System Wars' FAVORITE 7TH GEN CONSOLE IS THE PS3

This topic is locked from further discussion.

PhazonBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#101 PhazonBlazer
Member since 2007 • 12013 Posts

Sony domination continuation :cool:

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#102 StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

[QUOTE="StrongBlackVine"]

[QUOTE="BPoole96"]

People need to keep in mind that since PC is not part of the equation, 360 gets the advantage of all the PC/360 multiplats. When we are comparing standalone consoles, the 360 having games like Left 4 Dead, Gears 1, The Witcher 2, Mark of the Ninja, and Mass Effect 1 (for pretty much the entirety of this gen), that starts to add a lot of favor towards 360's library. I truly feel bad for RPG fans that are PS3 only owners since they missed The Witcher 2 which is one of the best RPGs this gen.

Not to mention other RPGs like Fallout and Skyrim are actually playable on 360 whereas the PS3 version are awful.

BPoole96

PS3 still has a better and more diverse library of games. I agree about the PS3 getting terrible ports Besthesda. I don't play 100 hr RPGs so that doesn't bother me though.

Neither PC nor 360 EVER got Metal Gear Solid 5 which is dwarfs any PC/360 meshing including Witcher and Mass Effect. Many would Xbox 360 is really missing out on Ni No Kuni as well if you want to talk RPGs....

That's a selfish way of looking at things

I enjoyed MGS4 but I do not consider it anything to be jealous of since it is a game that has more cutscenes than actual gameplay. I like to play games, not watch them.

Let's also not forget that the 360 is the best console for hack and slash. There are 3 juggernauts in the hack and slash genre thish gen: Bayonetta, Ninja Gaiden, and Devil May Cry. 360 has the far superior version of Bayonetta, Ninja Gaiden 2 without the gimped difficulty and terrible Ayane and Rachel missions, Backwards compatible with Ninja Gaiden Black (best HnS of all time), and the superior version of the newly released DMC game.

God of War is the current king of hack n slash and it is a Sony exclusive. The last Ninja Gaiden was straight garbage.

Link3301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

#103 Link3301
Member since 2008 • 2001 Posts

Wii

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#104 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33098 Posts

The 360. It had a functional and great online unlike the Wii and it had better games even thogh the Wii had a lot of good games to.

StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 StrongBlackVine

[QUOTE="mems_1224"] PS3 doesn't have all the same games 360 does. Try again trollmems_1224

PS3 has more full scale games that the Xbox 360 doesn't have than vice versa. Fact. I'm not counting the arcade games because I don't keep up with those.

cool, lets not count games because you're an idiot. makes sense.

You probably could not name any Xbox arcades games and you are calling me an idiot. I do know PSN downloable games that are very good: Limbo and Journey GOTY PS3 exclusive...

StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 StrongBlackVine

The 360. It had a functional and great online unlike the Wii and it had better games even thogh the Wii had a lot of good games to.

super600

No bluray and pay to use services that should be free...

DivineSword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 DivineSword  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 15840 Posts

[QUOTE="super600"]

StrongBlackVine

He doesn't have a PS3, so how could he say PS3 was his favorite?

StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 StrongBlackVine

Sony domination continuation :cool:

PhazonBlazer

Damn right. The only thing I will concede is Sony getting some bad ports on some multiplats (mostly Bethesda) but the exclusive more than make up for it IMO. The only Xbox 360 I really wanted to play was Alan Wake...

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

[QUOTE="mems_1224"][QUOTE="StrongBlackVine"]

PS3 has more full scale games that the Xbox 360 doesn't have than vice versa. Fact. I'm not counting the arcade games because I don't keep up with those.

StrongBlackVine

cool, lets not count games because you're an idiot. makes sense.

You probably could not name any Xbox arcades games and you are calling me an idiot. I do know PSN downloable games that are very good: Limbo and Journey GOTY PS3 exclusive...

limbo is multiplat noob :lol:
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 StrongBlackVine

[QUOTE="super600"]

DivineSword

True, but is Wii even really even in the discussion? I know it sold like crazy but it is not even close to 360 or PS3 in quality of games, services or features.

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#111 BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts

[QUOTE="BPoole96"]

PS3 still has a better and more diverse library of games. I agree about the PS3 getting terrible ports Besthesda. I don't play 100 hr RPGs so that doesn't bother me though.

Neither PC nor 360 EVER got Metal Gear Solid 5 which is dwarfs any PC/360 meshing including Witcher and Mass Effect. Many would Xbox 360 is really missing out on Ni No Kuni as well if you want to talk RPGs....

StrongBlackVine

I enjoyed MGS4 but I do not consider it anything to be jealous of since it is a game that has more cutscenes than actual gameplay. I like to play games, not watch them.

