SWM #69 - CaseyWegner is back on Gamespot. Everybody give him a cake.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#251 kuraimen
Member since 2010 • 28078 Posts
[QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="super600"]

Do you have proof of that?Staff is another stroy. Synthia has been noticing how casey has been treated by that user lately.

locopatho
Proof of what? how can I prove something that I can't have access to? I just experienced it. My experience is enough to convince me that Casey was not a good mod and I'm not alone there. Other people might disagree fine but I personally have never seen such a drama around a mod on any other site I've been which tells me Casey was something special :)

Casey is literally the calmest most polite person I've ever seen on here. The fact you guys went fvcking balistic at such an inoffensive guy is a reflection on you, not him.

:lol: yeah right he was a manipulator and dishonest. Probably you never got into a debate with him.
lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#252 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61478 Posts

Casey, if you're reading this:

Nobody liked you and fictive awards don't mean shit. All this drama about a down-trodden mod, System Wars only became better without your involvement. Just take it like a man and don't come crawling back again.

DrTrafalgarLaw

Eh, I actually quite like him. He's a reasonable guy, whenever i've seen him post in forums other than Ask The Mods.

Frostbite24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#253 Frostbite24
Member since 2003 • 4536 Posts

[QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"]

Nobody liked you and fictive awards don't mean shit. All this drama about a down-trodden mod, System Wars only became better without your involvement. Just take it like a man and don't come crawling back again.

lundy86_4

Eh, I actually quite like him. He's a reasonable guy, whenever i've seen him post in forums other than Ask The Mods.

kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#254 kuraimen

[QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"]

lundy86_4

He got much nicer when he lost his mod status, in fact I like him now. Another reason why that was good for him... and us...
DrTrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#255 DrTrafalgarLaw
Member since 2011 • 4487 Posts
[QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="locopatho"][QUOTE="kuraimen"] Proof of what? how can I prove something that I can't have access to? I just experienced it. My experience is enough to convince me that Casey was not a good mod and I'm not alone there. Other people might disagree fine but I personally have never seen such a drama around a mod on any other site I've been which tells me Casey was something special :)

Casey is literally the calmest most polite person I've ever seen on here. The fact you guys went fvcking balistic at such an inoffensive guy is a reflection on you, not him.

:lol: yeah right he was a manipulator and dishonest. Probably you never got into a debate with him.

I can second Kurai. The old Tos was just a guise for casey to lure out people before banning/suspending them. I've been suspended for just going into an argument with casey. He only started acting normal after his mod powers were taken from him but he harrassed countless staff and mods into giving his him powers back. You simply can't convince me that ALL of the mods and staff have it out for him.
DrTrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#256 DrTrafalgarLaw

[QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"]

lundy86_4

You must've missed him go into a banning/suspension rampage whenever he lost the argument.
Eddie-Vedder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#257 Eddie-Vedder
Member since 2003 • 7810 Posts

I hope these kids realize spamming "prove it" every other post just let's everyone know how much of an annoying tween you are. Noone but tween and children continually ask for proof in these types of debates. 

Inb4 "Prove it". 

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#258 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts
Folks as a reminder keep it civil. SW is not the place for character assassination of anyone, let alone someone who isn't able to defend themselves at the minute. You might have disagreed, or even disliked casey, express your opinions but lets keep it classy, eh? :)
lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#259 lundy86_4

I hope these kids realize spamming "prove it" every other post just let's everyone know how much of an annoying tween you are. Noone but tween and children continually ask for proof in these types of debates. 

Inb4 "Prove it". 

Eddie-Vedder

Actually, those seemingly more intelligent than yourself would. It's called burden of proof, and is common sense in any debate. Remember, you just classified this as a debate, yourself.

Eddie-Vedder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#260 Eddie-Vedder

[QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"]

Inb4 "Prove it". 

lundy86_4

Actually, those seemingly more intelligent than yourself would. It's called burden of proof, and is common sense in any debate. Remember, you just classified this as a debate, yourself.

