SW Feedback: Why haven't you voted in SW Awards?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by Blabadon (25108 posts) -
#2 Posted by Bigboi500 (28791 posts) -

They're not voting because they know there are a few populars who will receive all the votes, even if it's not warranted. So why bother?

#3 Posted by millerlight89 (18338 posts) -

I just don't see the point. The same reason I don't care to watch that podcast thing. I didn't vote when this place had a good community, sure as hell not going to when it has fallen this far. I come here for the lols and the occasional good discussion, plus it use to be a great place to find out the latest news. Now I come here because it's a habit. It seems there is a certain select group that is desperately trying to cling to how this place once was.

#4 Edited by Zaraxius (205 posts) -

The awards are ultimately meaningless as PC gamers make all the worst choices in life (i.e. playing garbage like The Stanley Parable instead of doing something to improve their miserable lives). You can't expect any type of fair and reasonable voting as long as they're around.

#5 Edited by always_explicit (2582 posts) -

I dont find it interesting. Lack of entertainment value.

All you have to do is look at SolidTY's sig to see why its more damaging to the community. It just stink of self entitled douchery.

#6 Edited by -RPGamer- (34283 posts) -

I'm so ****ing tired of the sticky threads. This forum is continuously plagued with sticky garbage.

#7 Edited by whiskeystrike (12068 posts) -

'Cause PUSH rigged it.

They're clearly the reason I didn't win last year!

#8 Edited by millerlight89 (18338 posts) -

They're not voting because they know there are a few populars who will receive all the votes, even if it's not warranted. So why bother?

Very, very true. I mean that's really not why I don't vote though. Being popular on SW is like being class president at clown college.

#9 Edited by Bigboi500 (28791 posts) -

@Bigboi500 said:

Very, very true. I mean that's really not why I don't vote though. Being popular on SW is like being class president at clown college.

It's a sham because they want it to be like high school. A lot of SW posters are still in high school or closely removed, yet weren't popular in high school... well, because they're on a gaming forum and prefer to communicate online rather than in person. I guess what I'm trying to say is they want a nerdy online high school were they can be nerdy and popular.

#10 Posted by HavocV3 (7934 posts) -

Too many categories. CBA.

#11 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16376 posts) -

I don't vote because I don't care.

#12 Posted by Sweenix (5395 posts) -

Because i cant be bothered, and the mods won't let me vote for xaerogravity in every section

#13 Posted by millerlight89 (18338 posts) -

@millerlight89 said:

@Bigboi500 said:

It's a sham because they want it to be like high school. A lot of SW posters are still in high school or closely removed, yet weren't popular in high school... well, because they're on a gaming forum and prefer to communicate online rather than in person. I guess what I'm trying to say is they want a nerdy online high school were they can be nerdy and popular.

I really wasn't going to say that, but yea you hit the nail on the head. I've always seen it that way.

#14 Posted by PhazonBlazer (11345 posts) -

What time does it end tomorrow?

#15 Edited by jukev2424 (242 posts) -
#16 Posted by mario-galaxys (583 posts) -

I really do not know enough users are even care to vote. I also find it silly for my attention.

#17 Posted by millerlight89 (18338 posts) -

@millerlight89 said:

@Bigboi500 said:

Also, you know what I always found weird. That one user, you know the one that had the SW King, 3 x respected user...and so forth in his sig. Name is the opposite of liquid...that guy? Yea, why does he get so much pleasure out of it. It's like nothing meaningful happens outside of this place.

#18 Edited by Zaibach (13404 posts) -

No point unless you are part of the Lounge clique.

all it does is encourage the trolls to ham up their douche-baggery for a shot of e-fame on a gaming forum.

#19 Posted by PonchoTaco (1890 posts) -

Because I don't care.

#20 Posted by millerlight89 (18338 posts) -

This is my fav thread in awhile tbh. I really didn't think people felt the way I do about this place.

#21 Posted by finalfantasy94 (26136 posts) -

I just dont bother is all.

#22 Edited by Bigboi500 (28791 posts) -

Also, you know what I always found weird. That one user, you know the one that had the SW King, 3 x respected user...and so forth in his sig. Name is the opposite of liquid...that guy? Yea, why does he get so much pleasure out of it. It's like nothing meaningful happens outside of this place.

There's a long story behind that. To make it short, at the beginning of last gen there was this union called GUFU. It consisted largely of Microsoft fans. SolidTy was a member of that union before I was in it, but shortly after I became a member he became the whipping boy of the union, probably because he's an ardent Sony fan, and has quite the ego, even more so than the rest of us that was there at the time.

