SW Magazine #57 - Mad about Bayonetta 2? Needs more salt.

• 132 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#-49 Posted by King_Dodongo (3247 posts) -
Happy to live to see another SWM. :D
#-48 Posted by Willy105 (24495 posts) -

At least make an article about Watch Dogs :x

parkurtommo
What would you say about it?
#-47 Posted by Blabadon (25609 posts) -
[QUOTE="parkurtommo"]

Willy105

How it looks like a technical marvel with choice rife within its gameplay. It feels like it could be a defining game of its generation or something like Deus Ex.
#-46 Posted by parkurtommo (25923 posts) -
[QUOTE="parkurtommo"]

Willy105

Dem graphics... :P But apparently no one cares about graphics these days... >.>
#-45 Posted by TheGuardian03 (21419 posts) -
[QUOTE="Willy105"][QUOTE="parkurtommo"]

Blabadon

How it looks like a technical marvel with choice rife within its gameplay. It feels like it could be a defining game of its generation or something like Deus Ex.

It looked scripted also. Add that.
#-44 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38201 posts) -

[QUOTE="Blabadon"][QUOTE="Willy105"] What would you say about it?TheGuardian03

That's the big debate with the game, how much of what happened is actually up to the player. if it's all dynamic and on the fly then it will be a truly amazing game

#-43 Posted by TheGuardian03 (21419 posts) -

[QUOTE="TheGuardian03"][QUOTE="Blabadon"] How it looks like a technical marvel with choice rife within its gameplay. It feels like it could be a defining game of its generation or something like Deus Ex. seanmcloughlin

That's the big debate with the game, how much of what happened is actually up to the player. if it's all dynamic and on the fly then it will be a truly amazing game

If it was on next gen consles then yes all dynamic but for this gen? nah i don't think so but if Ubi can prove me wrong then i will be impressed.
#-42 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38201 posts) -

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

[QUOTE="TheGuardian03"] It looked scripted also. Add that.TheGuardian03

If it was on next gen consles then yes all dynamic but for this gen? nah i don't think so but if Ubi can prove me wrong then i will be impressed.

A PC can do it, and that's what we were shown

#-41 Posted by TheGuardian03 (21419 posts) -

[QUOTE="TheGuardian03"][QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

seanmcloughlin

Its also on consles, what they are trying to do with this game, no way its dynamic it is scripted, consles are just old right now and until proof is shown that this is scripted to me.
#-40 Posted by parkurtommo (25923 posts) -
[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

[QUOTE="TheGuardian03"] If it was on next gen consles then yes all dynamic but for this gen? nah i don't think so but if Ubi can prove me wrong then i will be impressed.TheGuardian03

Its also on consles, what they are trying to do with this game, no way its dynamic it is scripted, consles are just old right now and until proof is shown that this is scripted to me.

A lot of it was indeed scripted, it's simply impossible to have AI as advanced as that on current gen consoles... So, yeah.
#-39 Posted by CaseyWegner (70104 posts) -

[QUOTE="TheGuardian03"][QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

parkurtommo

A lot of it was indeed scripted, it's simply impossible to have AI as advanced as that on current gen consoles... So, yeah.

still sounds awesome, though.

#-38 Posted by WilliamRLBaker (28331 posts) -
lol mac is pc. Odd how even the debate about the matter is taboo seems like certain mods want the pc to have unfair advantage.
#-37 Posted by tenaka2 (17013 posts) -

lol mac is pc. Odd how even the debate about the matter is taboo seems like certain mods want the pc to have unfair advantage.WilliamRLBaker

willy

#-36 Posted by parkurtommo (25923 posts) -

[QUOTE="WilliamRLBaker"]lol mac is pc. Odd how even the debate about the matter is taboo seems like certain mods want the pc to have unfair advantage.tenaka2

willy

Sums up almost every single post of his :P
#-35 Posted by TheGuardian03 (21419 posts) -

[QUOTE="parkurtommo"][QUOTE="TheGuardian03"] Its also on consles, what they are trying to do with this game, no way its dynamic it is scripted, consles are just old right now and until proof is shown that this is scripted to me.CaseyWegner

Yeah agreed, i don't mind it being scripted. Funny thought when uncharted is called scripted and gets bashed for it, but when another game does it its alright.
#-34 Posted by CaseyWegner (70104 posts) -

SWM isn't dead!!! :D Whew, its been gone for so long, I assumed the worst... [QUOTE="DarkLink77"]

Oh, SWM. I need to write something for you again.

bbkkristian

Oh I want to as well! :D But I dunno if I have enough fanboyism.

you don't need to be a fanboy to contribute.