Asking for proof in a debate where people are detailing there own experience and where this so called proof is impossible or at the very least an insane amount of work is ignorant and childish. Calling it burden of proof makes you look like a moron. Casey has managed to become extremely disliked by a huge number of SW users all the while you kids seem to call him and incredibly calm and kind poster that is very unbiased and never does anything wrong. How the fk did he do it then? Why don't we hate any of the other mods? How the hell did Casey magically get all the blame for no reason? I hope you're just trolling, because if you're "please prove it" spiele is actually sincere it's really sad. If you're just doing it to troll and provoke well, then it's annoying but at least you aren't a total moron.
locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#261 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts
[QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="locopatho"][QUOTE="kuraimen"] Proof of what? how can I prove something that I can't have access to? I just experienced it. My experience is enough to convince me that Casey was not a good mod and I'm not alone there. Other people might disagree fine but I personally have never seen such a drama around a mod on any other site I've been which tells me Casey was something special :)

I did. He could be annoying, But he was always civil. I saw people go absolutely crazy at the guy. Spit pure hate at him for very little reason, And then bitch they got modded. Im no fan of his but the intense hate against him is... strange.
locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#262 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts
[QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"][QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="locopatho"] Casey is literally the calmest most polite person I've ever seen on here. The fact you guys went fvcking balistic at such an inoffensive guy is a reflection on you, not him.

I can second Kurai. The old Tos was just a guise for casey to lure out people before banning/suspending them. I've been suspended for just going into an argument with casey. He only started acting normal after his mod powers were taken from him but he harrassed countless staff and mods into giving his him powers back. You simply can't convince me that ALL of the mods and staff have it out for him.

"Lure them"? He'd debate, and ask questions, until inevitably some fanboy would go mad and then get modded. Yeah he could be annoying but people are blaming him for their own breakdowns. He's just a dude on the net. He can't force anyone to do anything. If people did moddable things its their own fault.
kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#263 kuraimen
[QUOTE="locopatho"][QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="locopatho"] Casey is literally the calmest most polite person I've ever seen on here. The fact you guys went fvcking balistic at such an inoffensive guy is a reflection on you, not him.

I did. He could be annoying, But he was always civil. I saw people go absolutely crazy at the guy. Spit pure hate at him for very little reason, And then bitch they got modded. Im no fan of his but the intense hate against him is... strange.

That is the problem if you go into a debate as a mod you automatically are immune to punishment. The other parts aren't, back then you could get modded for stuff as stupid as not providing back up for a statement or anything could be offensive. Many times people got 4 or 5 moderations in a row while Casey could do the same thing and just end the convo while the opposition was already suspended. Not cool.
Eddie-Vedder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#264 Eddie-Vedder
[QUOTE="locopatho"][QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="locopatho"] Casey is literally the calmest most polite person I've ever seen on here. The fact you guys went fvcking balistic at such an inoffensive guy is a reflection on you, not him.

It isn't strange at all, he got way to into SW as a mod, he tried to control everything, SW rules, the spreadsheet, what counted what didn't, he was always there, anytime anything was happening in SW Casey would jump in and make sure everyone knew he had the final word. There was NOTHING anyone could do about it no matter how wrong we thought he was. He is the only mod in the history of this board that played SW while being a mod, every other mod stays out, or will just casually give their opinion and still stay out. Casey never stayed out, he gave his opinion and then got into a debate with anyone that disagreed.
Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#265 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts
[QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"][QUOTE="locopatho"][QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"] I can second Kurai. The old Tos was just a guise for casey to lure out people before banning/suspending them. I've been suspended for just going into an argument with casey. He only started acting normal after his mod powers were taken from him but he harrassed countless staff and mods into giving his him powers back. You simply can't convince me that ALL of the mods and staff have it out for him.

"Lure them"? He'd debate, and ask questions, until inevitably some fanboy would go mad and then get modded. Yeah he could be annoying but people are blaming him for their own breakdowns. He's just a dude on the net. He can't force anyone to do anything. If people did moddable things its their own fault.

If you are a mod, you should know better to not respond to trolls/flamebait. He did in order to get more ire out of people before racking up posts to indict people on. I only realized good modding was possible with people like freedomfreak and blue_hazy_basic.

freedomfreak is a mod? FREEDOM WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME
DrTrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#266 DrTrafalgarLaw
[QUOTE="freedomfreak"]I am? Time to get to work: twisted:

You should be. Must be the pretty name colors.
freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#267 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts
You should be. Must be the pretty name colors.DrTrafalgarLaw
One of these days, I will be
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#268 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
If you are a mod, you should know better to not respond to trolls/flamebait. He did in order to get more ire out of people before racking up posts to indict people on. I only realized good modding was possible with people like freedomfreak and blue_hazy_basic.DrTrafalgarLaw
lol how the hell did I get that reputation? :P
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#269 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
[QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"]You should be. Must be the pretty name colors.freedomfreak
One of these days, I will be

Yea sure, the same day that Belgians take over Budweiser :roll:
freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#270 freedomfreak
Yea sure, the same day that Belgians take over Budweiser :roll:blue_hazy_basic
Lowering our Belgian beer standards is not what we do. We would be none the wiser...with Budweiser!
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#271 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator

[QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"]Yea sure, the same day that Belgians take over Budweiser :roll:freedomfreak
Lowering our Belgian beer standards is not what we do. We would be none the wiser...with Budweiser!