It was very popular for a large portion of the members of that union to hate on him, until it reached the point where they kicked him out and he started the HYPE union.

I guess he still harbors a grudge against a lot of old SW members and feels absolved by the fact that he's still popular among some in the community. I can't say I blame him either.

#23 Edited by k2theswiss (16584 posts) -

I dont like sticky threads

#24 Edited by wolverine4262 (18697 posts) -

-Too many categories.

-Not enough decent posters.

-I dont give a shit.

#25 Posted by clone01 (24085 posts) -

Because your not my Dad!!! Nah, just kidding. I voted.

#26 Edited by seanmcloughlin (38115 posts) -

@millerlight89 said:

There's a long story behind that. To make it short, at the beginning of last gen there was this union called GUFU. It consisted largely of Microsoft fans. SolidTy was a member of that union before I was in it, but shortly after I became a member he became the whipping boy of the union, probably because he's an ardent Sony fan, and has quite the ego, even more so than the rest of us that was there at the time.

It was very popular for a large portion of the members of that union to hate on him, until it reached the point where they kicked him out and he started the HYPE union.

I guess he still harbors a grudge against a lot of old SW members and feels absolved by the fact that he's still popular among some in the community. I can't say I blame him either.

So we're resorting to talking about posters behind their back yet out in the open at the same time? Fucking class acts

You guys seem very keen to show everyone else just how "above it all" you both are. Get outta here with that holier than thou crap.

#27 Edited by AmazonTreeBoa (16376 posts) -

@Zaibach said:

all it does is encourage the trolls to ham up their douche-baggery for a shot of e-fame on a gaming forum.

+1 best post in the whole thread.

#28 Posted by Bigboi500 (28791 posts) -

So we're resorting to talking about posters behind their back yet out in the open at the same time? Fucking class acts

You guys seem very keen to show everyone else just how "above it all" you both are. Get outta here with that holier than thou crap.

Guy asked me a question and I responded truthfully. What's wrong with telling the truth? And when did I ever claim to be above anything? I voted too, but I can see why a lot of others wouldn't be bothered by doing it.

#29 Posted by Nengo_Flow (9198 posts) -

I have no idea this existed, like most people I never click on those Sticky threads on the top of the forum (i have no idea what they are about)

#30 Posted by mems_1224 (45644 posts) -

I don't remember anyone's username except for the few cool people

#31 Edited by AmazonTreeBoa (16376 posts) -

@Nengo_Flow said:

I have no idea this existed, like most people I never click on those Sticky threads on the top of the forum (i have no idea what they are about)

TBH, neither did I know until this thread. I too never click the stickies. Everytime I come here, I always scroll past them to the first thread with a white title. I never pay the sticky no attention at all and never know what they are about.

#32 Edited by millerlight89 (18338 posts) -

@millerlight89 said:

Hmm makes that makes sense. That makes me view him in a different light. I always heard about GUFU, never really cared to find out what type of Union it was. I never really realized he was a huge Sony fan, he hides it well. Maybe I never really paid that much attention. I'll have to apologize to him for being such a prick to him over the years. Feel bad now.

#33 Posted by Blabadon (25108 posts) -

You should post in the lounge dude, it's a pretty cool discovery to see something so fun that's right there that you were once missing out on.

#34 Edited by DarkLink77 (31683 posts) -

@millerlight89 said:

@Bigboi500 said:

Um... could you generalize any more? This straight up isn't true for the majority of posters on this forum.

#35 Posted by MrYaotubo (2491 posts) -

Amusing to see that in less than an hour this thread already has more posts than the SW awards thread lol.

Who´s really surprised though,most of the best posters only post occasionally and many others simply left,and after that pathetic display with the usual suspect(s) crying to the admins about the votes last year this thing was better off not even taking place.

#36 Edited by Bigboi500 (28791 posts) -

@Bigboi500 said:

@millerlight89 said:

@Bigboi500 said:

Um... could you generalize any more? This straight up isn't true for the majority of posters on this forum.

That was a joke. The giveaway is the fact that I post here too, just like everybody else.

#37 Edited by tonitorsi (8098 posts) -

@Zaibach said:

What this man has stated. Every syllable.

And the site redesign has put me off of this site almost completely.

Plus every year, its always the same inane shit with the same people/trolls/alts all for quick shot of e-fame.

I don't know. I just grew-out from this stuff on system wars.

#38 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38115 posts) -

And when did I ever claim to be above anything?

This doesn't sound like that to you?

I guess what I'm trying to say is they want a nerdy online high school were they can be nerdy and popular.

