SW Magazine EXCLUSIVE: The_Game21x INTERVIEW

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by Master_ShakeXXX (13361 posts) -

[QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"][QUOTE="Blabadon"]Why are people saying "we" for GUFU? That makes it sounds like that place still exists.Jonwh18

The greatest trick GUFU ever pulled was convincing the world it didn't exist.

where is that quote from, I can't remember :evil:

Usual Suspects

#52 Posted by ArisShadows (22615 posts) -
[QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="freedomfreak"] Working on it. These frauds are gonna pay.

also invalidate any posts of people that know GUFU members, those votes were obviously bought, and we don't accept corruption here.

I thought PUSH was the enemy now?

I'm of both, so.. :o
#53 Posted by bbkkristian (14891 posts) -

[QUOTE="The_Game21x"]

[QUOTE="Blabadon"] I don't understand, how is that possible?Blabadon

Xbox_360_girl_ver_2_by_1Razor1.png

That's weird dude, stop.

I'd buy it.
#54 Posted by DarkLink77 (31686 posts) -
[QUOTE="Blabadon"]Why are people saying "we" for GUFU? That makes it sounds like that place still exists.blue_hazy_basic
The greatest trick GUFU ever pulled was convincing the world it didn't exist.

Oh, I love it.
#55 Posted by DarkLink77 (31686 posts) -

[QUOTE="charizard1605"]PUSH/GUFU collusion? :ojg4xchamp

Excuse me, but we are above this. If we wanted to cheat we wouldn't require another union to help us cheat. We got that covered on our own.

True story, bro. #Illuminati.
#56 Posted by AdobeArtist (22787 posts) -

[QUOTE="Jonwh18"]

[QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"] The greatest trick GUFU ever pulled was convincing the world it didn't exist.Master_ShakeXXX

where is that quote from, I can't remember :evil:

Usual Suspects

And that is just brilliant, hazy :lol::lol:

#57 Posted by blue_hazy_basic (27319 posts) -

[QUOTE="Master_ShakeXXX"]

[QUOTE="Jonwh18"] where is that quote from, I can't remember :evil:

AdobeArtist

Usual Suspects

And that is just brilliant, hazy :lol::lol:

*takes bow* :P
#58 Posted by BrunoBRS (73259 posts) -
[QUOTE="ArisShadows"][QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="BrunoBRS"] also invalidate any posts of people that know GUFU members, those votes were obviously bought, and we don't accept corruption here.

I thought PUSH was the enemy now?

I'm of both, so.. :o

clearly, that's the only way you could've possibly won an award that shouldn't exist.
#59 Posted by Willy105 (24495 posts) -

Charizard1605 admits he rigged the election and is a total Sheep.

We sit down with Charizard1605, one of the biggest winners (and also the vote counter) of the 2012 System Wars Awards.

Willy: You won 4 awards this year, among them Best Thread Creator, Best Writer, and Classiest User. You were also one of the people in charge of counting the votes. Now tell me, did you rig the awards?

Charizard: Definitely. It was all very carefully done, with just the right balance so as to make it seem legitimate, while also courting controversy and drama, thereby living up to the annual traditions of the System Wars Awards (and also getting the forum more traffic, for which Gamespot and CBS very obviously pay me).

In all seriousness, no I did not, and neither was I responsible for doing the counting all by myself. The votes were all carefully (and painstakingly) counted, and the utmost efforts were made to ensure no mistakes were made. Should anyone doubt the validity or the legitimacy of the Awards, they are, of course, always free to do the counting themselves.

What is the story behind the System Wars Awards, and how did you get involved?

Well, as you know, its a System Wars tradition, and in spite of the requisite controversy and drama involved every year, we do all look forward to it. When the original committee to set the Awards up and get them going for this year was established, I was notified by a few rangers that the process was underway, but I was not invited to be a part of it, and so, apart from just checking in on the board to see how it was all coming along, I didnt have a whole lot to do with them.

