System Wars Lounge v44- Baseball is Back Edition!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#351 Posted by Xaero_Gravity (8694 posts) -

Mmmm, using the Duty Finder as a DPS class. Such yum. Much fun.

#352 Posted by Ballroompirate (22183 posts) -

@lundy86_4: Eww Cali, been there a few times, never want to go back. The only place I'd like to go or even move outside of Colorado is Seattle. If I struck it rich with the lottery or something I'd move to the UK or Scotland.

#353 Posted by nintendoboy16 (26076 posts) -

I watched Tropic Thunder last night. My parents love it, but my younger brother and I find it totally stupid.

#354 Edited by Ballroompirate (22183 posts) -

I watched Tropic Thunder last night. My parents love it, but my younger brother and I find it totally stupid.

Haters gonna hate

#355 Posted by ConanTheStoner (4503 posts) -

Well at least your parents are cool people.

#356 Posted by jg4xchamp (46974 posts) -

@nintendoboy16 said:

Well at least your parents are cool people.

Right?

#357 Edited by Bigboi500 (29060 posts) -

Just saw The Desolation of Smaug. My gawd Peter Jackson butchered it. I don't mind him not sticking verbatim to the book... but damn. Very disappointing compared to An Unexpected Journey. Only the ending saved it from being terribad.

#358 Posted by SolidTy (42013 posts) -

It references a lot of material their children might not have seen.

I'm never going to show my kids movies before they are ready, my vow to my future offspring.

#359 Posted by nintendoboy16 (26076 posts) -

@SolidTy said:
@nintendoboy16 said:

I'm never going to show my kids movies before they are ready, my vow to my future offspring.

My bro and I are of age, Ty. Unfortunately, it didn't stop me from being bored watching the whole thing.

#360 Posted by Technoweirdo (7060 posts) -

Don't remember much of Tropic Thunder, but I remember it being enjoyable. Stupid, but enjoyable.

Just saw The Desolation of Smaug. My gawd Peter Jackson butchered it. I don't mind him not sticking verbatim to the book... but damn. Very disappointing compared to An Unexpected Journey. Only the ending saved it from being terribad.

Aye. The inclusion of the elves was so forced and needlessly padded the film with them fighting orcs. I swear they took as much screentime as the dwarves, but they don't get to shine anywhere near as brightly. Romance was equally forced.

#361 Posted by Allicrombie (25113 posts) -

I don't usually care for movies like that, but I thought it was hilarious.

#362 Posted by Sweenix (5396 posts) -

the princess bride is the best movie ever! :D

#363 Edited by Allicrombie (25113 posts) -

Hey guys, check out this basketball players' man hands, =P

#364 Posted by Allicrombie (25113 posts) -

@Sweenix said:

is this why 2nd has some freaky man crush on you? O.O

#365 Posted by mems_1224 (46157 posts) -

YES! PAX South announced and its gonna be in San Antonio next year. Im definitely gonna go.

#366 Posted by kitty (114455 posts) -

>__>

#367 Posted by PhazonBlazer (11467 posts) -

YES! PAX South announced and its gonna be in San Antonio next year. Im definitely gonna go.

Oooooo, that's somewhat close to me. I might go lel

#368 Posted by archvile_78 (8382 posts) -

While its not PAX...here in Quebec i read there will be a Comic Con this October, i'm sooooo going.

#369 Posted by Bigboi500 (29060 posts) -

Don't remember much of Tropic Thunder, but I remember it being enjoyable. Stupid, but enjoyable.

@Bigboi500 said:

Aye. The inclusion of the elves was so forced and needlessly padded the film with them fighting orcs. I swear they took as much screentime as the dwarves, but they don't get to shine anywhere near as brightly. Romance was equally forced.

Read my mind. I also wanted to see more about Beorn, personally. He should've been the one fighting the orcs. Hopefully that'll be included in the extended versions somewhere, but probably wont be more than a small scene or two.

#370 Edited by SolidTy (42013 posts) -

@SolidTy said:
@nintendoboy16 said:

My bro and I are of age, Ty. Unfortunately, it didn't stop me from being bored watching the whole thing.

First I want to say I was teasing a little bit for some lulz, but to answer...No, I don't mean of just of age, but more age and the experience of the reference material. You need to see a lot of the material before you watch the movie, like Platoon, Hamburger Hill, Full Metal Jacket, Apocalypse Now, The Deer Hunter, The Thin Red Line, et cetera. You have to be of age, then you have to see those movies along the way to get the most out of a movie like Tropic Thunder. If those movies and other War flicks I didn't mention don't get your goat so to speak, the movie might still be pointless but it does satirize war, specifically, Vietnam War films.

