SWM #69 - CaseyWegner is back on Gamespot. Everybody give him a cake.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#351 Posted by Blabadon (27214 posts) -
I dont understand the controversy so much, maybe because everything Casey did was dramatic. He stirred the pot on the purpose all the time. He was a fun poster, a good troll, but not someone worthy of mod status. Abuse of power.carljohnson3456
Please post more Carl. We've missed you man.
#352 Posted by SolidTy (44558 posts) -

Sometimes I'm glad to only be posting here in the last few years. I keep hearing stories of drama that happened to numerous people around ehre before that, sounded like a pretty tense fvcking place

seanmcloughlin

Many times too, the stories of events and drama are one sided...but yes, it was a pretty tense place, mostly because of Gamespot.com moderation policy itself.

There was some really bad calls happening back then, it just drove away posters.

I posted today to say hi to Carl, so I've done my part.

#353 Posted by carljohnson3456 (12423 posts) -
[QUOTE="carljohnson3456"]I dont understand the controversy so much, maybe because everything Casey did was dramatic. He stirred the pot on the purpose all the time. He was a fun poster, a good troll, but not someone worthy of mod status. Abuse of power.Blabadon

Thanks man. I appreciate it!!
#354 Posted by Blabadon (27214 posts) -
[QUOTE="Blabadon"][QUOTE="carljohnson3456"]I dont understand the controversy so much, maybe because everything Casey did was dramatic. He stirred the pot on the purpose all the time. He was a fun poster, a good troll, but not someone worthy of mod status. Abuse of power.carljohnson3456

Where you been at for so long?
#355 Posted by Eddie-Vedder (7800 posts) -

[QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"]

----

[QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"]

Casey is such a clown :lol: 

lundy86_4

...you guys were worse then hitler...

Eddie-Vedder

link.

----

What a trash mod. Eddie-Vedder

Link.

Look up "fact checking".

Lundy is like a 7 year old, I have to explain everything. I said personal, as in real life stuff. Casey is a SW persona, I call people morons all the time but I'm talking to their SW personas, I never bring real life into it. I never actually get personal. I never leave the realm of SW in my debates.
#356 Posted by carljohnson3456 (12423 posts) -
[QUOTE="Blabadon"][QUOTE="carljohnson3456"][QUOTE="Blabadon"] Please post more Carl. We've missed you man.

Just away, lol. It's good to come back here tho and chat it up with you guys. lol.
#357 Posted by organic_machine (9686 posts) -

Just away, lol. It's good to come back here tho and chat it up with you guys. lol. carljohnson3456

*spits out drink*

CJ?! Is that really YOU?!

How have you been? Didn't you get married a while back? How is that going?

#358 Posted by Blabadon (27214 posts) -
[QUOTE="carljohnson3456"][QUOTE="Blabadon"][QUOTE="carljohnson3456"] Thanks man. I appreciate it!!

Just away, lol. It's good to come back here tho and chat it up with you guys. lol.

Stick around this time, they're some good users still left here.
#359 Posted by carljohnson3456 (12423 posts) -

[QUOTE="carljohnson3456"]Just away, lol. It's good to come back here tho and chat it up with you guys. lol. organic_machine

*spits out drink*

Hahahaha. Funny you ask!! DIVORCED!!! LMAO.
#360 Posted by carljohnson3456 (12423 posts) -
[QUOTE="Blabadon"][QUOTE="carljohnson3456"][QUOTE="Blabadon"] Where you been at for so long?

Stick around this time, they're some good users still left here.

Yeah I know man. I miss ol System Wars. I'm always around man.
#361 Posted by organic_machine (9686 posts) -

Hahahaha. Funny you ask!! DIVORCED!!! LMAO. carljohnson3456

WHAT?! are you serious?! It was Ellen Page, wasn't it?! Knew it

#362 Posted by AdobeArtist (22973 posts) -

[QUOTE="carljohnson3456"]Hahahaha. Funny you ask!! DIVORCED!!! LMAO. organic_machine

WHAT?! are you serious?! It was Ellen Page, wasn't it?! Knew it

Sorry to hear that CJ. But it is good to have you back.