Of course, the original Awards hit a wall. December came and went, and we still did not have the 2012 SWA. So, based on feedback he was getting in the Lounge, DarkLink decided to take matters into his own hands, along with some other users, me included. People from the original committee were included in the new one, and we started to work fast to get the Awards up and going ASAP once 2013 began. I volunteered to count the Awards once they were up (since I hadnt done a whole lot of actual work in setting them up, and felt guilty about it), and that was that.

The people of System Wars obviously love you. What is your secret, you classy writing thread creator?

Well, I guess the fact that Im so temperamental, and the fact that my allegiances are hard to placeat this point (beyond a highly obvious Nintendo bias), should be one of them :3 Im just enough of a cow/herm/lem/sheep to get along well with members of each faction.

Beyond that, arguments or disagreements that I have in System Wars are not grudges I go on holding in real life. For instance, Ive had some nasty run ins with people like ShadowMoses, Bruno, finalstar, Heil, TheEroica, and even arach. But thats all they are, System Wars arguments, and I continue being on good terms with them (or anyone, really) elsewhere, in PUSH, in the Lounge, on Steam Chat.

Is Nintendo still doomed?

Yes.

Thank you for your time Charizard, and good luck on next years awards!

Alrighty! Good luck with the Magazine, always a fun read!

#60 Posted by freedomfreak (38686 posts) -
Look at Chaz being all modest.
#61 Posted by CaseyWegner (70104 posts) -

What is the story behind the System Wars Awards, and how did you get involved?

Well, as you know, its a System Wars tradition, and in spite of the requisite controversy and drama involved every year, we do all look forward to it. When the original committee to set the Awards up and get them going for this year was established, I was notified by a few rangers that the process was underway, but I was not invited to be a part of it, and so, apart from just checking in on the board to see how it was all coming along, I didnt have a whole lot to do with them.

Of course, the original Awards hit a wall. December came and went, and we still did not have the 2012 SWA. So, based on feedback he was getting in the Lounge, DarkLink decided to take matters into his own hands, along with some other users, me included. People from the original committee were included in the new one, and we started to work fast to get the Awards up and going ASAP once 2013 began. I volunteered to count the Awards once they were up (since I hadnt done a whole lot of actual work in setting them up, and felt guilty about it), and that was that.

Willy105

i was working with ninja-hippo to get the awards going back in november but then he seemed to have vanished from the face of the earth. :(

#62 Posted by Heil68 (43186 posts) -
When in the FUK are you going to play Torchlight 2, that you told me I just HAD to buy?
#63 Posted by DarkLink77 (31686 posts) -

Well, some people are very, very upset about the SWA results.

#64 Posted by charizard1605 (55345 posts) -
What a thankless job.
#65 Posted by Cherokee_Jack (32198 posts) -

DarkLink77
Have I ever told you the definition of insanity?
#66 Posted by CaseyWegner (70104 posts) -

What a thankless job.charizard1605

sorry, dude. i'm going to see what i can do.

#67 Posted by DarkLink77 (31686 posts) -
[QUOTE="DarkLink77"]

Cherokee_Jack
Have I ever told you the definition of insanity?

Cognitive dissonance is the uncomfortable feeling caused by holding two conflicting beliefs simultaneously.
#68 Posted by charizard1605 (55345 posts) -

[QUOTE="charizard1605"]What a thankless job.CaseyWegner

Thanks man. But still, the least these people could've done was ask us first, we would have sent them the counts. Cowards.
#69 Posted by DarkLink77 (31686 posts) -

You wanted a story, Willy, here it is.

Seriously, anyone who has an issue with the count should have taken it up with me, Chaz, or Freedom first. This was absolutely the wrong way to do it.

I stand behind the count and every member of the SWAs and take full and complete responsibility for what we posted.

#70 Posted by freedomfreak (38686 posts) -
Will make for a damn good interview, that's for sure.
#71 Posted by CaseyWegner (70104 posts) -

willy must be elated. he's got himself quite a story now.

