System Wars Lounge v44- Baseball is Back Edition!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1051 Posted by Blabadon (26571 posts) -

@mems_1224: You're welcome

#1052 Posted by mems_1224 (47236 posts) -

@jg4xchamp said:

Yeah but do they have a mod that makes Dragon Age fun? or good? or not generic? or fixes the pitiful level design and the repetition? or the hideous art style?

These are important mems, Dragon Age wasn't sold with fun.

Neither was Journey but that didn't stop you from liking it.

#1053 Posted by jg4xchamp (48334 posts) -

Journey was delightful.

There was no delight in Dragon Age. Zero percent delight.

#1054 Edited by Blabadon (26571 posts) -

@jg4xchamp: All excusable enough since it's a decent RPG with the origins part being cool.

It drags way too much at the end and isn't anything special but it's easy to see why someone enjoyed it, especially back in 2009. Of course I enjoyed it, so I'm biased.

#1055 Posted by mems_1224 (47236 posts) -

@jg4xchamp said:

Journey was delightful.

Im enjoying myself quite a bit. I like the gameplay. Level design is whatever. My only real complaint with the game is that its ugly as shit. Story is good too.

#1056 Edited by jg4xchamp (48334 posts) -

@Blabadon said:

@jg4xchamp: All excusable enough since it's a decent RPG with the origins part being cool.

It drags way too much at the end and isn't anything special but it's easy to see why someone enjoyed it, especially back in 2009. Of course I enjoyed it, so I'm biased.

2 of them are fundamental design flaws with a number crunch fest battle system, that parades itself around as rewarding strategy, but it isn't because the encounter design giftwraps you your victories. Oh what's in this cave...oh it's a giant purple spider instead of a blue one this time. Oh look the archers, are in a perfect line for you to take care of them in one single shot.

It benefits so much from the fact that no one makes that type of game anymore. Otherwise if it was actually judged in comparison to the games in its genre or had it come out around other good rpgs, it would be called out for a by the numbers fantasy setting with WoW combat in a single player department.

#1057 Posted by jg4xchamp (48334 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

@jg4xchamp said:

Journey was delightful.

Im enjoying myself quite a bit. I like the gameplay. Level design is whatever. My only real complaint with the game is that its ugly as shit. Story is good too.

Mostly joking(not the game being shit, it is, the badgering you part, enjoy what you like mems, we should tittyfall sometime). Shale and Morrigan were cool. That was about the only thing that got me to the finish line, that and my irritating obsession with getting a game beaten once i start it. ...until Mafia 2 and Final Fantasy 13.

#1058 Edited by mems_1224 (47236 posts) -

@jg4xchamp said:

@mems_1224 said:

@jg4xchamp said:

Journey was delightful.

Mostly joking(not the game being shit, it is, the badgering you part, enjoy what you like mems, we should tittyfall sometime). Shale and Morrigan were cool. That was about the only thing that got me to the finish line, that and my irritating obsession with getting a game beaten once i start it. ...until Mafia 2 and Final Fantasy 13.

<3 Leliana

Right now Im mostly just hyped for Inquisition and I really need something to keep me busy until Watch Dogs. Im also curious to see if DA2 is as awful as I remember.

#1059 Posted by Blabadon (26571 posts) -

@jg4xchamp said:

It benefits so much from the fact that no one makes that type of game anymore.

Oh yeah, no kidding there.

#1060 Posted by darkspineslayer (19754 posts) -

I think this is the first time I've ever wanted to crucify a game for not having online multiplayer.

Cel Damage, thou could be so much more.

#1061 Posted by jg4xchamp (48334 posts) -

@Blabadon said:

@jg4xchamp said:

Not sure if sarcasm.

#1062 Posted by Blabadon (26571 posts) -

@jg4xchamp said:

@Blabadon said:

@jg4xchamp said:

Not sure if sarcasm.

No I agree, that's part of why it's also not looked as down upon as it could have.