#363 Posted by organic_machine (9686 posts) -

AdobeArtist

By the way, I still can't get over this sig. It's genuinely fantastic!

#364 Posted by Blabadon (27214 posts) -

[QUOTE="AdobeArtist"]

organic_machine

By the way, I still can't get over this sig. It's genuinely fantastic!

How the bike is shiny, no one will ever know.
#365 Posted by organic_machine (9686 posts) -

How the bike is shiny, no one will ever know.Blabadon
I was talking about my own sig, but whatevs! :P

#366 Posted by SolidTy (44558 posts) -

[QUOTE="organic_machine"]

[QUOTE="carljohnson3456"]Just away, lol. It's good to come back here tho and chat it up with you guys. lol. carljohnson3456

*spits out drink*

Hahahaha. Funny you ask!! DIVORCED!!! LMAO.

Damn, sorry or happy to hear that depending...:shock:

Hello again carl. :P

#367 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38217 posts) -

Sometimes I'm glad to only be posting here in the last few years. I keep hearing stories of drama that happened to numerous people around ehre before that, sounded like a pretty tense fvcking place

#368 Posted by organic_machine (9686 posts) -

seanmcloughlin

Maybe I'm crazy, but I think that nowadays people take SW more seriously. Back in the day, fanboyism was much more common, so people didn't care as much. I think it was much more carefree.

#369 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38217 posts) -

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

organic_machine

Maybe I'm crazy, but I think that nowadays people take SW more seriously. Back in the day, fanboyism was much more common, so people didn't care as much. I think it was much more carefree.

People take the whole devotion to a lump of plastic thing a bit too far now but that's just the internet anyway being a place where everyone thinks they're right and their opinion is fact. But around here all I see are trolls and the normal people are still pretty chill about it. 

But then again I wasn't there at the time so I don't know, I'm just hearing all the dirty laundry because that's what everyone remembers

#370 Posted by jg4xchamp (48742 posts) -
lol @ the last few pages of this thread.
#371 Posted by jg4xchamp (48742 posts) -
[QUOTE="TheEroica"][QUOTE="Heil68"]...He was elected as King of SW in 2011 after the previous King, Champ, was banned for using profane language against the main character of Bayonnetta. The current reigning King, Darklink, could not be reached for comment. LOL Awesome mag Willy, thanks for putting Pedal to Metal in there too!

:lol: did that really happen to champ!?! My word... Sometimes I think I'm on the muppet babies waiting to be spanked by nanny.... And thanks willy! All u do is much appreciated.

Yeah back in the day it was considered offensive to say Bayonetta is a slut. I mean technically there were other factors in play, and me and my moderation history, but that was my last moderation and my banning. Dumb as f*ck.
#372 Posted by Teuf_ (30805 posts) -

[QUOTE="TheEroica"][QUOTE="Heil68"]...He was elected as King of SW in 2011 after the previous King, Champ, was banned for using profane language against the main character of Bayonnetta. The current reigning King, Darklink, could not be reached for comment. LOL Awesome mag Willy, thanks for putting Pedal to Metal in there too! jg4xchamp
:lol: did that really happen to champ!?! My word... Sometimes I think I'm on the muppet babies waiting to be spanked by nanny.... And thanks willy! All u do is much appreciated.

Yeah back in the day it was considered offensive to say Bayonetta is a slut. I mean technically there were other factors in play, and me and my moderation history, but that was my last moderation and my banning. Dumb as f*ck.

If you said it again I'd still mod you for it. Just for old time's sake. :)

#373 Posted by jg4xchamp (48742 posts) -

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"][QUOTE="TheEroica"] :lol: did that really happen to champ!?! My word... Sometimes I think I'm on the muppet babies waiting to be spanked by nanny.... And thanks willy! All u do is much appreciated. Teufelhuhn

That was the biggest highway robbery of the century. My destiny was to be banned by Teuf, not some nobody mod aint no body ever heard of. Such a System Wars travesty.
#374 Posted by DarkLink77 (31697 posts) -
[QUOTE="Teufelhuhn"]

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"] Yeah back in the day it was considered offensive to say Bayonetta is a slut. I mean technically there were other factors in play, and me and my moderation history, but that was my last moderation and my banning. Dumb as f*ck. jg4xchamp

That was the biggest highway robbery of the century. My destiny was to be banned by Teuf, not some nobody mod aint no body ever heard of. Such a System Wars travesty.

