SWM 5th Anniversary - Paper Mario flops big time, Vita redeemed? (hint: no)

• 94 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#51 DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts

so who is more negative User on SW? Me or darklin? we both hate too many games...SNIPER4321
I also hate you. I just want to make that abundantly clear.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#52 Willy105
Member since 2005 • 26093 Posts
I don't know a lot about Sniper, but he seems like a nice guy to me.
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#53 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts
[QUOTE="SNIPER4321"]so who is more negative User on SW? Me or darklin? we both hate too many games...

He puts more effort into his hyperbole, but you're more committed to specific themes/allegiances. It's a push really.
DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 DarkLink77
[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"][QUOTE="SNIPER4321"]so who is more negative User on SW? Me or darklin? we both hate too many games...

He puts more effort into his hyperbole, but you're more committed to specific themes/allegiances. It's a push really.

Not hard to commit to a theme when you only have one to commit to.
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 jg4xchamp
[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="jg4xchamp"][QUOTE="SNIPER4321"]so who is more negative User on SW? Me or darklin? we both hate too many games...

Hey sometimes it's better to be a one trick pony than a jack of all trades. Because no one, absolutely no one can post a Deus Ex picture better than Sniper. He's the Tom Brady of his niche.
DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 DarkLink77
[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"][QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="jg4xchamp"] He puts more effort into his hyperbole, but you're more committed to specific themes/allegiances. It's a push really.

Hey sometimes it's better to be a one trick pony than a jack of all trades. Because no one, absolutely no one can post a Deus Ex picture better than Sniper. He's the Tom Brady of his niche.

Meh. I'd rather be the King of Hyperbole and hate a wide range of things. But there's no denying his ability to post Deus Ex pictures and spam the same thread over and over again only for it to get hundreds of posts.
funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#57 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts
My Top 10 FPS from 2005: Rainbow Six Vegas Team Fortress 2 Call of Duty 4 Halo CE Anniversary Star Wars: Republic Commando Battlefield 2 (even though I haven't played much of it yet) and uhhh Killzone 2? Good Lord, I have a disgusting taste in FPS. I really should play more of them.
Avatar image for organic_machine
organic_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#58 organic_machine
Member since 2004 • 10141 Posts

I really should play more of them.funsohng

Yes.

aaaaaaannnnnnndddd.....

Good Lord, I have a disgusting taste in FPS.funsohng

Yes.

Just kidding. You're taste is just fine.

My top 5 (top 10 is too difficult):

1) Stalker: Shadow of Chernobyl

2) Timesplitters: Future Perfect (yes it released in 2005 so I'M KEEPING IT!)

3) Team Fortress 2

4) F.E.A.R. (Had glaring issues, but damn that gunplay + AI combo was immaculate)

5) Crysis (again, had some serious issues. But that whole first half of the game was divine, and even some of the linear segments at the end were good too).

EDIT: I have not even played the following: Tribes: Ascend, Metro 2033 (I own it though), CS:GO, L4D2, ARMA 2 (I own it though), any of the Killzone games, any of the Resistence games, Red Orchestra 2, Cryostasis (I own it though), Borderlands series, and a host of other games I foegot to mention.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#60 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts
Metroid Prime
khoofia_pika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#61 khoofia_pika
Member since 2006 • 16761 Posts
Metroid Primecharizard1605
Not a shooter.
TheDidact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#62 TheDidact
Member since 2012 • 3986 Posts
Is this thread about 007Legends? :lol: Dat Twitter Convo.....
mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts
[QUOTE="SNIPER4321"][QUOTE="funsohng"]My Top 10 FPS from 2005: Rainbow Six Vegas Team Fortress 2 Call of Duty 4 Halo CE Anniversary Star Wars: Republic Commando Battlefield 2 (even though I haven't played much of it yet) and uhhh Killzone 2? Good Lord, I have a disgusting taste in FPS. I really should play more of them.

Sound like you are new to FPS genre... and Rainbow six Vegas? its how dumbed down compare to old school R6 games anyways mine from 2005-onwards 1. STALKER Shadow of Chernoboyl 2. STALKER Call of Pripyat 3. Deus Ex Human Revolution 4. Crysis 5. Orange Box (including HL2 EP2 and TF2) 6. Metro 2033 7. Dishonored 8. ArmA 2 9. Counter Strike GO 10. Left 4 Dead hmmm. Now this is The list.!!