Let's also not forget that the 360 is the best console for hack and slash. There are 3 juggernauts in the hack and slash genre thish gen: Bayonetta, Ninja Gaiden, and Devil May Cry. 360 has the far superior version of Bayonetta, Ninja Gaiden 2 without the gimped difficulty and terrible Ayane and Rachel missions, Backwards compatible with Ninja Gaiden Black (best HnS of all time), and the superior version of the newly released DMC game.

God of War is the current king of hack n slash and it is a Sony exclusive. The last Ninja Gaiden was straight garbage.

God of War has the shallowest gameplay of any hack and slash. NG3 was garbage but the first and second were genre leading

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33098 Posts

[QUOTE="super600"]

DivineSword

I actually played and wath my cousins play on their PS3 before and played on one. It's pretty good, but I hated the updates my cousins had to do with the games they owned and how slow they could be at times.

hippiesanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#113 hippiesanta
Member since 2005 • 10301 Posts
 my vision on xbox360 owner
PhazonBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#114 PhazonBlazer
Member since 2007 • 12013 Posts

I would have to say PS3. The Wii has alot of great games like Xenoblade, Mario Galaxy 1 and 2, Skyward Sword, and Super Smash Bros Brawl, but the PS3 just has a better variety and more third party support.

Never owned a 360.

StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 StrongBlackVine

[QUOTE="mems_1224"] cool, lets not count games because you're an idiot. makes sense. mems_1224

limbo is multiplat noob :lol:

I said there were two download only games I was familiar with: one is Limbo and the other was Journey GOTY PS3 exclusive. Your reading comprehension is off because I didn't imply or say the Limbo was a PS3 exclusive.

StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 StrongBlackVine

[QUOTE="BPoole96"]

BPoole96

God of War has the shallowest gameplay of any hack and slash. NG3 was garbage but the first and second were genre leading

Not a big hack n slash fan, but the fact remains that God Of War is the most popular hack n slash franchise by a wide margin.

DivineSword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 DivineSword  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 15840 Posts

I actually played and wath my cousins play on their PS3 before and played on one. It's pretty good, but I hated the updates my cousins had to do with the games they owned and how slow they could be at times.

super600

Then shame on you for picking 360 over PS3.:P Really though, updates can get really annoying at times but shouldn't be that much of a factor.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

pc

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 BPoole96

[QUOTE="BPoole96"]

StrongBlackVine

Not a big hack n slash fan, but the fact remains that God Of War is the most popular hack n slash franchise by a wide margin.

And..?

CoD is the msot popular FPS by a wide margin. Does that mean it is the best FPS ever?

hippiesanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 hippiesanta
[QUOTE="Jankarcop"]

pc pc PC, for current gen: -Most total games (AAA+AA). Also holds true when +A. -Most exclusive games. 4-3x than each console, including Street Cleaning Simulator, DayZ and multiple flash game. -Best version of "90%" of multiplats. -Most bad rated games libraries.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 Jankarcop

[QUOTE="Jankarcop"]

pc pc PC, for current gen: -Most total games (AAA+AA). Also holds true when +A. -Most exclusive games. 4-3x than each console, including Street Cleaning Simulator, DayZ and multiple flash game. -Best version of "90%" of multiplats. -Most bad rated games libraries.

hippiesanta

DayZ did not score AA or Above. Most flash titles are unscored.  Streat Cleaning Sim got a 1.1

Maybe I should make that more accurate on my list that the 4-3x exclusives are only AA-AAA?

Also, you mad?

whiskeystrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 whiskeystrike
Member since 2011 • 12213 Posts

I'm the one trolling this thread Jank, get out

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 BPoole96

whiskeystrike
Do I have to leave too?
whiskeystrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 whiskeystrike
[QUOTE="whiskeystrike"]

BPoole96
Do I have to leave too?

You have some cow in you... You can stay
hippiesanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 hippiesanta

[QUOTE="hippiesanta"][QUOTE="Jankarcop"]

Jankarcop

DayZ did not score AA or Above. Most flash titles are unscored.  Streat Cleaning Sim got a 1.1

Maybe I should make that more accurate on my list that the 4-3x exclusives are only AA-AAA?

Also, you mad?

with b@lls.... yes , a little bit
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 StrongBlackVine

[QUOTE="Jankarcop"]

hippiesanta

There is a lot of crap for released PC. You can develop a PC game in your basment. Most total games doesn't impress me...Street Cleaning Simulator, DayZ running on the horrible Arma 2 engine...bleh

Masenkoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#127 Masenkoe
Member since 2007 • 4897 Posts

[QUOTE="whiskeystrike"]

BPoole96

Do I have to leave too?

Have you even been posting? lolo

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 BPoole96
[QUOTE="BPoole96"][QUOTE="whiskeystrike"]

whiskeystrike
Do I have to leave too?

You have some cow in you... You can stay

:D
BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 BPoole96

[QUOTE="BPoole96"][QUOTE="whiskeystrike"]

Masenkoe

Do I have to leave too?

