Survarium - 13 minute overview of the world

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Frostbite24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Frostbite24
Member since 2003 • 4536 Posts

Meh, graphics are nice but I need more gameplay. An F2P MMOFPS doesn't sound that appealing TBH. 

seanmcloughlin

I guess I'm a little confused about what this game is. I thought it was a spiritual successor to the now limbo'd Stalker 2. For some reason I didn't know it was going to be an MMO.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11793 Posts

Game is also said to be DX11 only

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

Meh, graphics are nice but I need more gameplay. An F2P MMOFPS doesn't sound that appealing TBH. 

Frostbite24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Frostbite24

I should never open up threads you create without a hefty amount of tissue paper or socks on hands. F*ck me if I'm going to clean up the mess though. I let it harden and then just chisel it off the walls and then vacuum it.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

stalker! :cry:

Flappykid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Flappykid
Member since 2012 • 161 Posts

The only MMO worth its salt is Planetside.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 NoodleFighter

seanmcloughlin

Actually it's not really an MMO it's more of a server/match based game with co op missions that are suppose to give you a singleplayer like experience, however there will be a free mode where everyone can join and pretty much go wild.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-59b71619573a1

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

Frostbite24

I guess I'm a little confused about what this game is. I thought it was a spiritual successor to the now limbo'd Stalker 2. For some reason I didn't know it was going to be an MMO.

From wikipedia:

Survarium is a free-to-play massively multiplayer online first-person shooter with role-playing and survival elements, that Vostok Games is developing through venture capital following the purported cancellation of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2

I bet the game will suck if I'm being frank

Frostbite24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Frostbite24

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

NoodleFighter

Actually it's not really an MMO it's more of a server/match based game with co op missions that are suppose to give you a singleplayer like experience, however there will be a free mode where everyone can join and pretty much go wild.

Awesome, thanks for the info.
Frostbite24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Frostbite24

[QUOTE="Frostbite24"]

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

seanmcloughlin

From wikipedia:

Survarium is a free-to-play massively multiplayer online first-person shooter with role-playing and survival elements, that Vostok Games is developing through venture capital following the purported cancellation of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2

I want to know what sean thinks though.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-59b71619573a1

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

NoodleFighter

Yeah which doens't sound good. It doesn't sound focused or anything, it's only getting recognition because people keep talking about STALKER when they talk about this. I bet it won't do anything special. the environments do look like STALKER though so that's something I guess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-59b71619573a1

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

[QUOTE="Frostbite24"]I guess I'm a little confused about what this game is. I thought it was a spiritual successor to the now limbo'd Stalker 2. For some reason I didn't know it was going to be an MMO.

Frostbite24

From wikipedia:

I think it will be an attempt to capture some STALKER magic but will fail at doing so and will be a bunch of mediocre mechanics all thrown together. 

Frostbite24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Frostbite24

[QUOTE="Frostbite24"][QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

From wikipedia:

seanmcloughlin

I think it will be an attempt to capture some STALKER magic but will fail at doing so and will be a bunch of mediocre mechanics all thrown together. 

Thanks for the input. You and frank are both pretty much on the same page I think.
NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 NoodleFighter

[QUOTE="NoodleFighter"]

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

seanmcloughlin

Yeah which doens't sound good. It doesn't sound focused or anything, it's only getting recognition because people keep talking about STALKER when they talk about this. I bet it won't do anything special. the environments do look like STALKER though so that's something I guess

Well they've basically been reduced to indie status when they left GSC (which the owner of company bought himself a Ferrari afterwards :lol: ) and they still own the rights to STALKER and the engine, so I guess the team decided to work on a new engine and IP.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-59b71619573a1

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

[QUOTE="Frostbite24"]I want to know what sean thinks though.Frostbite24

Thanks for the input. You and frank are both pretty much on the same page I think.

Yeah me and Frank usually have pretty similar thoughts. He's cool

Frostbite24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Frostbite24

[QUOTE="Frostbite24"][QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

seanmcloughlin

Yeah me and Frank usually have pretty similar thoughts. He's cool

:P
PublicNuisance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#17 PublicNuisance
Member since 2009 • 4582 Posts

seanmcloughlin

Sounds more appealing to me than Modern Warfare 4 or BF4 these days. There aren't that many MMOFPS games out there so a few more would be welcome. Whether it can find the same success as Planetside 2 I don't know yet.

Peredith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Peredith
Member since 2011 • 2289 Posts

The graphics look like Stalker: Clear Sky. Not impressed :(

BookerLT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#19 BookerLT
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

Would stop japing about the graphics?! It's the gameplay that matters! And it will be awesome, just Like the STALKER games.