awful list. dishonored is barely even an fps :lol: and while arma 2 is a good concept and fun, the gameplay is absolute trash compared to any fps out there. Playing that game in first person make me want to throw up, its better as a third person shooter. counter strike is casual trash. Left 4 Dead is probably the only game you have that deserves to be on that list.
mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 mems_1224
[QUOTE="SNIPER4321"][QUOTE="mems_1224"][QUOTE="SNIPER4321"] Sound like you are new to FPS genre... and Rainbow six Vegas? its how dumbed down compare to old school R6 games anyways mine from 2005-onwards 1. STALKER Shadow of Chernoboyl 2. STALKER Call of Pripyat 3. Deus Ex Human Revolution 4. Crysis 5. Orange Box (including HL2 EP2 and TF2) 6. Metro 2033 7. Dishonored 8. ArmA 2 9. Counter Strike GO 10. Left 4 Dead hmmm. Now this is The list.!!

awful list. dishonored is barely even an fps :lol: and while arma 2 is a good concept and fun, the gameplay is absolute trash compared to any fps out there. Playing that game in first person make me want to throw up, its better as a third person shooter. counter strike is casual trash. Left 4 Dead is probably the only game you have that deserves to be on that list.

make your own list buddy oh i can predict Halo 3 Halo reach Halo 4 COD 4

nah, id probably have only 1 halo game on there.
mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 mems_1224
mae a list thenSNIPER4321
nah, too many games to choose from and you're just going to say it sucks anyways. why waste the brain power? besides, im playing nba 2k13 right now. thats more important.
mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 mems_1224

[QUOTE="mems_1224"][QUOTE="SNIPER4321"]mae a list thenSNIPER4321

nah, too many games to choose from and you're just going to say it sucks anyways. why waste the brain power? besides, im playing nba 2k13 right now. thats more important.

ofcourse you cant since you know i criticize games.

but if u cant make a list then why did you criticize others list?

because your list is garbage. i can make a list but i already know your response so there is no point.
mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 mems_1224
[QUOTE="SNIPER4321"][QUOTE="mems_1224"] because your list is garbage. i can make a list but i already know your response so there is no point.

because half of games you have not played on my list. and you cant even make your own list. Dumbass

1. STALKER Shadow of Chernoboyl 3. Deus Ex Human Revolution 4. Crysis 5. Orange Box (including HL2 EP2 and TF2) 6. Metro 2033 7. Dishonored 8. ArmA 2 10. Left 4 Dead i've played those. i know you can't count but 8 is more than half of 10.
free_milk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 free_milk
Member since 2011 • 3903 Posts

My list owns all of your lists.:)

In no particular order.

1.Rainbow 6 black arrow

2.Battlefield 3

3.Team Fortress 2

4.Crysis Warhead

5.Deus Ex Human Reveloution

6.Bioshock 1

7.Borderlands 2

8.Far cry 3 (when it comes out)

9.Portal 2 (come at me)

10.Fallout 3 (FPS RPG)

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#73 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts
[QUOTE="charizard1605"]Metroid Primekhoofia_pika
Not a shooter.

It's a first person game in which you shoot using guns. By any reasonable definition, it's a shooter. Just a very different one.
FireSpirit117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 FireSpirit117
Member since 2012 • 1926 Posts
That Superman Returns review was freakin' hilarious. :lol:
Cherokee_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#75 Cherokee_Jack
Member since 2008 • 32198 Posts

[QUOTE="khoofia_pika"][QUOTE="charizard1605"]Metroid Primecharizard1605
Not a shooter.

It's a first person game in which you shoot using guns. By any reasonable definition, it's a shooter. Just a very different one.

It's just as much action adventure as shooter, if not more.

Games do not have to be one genre and one only. Or rather, they don't have to be crammed into just one of the big, established genres.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 mems_1224
[QUOTE="khoofia_pika"][QUOTE="charizard1605"]Metroid Primecharizard1605
Not a shooter.

its an fps, just like fallout 3 is an fps. just because they're hybrid genres doesn't mean those kind of games shouldn't count as fps games.
WiiCubeM1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 WiiCubeM1
Member since 2009 • 4735 Posts

Makes me kind of sad I've only ever contributed one thing to the magazine. I love reading this thing.

free_milk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 free_milk
Member since 2011 • 3903 Posts

Makes me kind of sad I've only ever contributed one thing to the magazine. I love reading this thing.

WiiCubeM1
I was thinking about contributing.I couldnt think of anything to contribute... :(
jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

I've always regarded ARMA 2's in-game editor as an awesome feature of the game. I'm happy to see SW sees it that way too.

fabz_95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#80 fabz_95
Member since 2006 • 15425 Posts
Wow, glad to see this is still running. Great job guys.
timmy00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#81 timmy00
Member since 2006 • 15360 Posts

That Superman Returns review was funny.