I suspect your parents might have seen one or more of the movies above giving them an edge over their kids.

#371 Posted by Ballroompirate (22183 posts) -

@Technoweirdo said:

@Bigboi500 said:

Read my mind. I also wanted to see more about Beorn, personally. He should've been the one fighting the orcs. Hopefully that'll be included in the extended versions somewhere, but probably wont be more than a small scene or two.

Beorn doesn't even fight tell the last moments of the book (which btw is awesome). I have major grips about The Hobbit movies since they removed/redone a lot of stuff (Orcs arent even in the book btw and it's the Goblin army thats chasing them not the Orc army and Bard doesnt show up tell like the last 10 pages). I try and not compare the movies with the book, but what can you do when the book was vastly superior so take the films as they are.

#372 Posted by Bigboi500 (29060 posts) -

@Bigboi500 said:

@Technoweirdo said:

@Bigboi500 said:

Beorn doesn't even fight tell the last moments of the book (which btw is awesome). I have major grips about The Hobbit movies since they removed/redone a lot of stuff (Orcs arent even in the book btw and it's the Goblin army thats chasing them not the Orc army and Bard doesnt show up tell like the last 10 pages). I try and not compare the movies with the book, but what can you do when the book was vastly superior so take the films as they are.

I believe he killed some of them while Bilbo and the dwarves were guests at his home, and also killed the Goblin general and his bodyguards at the battle of five armies near the end.

#373 Edited by Ballroompirate (22183 posts) -

@Bigboi500: Dont think he did any fighting tell the major battle at the end.

#374 Edited by Ballroompirate (22183 posts) -

@kitty:

I'm probably gonna end up getting ($928 for all of it)

CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.00 GHz Eight-Core AM3+ CPU 8MB L2 Cache & Turbo Core Technology

• HDD: 2TB (2TBx1) SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 64MB Cache 7200RPM HDD (Single Drive)
  • MEMORY: 8GB (4GBx2) DDR3/1600MHz Dual Channel Memory
  • MOTHERBOARD: GIGABYTE 970A-DS3P AMD 970 ATX w/ Ultra Durable 4 Classic, On/Off Charge, GbLAN, 2 PCIe x16, 3 PCIe x1, 2 PCI
  • POWERSUPPLY: 600 Watts - Standard 80 Plus Certified Power Supply - SLI/CrossFireX Ready
  • VIDEO: AMD Radeon R9 270X 2GB GDDR5 PCIe 3.0 x16 Video Card
  • CASE: Apevia X-Dreamer 4 w/ USB 3.0, Temperature Display, Side Panel Window [+9] (Black Color with Green LED)
  • CD: 24X Double Layer Dual Format DVD+-R/+-RW + CD-R/RW Drive
#375 Posted by locopatho (20112 posts) -

My gaming PC came. The last week has been Titanfall and Ass Creed IV, playing them both with 360 controller, very high settings on everything with awesome framerates too... though AC4 was weird to get working properly, VSync kept firing me down to 30fps...

Simply awesome games, best Ass Creed ever (PIRATE ASSASSIN!!!) and Titanfall kicks the ass of Halo and COD of last gen imo... it's been a very cool start to my personal "next gen", looking forward to getting Dark Souls 2 on this fucker too :D

#376 Posted by kitty (114455 posts) -

@kitty:

CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.00 GHz Eight-Core AM3+ CPU 8MB L2 Cache & Turbo Core Technology

• MOTHERBOARD: GIGABYTE 970A-DS3P AMD 970 ATX w/ Ultra Durable 4 Classic, On/Off Charge, GbLAN, 2 PCIe x16, 3 PCIe x1, 2 PCI
  • POWERSUPPLY: 600 Watts - Standard 80 Plus Certified Power Supply - SLI/CrossFireX Ready
  • CASE: Apevia X-Dreamer 4 w/ USB 3.0, Temperature Display, Side Panel Window [+9] (Black Color with Green LED)

Looks very nice. Should serve you well with whatever you want to do with it. Wish I had a case with a clear side panel.