#72 Posted by TheEroica (13223 posts) -

congrats to all the winners!! I love voting for the awards. You guys are the reason I come back every day. nice work to all the counters!

#73 Posted by Heil68 (43186 posts) -

[QUOTE="charizard1605"]What a thankless job.CaseyWegner

Lol...anyways this is what makes SW so scandalous!! Lolz
#74 Posted by AznbkdX (3120 posts) -

When in the FUK are you going to play Torchlight 2, that you told me I just HAD to buy? Heil68

Hey, its pretty badass on solo too you know. :P

Oh and thats my bro playing not me on my steam sig.

#75 Posted by ShuichiChamp24 (5014 posts) -
charizard won? rigged? I mean the "F*ck Your HD... Wait, Nevermind" catches his rapid change of heart. MKfan64 should hae won.
#76 Posted by AznbkdX (3120 posts) -

charizard won? rigged? I mean the "F*ck Your HD... Wait, Nevermind" catches his rapid change of heart. MKfan64 should hae won.ShuichiChamp24

Either him or Michael should have easily won sheep king tbh.

Oh and that Shinobishyguy too.

#77 Posted by Heil68 (43186 posts) -

[QUOTE="Heil68"]When in the FUK are you going to play Torchlight 2, that you told me I just HAD to buy? AznbkdX

Hey, its pretty badass on solo too you know. :P

Oh and thats my bro playing not me on my steam sig.

I got around 10 hours in, but wanted to play with some peeps.
#78 Posted by ShuichiChamp24 (5014 posts) -

[QUOTE="ShuichiChamp24"]charizard won? rigged? I mean the "F*ck Your HD... Wait, Nevermind" catches his rapid change of heart. MKfan64 should hae won.AznbkdX

Either him or Michael should have easily won sheep king tbh.

Oh and that Shinobishyguy too.

anybody else would have been better.

#79 Posted by charizard1605 (55345 posts) -

Well folks, if you don't think I should have won, then you should have come in and voted for who you think SHOULD have won. As it stands, no one rigged these awards. The idea of rigging them is pathetic, and the implication that we did even more so.

#80 Posted by Rocker6 (13358 posts) -

Well folks, if you don't think I should have won, then you should have come in and voted for who you think SHOULD have won. As it stands, no one rigged these awards. The idea of rigging them is pathetic, and the implication that we did even more so.

charizard1605

Does anyone know the exact reason for these "rigging" accusations?

Is someone mad about some of the winners, or is someone mad they haven't won anything themselves?

Or is it something entirely different? :?

#81 Posted by ultraking (6904 posts) -
are people really getting mad over these awards?
#82 Posted by AznbkdX (3120 posts) -

charizard1605

Honestly man, I don't really care. I didn't vote for many reasons, lazy or otherwise.

I'm also pretty sure I never implied it was rigged. Far from it imo since we all know that most of the winners are frequent loungers and are not only chosen by good posting etiquette. Not to sound like a dick or anything but its pretty apparent to anyone that actually observes things in the slightest.

Either way there was a good chance you would have won anyways. Maybe that nintendoboy guy would have caught up but thats fairly wishful thinking.

Anyways congrats to everyone. :)

#83 Posted by AznbkdX (3120 posts) -

are people really getting mad over these awards?ultraking

I'm far from it even if it may sound that way from that last post. I'm just telling it like it is.

#84 Posted by ShuichiChamp24 (5014 posts) -

Before things get any worse, I didn't mean it. Congratulations charizard for winning the awards. Though I still think MKfan should have won.

#85 Posted by CaseyWegner (70104 posts) -

any objections to my awards?

#86 Posted by AznbkdX (3120 posts) -

CaseyWegner

Nah its all peachy good sir. :)

#87 Posted by charizard1605 (55345 posts) -

[QUOTE="charizard1605"]

Rocker6

Does anyone know the exact reason for these "rigging" accusations?

