System Wars Lounge v43 -- The No Weeaboos Allowed Edition

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#101 Posted by TheShadowLord07 (22119 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

Going beast mode with my pg, look at my ast stat

http://i.imgur.com/N0VROU5.png

http://i.imgur.com/V4QsjOs.png

http://i.imgur.com/5ZRTMEk.png

you don't have a 1080p monitor Jay?

#102 Edited by kitty (114652 posts) -

@TheShadowLord07 said:

@2ndwonder said:

@mems_1224 said:

you don't have a 1080p monitor Jay?

I do. :) I just run my xbox in 720, @1080p the button timings for shooting the basketball are different and I can't seem to adjust to it.

I have this monitor btw http://www.amazon.com/HP-2311x-23-Inch-LED-Monitor/dp/B004G8QO5C

#103 Posted by Ballroompirate (22742 posts) -

My hype thread > everyone else's hype thread

#104 Posted by Allicrombie (25185 posts) -

@Ballroompirate: I'd make a hype thread if I was actually hyped for anything.

#105 Edited by Ballroompirate (22742 posts) -
#106 Posted by Allicrombie (25185 posts) -
#107 Posted by Ballroompirate (22742 posts) -
#108 Posted by Allicrombie (25185 posts) -
#109 Edited by SolidTy (42775 posts) -
@Allicrombie said:
Guinness Record Holder For Highest Xbox Gamerscore Closes In On Million Points

u guys jelly?

It's cool, sure, but I'm not jealous. At the risk of trolls, I'll throw down a legit answer. To be at the top, you have to really dedicate yourself away from other distractions. I remember looking into him a few years back, reading interviews and he has to cut out some amazing gaming experiences that happen to be on other platforms to move forward and maintain a lead over any other competitors. It's the same problem with trophies, strictly PC, or Nintendo gaming.

Because he had to cut out amazing AAA-AA experiences in other games from other machines to achieve living and breathing Xbox. I remember being surprised a gamer would do that on purpose, but then understanding he has people on his heels coming for that coveted gamerscore achievement. He had to actively pass up amazing games like Starcraft II: Wings, Wonderful 101, Metal Gear Solid 4, Europa Universalis IV, Civ 5, Super Mario Galaxy 2, Fire Emblem, Xenoblade, Starcraft 2: Heart of the Swarm, Heavy Rain, Total War Shogun II, The Last of Us, Zelda: SS, SC2:HotS, Uncharted 2, Metroid 3/Prime Trilogy, New Super Mario Wii, LittleBigPlanet, Rogue Legacy, Demon's Souls, Path of Exile, God of War III, SSBB, Infamous, et cetera. I too came to that point when I found myself playing a piece of sh** game racing against a few friends years ago, and I had to ask myself if I had more fun playing that terrible lol game racing with a friend over some other AAA experiences. I had to let it go.There are even terrible games that copy great AAA games, so even if he intends on playing some ground breaking games from yesteryear, some of the innovations have been stolen and lifted and placed into mediocre modern day games. On the plus side, I did get Killer Instinct for Xbone free with my high gamerscore.

Life is too short. To a gamer, I don't want to limit any experience in my hobby. It would be like avoiding all MGM, Sony, Disney, Indie, and WB movies while only watching Universal movies. I couldn't do it. Or for TV watching, watching only NBC and giving up HBO, Showtime, Fox, CBS, etc. I think it's cool he pressed on, but I think it sucks he missed out on so many games because he's a gamer.

I will, for lulz, from time to time race against a friend in a game of their choosing, whether collecting everything in a game or 1st to beat the game on insane, or 1st to get 1000/1000 or a Platinum in a terrible game...but those challenges these days are rare as I would rather make more time for killing off my backlog of amazing last gen games as the new generation is upon us. I need to hurry too before this new generations games take off.

Finally, there have been times I just want to play for weeks and weeks Street Fighter online, Marvel Vs. Capcom, or some classic game and I already got the full achievements on XBL. The idea of not revisiting some of these great games to press on playing bad games I hate is too competitive for me. I know what it feels like to not play my favorites, I've done it, but I can't do it anymore.

#110 Edited by Hallenbeck77 (14416 posts) -
#111 Edited by Ballroompirate (22742 posts) -

Really wanna use my new Deathstroke avatar, but GD I love my current avatar so much :3

#112 Posted by SolidTy (42775 posts) -

@SolidTy: For some reason, I had this playing in my head while reading your response. It just makes it that much more epic.

Seriously funny, hahaha.

I was like 'oh great what song will this be'...Battle Hymn Of The Republic. Awesome.

