Support Sony or let Sony go bankrupt?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Posted by FreedomFreeLife (3170 posts) 10 months, 13 days ago

Poll: Support Sony or let Sony go bankrupt? (116 votes)

Yes. (I support PS4, and i support Sony by buying Sony TV, mobiles, movies) 34%
No. (I support PS4 but i don´t support Sony. I let Sony go bankrupt) 28%
No. (I don´t support PS4 and i don´t support Sony. I let Sony go bankrupt) 37%

Last time i hear that people want free games from PS4 and Sony, meanwhile Sony losses massive money and runs out of money. So, are you ready to support Sony to save Playstation brand? Or its better to let Sony go bankrupt, not buying Sony TV and mobiles, but buying Samsung or LG or Apple instead, and let Microsoft buy Playstation brand?

If anyone think that you buy games and once PS4 console helps Sony, then you wrong. Sony has no money, they keep losing money, meanwhile Microsoft, Samsung and Apple become richer and richer. Buying games won´t help Sony if you not buy Sony mobiles, TVs or movies.

When Sony goes bankrupt, then there will be no Playstation consoles. Only stupid people think there would be.

#1 Posted by AutoPilotOn (8571 posts) -

I am not going to buy a sony product just to support Sony. They have to earn my business. I am not looking for new tv or anything anytime soon but I usually want best I can get at value and sony is usually anything but a "value" product. Their TVS sell for a premium.

#2 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (8651 posts) -

My Sony Blurays playerz took a shit the other day and isn't even a year old. I want someone's head for this!

#3 Edited by FreedomFreeLife (3170 posts) -

Also, Sony movies like Spider-Man and James Bond makes profit. Do people really want Spider-Man rights to go back to Marvel, and make Ultimate Spider-Man Movie(like Sony made The Spectacular Spider-Man, but Marvel bought and made Ultimate Spider-Man instead). Let Spider-Man go, and we can say good bye to Sony and let Microsoft and Apple become Monopoly and let Apple enter in console market instead. Do people want this?

#4 Posted by Blabadon (27999 posts) -

Pepsi or Coke?

#5 Posted by FreedomFreeLife (3170 posts) -

@Blabadon said:

Pepsi or Coke?

1.Ultimate Spider-Man(Marvel) is better than The Spectacular Spider-Man(Sony)?

2. Xbox One is better than Playstation 4?

3. Sony out, Apple in is better?

4. Samsung Monopoly is better than Sony?

If Sony is gone, Microsoft can easily buy Nintendo and become a Monopoly. People want this, this is the only right way.

#6 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (8651 posts) -

@FreedomFreeLife: Yes, some people want this. I truly believe in monopoly in business but only when I am on the benefiting end. Lol

#7 Posted by FreedomFreeLife (3170 posts) -

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@FreedomFreeLife: Yes, some people want this. I truly believe in monopoly in business but only when I am on the benefiting end. Lol

lol

#8 Posted by AutoPilotOn (8571 posts) -

@FoxbatAlpha: the only way you'd benefit from a monopoly is if u owned or had money invested in it. Lol consumers never benefit from it.

That said just blinding buying sony just for the sake of "saving" them and not cause you actually want the product is pretty stupid too.

#9 Edited by FoxbatAlpha (8651 posts) -

@AutoPilotOn: Thank you for taking me so seriously. Maybe you should turn that auto pilot in your brain on.

#10 Posted by FreedomFreeLife (3170 posts) -

@AutoPilotOn said:

@FoxbatAlpha: the only way you'd benefit from a monopoly is if u owned or had money invested in it. Lol consumers never benefit from it.

That said just blinding buying sony just for the sake of "saving" them and not cause you actually want the product is pretty stupid too.

I bought shares and i became millionaire. You just need to know what to buy and sell stocks. (NOT MICROSOFT)

#11 Edited by AutoPilotOn (8571 posts) -

@FoxbatAlpha: u dont have to be an ass.

There are plenty of people here who seem to think a monopoly of their company of choice would be a good thing

#12 Edited by freedomfreak (42364 posts) -

#13 Posted by 7MDMA (315 posts) -

Let em hang. The day these consoles/corporations go out of business will be the day games/developers are able to keep step with the advance of technology. One single unified platform is the only future for gaming and the sooner that comes about the better.

#14 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (8651 posts) -

@freedomfreak said:

FreedomFreak you leave that other Freedom guy alone! LOL.

#15 Posted by freedomfreak (42364 posts) -
@FoxbatAlpha said:

FreedomFreak you leave that other Freedom guy alone! LOL.

I've seen people mix up our usernames, and I shall not stand for this, Foxbat!!!

#16 Posted by HalcyonScarlet (5038 posts) -

I used to love Sony products, they were about quality and reliability for me. Though a lot of others have stepped up their game since.