#1063 Posted by kitty (114793 posts) -

*waits for the comments to roll in*

So I supported Nintendy and bought a Wii U. Next console on the list is undecided atm. I will however end up with all three as usual.

#1064 Posted by mems_1224 (47236 posts) -

@kitty said:

So I supported Nintendy and bought a Wii U. Next console on the list is undecided atm. I will however end up with all three as usual.

Unless MS does something crazy at E3 Im almost certain Im getting a PS4.

#1065 Edited by kitty (114793 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

@kitty said:

I'm leaning towards that, but my roomie is leaning towards a xbox because of friends. :/
We sometimes play games together, so idk atm :/

#1066 Posted by mems_1224 (47236 posts) -

@kitty said:

@mems_1224 said:

@kitty said:

I'm leaning towards that, but my roomie is leaning towards a xbox because of friends. :/

We sometimes play games together, so idk atm :/

Thats the only reason I want an xbone. All my friends, some of which I've been gaming with since 2004, have one. I only know one person with a PS4.

#1067 Edited by kitty (114793 posts) -
@mems_1224 said:

Thats the only reason I want an xbone. All my friends, some of which I've been gaming with since 2004, have one. I only know one person with a PS4.

Same, while I don't have that many years:P I have known some for quite awhile. I usually end up going with the one friends game on and get the one "I" want afterwards.
This time I got the Nintendo console out of the way first :P Its got a few games coming out that I want and there are a few already out I'm interested in. Plus I'm sure my little sis would love this thing. :P It should hold me off until the others get more games.

#1068 Posted by charizard1605 (58136 posts) -

Had a Mario Kart 7 game night.

So the best kind. Hopefully Mario Kart 8 supports online as well as Mario Kart 7 does.

#1069 Posted by PhazonBlazer (11913 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

So the best kind. Hopefully Mario Kart 8 supports online as well as Mario Kart 7 does.

Pffft, we all know the MK Wii night was the best.

#1070 Edited by charizard1605 (58136 posts) -

@PhazonBlazer said:

@charizard1605 said:

Nah. We had so many people playing this one.

@charizard1605 @darkspineslayer @inb4uall @kairikh @Willy105 @funsohng @Seabas989 all played. Got really chaotic and fun.

#1071 Edited by PhazonBlazer (11913 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

@PhazonBlazer said:

@charizard1605 said:

@charizard1605 @darkspineslayer @inb4uall @kairikh @Willy105 @funsohng @Seabas989 all played. Got really chaotic and fun.

Well why wasn't I invited >_>

I like fun too

#1072 Posted by charizard1605 (58136 posts) -

@PhazonBlazer said:

@charizard1605 said:

@PhazonBlazer said:

@charizard1605 said:

I like fun too

You weren't online, ninny. We kept waiting for you to show up >.>

Ultimately we decided you were out on a Friday night having a life and shit.

#1073 Posted by PhazonBlazer (11913 posts) -
@charizard1605 said:

@PhazonBlazer said:

@charizard1605 said:

@PhazonBlazer said:

@charizard1605 said:

I like fun too

Or my steam restarted and I never logged back in...lel

#1074 Posted by charizard1605 (58136 posts) -

@PhazonBlazer said:
@charizard1605 said:

@PhazonBlazer said:

@charizard1605 said:

@PhazonBlazer said:

@charizard1605 said:

I like fun too

Or my steam restarted and I never logged back in...lel

*sigh*

#1075 Posted by PhazonBlazer (11913 posts) -

@charizard1605: Don't you exhale in my general direction m8

#1076 Posted by charizard1605 (58136 posts) -

@PhazonBlazer said:

@charizard1605: Don't you exhale in my general direction m8

cum @ mii, bro

#1077 Posted by Slashkice (13231 posts) -

My Steins;Gate LE finally arrived. (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

Today is a good day.