Mario1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Mario1331
Member since 2005 • 8929 Posts
Great issue i must read more
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 jg4xchamp
Wow, glad to see this is still running. Great job guys.fabz_95
Remember when you did things for it? Me neither.
Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60710 Posts
[QUOTE="fabz_95"]Wow, glad to see this is still running. Great job guys.jg4xchamp
Remember when you did things for it? Me neither.

The funniest thing in a SWM thread/issue for what seems like forever. lolz
NeonNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 115

#85 NeonNinja
Member since 2005 • 17318 Posts

[QUOTE="charizard1605"]Metroid Primekhoofia_pika
Not a shooter.

Yes it is.

It has various other aspects like environmental puzzles and platforming, but it's still a first-person shooter.

Cherokee_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Cherokee_Jack

[QUOTE="khoofia_pika"][QUOTE="charizard1605"]Metroid PrimeNeonNinja

Not a shooter.

Yes it is.

It has various other aspects like environmental puzzles and platforming, but it's still a first-person shooter.

A first-person shooter incongruous with all other games classified as first-person shooters, making the label virtually meaningless.

NeonNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 NeonNinja

[QUOTE="NeonNinja"]

[QUOTE="khoofia_pika"] Not a shooter.Cherokee_Jack

Yes it is.

A first-person shooter incongruous with all other games classified as first-person shooters, making the label virtually meaningless.

It's hardly an inappropriate label. Metroid Prime is a first-person shooter and it succeeds by taking a massive risk for the genre and pulling it off spectacularly. Whether people believe the label is deserved or not has little to do with the fact that Metroid Prime a sci-fi FPS. And a damn good one at that.

Cherokee_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Cherokee_Jack

[QUOTE="Cherokee_Jack"]

[QUOTE="NeonNinja"]

Yes it is.

NeonNinja

It's hardly an inappropriate label. Metroid Prime is a first-person shooter and it succeeds by taking a massive risk for the genre and pulling it off spectacularly. Whether people believe the label is deserved or not has little to do with the fact that Metroid Prime a sci-fi FPS. And a damn good one at that.

Its foundations have everything to do with previous Metroid games and virtually nothing to do with actual first-person shooters.

If Metroid Prime had been the first game ever made in which you shot a projectile weapon in first person, it wouldn't have come out much different because its ideas owe so little to the FPS lineage. Even when it had an ammo system (beyond missiles) in one of the 3 games, it handled it in its own weird way that resembles no FPS ammo system that I can think of.

NeonNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 NeonNinja

[QUOTE="NeonNinja"]

[QUOTE="Cherokee_Jack"]

Cherokee_Jack

Its foundations have everything to do with previous Metroid games and virtually nothing to do with actual first-person shooters.

If Metroid Prime had been the first game ever made in which you shot a projectile weapon in first person, it wouldn't have come out much different because its ideas owe so little to the FPS lineage. Even when it had an ammo system (beyond missiles) in one of the 3 games, it handled it in its own weird way that resembles no FPS ammo system that I can think of.

The fact that it differentiates itself from other shooters does not mean it's suddenly not a shooter. It's unique. It's even amazing. It's also a shooter. The genre is not some taboo that shouldn't be attached to it. It is what it is.

Cherokee_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Cherokee_Jack

[QUOTE="Cherokee_Jack"]

[QUOTE="NeonNinja"]

NeonNinja

The fact that it differentiates itself from other shooters does not mean it's suddenly not a shooter. It's unique. It's even amazing. It's also a shooter. The genre is not some taboo that shouldn't be attached to it. It is what it is.

I love shooters, they can be just as good as anything else. But Metroid Prime does more than differentiate itself, it has NOTHING to do with other FPS beyond the basic concept of using a projectile weapon in the first-person perspective.

When you assign a genre to a game, it needs to enable meaningful comparisons between that game and others in the genre, which is not the case when you put Metroid Prime in with Halo, Half-Life, Bioshock, etc. Doing that defeats the purpose of game genres.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#91 Willy105
Member since 2005 • 26093 Posts
Saying Metroid Prime is a shooter is like saying Halo is a driving game. Sure, you drive a lot in it, but that's not the point.
King_Dodongo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 King_Dodongo
Member since 2006 • 3759 Posts
Great issue as always Willy.
el3m2tigre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 el3m2tigre
Member since 2007 • 4232 Posts

[QUOTE="DraugenCP"]

I must say, this was a fun issue to contribute to, both as pretentious writer and as pedantic editor. :D

SNIPER4321

I thought list is excellent. bioshock was only bad game on list

Geez, how do you even find video games enjoyable?

Grawse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Grawse
Member since 2010 • 4342 Posts
Saying Metroid Prime is a shooter is like saying Halo is a driving game. Sure, you drive a lot in it, but that's not the point. Willy105
LOL so true.