Have you even been posting? lolo

I've made like 3-4 posts
Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 Jankarcop

[QUOTE="hippiesanta"][QUOTE="Jankarcop"]

StrongBlackVine

There is a lot of crap for released PC. You can develop a PC game in your basment. Most total games doesn't impress me...Street Cleaning Simulator, DayZ running on the horrible Arma 2 engine...bleh

The lists are only including AA and above.

Unless you think Gamespot is giving dayz and streatcleaner aa scores..which they arne't.

Ly_the_Fairy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 Ly_the_Fairy
Member since 2011 • 8541 Posts

[QUOTE="DivineSword"]

super600

They truly are awful.

famicommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 famicommander
Member since 2008 • 8524 Posts
DS > PSP > Wii > PC > PS3 > 360 for me this generation, but since I own all of them it's pretty arbitrary to rank them. They all get played (as do my Wii U, 3DS, and Vita).
Teuf_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 Teuf_
Member since 2004 • 30805 Posts

pc

Jankarcop

Toaster

- Makes toast
- Comes in all kinds of different colors and shapes
- Can toast bagels (sometimes)
- Pop tarts?

sonic1564

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 sonic1564
Member since 2008 • 3265 Posts

That poor calf strongblackvine is so jelly of Godbox 360 that he had to make alternate accounts just to get PS3 #1. So much for Sony Domination Continuation where the only game that actually isn't an interactive movie is Infamous 2.

famicommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 famicommander

Toaster

- Makes toast
- Pop tarts?

Teufelhuhn
I eat my poptarts right out of the box. Very rarely do I heat them up and when I do I am usually disappointed. Toast is good, but ultimately less good than Fire Emblem. Therefore, Nintendos > toasters.
whiskeystrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 whiskeystrike

I like frozen poptarts :P

OreoMilkshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#137 OreoMilkshake
Member since 2009 • 12833 Posts
Wii
-Patrick_92-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 -Patrick_92-
Member since 2008 • 2168 Posts

[QUOTE="Jankarcop"]

pc

Teufelhuhn

Toaster

- Makes toast
- Pop tarts?

Toasters are so inconsistent though, perfect toast one time, the next batch is burnt, even though you used the same time as the first batch. Toaster fanboys are the worst :lol: The Microwave is much better. It's the obviously a gen ahead of the Toaster, yet Toaster fanboys don't want to admit it.

The power of teh nuke baby :cool:

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#139 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

easily the PS3.

OreoMilkshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#140 OreoMilkshake
Member since 2009 • 12833 Posts
[QUOTE="Teufelhuhn"]

[QUOTE="Jankarcop"]

pc

-Patrick_92-

Toaster

- Makes toast
- Pop tarts?

Toasters are so inconsistent though, perfect toast one time, the next batch is burnt, even though you used the same time as the first batch. Toaster fanboys are the worst :lol: The Microwave is much better. It's the obviously a gen ahead of the Toaster, yet Toaster fanboys don't want to admit it.

But all toasters toast toast.
famicommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 famicommander
[QUOTE="-Patrick_92-"][QUOTE="Teufelhuhn"]

Toaster

- Makes toast
- Pop tarts?

OreoMilkshake

Toasters toast bread.
-Patrick_92-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 -Patrick_92-
Member since 2008 • 2168 Posts

[QUOTE="-Patrick_92-"][QUOTE="Teufelhuhn"]

Toaster

- Makes toast
- Pop tarts?

OreoMilkshake

Yeah, but that's like only one exclusive. Microwaves have Easy Mac, Ramen, Popcorn, Extra Butter Popcorn and Kettle Corn, and leftovers. :cool:

Toasters: It only does toast :lol:

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 AM-Gamer
Member since 2012 • 8116 Posts

The PS3 for me, even after owning a Xbox and a gaming pc I play the PS3 more then all of them.  Mostly because theres a select few exclusive franchises that I really enjoy not to mention PS+ is an outstanding value. 

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#144 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

Wii followed by 360 lack of split screen hurt hd twins the most and 10 dollar more then wii games sorry wii wins by default  ,   and it did have more exclusives from not only first but third parties as well meanwhile ps3 360 shared games ,

also the price point was another deciding factor ,  it didn't cost an arm and a leg to own one ,   

same reason why wii u is awsome,  ---games games games not graphics graphics graphics , ,   

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts

Wii, with the PS3 at an extremely close second.

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts
PS3
delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts
Billbox 360
BlbecekBobecek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 BlbecekBobecek
Member since 2006 • 2949 Posts

Well, the poll is pretty one-sided. Well deserved imo.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#149 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

Wii, with the PS3 at an extremely close second.

ChubbyGuy40

Same. I have a PC so the 360 and PS3 were mostly useless. I have about 25 wii games that I enjoyed. About 15 PS3 games.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#150 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

360 because of it's library and controller.