#1078 Posted by Blabadon (26571 posts) -

@Slashkice said:

My Steins;Gate LE finally arrived. (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

Today is a good day.

I thought you were already playing it?

#1079 Edited by Slashkice (13231 posts) -
@Blabadon said:

I thought you were already playing it?

If you buy the LE from JAST, they give you a digital version to play while you wait for the game to ship.

Though, I did play through the fan translated version last year too. :p

#1080 Posted by nintendoboy16 (26868 posts) -

@darkspineslayer said:

I think this is the first time I've ever wanted to crucify a game for not having online multiplayer.

Didn't you say something about 3D World missing it? Or did I miss something (too many people got on that game's ass for lacking it)?

#1081 Posted by darkspineslayer (19754 posts) -

@nintendoboy16: may have mentioned that there was no reason for it not to have it other than Nintendo not being assed, but I don't believe I ever asserted that the game was lesser for not having online.

#1082 Posted by kitty (114793 posts) -

registered my game and wii u and it helped me reach gold status, so 2 years at that status at least. only 250 coins away from plat. I bought super mario world with the coins I got

#1083 Edited by R3FURBISHED (10592 posts) -

Anyone have a spare $6,000 I could borrow? I got something in mind I want to buy, do something pretty damn big for my car that would make the final ~40k miles a lot more interesting and fun.

#1085 Edited by verbtex (8536 posts) -

New lounge version today?

New lounge version today.

#1086 Posted by verbtex (8536 posts) -

First come first served. Any takers?

#1087 Edited by Blabadon (26571 posts) -

@verbtex: I got it!

#1088 Edited by Demonjoe93 (9622 posts) -

GameSpot glitch of the day: Me replying to someone that quoted me and then getting a notification telling me that I mentioned myself in a comment.

#1089 Edited by Blabadon (26571 posts) -

@Demonjoe93: I ready miss the old GameSpot

#1090 Posted by Demonjoe93 (9622 posts) -

@Blabadon said:

@Demonjoe93: I ready miss the old GameSpot

Same here. I have gotten used to this new design, but it hurt our community. A lot of people left, and now we just got troll threads like those made by FreedomFromLife and -Damien-.

#1091 Edited by verbtex (8536 posts) -

I miss a lot of the old mod tools we had.

#1092 Posted by nintendoboy16 (26868 posts) -

So, as much as I'm enjoying the hell out of Borderlands 2 so far (yeah, even after the controversy with that and Colonial Marines, I'm still enjoying a game by Gearbox), I found a really, REALLY lame Ninja Turtles reference.

#1093 Edited by PrincessGomez92 (3610 posts) -

@nintendoboy16 said:

@darkspineslayer said:

Didn't you say something about 3D World missing it? Or did I miss something (too many people got on that game's ass for lacking it)?

I see no reason for a co-op game in this day and age to not have online co-op.

#1094 Edited by lostrib (37587 posts) -

Got the MGS Legacy Collection today, before it disappears again. Hopefully it's fun

#1095 Posted by Blabadon (26571 posts) -

@lostrib said:

Got the MGS Legacy Collection today, before it disappears again. Hopefully it's fun

Ever played MGS at all before?

#1096 Posted by lostrib (37587 posts) -

@Blabadon said:

@lostrib said:

Nope, but it seems like an interesting series

#1097 Posted by verbtex (8536 posts) -

@Blabadon: So, any ideas yet for what the theme of v45 is going to be?

#1098 Posted by SNIPER4321 (10144 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@Blabadon said:

@lostrib said:

first MGS game was...just good.

overrated but was good game. i played it on PC and enjoy my time. and for PS1 standard it was easily best game on that console.

#1099 Posted by lbjkurono23 (12544 posts) -

ATL please win!

@lostrib said:

@Blabadon said:

@lostrib said:

You're in for a treat, I hope. Great games.

#1100 Edited by lostrib (37587 posts) -

Fuck, why am I work!