:P http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anheuser-Busch_InBev

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#272 freedomfreak

[QUOTE="freedomfreak"][QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"]Yea sure, the same day that Belgians take over Budweiser :roll:blue_hazy_basic

:P http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anheuser-Busch_InBev

Well...that...it just.. you could easily see.... I just drink it
DrTrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#273 DrTrafalgarLaw
[QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"] If you are a mod, you should know better to not respond to trolls/flamebait. He did in order to get more ire out of people before racking up posts to indict people on. I only realized good modding was possible with people like freedomfreak and blue_hazy_basic.blue_hazy_basic
lol how the hell did I get that reputation? :P

By not acting like casey.
kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#274 kuraimen

[QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"]By not acting like casey.organic_machine

which is totally crazy becasue blue_haz_basic is totally Casey's old alt account!

Bipolarity doesn't count.
DivineSword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#275 DivineSword  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 15840 Posts

System Wars Magazine with close to 300 posts? Something isn't right here!

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#277 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60712 Posts

System Wars Magazine with close to 300 posts? Something isn't right here!

DivineSword
We call just Casey'n it.
MLBknights58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#278 MLBknights58
Member since 2006 • 5016 Posts

[QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"][QUOTE="MLBknights58"]

Never in my life, not even in the most humble of debate classes, have I seen a person call the burden of proof "childish" in a debate setting.

That really is the epitome of facepalm.

lundy86_4

Prove it. ;) And yes, you just got owned.

renotverybrightareyouf.gif

^

inb4 Eddie goes into every thread spamming prove it in reply to every post after this thread.

KarateeeChop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#279 KarateeeChop
Member since 2010 • 4666 Posts

if i remember correctly the cows went crazy spreading lies about how the ps3 has more critically acclaimed games than the 360, and when casey made a spreadsheet that proved otherwise there was a massive surge of cows committing account suicide.

but the most hilarious thing of all is that cows have tricked themselves into believing that they are actually the victims, and have since then been going out of their way to make shit up about casey.

fvcking glorious. :lol:

Eddie-Vedder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#280 Eddie-Vedder

if i remember correctly the cows went crazy spreading lies about how the ps3 has more critically acclaimed games than the 360, and when casey made a spreadsheet that proved otherwise there was a massive surge of cows committing account suicide.

but the most hilarious thing of all is that cows have tricked themselves into believing that they are actually the victims, and have since then been going out of their way to make shit up about casey.

KarateeeChop
Aint that a load of shlt. As the other kiddies would say just to be annoying. Prove it.
Rocker6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#281 Rocker6
Member since 2009 • 13358 Posts

scarjo_popcorn.gif

I was thinking of watching some movie tonight, Life of Pi perhaps, but thanks to this thread, I don't need to!

I have all the entertainment right here! :lol:

Cheleman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#282 Cheleman
Member since 2012 • 8198 Posts

scarjo_popcorn.gif

I was thinking of watching some movie tonight, Life of Pi perhaps, but thanks to this thread, I don't need to!

I have all the entertainment right here! :lol:

Rocker6

lel

kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#283 kuraimen

KarateeeChop
Lol funny how that spreadsheet loved so much by lems basically went out of memory right when the PS3 started catching up. Before that there were so many followers and everything about the spreadsheet was discussed in detail.
AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#284 AdobeArtist  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25184 Posts

[QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="super600"]

Do you have proof of that?Staff is another stroy. Synthia has been noticing how casey has been treated by that user lately.

locopatho

Proof of what? how can I prove something that I can't have access to? I just experienced it. My experience is enough to convince me that Casey was not a good mod and I'm not alone there. Other people might disagree fine but I personally have never seen such a drama around a mod on any other site I've been which tells me Casey was something special :)

Yeah, he was like the Hanar of moderators, all polite just without the religious zealoutry :P

And I just saw the updated Topic title :lol::lol:

Cheleman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#285 Cheleman

Hey Adobe, am i allowed to quote Casey from another site?

MLBknights58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#286 MLBknights58

Never in my life, not even in the most humble of debate classes, have I seen a person call the burden of proof "childish" in a debate setting.

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#287 AdobeArtist  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25184 Posts

Cheleman

You've proven a capable messenger so far. I see no harm now :)

Frostbite24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#288 Frostbite24
Member since 2003 • 4536 Posts

MLBknights58
Cheleman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#289 Cheleman

[QUOTE="Cheleman"]

AdobeArtist

You've proven a capable messenger so far. I see no harm now :)

K, thx :D

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#290 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

Man, when I made PUSH in a drunken stupor that one night just a year ago, never did I hope that it would become so big that it would have its own conspiracy theories lol.gif
First the SWA, now this? PUSH controls the forum?

