Sword Art Online localization for Vita this summer!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

AND OH MY GOD!

even more announcements for the Vita as Namco Bandai confirms Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment is getting localized for the Vita and is releasing this Summer!

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/04/22/sword-art-online-hollow-fragment-coming-north-america-summer/

Yesterday Namco confirmed Tales of Hearts R to be releasing on Vita this Winter.

FlamesOfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 FlamesOfGrey
Member since 2009 • 7511 Posts

Digital only. My Japanese copy is due to arrive this Friday so, I'll stick with that.

SonicNextGen2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 SonicNextGen2
Member since 2010 • 3592 Posts

Hmmmm, it looks like Phantasy Star.

However, I hate everything SAO related.

Decisions, decisions.

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By finalstar2007

Next up Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth Vita announcement? hope so!

TTUalumni13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6 TTUalumni13
Member since 2013 • 842 Posts

Eh, all the PSP and PS1 titles being downloadable on vita now is more exciting than this :P

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 ghostwarrior786
Member since 2005 • 5811 Posts

is the new guy who replaced jack tretton making all these vita moves? a lot of updates for vita recently

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 finalstar2007

@FlamesOfGrey said:

Digital only. My Japanese copy is due to arrive this Friday so, I'll stick with that.

Digital been my way of gaming on the Vita since it came out so being digital only is a no bother for me at.

Cannot wait!

FlamesOfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 FlamesOfGrey

@finalstar2007 said:

@FlamesOfGrey said:

Digital been my way of gaming on the Vita since it came out so being digital only is a no bother for me at.

Cannot wait!

Yes, it is better then no release at all for no Japanese speaking gamers. I'll go physical until gaming becomes digital only though.

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 finalstar2007

@FlamesOfGrey said:

@finalstar2007 said:

@FlamesOfGrey said:

Cannot wait!

Yes, it is better then no release at all for no Japanese speaking gamers. I'll go physical until gaming becomes digital only though.

It might be a while till physical copies completely go away but its happening little by little right now.

Avatar image for deactivated-586249e1b64ba
deactivated-586249e1b64ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-586249e1b64ba
Member since 2004 • 7629 Posts

As a note, anyone interested in playing this in English but wants a physical copy may want to wait for the Asian release in May as that will have English or so I'm told.

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

I had no interest for the anime but now looking more into the game it looks kinda fun.Though I have a feeling it will be subbed not dubbed since digital only usally means that.

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#14 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

id rather have a log horizon game

DealRogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 DealRogers
Member since 2005 • 4589 Posts

So... is it going to be MMO?

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 finalstar2007

@Technoweirdo said:

As a note, anyone interested in playing this in English but wants a physical copy may want to wait for the Asian release in May as that will have English or so I'm told.

What is your sig from? game or anime?

porting the asian copy will probably cost double than it will be priced on PSN english version so i doubt that many going to do that, just get PSN version that way we support the english version and get the cheapest version while at it.

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 finalfantasy94

@Technoweirdo said:

You mean english subs?Since we dont know if this will be dubbed or not.

benleslie5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 557

#18 benleslie5  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 9174 Posts

Now this is a surprise to see plus it's nice to see games like theses coming over here.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 deactivated-586249e1b64ba

@finalstar2007 said:

@Technoweirdo said:

What is your sig from? game or anime?

porting the asian copy will probably cost double than it will be priced on PSN english version so i doubt that many going to do that, just get PSN version that way we support the english version and get the cheapest version while at it.

Anime, specifically Guilty Crown which I don't recommend watching. (I should get my sig swapped...)

As for supporting the English version, I'd -love- to, but I ordered the JP version already~ albeit at 1.5x the cost. ._. Least I get to play way before you guys.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deactivated-586249e1b64ba

@finalfantasy94 said:

@Technoweirdo said:

Given the close proximity to the JP release, I'd imagine subs. Given that the NA version is digital-only (Read: They're not trying to spend much on localization), it'll likely be subbed too.

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 finalfantasy94

@Technoweirdo said:

@finalfantasy94 said:

@Technoweirdo said:

Given the close proximity to the JP release, I'd imagine subs. Given that the NA version is digital-only (Read: They're not trying to spend much on localization), it'll likely be subbed too.

yea was worried about that.Looks like a pass if true.Doesint make much sense sine the anime was dubbed.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

Vita means Life!