The best part is you essentially got yourself banned by posting in Ask the Mods. :lol:
#375 Posted by jg4xchamp (48742 posts) -
[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"][QUOTE="Teufelhuhn"]

If you said it again I'd still mod you for it. Just for old time's sake. :)DarkLink77

The best part is you essentially got yourself banned by posting in Ask the Mods. :lol:

Yo the one time I went to Ask the Mods, would be the time I get banned. Such hoetry. I should have went to Teuf. I SHOULD HAVE WENT TO TEUF!!
#376 Posted by Teuf_ (30805 posts) -

[QUOTE="Teufelhuhn"]

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"] Yeah back in the day it was considered offensive to say Bayonetta is a slut. I mean technically there were other factors in play, and me and my moderation history, but that was my last moderation and my banning. Dumb as f*ck. jg4xchamp

That's why I made sure to suggest your name when they started un-banning people: so that one day I could do it myself.

When it happens I'll be sure to do it right. I'll make a stickied thread weeks in advance, and sell tickets for admission.

#377 Posted by DarkLink77 (31697 posts) -
[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"][QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="jg4xchamp"] That was the biggest highway robbery of the century. My destiny was to be banned by Teuf, not some nobody mod aint no body ever heard of. Such a System Wars travesty.

Yo the one time I went to Ask the Mods, would be the time I get banned. Such hoetry. I should have went to Teuf. I SHOULD HAVE WENT TO TEUF!!

A mistake on the level of finishing Mafia II, to be sure.
#378 Posted by jg4xchamp (48742 posts) -
[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"][QUOTE="DarkLink77"]

DarkLink77

That's why I made sure to suggest your name when they started un-banning people: so that one day I could do it myself.

When it happens I'll be sure to do it right. I'll make a stickied thread weeks in advance, and sell tickets for admission.

It'll sell more than a ....well you know what kind of game.
#379 Posted by Teuf_ (30805 posts) -

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="jg4xchamp"] That was the biggest highway robbery of the century. My destiny was to be banned by Teuf, not some nobody mod aint no body ever heard of. Such a System Wars travesty. jg4xchamp

I'm sorry, I couldn't hear you over the sound of my royalty checks.

#380 Posted by lundy86_4 (43754 posts) -

Lundy is like a 7 year old, I have to explain everything. I said personal, as in real life stuff. Casey is a SW persona, I call people morons all the time but I'm talking to their SW personas, I never bring real life into it. I never actually get personal. I never leave the realm of SW in my debates. Eddie-Vedder

Why, exactly, am I like a 7 year old?

How would you insult him in real life. Many of us live in entirely seperate countries. Also, you specifically said you'd buy him a beer in real life. Nothing about insulting him in real life. At the end of the day, everything you have been saying is BS. You also specifically avoided one of my posts because you simply had nothing to say in  response.

#381 Posted by jg4xchamp (48742 posts) -

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"][QUOTE="DarkLink77"]

Teufelhuhn

I'm sorry, I couldn't hear you over the sound of my royalty checks.

bet you bought some ballin ass Snickers with them checks.
#382 Posted by Ballroompirate (23290 posts) -

Bring Casey back!!!freedomfreak

No

tumblr_ml8sx7i0hz1r4lywro1_400.jpg

I hated the guy

#383 Posted by AdobeArtist (22973 posts) -

[QUOTE="Blabadon"]How the bike is shiny, no one will ever know.organic_machine

:lol::lol:

And still people notice the bike in my sig :P

#384 Posted by blue_hazy_basic (28038 posts) -

[QUOTE="organic_machine"]

[QUOTE="Blabadon"]How the bike is shiny, no one will ever know.AdobeArtist

Its a really nice bike! Wish you hand't cut so much of it off :(
#385 Posted by Badosh (12741 posts) -