As for everyone wondering who CaptainGamespot is... well, it really is obvious.

charizard1605

It's not solid ty. This guy has broken english.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#291 lundy86_4

No you got owned, asking for proof in certain debates is ignorant and makes you look like a moron, just like I proved. Asking for proof for something you know we can't possibly prove is childish. People are in this thread detailing their experiences here on this board and these Casey fanboys just keep spamming "Prove it". You can't prove it, theres nothing to prove, it's peoples experiences. Asking for proof is ignorant. you messed up. Admit it. Next time read the posts before simply picking a side and trying to insult someone. Eddie-Vedder

This, quite literally, makes no sense.

First and foremost - It's not ignorant, it's standard practice. You make claim A, then you must provide evidence to back up said claim. That is what the burden of truth is. If this were solely based on experience, then it should have been put forth as an  assumption. It was not. Casey was figuratively, burned at the stake.

Secondly, if it's not provable, then the claim shouldn't be made. You, and others, have argued until you are blue in the face, that you were modded by Casey. Yet, the modding system is anonymous, except to those with mod status, or employees of this website.

Eddie-Vedder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#292 Eddie-Vedder

MLBknights58
MLBknights58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#293 MLBknights58

[QUOTE="MLBknights58"]

[QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"] That would be quite childish wouldn't it ;) Eddie-Vedder

The winky faces give me the impression that you think you're being clever or something, but I still don't think you're really grasping the idea behind the burden of proof within the context of a debate setting.  Or you're "trolling" all of us in an attempt to make yourself look more foolish along with Trollop.

No you got owned, asking for proof in certain debates is ignorant and makes you look like a moron, just like I proved. Asking for proof for something you know we can't possibly prove is childish. People are in this thread detailing their experiences here on this board and these Casey fanboys just keep spamming "Prove it". You can't prove it, theres nothing to prove, it's peoples experiences. Asking for proof is ignorant.you messed up. Admit it. Next time read the posts before simply picking a side and trying to insult someone.

Oh no I read all the posts.  You think I'd overlook anything in a thread this good?

1.  Asking for proof when someone is accused, (not simply "it could be him" but rather "it WAS him") of an action based upon nothing more than anecdotal evidence while information is brought forth that supports the contrary is childish?  I think not, that is standard practice and pretty typical.  However your statement holds true, you kicking and screaming at the mere mention of Casey's name and his unjust moderations while you cannot prove them is very childish.

2.  Exactly sir.  Now quit your complaining.

3. lolwut

4.  I don't quite think I did.  I read the entire thread and have quite enjoyed myself so far, I didn't think a tiny sarcastic remark could get you to go off and say some unbelievable nonsense like the above, but please do continue.

To put it succinctly, if you make a claim, put up or shut up.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#294 lundy86_4

[QUOTE="MLBknights58"]

Eddie-Vedder

blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#295 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator

[QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"]By not acting like casey.organic_machine

Which is totally crazy because blue_hazy_basic is totally Casey's old alt account! :shock:

The darkness has been breached! :o
Eddie-Vedder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#296 Eddie-Vedder

[QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

[QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"] Prove it. ;) And yes, you just got owned. MLBknights58

^

inb4 Eddie goes into every thread spamming prove it in reply to every post after this thread.

That would be quite childish wouldn't it ;)
soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#297 soulitane
Member since 2010 • 15091 Posts
With some of the arguments going on in here, I don't think some people realize how easy it was to get people irate under the old ToU while not breaking it yourself.
MLBknights58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#298 MLBknights58

[QUOTE="MLBknights58"]

[QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

Eddie-Vedder

^

The winky faces give me the impression that you think you're being clever or something, but I still don't think you're really grasping the idea behind the burden of proof within the context of a debate setting.  Or you're "trolling" all of us in an attempt to make yourself look more foolish along with Trollop.

kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#299 kuraimen
This thread needs more drama. Unban Casey please.
Eddie-Vedder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#300 Eddie-Vedder

[QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"][QUOTE="MLBknights58"]

^

MLBknights58

No you got owned, asking for proof in certain debates is ignorant and makes you look like a moron, just like I proved. Asking for proof for something you know we can't possibly prove is childish. People are in this thread detailing their experiences here on this board and these Casey fanboys just keep spamming "Prove it". You can't prove it, theres nothing to prove, it's peoples experiences. Asking for proof is ignorant. you messed up. Admit it. Next time read the posts before simply picking a side and trying to insult someone.