If you're insinuating that you're not part of that type of behavior or that it's below you or you have disdain for it then yeah, you're acting "above it all"

#39 Posted by DarkLink77 (31683 posts) -

@Zaibach said:

You can't be a part of any community if you don't interact with it.

You don't post here, and then complain about the fact that there's no point in voting because you aren't a part of the community. Gee, I wonder why that is.

#40 Posted by Bigboi500 (28791 posts) -

@Bigboi500 said:

And when did I ever claim to be above anything?

This doesn't sound like that to you?

@Bigboi500 said:

I guess what I'm trying to say is they want a nerdy online high school were they can be nerdy and popular.

If you're insinuating that you're not part of that type of behavior or that it's below you or you have disdain for it then yeah, you're acting "above it all"

As I said to DL, it was a joke dude.

#41 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38115 posts) -

@Zaibach said:

I never post in the lounge, like ever, and yet I somehow still got votes. Kind of goes against your theory

#42 Edited by DarkLink77 (31683 posts) -

@Bigboi500 said:

@DarkLink77 said:

@Bigboi500 said:

@millerlight89 said:

@Bigboi500 said:

That was a joke. The giveaway is the fact that I post here too, just like everybody else.

In that case, my bad.

You should know that the fact that people post here doesn't mean that they don't think they are above the rest of the people that post here. Come on, now. You've been around the block enough times to have seen that. Can't really blame me for taking that at face value in this place. :P

#43 Posted by charizard1605 (54090 posts) -

When exactly does voting end tomorrow?

@Zaibach said:

Plus every year, is always the same inane shit with the same people/trolls/alts all for quick shot of e-fame.

I dont know. I just grew-out from this stuff on system wars.

Here's an idea, instead of treating the 'lounge clique' with disdain, you guys should maybe try getting along with that community. If you won't take part in the community, then no shit, the community won't recognize you, because they barely know who you are to begin with.

#44 Posted by Nengo_Flow (9198 posts) -

@Blabadon said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

You should post in the lounge dude, it's a pretty cool discovery to see something so fun that's right there that you were once missing out on.

nah, like 5 years ago I would try once in a while, but I dont like going into a thread that already had 2000 post and I have no idea what people are currently discussing cuz the conversation has been going on for like 25 pages.

#45 Posted by millerlight89 (18338 posts) -

@Zaibach said:

Plus every year, its always the same inane shit with the same people/trolls/alts all for quick shot of e-fame.

I don't know. I just grew-out from this stuff on system wars.

I wouldn't call it the "lounge clique," but more of a SW clique. I was in one in my HS days, but I'm not in HS and this is a gaming forum.

#46 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (12650 posts) -

Because I really don't care.

#47 Posted by Bigboi500 (28791 posts) -

@Bigboi500 said:

@millerlight89 said:

Hmm makes that makes sense. That makes me view him in a different light. I always heard about GUFU, never really cared to find out what type of Union it was. I never really realized he was a huge Sony fan, he hides it well. Maybe I never really paid that much attention. I'll have to apologize to him for being such a prick to him over the years. Feel bad now.

I've been part of all the fanboy unions: GUFU (lemmings), HYPE (cows) and PUSH (sheep) and they all have five or six popular members in each that control most of the other members through peer pressure, and all have their little politics and drama inside them.

Watching them all was very entertaining and insightful stuff. I should write a book.

#48 Posted by DarkLink77 (31683 posts) -

@Blabadon said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

nah, like 5 years ago I would try once in a while, but I dont like going into a thread that already had 2000 post and I have no idea what people are currently discussing cuz the conversation has been going on for like 25 pages.

So just pop in and say hi. I don't post in the Lounge much anymore, but the people who do post there are pretty welcoming.

#49 Posted by Zaibach (13404 posts) -

@Zaibach said:

You can't be a part of any community if you don't interact with it.

You don't post here, and then complain about the fact that there's no point in voting because you aren't a part of the community. Gee, I wonder why that is.

Well I do have over 13 thousand posts, been here since 07? I'd like to think I was part of the community lol

#50 Posted by Bigboi500 (28791 posts) -

In that case, my bad.

You should know that the fact that people post here doesn't mean that they don't think they are above the rest of the people that post here. Come on, now. You've been around the block enough times to have seen that. Can't really blame me for taking that at face value in this place. :P

I know that, I just have a strange sense of humor that most online folks don't get. I enjoy making fun of myself and everyone around me, and sometimes I structure it in a way that makes others think I'm being snobbish or nasty. Happens all the time. :)