[QUOTE="freedomfreak"]Bring Casey back!!!Ballroompirate

No

tumblr_ml8sx7i0hz1r4lywro1_400.jpg

I hated the guy

:lol:
#386 Posted by locopatho (20421 posts) -
[QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

[QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"]No you got owned, asking for proof in certain debates is ignorant and makes you look like a moron, just like I proved. Asking for proof for something you know we can't possibly prove is childish. People are in this thread detailing their experiences here on this board and these Casey fanboys just keep spamming "Prove it". You can't prove it, theres nothing to prove, it's peoples experiences. Asking for proof is ignorant. you messed up. Admit it. Next time read the posts before simply picking a side and trying to insult someone. Eddie-Vedder

This, quite literally, makes no sense.

First and foremost - It's not ignorant, it's standard practice. You make claim A, then you must provide evidence to back up said claim. That is what the burden of truth is. If this were solely based on experience, then it should have been put forth as an  assumption. It was not. Casey was figuratively, burned at the stake.

Secondly, if it's not provable, then the claim shouldn't be made. You, and others, have argued until you are blue in the face, that you were modded by Casey. Yet, the modding system is anonymous, except to those with mod status, or employees of this website.

Again, read slowly Casey nuthuggers so you might understand. I fully admitted he might not have been the one to press the suspend button, what I said was, getting in debates with Casey more then anyone else on this board got you modded a ridiculous amount, maybe he simply reported the posts, maybe he had a fanboy army reporting for him, read that again slowly. What everyone is claiming is getting in debates with Casey got you modded 9 times out of 10. Who gives a flying fk if it was Casey or not pulling the trigger, he was always at the center of the situation anyway. I'm sure Casey knew how to play the game too, back then people were pro passive aggressive trolls.

Because you went crazy at him. The fact you were "baited" by a guy being calm and polite is again, a reflection on how fvcking mental cows are.
#387 Posted by locopatho (20421 posts) -
[QUOTE="AdobeArtist"]

[QUOTE="organic_machine"]I was talking about my own sig, but whatevs! :P

blue_hazy_basic

Yeah honestly, could the girls be moved so we see the full bike?
#388 Posted by Eddie-Vedder (7800 posts) -

[QUOTE="locopatho"][QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"] Again, read slowly Casey nuthuggers so you might understand. I fully admitted he might not have been the one to press the suspend button, what I said was, getting in debates with Casey more then anyone else on this board got you modded a ridiculous amount, maybe he simply reported the posts, maybe he had a fanboy army reporting for him, read that again slowly. What everyone is claiming is getting in debates with Casey got you modded 9 times out of 10. Who gives a flying fk if it was Casey or not pulling the trigger, he was always at the center of the situation anyway. I'm sure Casey knew how to play the game too, back then people were pro passive aggressive trolls.Frostbite24
Because you went crazy at him. The fact you were "baited" by a guy being calm and polite is again, a reflection on how fvcking mental cows are.

Nailed it.

Nope. More proof you guys weren't around at the time. You got modded for spelling errors pretty much back then. Going crazy would get you insta banned. But I know I know, you guys are just hugging that nut. Carry on.

#389 Posted by lundy86_4 (43754 posts) -

[QUOTE="Badosh"]Eddie is still going? roflEddie-Vedder
I was quoted moron. The nuthuggers are the ones keeping this going.

You realize that if you don't respond, it will stop, right? People stopped laughing at trollop's genius a while ago.

#390 Posted by lundy86_4 (43754 posts) -

You get what you deserve, I tried to be reasonable, I admitted he was probably blamed for somethings he didn't deserve, you're the one that's being a total Casey nuthugger and won't allow for any possibility that he was anything but a kind unbiased mod presence back in the day in SW. Even Super which I have been told is like his pupil had a much more rational discussion on the matter. You don't have it in you. The whole oldschool guard could come in here and tell you the exact same thing I and many others have and you'd just say "Prove it" and "Casey must have killed cows for breakfast". You're a lem, he stood up for lems. I get it. But stop lying to yourself. You aren't going to convince ANYONE that was around at the time that he wasn't extremely toxic. No other mod in SW history ever had had his negative impact on the board. Not even close. Eddie-Vedder

Oh God, more overly-lengthy posts, which contain little actual... Intelligence.