#113 Posted by AdobeArtist (22845 posts) -

Impossible. That position was already taken by my Tomb Raider hype thread from last year =)

#114 Posted by kitty (114652 posts) -

@Ballroompirate said:

Impossible. That position was already taken by my Tomb Raider hype thread from last year =)

*accidentally deletes*

#115 Posted by mems_1224 (46941 posts) -

Just caught Mewtwo

hnnnnnnnnnnnnng

#116 Posted by mems_1224 (46941 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

damn dude, 16APG???

#117 Posted by CountBleck12 (22725 posts) -

Just caught Mewtwo

hnnnnnnnnnnnnng

What Pokemon game?

#118 Posted by mems_1224 (46941 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

Just caught Mewtwo

hnnnnnnnnnnnnng

What Pokemon game?

Pokemon Y. Finally beat it today

#119 Posted by CountBleck12 (22725 posts) -

@CountBleck12 said:

@mems_1224 said:

Just caught Mewtwo

hnnnnnnnnnnnnng

What Pokemon game?

Pokemon Y. Finally beat it today

Awesome, I have that version too and caught Mewtwo but that was last year lol.

#120 Posted by mems_1224 (46941 posts) -

Awesome, I have that version too and caught Mewtwo but that was last year lol.

Yea, I got it when it came in and got like 7 badges and stopped playing for a few months. Finally went back yesterday and finally got through it today. I was so happy. Mewtwo is my all time favorite Pokemon

#121 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (13805 posts) -

So I've been playing the last remnant, this games got some serious bullshit going on in it. lol.

#122 Posted by kitty (114652 posts) -

@2ndwonder said:

@mems_1224 said:

damn dude, 16APG???

when you have games like this, why not? http://i61.tinypic.com/1qg3np.jpg

#123 Posted by Alcapello (875 posts) -
#124 Posted by mems_1224 (46941 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

@2ndwonder said:

@mems_1224 said:

damn dude, 16APG???

when you have games like this, why not? http://i61.tinypic.com/1qg3np.jpg

lol damn dude, thats nuts.

#125 Posted by Slashkice (13087 posts) -

Started watching Arrow after seeing all the talk about it here. It felt a lot like Batman: Bow Edition starting out, but it's doing a good job setting itself apart after two episodes.

The action scenes are disappointing though. They're fine when it's just Oliver blasting fools with arrows, but when it moves to hand-to-hand combat it's hard to take seriously. They come across as blatantly choreographed rather than two people trying to kill each other; this was especially true during the fight against silver-haired-triad-girl-whose-name-I-don't-know in the second episode. Other than that, the show's cool.

#126 Posted by Xaero_Gravity (8718 posts) -

Started watching Arrow after seeing all the talk about it here. It felt a lot like Batman: Bow Edition starting out, but it's doing a good job setting itself apart after two episodes.

The action scenes are disappointing though. They're fine when it's just Oliver blasting fools with arrows, but when it moves to hand-to-hand combat it's hard to take seriously. They come across as blatantly choreographed rather than two people trying to kill each other; this was especially true during the fight against silver-haired-triad-girl-whose-name-I-don't-know in the second episode. Other than that, the show's cool.

If you're enjoying it now, just wait until the second half of season 1. The show picks up and doesnt't slow down.

#127 Posted by mems_1224 (46941 posts) -

@Slashkice said:

If you're enjoying it now, just wait until the second half of season 1. The show picks up and doesnt't slow down.

Arrow is Batman if Batman wasn't a giant pussy and actually had the balls to kill people :P

#128 Posted by arkephonic (6279 posts) -

I just bought a new 2013 Honda Civic.

#129 Posted by Ballroompirate (22742 posts) -

Her name is China White (noob :P)

Also saw 300 Rise of an Empire, BAMF movie!!!! hngggggggh

#130 Posted by arkephonic (6279 posts) -

@Slashkice said:

I just saw 300 in IMAX 3D last night.

#131 Posted by Ballroompirate (22742 posts) -

@Ballroompirate said:

@Slashkice said:

I saw it in 3D, none IMAX sadly :/

#132 Posted by lostrib (35698 posts) -

@Ballroompirate said:

@Slashkice said:

The original was better than Rise of an Empire

#133 Posted by Allicrombie (25185 posts) -

I was playing Skyrim on PS3 and the roomie was all like, "ME HUNGRY, ME WANNA PLAY GRAND THEFT AUTO!"

O.O WTF?!

#134 Edited by Xaero_Gravity (8718 posts) -

I was playing Skyrim on PS3 and the roomie was all like, "ME HUNGRY, ME WANNA PLAY GRAND THEFT AUTO!"

