resist.....

#642 Posted by lundy86_4 (42658 posts) -

@lundy86_4 said:

OMG! Dat Castle cliffhanger. I hate season finales.0.

35+623*1/

I havent watched Castle since season 2 :(

Nathan Fillion is what makes the show... That and Stana Katic. She was born just a couple of cities from where I live now.

#643 Edited by bobbetybob (19086 posts) -
@clyde46 said:

@CrownKingArthur said:

Hyundai i10 is where it's at, all hail the glorious Koreans.

You'd like the place I just started working at, surrounded by body repair garages so there's all sorts of nice shit showing up, saw two Nissan GTR's today both with douchey personalised number plates. Saw a Ferrarri last week as well and thought "Hmm, that looks a bit off". Turns out it was a Toyota MR2 with a body kit on it.

#644 Edited by Blabadon (25211 posts) -

Ugh

#645 Edited by inb4uall (5140 posts) -
#646 Posted by CleanPlayer (9765 posts) -

If you download the demo of Child of Light on the ps4 then buy it and don't restart the game, the game won't save your progress. While I was playing none of my trophies were unlocking, so I restarted it and welp just gonna have to create a new game lol the game is awesome though

#647 Posted by Ballroompirate (21676 posts) -

@Blabadon said:

Ugh

Nothing worthwhile to hype though.

#648 Edited by Xaero_Gravity (8680 posts) -

I'm convinced Microsoft raped the mothers of some people around here.

#649 Posted by Slashkice (12980 posts) -

Pretty good teaser:

#650 Posted by darkspineslayer (19361 posts) -