I'm sorry, where did I specifically say that he was a "kind unbiased mod"? Hell, where was it even insinuated? How was my discussion not rational? Due to it poking giant holes in your flawed logic? You completely avoided one of my posts because you had no rebuttal.

----

I'm a Lem?

beardofzeus.gif

When did that happen?

#391 Posted by AdobeArtist (22973 posts) -

[QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"][QUOTE="AdobeArtist"]

locopatho

Yeah honestly, could the girls be moved so we see the full bike?

youuuuuu people sicken me! :P

#392 Posted by lundy86_4 (43754 posts) -

It's always been like that. Lundy is 100% a lem in SW. If he isn't a lem I'm not a cow. Am I not a cow lundy?Eddie-Vedder

So, you are labelled depending on what side you choose? Fair enough. Go through all my posts, and scientifically work out my faction. I'll  guarantee  that I don't always take the side of Lems. I can wait.

Also, glorious attempt to dodge this:

I'm sorry, where did I specifically say that he was a "kind unbiased mod"? Hell, where was it even insinuated? How was my discussion not rational? Due to it poking giant holes in your flawed logic? You completely avoided one of my posts because you had no rebuttal.

lundy86_4

#394 Posted by Frostbite24 (4534 posts) -
[QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"][QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

This, quite literally, makes no sense.

First and foremost - It's not ignorant, it's standard practice. You make claim A, then you must provide evidence to back up said claim. That is what the burden of truth is. If this were solely based on experience, then it should have been put forth as an  assumption. It was not. Casey was figuratively, burned at the stake.

Secondly, if it's not provable, then the claim shouldn't be made. You, and others, have argued until you are blue in the face, that you were modded by Casey. Yet, the modding system is anonymous, except to those with mod status, or employees of this website.

locopatho
Again, read slowly Casey nuthuggers so you might understand. I fully admitted he might not have been the one to press the suspend button, what I said was, getting in debates with Casey more then anyone else on this board got you modded a ridiculous amount, maybe he simply reported the posts, maybe he had a fanboy army reporting for him, read that again slowly. What everyone is claiming is getting in debates with Casey got you modded 9 times out of 10. Who gives a flying fk if it was Casey or not pulling the trigger, he was always at the center of the situation anyway. I'm sure Casey knew how to play the game too, back then people were pro passive aggressive trolls.

Nailed it.
#395 Posted by lundy86_4 (43754 posts) -

Nope. More proof you guys weren't around at the time. You got modded for spelling errors pretty much back then. Going crazy would get you insta banned. But I know I know, you guys are just hugging that nut. Carry on.

Eddie-Vedder

Both Locopatho and Frostbite were around then :?

The fact that you can barely get your own "facts" straight, is a little worrying.

#396 Posted by Badosh (12741 posts) -
Eddie is still going? rofl
#397 Posted by lundy86_4 (43754 posts) -

Eddie is still going? roflBadosh

Apparently. He's completely avoided one of my posts, simply so he can carry on his delusions :lol:

I think Casey may have killed his family... It's the only reason I can think of.

#398 Posted by Eddie-Vedder (7800 posts) -
Eddie is still going? roflBadosh
#399 Posted by Eddie-Vedder (7800 posts) -

[QUOTE="Badosh"]Eddie is still going? rofllundy86_4

Apparently. He's completely avoided one of my posts, simply so he can carry on his delusions :lol:

I think Casey may have killed his family... It's the only reason I can think of.

Casey must have given you a pretty good time for you to have become that attached l0l. You seem to get pretty mad when people call him out. Very curious.
#400 Posted by Eddie-Vedder (7800 posts) -

[QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"][QUOTE="Badosh"]Eddie is still going? rofllundy86_4

You realize that if you don't respond, it will stop, right?

You realize that goes both ways right?