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 finalstar2007

@Technoweirdo said:

@finalfantasy94 said:

@Technoweirdo said:

Yeah i wouldnt be surprised if it will be english subs which is perfectly fine imo.. i believe Sony has a policy where Japanese audio with English subs can be only released digitally but at the same time im sure i read somewhere how they removed that policy as SEGA was able to release Yakuza perfectly fine physically so now its more open and up to the publisher/developer.

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By finalfantasy94

@finalstar2007 said:

@Technoweirdo said:

@finalfantasy94 said:

@Technoweirdo said:

Yeah i wouldnt be surprised if it will be english subs which is perfectly fine imo.. i believe Sony has a policy where Japanese audio with English subs can be only released digitally but at the same time im sure i read somewhere how they removed that policy as SEGA was able to release Yakuza perfectly fine physically so now its more open and up to the publisher/developer.

For me I cant do subs.Im not a big fan of JPN voice work.The only reason I kept buying yakuza games was cause I liked the first one and that was dubbed and since they kept coming in I wanted to know more of the story and had no other choice.Im actually kinda afraid of how open they are with devs since its just gives them more reason to release it without doing a dub.Now everytime a game is announced coming from jpn not from a big studio I gatta worry if its dubbed or not.

bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#25 bbkkristian
Member since 2008 • 14971 Posts

Day One, I'm so glad I don't have to import it.

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 finalstar2007

@finalfantasy94 said:

@finalstar2007 said:

@Technoweirdo said:

@finalfantasy94 said:

@Technoweirdo said:

For me I cant do subs.Im not a big fan of JPN voice work.The only reason I kept buying yakuza games was cause I liked the first one and that was dubbed and since they kept coming in I wanted to know more of the story and had no other choice.Im actually kinda afraid of how open they are with devs since its just gives them more reason to release it without doing a dub.Now everytime a game is announced coming from jpn not from a big studio I gatta worry if its dubbed or not.

But that openness is really good! this way we can see a lot of games come over from Japan even without English dubs its perfectly fine besides it will not only save the devs/publishers money it will also help them make sequels and bring them all over.

what Sony is doing is really good imo.

whats great is that even visual novels are now allowed to be localized/brought over ( which is why the first ever is also coming over from Japan for the Vita this year i believe its called Xblaze ( engish subs only ) and quite a few are coming to PS3 too ).. seriously this openness is very good for gamers.

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By finalfantasy94

@finalstar2007 said:

@finalfantasy94 said:

@finalstar2007 said:

@Technoweirdo said:

@finalfantasy94 said:

@Technoweirdo said:

But that openness is really good! this way we can see a lot of games come over from Japan even without English dubs its perfectly fine besides it will not only save the devs/publishers money it will also help them make sequels and bring them all over.

what Sony is doing is really good imo.

whats great is that even visual novels are now allowed to be localized/brought over ( which is why the first ever is also coming over from Japan for the Vita this year i believe its called Xblaze ( engish subs only ) and quite a few are coming to PS3 too ).. seriously this openness is very good for gamers.

I see it as a double edge sword.The openess allows more to come in but in return the devs get lazy and dont even bother dubbing it.Hell xblaze a game from the BB devs who always dubbed their games like you said is not even dubbed.Even though I like the BB story and characters I will be skipping this since its not dubbed.Im afraid it might encourge my devs to bring stuff over without even trying.

j2zon2591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By j2zon2591
Member since 2005 • 3571 Posts

Will definitely get.. not even a fan of SAO but the game gives me a flavor of early to mid 2000 MMOs (and for a portable offline game).. yum yum nostalgia.

I wish RO VITA was closer to this.. I love drowning in hotslots/quickslots!

Avatar image for Lord_Omikron666
Lord_Omikron666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Lord_Omikron666
Member since 2007 • 4838 Posts

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#30 remiks00
Member since 2006 • 4249 Posts

@Lord_Omikron666 said:

lol damn those are bad scores. Where is this review? I can't seem to find it.

FlamesOfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 FlamesOfGrey
@remiks00 said:

@Lord_Omikron666 said:

lol damn those are bad scores. Where is this review? I can't seem to find it.

That is a fake review?There is no review for the PSP game Infinite Moment as the game wasn't released in English and I'm pretty sure Kevin VanOrd doesn't know Japanese.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 deactivated-586249e1b64ba

Nice try, but the date and platform availability is a dead giveaway on top of what FoG said.