#-33 Posted by Slashless (10085 posts) -

You guys failed to ask Casey the hard hitting questions, like how long did he cry after his ban.

#-32 Posted by CaseyWegner (70104 posts) -

You guys failed to ask Casey the hard hitting questions, like how long did he cry after his ban.

Slashless

why would i cry? i'm like chuck norris.

#-31 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38201 posts) -
#-30 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38201 posts) -

[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

[QUOTE="parkurtommo"] A lot of it was indeed scripted, it's simply impossible to have AI as advanced as that on current gen consoles... So, yeah.TheGuardian03

Yeah agreed, i don't mind it being scripted. Funny thought when uncharted is called scripted and gets bashed for it, but when another game does it its alright.

Uncharted was fine the first 2 outings and the scripted areas were well received, they added a lot of adrenaline to the game. But after 3 you get burned out on it. Watch Dogs gets away with it because it's new and exciting and has a really cool concept behind it all.

#-29 Posted by Willy105 (24495 posts) -
Watch Dogs looked like a great PS3/360 game; but I wouldn't call it next-gen or anything; unless we lowered our standards for 'next-gen' this time for some reason.

Slashless
It's the way of politics, I'm afraid. Can't ask tough questions if I want other people to accept interviews.
#-28 Posted by TheGuardian03 (21419 posts) -

[QUOTE="TheGuardian03"][QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

seanmcloughlin

Uncharted was fine the first 2 outings and the scripted areas were well received, they added a lot of adrenaline to the game. But after 3 you get burned out on it. Watch Dogs gets away with it because it's new and exciting and has a really cool concept behind it all.

I know but still, many games are scripted but uncharted gets called out the most, i guess being popular there must be haters.
#-26 Posted by DeadMan1290 (15499 posts) -
[QUOTE="bbkkristian"]So Willy, were you suspended? DarkLink77
I doubt it. It's damn near impossible to get suspended nowadays.

Willy's always getting suspended. >.>
#-25 Posted by CaseyWegner (70104 posts) -

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="bbkkristian"]So Willy, were you suspended? DeadMan1290
I doubt it. It's damn near impossible to get suspended nowadays.

Willy's always getting suspended. >.>

maybe i should revise my agreement with it being easy to get suspended. i had to become a moderator and then wait 8 years before i got suspended for not breaching the terms of use. i guess that can't be counted as easy.

#-24 Posted by Slashless (10085 posts) -

[QUOTE="Slashless"]

CaseyWegner

Chick Norris is a washed up hack who tries to cling to what little relevancy he used to have. So yeah, pretty accurate analogy Casey.
#-23 Posted by CaseyWegner (70104 posts) -

[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

[QUOTE="Slashless"]

Slashless

Chick Norris is a washed up hack who tries to cling to what little relevancy he used to have. So yeah, pretty accurate analogy Casey.

is there any reason for your hostility towards me?

#-22 Posted by Slashless (10085 posts) -

CaseyWegner

Hostility? Lulz. You compared yourself to the guy, not me.

#-21 Posted by Willy105 (24495 posts) -

[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

[QUOTE="Slashless"]

Slashless

Chuck Norris just appeared in a crossover with dozens of the most celebrated action stars of the industry. CaseyWegner just appeared in SWM.

Chuck Norris has nothing on CaseyWegner.

#-20 Posted by CaseyWegner (70104 posts) -

[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

Slashless

even before i made the comparison...

#-19 Posted by Slashless (10085 posts) -

Chuck Norris just appeared in a crossover with dozens of the most celebrated action stars of the industry.

Willy105

Oh yeah, Expendables 2 was it? Yeah I heard that was pretty bad. Can't be worse than the first though.

CaseyWegner

What can I say, you are a bottomless barell of lulz. You getting banned was just icing on that cake. I don't actually pay attention to your posts to actually have any "hostilities" but I do know the basics, and those basics are lulzgalore.

#-18 Posted by CaseyWegner (70104 posts) -

[QUOTE="Willy105"]

Chuck Norris just appeared in a crossover with dozens of the most celebrated action stars of the industry.

Slashless

Oh yeah, Expendables 2 was it? Yeah I heard that was pretty bad. Can't be worse than the first though.

CaseyWegner

What can I say, you are a bottomless barell of lulz. You getting banned was just icing on that cake. I don't actually pay attention to your posts to actually have any "hostilities" but I do know the basics, and those basics are lulzgalore.

what exactly provides the bottomless barell of lulz?

