SW, tell me about the games that got away.....

This topic is locked from further discussion.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By misterpmedia
Member since 2013 • 6209 Posts

This topic is dedicated to all those games that some how never came to be for many reasons. So we're talking about....

• Games or franchises you would personally change.
  • Franchises you wish got sequels but probably won't.
  • Vapourware.
  • Games that got all out cancelled.
  • Games that strayed from their original vision through dev.
  • Games of genres that are no longer prominent as they once were

You get the jist...

I'll start off with some games that have all up and been cancelled or hanging by the balance:

Uncharted: 1313(lol): Would have been awesome, star wars meets uncharted, enough said.

Zone of The Enders 3(Not confirmed cancelled by Koji yet, but unlikely to be made at all now): If made I wouldn't have gone for the Ancient time period Kojima would have picked and still chose futuristic like the first two games because I reckon it would have looked sublime on next gen hardware.

Dante's Inferno 2(technically Purgatorio): Did have a writer(2011) at one point but fizzled into the ether. Was a nice GoW alternative with awesome art direction, especially the depiction of hell.

I wish Diablo 3 wasn't dumbed down and the art direction wasn't so....'kiddy'. I can't put my finger on it but I just never get the same gritty hellish darkness from it like I did with D1 & D2, D2 is still probably my favourite PC game.

I wish the games after Silent Hill: The Room never existed, same goes for Resident Evil, post 4.

Instead I wish Silent Hill and Resident Evil were still in the hands of Japanese developers and were pumping out true horror titles. Japanese horror is always best horror, even if it wasn't psychological it was still amazingly fucked up(Resident Evil 2). I also wish Konami would take one in its own ass, bite the bullet and just remake the god damn HD remakes and sell it again this time with proper development with no overseer Tomm 'trainwreck' Hulett to completely **** it up(Silent Hill HD remakes btw)

I would have put FE4R up there in the top list but F3AR was so bad for the franchise that I would much prefer F3AR to have not been made or be made non-cannon. FEAR 2 was a worthy sequel in the horror aspect I know a lot were let down with the gameplay some what but it still felt like I was playing within the F.E.A.R franchise.

I admit that the original showing of BioShock: Infinite looked a lot more foreboding than what actually came to pass. On top of how it ended, even with Levine gone I still want another BioShock game for the new generation, 2K hasn't officially confirmed its demise as of yet.

I wish there were more Mech games in development or at least more localised from the East. Love me some of that fast paced anime style game play. Tis a feast for the eyes.

That's all I can think of at the minute.

Discuss.

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts

Freelancer

Kameo

Are all i can think of off the top of my head.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#3 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

September 29, 2010 - July 18, 2011

Never Forget.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
deactivated-5bda06edf37ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4  Edited By deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
Member since 2010 • 4675 Posts

TC you got it pretty much covered.

I'll add Castlevania SotN (really, next-gen this shit someone), Unreal Tournament and Battlefield 2142. Dice regressed on BF.

also, HL3 has been in the oven for so loooong... it's gotta be done soon.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
deactivated-5bda06edf37ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5  Edited By deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
Member since 2010 • 4675 Posts

@Snugenz said:

Freelancer

doesn't Star Citizen more than make up for this?

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#6 remiks00
Member since 2006 • 4249 Posts

Resident Evil went to shit, and I was one of the biggest RE fans ever. I wish it hadn't stopped focusing on Survival horror ...now its just horror-ible

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

There's plenty but off the top of my head:

Spore, so so much hype for this game, thought we'd see a game of civ-esque proportions and more and what we got a mini-game mess.

KOTOR 3: I loved both KOTOR 1&2 and would loved to have seen a 3rd single player game to nicely wrap things up ... not into MMORPG's

Mass Effect 3: Brilliant series, brilliant game but the ending, oh that ending, even the improved one. 100's of hours put into the game and really all the actions meant for very little. Would have loved more endings (and no not necessarily happy ones as biodrones accuse those of criticise the endings of wanting)

Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Spartan070
Member since 2004 • 16497 Posts

Kameo 2

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts

@groowagon said:

@Snugenz said:

Freelancer

doesn't Star Citizen more than make up for this?

It does and there's some brilliant mods available for Freelancer, but still i thought i'd mention it as it's been on my mind all those years.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 misterpmedia

Ah, thought of a another. A next gen Burnout game that isn't open world like Paradise because some how being open world made it suck...also they completely trivialised the crash mode by making you bounce the car for as long as you could which was abysmal. There was no strategy in it where as on the junctions you were praying to god you made it over to a certain point of the map and snagged that 4x for the gold medal. Anything in the vein of Burnout 3: Takedown and they have themselves a winning in my eyes.The soundtrack weren't half bad either. Ugh.

treedoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 treedoor
Member since 2004 • 7648 Posts

A good sequel to Sim City 4

A sequel to Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 (Not Roller Coaster Tycoon 3D)

A sequel to Sid Meier's Sim Golf

I'm not the biggest fan of simulation games anymore (I played them religiously for some time), and I'm pretty certain it's due to the fact that these three games don't exist

DillonShwing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 DillonShwing
Member since 2010 • 565 Posts

Banjo Threeie. I'll never forget how excited I was when I first saw this trailer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrIamj0RzUg

....then we got Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts. Not a bad game but definitely not a true banjo game and not what I was expecting

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

The Getaway 3 and Z.O.E 3 is what I want.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 misterpmedia

@clyde46 said:

The Getaway 3 and Z.O.E 3 is what I want.

Kojima just did some Q&A in London and he touched on some things like wanting to reboot, or take a stab at Silent Hill. Some info on ZOE3 too I think if you read the GAF posts. Sounds as if he was dropping the mecha anime style of it which is pretty much what I loved about it lol. So I'm not sure if the ZOE3 I wanted would have even been made despite the perfect situation of him thinking about devving a sequel. Click here

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#15 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38032 Posts

PS2 era, Daredevil game. Really wanted that. I'm a comic guy so I look forward to the possibility of comic games.

Cheleman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Cheleman
Member since 2012 • 8198 Posts

yo downpour was amazing tc, what are you talking about?

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17  Edited By ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

Basically Capcom in general especially anything megaman related. Also how Konami has been treating Castlevania.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 misterpmedia

@Cheleman said:

yo downpour was amazing tc, what are you talking about?

you could tell it was still westernised though, not to mention the monsters designs were boring and the Boogie man pyramid head mechanic, blatant rip off lol. Silent Hill needs to go back home but its forgotten the way.

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#19 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14495 Posts

Legend of Dragoon 2
Bioshock (Vita)
Shadow of the Colossus 2 (not TLG, an actual spiritual sequel)
Conker 2
Dark Cloud 3 (please Sony, release DC2 HD)
KH3 and FFXV (bout motherf*cking time)
Earthbound 2
Jumping Flash 2 (:P)
Syphon Filter (PS3)
SSX Tricky 2 (i miss SSX being good)