SUPRISED by puzzle quest.... anyone else? might be underated

This topic is locked from further discussion.

diddy007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 diddy007
Member since 2006 • 77 Posts
I tried puzzle quest because of all the buzz about it and I was blown away by it's awesomeness. I got it for DS during christmas and regot it for the 360 so I can kick some @$$ online. I think it is kinda underated or under recognized. Everyone should at least try it out...
Makari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Makari
Member since 2003 • 15250 Posts
of course it's good.
OoSuperMarioO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 OoSuperMarioO
Member since 2005 • 6539 Posts
Currently rocking it onthe PSP. Defiantly a great game but I have alot more time to get into it.
toxicmog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 toxicmog
Member since 2006 • 6355 Posts

that it is awesome :D

i was addicted by the demo and had to buy it

EmperorSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 EmperorSupreme
Member since 2006 • 7686 Posts
I got it for PSP, it's a great puzzle game. It's actually one of my favorites when I'm on travel. Love it!
Corvin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Corvin
Member since 2002 • 7266 Posts
Honestly? No, I was not impressed with Puzzle Quest. I like Bejeweled-style puzzles, and I like quests. But apparently I don't like them at the same time.
Wanderer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8 Wanderer5
Member since 2006 • 25727 Posts
I have the PSP version. It really a good game.
Bgrngod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#9 Bgrngod
Member since 2002 • 5766 Posts

Surprising that it sucks as much as it does? I've never seen so much blatant cheating from a game before (excluding multiplayer). I have it for the DS and I can honestly say it's a piece of trash.

Wanderer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Wanderer5

Surprising that it sucks as much as it does? I've never seen so much blatant cheating from a game before (excluding multiplayer). I have it for the DS and I can honestly say it's a piece of trash.

Bgrngod

What do you mean blatant cheating?

Bgrngod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Bgrngod
[QUOTE="Bgrngod"]

Wanderer5

Watching the oppenant rattle of 20+ moves in a row. I lost count of how many times I was demolishing an opponent (almost full HP, enemy almost dead) only to loose because the computer decides it's show time and pulls out perfect setups on every gem that drops into the playing field. Just ridiculous.

Wanderer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Wanderer5
[QUOTE="Wanderer5"][QUOTE="Bgrngod"]

Bgrngod

Watching the oppenant rattle of 20+ moves in a row. I lost count of how many times I was demolishing an opponent (almost full HP, enemy almost dead) only to loose because the computer decides it's show time and pulls out perfect setups on every gem that drops into the playing field. Just ridiculous.

I don't think they are cheating. They are just good of finding combos.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e836a855beb2
deactivated-5e836a855beb2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
Member since 2005 • 95573 Posts
puzzle quest is awesome
Avatar image for deactivated-5e836a855beb2
deactivated-5e836a855beb2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
Member since 2005 • 95573 Posts
Watching the oppenant rattle of 20+ moves in a row. I lost count of how many times I was demolishing an opponent (almost full HP, enemy almost dead) only to loose because the computer decides it's show time and pulls out perfect setups on every gem that drops into the playing field. Just ridiculous.Bgrngod
I never lose by skill, only if the computer gets lucky, You need to train your puzzling skills :o
WeAreToast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 WeAreToast
Member since 2006 • 2365 Posts
I tried a demo version of it on the 360, and the concept is incredible. I just might have to buy it sometime in the future.
gamenux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 gamenux
Member since 2006 • 5308 Posts
Actually Puzzle Quest is already recognized. I played it on psp. Good game. Like a quick mindsweep or tetris game. After over 60 hrs of playing it.. And recognizing the pattern so I can battle quicker... it does loses it shine a little bit. Still a great game though. Enjoy.
voxware00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 voxware00
Member since 2004 • 5018 Posts

me and my girlfriend were hooked on it for quite a while for the psp

until we reached the lvl50 cap and realized there wasnt much else to it

we've been hooked on about 30 diff ds games since then though

i'd definately say it's not underrated though... it seems to be a hit among everyone especially considering its on every damn platform

i didn't get into multi or anything though

strahd01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#18 strahd01
Member since 2003 • 2440 Posts
[QUOTE="Bgrngod"][QUOTE="Wanderer5"][QUOTE="Bgrngod"]

Wanderer5

used to happen to me alot too i figured since there is no time limit i would try to take all the best moves keeps u on your toes. diffculty is high but its still fun

Nintendo_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#19 Nintendo_Man
Member since 2003 • 19733 Posts
Better than Portal
Bgrngod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Bgrngod
[QUOTE="Bgrngod"]

Wanderer5

I am talking exclusively about the computer here, not multiplayer. Having the computer ALWAYS find the best move, and constantly getting great gem replacements is basically cheating. For a game like this where there is a mathematical way to pick the best move the developers need to program in a bit more randomness or it just becomes very cheap.

Wanderer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Wanderer5
[QUOTE="Wanderer5"][QUOTE="Bgrngod"]

Bgrngod

I am talking exclusively about the computer here, not multiplayer. Having the computer ALWAYS find the best move, and constantly getting great gem replacements is basically cheating. For a game like this where there is a mathematical way to pick the best move the developers need to program in a bit more randomness or it just becomes very cheap.

I wasn't talking about multiplayer. And I don't think they aren't changing gems. I think what is happening is a little luck. When gems disappeared, more gems will come to replace them. There a chance that there another combo, then another, and so on depending on the gems that appear.

Bgrngod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Bgrngod

I wasn't talking about multiplayer. And I don't think they aren't changing gems. I think what is happening is a little luck. When gems disappeared, more gems will come to replace them. There a chance that there another combo, then another, and so on depending on the gems that appear. Wanderer5

Yeah, I get that part. The part that I am complaining about is that the computer will often get "extra move" comboes 20 times in a row. Enough that I can sit and watch my hitpoints go from entirely full, to dead all in one of the computers turns.

I've never once had that many moves in a row of 4 gems each movie. Not even half that many.

Makari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Makari
Member since 2003 • 15250 Posts
[QUOTE="Bgrngod"][QUOTE="Wanderer5"][QUOTE="Bgrngod"]

Wanderer5

no, it cheats its happy little ass off. that much has already been acknowledged. i just loved the game anyway. one of the most addicting i'd played on my ds all year, and that's saying a lot. i mean.. that i stuck with it despite the ai cheating like crazy?