#377 Posted by Ballroompirate (22183 posts) -

Think I was the only person in Captain America 2 that was laughing during the chase scene cause this video was running threw my mind lol

#378 Edited by mems_1224 (46157 posts) -

Man, some dude owned me nasty in Titanfall today. I was on the roof above him. He throws a grenade through the skylight and arcs the grenade past me but before he lost sight of it he locked on to it with the smart pistol and shot his own grenade before it flew past me and killed me

#379 Edited by lundy86_4 (42805 posts) -

@Ballroompirate said:

@lundy86_4: Eww Cali, been there a few times, never want to go back. The only place I'd like to go or even move outside of Colorado is Seattle. If I struck it rich with the lottery or something I'd move to the UK or Scotland.

Seattle would be cool to see.

England would be fun to live in, if you're rich. I miss the pubs. Just living there is pricey.

#380 Posted by Ballroompirate (22183 posts) -

@kitty said:

@Ballroompirate said:

@kitty:

Looks very nice. Should serve you well with whatever you want to do with it. Wish I had a case with a clear side panel.

I've always had a "meh" rig, so it will be nice to have a pretty decent rig for once without throwing down $1500

#381 Posted by Desmonic (13180 posts) -

So, with E3 coming closer and closer, what are your early expectations?

I'd love to see these 3 go nuts:

Sony: Announcing 10 million sold and just spend the whole conference laughing at MS XD

MS: X1 without Kinect for $350 + Halo 5 in 2014! :O

Ninty: Zelda + New 3D Mario + Metroid + F-Zero + $200 WITH MK8 or SSB4! GG Sony, MS. GG.

#382 Edited by kitty (114455 posts) -

@Ballroompirate said:

I've always had a "meh" rig, so it will be nice to have a pretty decent rig for once without throwing down $1500

These days it's easier to get a solid build for under $1k. Can't say the same about a few years ago. :P

Really wish you were able to get to a microcenter. You could change that 8350/mobo to a 4670k/mobo and be one step ahead for about the same price.

#383 Posted by Sweenix (5396 posts) -

@Sweenix said:

is this why 2nd has some freaky man crush on you? O.O

It's one of many reasons :D

#384 Posted by Ballroompirate (22183 posts) -

@kitty said:

@Ballroompirate said:

These days it's easier to get a solid build for under $1k. Can't say the same about a few years ago. :P

Really wish you were able to get to a microcenter. You could change that 8350/mobo to a 4670k/mobo and be one step ahead for about the same price.

Wouldn't the 4670 be a downgrade?

#385 Posted by kitty (114455 posts) -

Not entirely sure. I'll be honest, I don't know a lot about the performance of the fx series. Still learning from the the pc board. :P

#386 Edited by Ballroompirate (22183 posts) -

@kitty said:

@Ballroompirate said:

Not entirely sure. I'll be honest, I don't know a lot about the performance of the fx series. Still learning from the the pc board. :P

I just noticed the 4670 is 3.40 GHz while the other one is 4.00 GHz, not much of a difference but I've never had a intel before so I don't know how they perform.

#387 Edited by Desmonic (13180 posts) -

lol

#388 Posted by 93BlackHawk93 (5153 posts) -
#389 Posted by Desmonic (13180 posts) -
#390 Posted by 93BlackHawk93 (5153 posts) -
#391 Posted by nintendoboy16 (26076 posts) -

@SolidTy said:

@nintendoboy16 said:

@SolidTy said:
@nintendoboy16 said:

First I want to say I was teasing a little bit for some lulz, but to answer...No, I don't mean of just of age, but more age and the experience of the reference material. You need to see a lot of the material before you watch the movie, like Platoon, Hamburger Hill, Full Metal Jacket, Apocalypse Now, The Deer Hunter, The Thin Red Line, et cetera. You have to be of age, then you have to see those movies along the way to get the most out of a movie like Tropic Thunder. If those movies and other War flicks I didn't mention don't get your goat so to speak, the movie might still be pointless but it does satirize war, specifically, Vietnam War films.

I suspect your parents might have seen one or more of the movies above giving them an edge over their kids.

Oh, I see. Well, prior to this film, I've seen two Rambo/First Blood movies (the first and fourth) Glory and Patton, although I'm not sure if any of those count (especially Rambo).

#392 Posted by Desmonic (13180 posts) -
#393 Edited by kitty (114455 posts) -

@Ballroompirate said:

I just noticed the 4670 is 3.40 GHz while the other one is 4.00 GHz, not much of a difference but I've never had a intel before so I don't know how they perform.