O.O WTF?!

You should man up and finish the tutorial mission so you can actually play with me and Chelem.

#135 Edited by kitty (114652 posts) -

O.O WTF?!

He's doing it wrong. Actually you both are. Why aren't you playing AC? Clearly it's the better game. =P

#136 Edited by kitty (114652 posts) -

Looks super nice. Congrats.
I'm interested in the older Civics. Thinking about saving up for one and fixing it up to race with it.

#137 Edited by arkephonic (6279 posts) -

@2ndwonder said:

@arkephonic said:

Looks super nice. Congrats.

I'm interested in the older Civics. Thinking about saving up for one and fixing it up to race with it.

Thanks. I love the look of the older Civics. The only reason I got a newer one is because I just got done sending my old car to the junk yard and I had been experiencing problem after problem with it ever since I got it (Chevy). I was just so fed up with car issues and repair bills that I needed something reliable, and I've always wanted a Honda (this is my first). I got a 10 year warranty with complete coverage with it as well.

#138 Posted by Allicrombie (25185 posts) -

John traded his Accord for a Civic. Have no idea why.

#139 Posted by Desmonic (13740 posts) -

Finished South Park: Stick of Truth.....OMFG! F*ckin brilliant! XD

Soo much awesomeness in that story! The twists (which are plentiful) were just brilliant and so were the levels! Massive kudos to Obsidian (though they really can't make a damn game without bugs) and Matt&Trey for the awesome game.

If you're a South Park fan, you NEED to play this game! The game does reach several moments of perfection if you are a fan of the show :D

Hope they make some story DLC or even consider making a sequel/another SP game in this style. Despite being awesome, the fact that it is so short leaves you begging for more :P I mean, the main story could have easily been some 2-3 hours longer without actually changing anything (there were some decisions made for you during the story, which could have easily been quests) but essentially they should add better side-quests. Adding to the fact they are few, most of them were either short or too easy or were completed while doing the main story.

So here's hoping! :D Plus if they do decide to make another game, the hard part is already done: the graphics, the animation and even the town map (which were 3 of the biggest issues converting from TV to the game) are already done and useable in the future! :)

------

On a more technical level, I actually enjoyed the combat mechanics. They were simple yet allowed for a decent amount of complexity; it allowed the combat itself to either be very fast paced or slow and steady. Best of all, they worked perfectly in the game. Again, kudos to Obsidian on this.

#140 Edited by Allicrombie (25185 posts) -

PS3 Controller has been sterilized with alcohol and clorox. Pizza eating sasquatch of a roommate was playing GTA V til 2am.

#141 Posted by illmatic87 (15205 posts) -

John traded his Accord for a Civic. Have no idea why.

Now that's just highway robbery.

I'm thinking of getting a new car. Kinda bored of my G35 :C

#143 Posted by TheGuardian03 (21683 posts) -

Got Persona 3 FES from PSN. this game better be good, it's my first persona game btw.

Also Bloodryne 1 on ps2, i like the voice she makes when sucking blood, very sexy. then again i was always scared of vamp chicks and love them too.

Got Trapt and shinobi as well.

#144 Posted by TheGuardian03 (21683 posts) -

Neogaf is always talking about downgrades lol, i think people care more about graphics than gameplay on Gaf.

#145 Posted by s_h_a_d_o (1292 posts) -

PS3 Controller has been sterilized with alcohol and clorox. Pizza eating sasquatch of a roommate was playing GTA V til 2am.

Now to sterilise the roommate...

#146 Posted by Allicrombie (25185 posts) -

@Allicrombie said:

Now to sterilise the roommate...

That would take a decontamination facility.

#147 Posted by PhazonBlazer (11697 posts) -

#148 Posted by Technoweirdo (7137 posts) -

Got Persona 3 FES from PSN. this game better be good, it's my first persona game btw.

Also Bloodryne 1 on ps2, i like the voice she makes when sucking blood, very sexy. then again i was always scared of vamp chicks and love them too.

Got Trapt and shinobi as well.

While I've heard of man-baby fetishes, this is the first time I've heard of someone that likes to shit their pants.

Anyways, I hope you enjoy the Persona with the superior OST~

#149 Edited by Xaero_Gravity (8718 posts) -

I'm gonna miss those characters :(

#150 Posted by Ballroompirate (22742 posts) -

Well my computer decided to shyt a brick....so guess I'm in the market of getting a new computer -.- also any know if a R 250 is a decent GC?, I've always had a Nividia card so I have no idea how the R cards are.

So this all had to happen 2 days before Titanfall...f m l