System Warrior Writes Article Ranting Against PCMR; pulled

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by cfisher2833 (1581 posts) -

Link to cached version of pulled article.

So what happened? This Nick Sibetta wrote an article for Gamecrate, a website apparently owned and operated by Newegg.com; well Newegg shared this particular article which rants and raves about the PCMR meme, which in turn causes PC gamers (ie the people that buy anything from Newegg) to complain on Newegg's facebook page. Facebook post gets deleted, and the site pulls the article. lulz

Anyway....who wants to bet this is uninspiredcup!? I mean, come on!! ;)

#2 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (13420 posts) -

The master race shtick does get taken too far sometimes. It's even sadder when some of the neckbeards out there actually believe it.

#3 Posted by freedomfreak (39148 posts) -

Oh yeah, that PCMR stuff is still funny.

#4 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (24886 posts) -

PC Master Race =/= Nazis.

If you even think they're the same you deserve your article to be pulled.

#5 Posted by Krelian-co (10368 posts) -

That's what happens when peasants go against THE Master Race

#6 Edited by KungfuKitten (20852 posts) -

This is like one of those anti-racist groups calling anything unimportant enough to be racism.

Think about this:
If you never let people use words that have a negative connotation in a more positive way, but you do let people butcher the words that have a positive connotation, what do you end up with?
Language evolves. If you only stop positive change...

#7 Edited by lamprey263 (23142 posts) -

Doesn't bug me, I understand the hyperbole and more often I see it being used to poke fun at PC gamers. I don't feel it promotes racist attitudes or makes light of racism in the slightest. I'm more offended by the real life instances of racism that bare no connection to this that happens on a daily basis.

#8 Edited by Cloud_imperium (2519 posts) -

Lol . Someone is taking internet way too seriously .

"Hell yeah PC Master Race FTW" . Oh sh*t , now I'll become killing machine in real life .

#9 Posted by StrifeDelivery (1392 posts) -

The master race shtick does get taken too far sometimes. It's even sadder when some of the neckbeards out there actually believe it.

Mhmm... after a while it just got old. I mean, yes, Master Race, woo hoo, so cools, but, the fun evaporated after it got posted over and over and over again.

#10 Edited by R4gn4r0k (16296 posts) -

FFS this is stupid. Master race has nothing to do with Nazis. It's been used long before that.

People have always claimed superiority over others in our history and the PC master race is just a stupid term used by some to claim their system of choice is better. That is all. The comparison to nazis is very far fetched. But then again, this is the internet, everyone gets called a nazi in some way or another.

I'm reading the first line of the 'article' (can barely call it that, did any research go into it, or was it used to vent anger from the writer?) and they've already lost me.

People actually believe there are multiple human races ?

#11 Edited by freedomfreak (39148 posts) -

Oh, and if a SW'er wrote that, it would be Iowe.

#12 Edited by clyde46 (44906 posts) -

Hitler was a cool guy.

#13 Edited by speedfog (3044 posts) -

Poor peasants.

#14 Edited by geniobastardo (1294 posts) -

People who take these things seriously need to go back to school and stay there. They're too young to be on the internet.

#15 Posted by MlauTheDaft (3369 posts) -

Whoever wrote that article should feel bad for writing such silly things.

#16 Edited by Desmonic (13413 posts) -

We all know there is only one TRUE Master Race. Hermits can cry all they want :P

#17 Posted by scottpsfan14 (3773 posts) -

That was me lol.

Not really... *crickets*

#18 Edited by WallofTruth (1529 posts) -
@clyde46 said:

Hitler was a cool guy.

I know right? He was such a funny guy! His Hitlerbeard always cracks me up and when he rages then I'm getting hysterical.

But besides his comedy gold, he was kinda an assmunch :/

#19 Posted by AmazonAngry (945 posts) -

Lol! Same thing happens on system wars. PC biased mods love to pull any threads which show PC gaming in a negative light.

Pc community...further solidifying why it's the equivalent of a round of bozo buckets

#20 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (13420 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k said:

FFS this is stupid. Master race has nothing to do with Nazis. It's been used long before that.

People have always claimed superiority over others in our history and the PC master race is just a stupid term used by some to claim their system of choice is better. That is all. The comparison to nazis is very far fetched. But then again, this is the internet, everyone gets called a nazi in some way or another.

I'm reading the first line of the 'article' (can barely call it that, did any research go into it, or was it used to vent anger from the writer?) and they've already lost me.

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

People actually believe there are multiple human races ?

#21 Edited by faizan_faizan (7846 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

Hitler was a cool guy.

I've been recently reading The Diary of a Young Girl and this isn't funny in any conceivable way.

#22 Posted by blackace (20272 posts) -

@speedfog said:

Poor peasants.

Hitler and Nazis were peasants? Ok.

Human Race > Master Race > Peasants.

#23 Posted by clyde46 (44906 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

Hitler was a cool guy.

I've been recently reading The Diary of a Young Girl and this isn't funny in any conceivable way.

I think its funny.

#24 Posted by blue_hazy_basic (27385 posts) -

Thread started badly and got worse. Any user who links the term "master race" to facism or who uses it any fashion other than a light hearted one on this board will face serious sanctions. SW is meant to be taken tongue in cheek.