Well at stock, my 4670k made my phenom 965 look bad. With my 7870's in CF and my phenom @3.8ghz I was seeing areas with 48 FPS on tombraider. With my 4670k, I saw a rock solid 60 across the board.

http://www.3dmark.com/fs/1583986

Phenom @3.8

Physics Score
http://www.3dmark.com/fs/1834995
i5 4670k @ 4.4
Physics Score
Going from my phenom to this, I saw nothing but improvements across the board. Either going to sell my phenom or make a second rig, dunno yet.
oh yeah, in GTAIV my fps tripled, even with the enb and only using one gpu.
#394 Edited by Ballroompirate (22183 posts) -

@kitty: You must have a different 4670, the one I was looking at is over at Cyberpower. Also I might get a R7 260x since it looks like it's slightly better than the R9 270x

or go back to the NVIDIA 760 and AMD FX-8320 3.50 GHz Eight-Core AM3+ CPU 8MB L2 Cache & Turbo Core Technology

#395 Posted by ConanTheStoner (4503 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

lol

Forward this to Reggie and Nintendo might actually buy Mega Man!

#396 Edited by getyeryayasout (7028 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

lol

MS to announce MM acquisition tomorrow. :P

#397 Posted by ConanTheStoner (4503 posts) -

@ConanTheStoner said:

@Desmonic said:

lol

MS to announce MM acquisition tomorrow. :P

Ya know. That sounds terrible at first, but they'd probably do the IP more justice than Capcom

Who knows though. Maybe if Mighty No. 9 releases to success, Capcom will try something with MM just to be dicks.

#398 Posted by Ballroompirate (22183 posts) -

@kitty:

I just ordered

CASE: Apevia X-Dreamer 4 w/ USB 3.0, Temperature Display, Side Panel Window [+9] (Black Color with Green LED)
CD: 24X Double Layer Dual Format DVD+-R/+-RW + CD-R/RW Drive [-25] (BLACK COLOR)
CPU: AMD FX-8320 3.50 GHz Eight-Core AM3+ CPU 8MB L2 Cache & Turbo Core Technology
HDD: 2TB (2TBx1) SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 64MB Cache 7200RPM HDD (Single Drive)
HEADSET: Corsair Raptor LH1 Evo Light Weight Gaming Headset
KEYBOARD: AZZA Delta Gaming Keyboard w/ Anti-Ghosting & red backlight
MEMORY: 8GB (4GBx2) DDR3/1600MHz Dual Channel Memory
MOTHERBOARD: GIGABYTE 970A-DS3P AMD 970 ATX w/ Ultra Durable 4 Classic, On/Off Charge, GbLAN, 2 PCIe x16, 3 PCIe x1, 2 PCI
MOUSE: AZZA Alpha 1600 DPI Gaming Mouse
POWERSUPPLY: 600 Watts - Standard 80 Plus Certified Power Supply - SLI/CrossFireX Ready
VIDEO: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 2GB GDDR5 PCIe 3.0 x16 Video Card
OS: Microsoft(R) Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit Edition)

= $991 (inc the $40 5 day shipping), the KB and mouse were free so w/e lol

#399 Posted by Allicrombie (25113 posts) -

@kitty:

I just ordered

CASE: Apevia X-Dreamer 4 w/ USB 3.0, Temperature Display, Side Panel Window [+9] (Black Color with Green LED)
CD: 24X Double Layer Dual Format DVD+-R/+-RW + CD-R/RW Drive [-25] (BLACK COLOR)
CPU: AMD FX-8320 3.50 GHz Eight-Core AM3+ CPU 8MB L2 Cache & Turbo Core Technology
MOTHERBOARD: GIGABYTE 970A-DS3P AMD 970 ATX w/ Ultra Durable 4 Classic, On/Off Charge, GbLAN, 2 PCIe x16, 3 PCIe x1, 2 PCI
POWERSUPPLY: 600 Watts - Standard 80 Plus Certified Power Supply - SLI/CrossFireX Ready
VIDEO: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 2GB GDDR5 PCIe 3.0 x16 Video Card OS: Microsoft(R) Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit Edition) = $991 (inc the $40 5 day shipping), the KB and mouse were free so w/e lol

needs more laptop. =p

#400 Posted by kitty (114455 posts) -

@kitty:

I just ordered

VIDEO: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 2GB GDDR5 PCIe 3.0 x16 Video Card OS: Microsoft(R) Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit Edition) = $991 (inc the $40 5 day shipping), the KB and mouse were free so w/e lol

This will do as well. Looks pretty solid.

Hmm just noticed that you said 4670, which that one is the non OC one. So yeah I have a different one. Mine OC's. Although the 4670 with the turbo should do the job quite well.
You are gonna love this pc once you build it. If you can please post some pictures over on the pc board once you do, I'd love to see it. :)