1018722.jpg

#-17 Posted by michaelP4 (16680 posts) -
Good interview with Casey! :)
#-16 Posted by platniumgamer (4087 posts) -

[QUOTE="Slashless"]

[QUOTE="Willy105"]

[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

CaseyWegner

what exactly provides the bottomless barell of lulz?

1018722.jpg

you can now call me the joker, and as you can see i'm a lot happier.

#-15 Posted by CaseyWegner (70104 posts) -

Good interview with Casey! :)michaelP4

thanks. i know it's kind of long.

#-14 Posted by Willy105 (24495 posts) -

[QUOTE="Willy105"]

Slashless

Yeah, those movies are garbage. Great premise, but the movies should have been directed by a real director, not a bad actor that just happens to be popular because of the movies he was in.

#-13 Posted by DarkLink77 (31684 posts) -

[QUOTE="Slashless"]

[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

CaseyWegner

Pro tip from The King, Casey: Don't be so damn serious around here. The last guy who took this place too seriously got laughed out of System Wars and became a fad avatar for a couple months. Don't be that guy.
#-12 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38201 posts) -

[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

[QUOTE="Slashless"]

DarkLink77

Pro tip from The King, Casey: Don't be so damn serious around here. The last guy who took this place too seriously got laughed out of System Wars and became a fad avatar for a couple months. Don't be that guy.

Arbiter? :P

#-11 Posted by DarkLink77 (31684 posts) -

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

seanmcloughlin

Yep. ;) I would just like to point out that I was the first guy to start linking his Youtube account around here. Man, those were good times.
#-10 Posted by parkurtommo (25923 posts) -

seanmcloughlin

Arbitor* :P
#-9 Posted by mitu123 (153911 posts) -

[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

[QUOTE="Slashless"]

DarkLink77

But that also created one of the best SW threads ever! He could be a bigger legend!

#-8 Posted by platniumgamer (4087 posts) -

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"] Pro tip from The King, Casey: Don't be so damn serious around here. The last guy who took this place too seriously got laughed out of System Wars and became a fad avatar for a couple months. Don't be that guy.parkurtommo

Arbitor* :P

arbitor365*

#-7 Posted by DarkLink77 (31684 posts) -

mitu123

But that also created one of the best SW threads ever! He could be a bigger legend!

You don't want to be the kind of legend that Arbitor is, mitu. You should know that. :P
#-6 Posted by darkspineslayer (19446 posts) -
We still doing this? Damn i should write something, even though i don't think many people read my stuff when i did. :(
#-5 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38201 posts) -

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"] Pro tip from The King, Casey: Don't be so damn serious around here. The last guy who took this place too seriously got laughed out of System Wars and became a fad avatar for a couple months. Don't be that guy.DarkLink77

Yep. ;) I would just like to point out that I was the first guy to start linking his Youtube account around here. Man, those were good times.

Damn that thread tore him to shreds. One of the best moments around here,at least since I've been around :P

#-4 Posted by Willy105 (24495 posts) -
We still doing this? Damn i should write something, even though i don't think many people read my stuff when i did. :(darkspineslayer
Sure they did. Your review of Sonic CD is the second most read review in the magazine (behind Jynxzor's review of Portal 2).
#-3 Posted by CaseyWegner (70104 posts) -

[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

[QUOTE="Slashless"]

DarkLink77

oh, i don't. i should just use more emoticons so you know. i though joe pesci would help. :(

#-2 Posted by CaseyWegner (70104 posts) -

[QUOTE="mitu123"]

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"] Pro tip from The King, Casey: Don't be so damn serious around here. The last guy who took this place too seriously got laughed out of System Wars and became a fad avatar for a couple months. Don't be that guy.DarkLink77

You don't want to be the kind of legend that Arbitor is, mitu. You should know that. :P

now i'm like batman.

batmod? :?

#-1 Posted by platniumgamer (4087 posts) -

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="mitu123"] But that also created one of the best SW threads ever! He could be a bigger legend!

CaseyWegner

now i'm like batman.

You either die butthurt, or you live long enough to see yourslef become the Arbitor.

#0 Posted by CaseyWegner (70104 posts) -

[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"] You don't want to be the kind of legend that Arbitor is, mitu. You should know that. :Pplatniumgamer

now i'm like batman.

You either die butthurt, or you live long enough to see yourslef become the Arbitor.

neither of those options sound appealing.