Is someone mad about some of the winners, or is someone mad they haven't won anything themselves?

Or is it something entirely different? :?

Someone probably thinks the people handling the Awards (read: me, DL, Blab, Freedom) are untrustworthy. The accusations of rigging are nothing new. This is the first time they've escalated to this level though.
#88 Posted by charizard1605 (55345 posts) -

[QUOTE="charizard1605"]

AznbkdX

Honestly man, I don't really care. I didn't vote for many reasons, lazy or otherwise.

I'm also pretty sure I never implied it was rigged. Far from it imo since we all know that most of the winners are frequent loungers and are not only chosen by good posting etiquette. Not to sound like a dick or anything but its pretty apparent to anyone that actually observes things in the slightest.

Either way there was a good chance you would have won anyways. Maybe that nintendoboy guy would have caught up but thats fairly wishful thinking.

Well, I did not mean to sound hostile, so I do apologize if I came off that way :) Just the constant accusations of rigging get tiring. Like I said, it's a thankless job. (For anyone curious, I had a clean sweep. It wasn't as close as you'd think).
#89 Posted by ShuichiChamp24 (5014 posts) -

CaseyWegner
Is it best member of the system wars old guard?
#90 Posted by Heil68 (43186 posts) -

CaseyWegner
Biggest meltdown? Nope. ;)
#91 Posted by AznbkdX (3120 posts) -

[QUOTE="AznbkdX"]

[QUOTE="charizard1605"]

charizard1605

Well, I did not mean to sound hostile, so I do apologize if I came off that way :) Just the constant accusations of rigging get tiring. Like I said, it's a thankless job. (For anyone curious, I had a clean sweep. It wasn't as close as you'd think).

Well I guess you will get a big thank you from me for a job well done! Not that it means much. :P

Its all good though, no reason for any of us to be belligerent over internet awards haha.

#92 Posted by charizard1605 (55345 posts) -

[QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="AznbkdX"]

AznbkdX

Well I guess you will get a big thank you from me for a job well done! Not that it means much. :P

Its all good though, no reason for any of us to be belligerent over internet awards haha.

True that. Apologies once again! This drama is routine now, though :P
#93 Posted by CaseyWegner (70104 posts) -

[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

Heil68

only got two votes. sorry.

#94 Posted by CaseyWegner (70104 posts) -

[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

ShuichiChamp24

yeah. i've been around a long time.

#95 Posted by Heil68 (43186 posts) -

[QUOTE="Heil68"][QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

CaseyWegner

See, I wasn't the only one who thought that!
#96 Posted by ShuichiChamp24 (5014 posts) -

[QUOTE="ShuichiChamp24"][QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

CaseyWegner

yeah. i've been around a long time.

No objections then. Congrats.
#97 Posted by CaseyWegner (70104 posts) -

[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

[QUOTE="Heil68"] Biggest meltdown? Nope. ;)Heil68

See, I wasn't the only one who thought that!

yeah. you were one of two. maybe if there was actually a meltdown more people would have voted.

#98 Posted by jg4xchamp (46997 posts) -
I'm so glad that even without a GUFU Even without a hype There is still a bunch of people crying over a fake internet award. If there is a reason these things should happen every year it's for sh1t like this. So good.
#99 Posted by charizard1605 (55345 posts) -
[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"]I'm so glad that even without a GUFU Even without a hype There is still a bunch of people crying over a fake internet award. If there is a reason these things should happen every year it's for sh1t like this. So good.

Well, enough to b*tch to Gamespot about it, yes.
#100 Posted by jg4xchamp (46997 posts) -
[QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="jg4xchamp"]I'm so glad that even without a GUFU Even without a hype There is still a bunch of people crying over a fake internet award. If there is a reason these things should happen every year it's for sh1t like this. So good.

Well, enough to b*tch to Gamespot about it, yes.

I had to do a double take because I thought it was a fake account, but nope someones vagina was bleeding that hard over an internet recount? System Wars forever cIassy.