#17 Posted by misterpmedia (4215 posts) -

Inb4: Lock.

But to humour you: PlayStation will continue no matter what the outcome.

#18 Edited by FreedomFreeLife (3170 posts) -

@misterpmedia said:

Nope, if there is no Sony, then there will be no Playstation. DONT LIVE IN DREAM!!!

#20 Edited by FireEmblem_Man (8993 posts) -

Sony products are sold at a premium, and I feel that has hurt them as they're too stubborn to drop the price of their products. However, their Playstation division will live on, but they may end up making it a Spin-off brand a la SoE

#21 Posted by misterpmedia (4215 posts) -

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@misterpmedia said:

Nope, if there is no Sony, then there will be no Playstation. DONT LIVE IN DREAM!!!

PlayStation will live on, you have to be dense to not even see that. It's like if MS spun off Xbox and didn't find a buyer, some way or another the Xbox brand would continue. It's a sure thing. I think you need to wake up from your lemmy wet dream.

#22 Posted by FreedomFreeLife (3170 posts) -

@FireEmblem_Man said:

Sony products are sold at a premium, and I feel that has hurt them as they're too stubborn to drop the price of their products. However, their Playstation division will live on, but they may end up making it a Spin-off brand a la SoE

Who gives money to Playstation division? Sony right now gave billions to division to create PS4. Having division, means less money and worth, means no console, or like SEGA. No money to make exclusive games, which leads to no console buy. Spin-off would mean end of Playstation... or other way... Microsoft buys Sony with billion which isnt much because Microsoft earned last year more money than Sony a whole money is left on hand

#23 Edited by FreedomFreeLife (3170 posts) -

@misterpmedia said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@misterpmedia said:

PlayStation will live on, you have to be dense to not even see that. It's like if MS spun off Xbox and didn't find a buyer, some way or another the Xbox brand would continue. It's a sure thing. I think you need to wake up from your lemmy wet dream.

I guess Atari and SEGA live on... PS4 is selling at loss and division is also at loss right now.

Again, Sony is the one who gives money to Playstation Division to create console, but if there is no Sony, then division just has no money to create console. Really, you know nothing how company works. I have a company, i studied that a lot. Don´t come here and talk stupid thing. You make yourself look like stupid

#24 Posted by Heil68 (46421 posts) -

@freedomfreak said:

#25 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (26081 posts) -

Isn't Sony in this mess because of Overspending on Projects and making Poor Decisions on things like 3D TVs, 3D Bluray Players and Vita?

#26 Edited by misterpmedia (4215 posts) -

@FreedomFreeLife said:

I guess Atari and SEGA live on... PS4 is selling at loss and division is also at loss right now.

Again, Sony is the one who gives money to Playstation Division to create console, but if there is no Sony, then division just has no money to create console. Really, you know nothing how company works. I have a company, i studied that a lot. Don´t come here and talk stupid thing. You make yourself look like stupid

Really you know nothing either about the future of PlayStation so what I said is still valid. You only make yourself look stupid by trying to deflect it. Try harder freelem.

#28 Posted by shawn30 (4367 posts) -

I don't support PS4 because no game out right now makes me want to own one. I reserve the right to change that notion after E3, lol. I just don't think the PS4 is all that special. Having said that, I don't want to see Sony go bankrupt. Its a hard, hard road ahead for that company though. And thousands of jobs hang in the balance and that goes far beyond video games. Sony is in deep trouble.

#29 Posted by LJS9502_basic (152141 posts) -

@7mdma said:

Let em hang. The day these consoles/corporations go out of business will be the day games/developers are able to keep step with the advance of technology. One single unified platform is the only future for gaming and the sooner that comes about the better.

Consumers don't seem to agree on that though.....

#30 Edited by Wasdie (50488 posts) -

Playstation will probably end up its own business with new owners within the decade. Sony as a company is going to end up going bankrupt and somebody is going to buy them.

Xbox may do the same if Microsoft ends up doing a big restructure.

#31 Posted by 7MDMA (315 posts) -

@LJS9502_basic said:

@7mdma said:

Consumers don't seem to agree on that though.....

Exactly and Sony/Microsoft love them for it.

#32 Posted by speedfog (3333 posts) -

Everyone always told me that Sony tv's are the best. Too bad it wasn't when I bought one. Had many problems with it and the service was shit. I got a new tv from them after a while that also broke a couple of days after the warranty. Had a laptop a couple of years back that also broke right after warranty, and the xperia phones are sh*t. Sold mine to a guy were I work with.

BUT I never ever had a problem with my PS3 (the thing is I don't use it).

So no. Maybe I'll buy the PS4, but the one looks better to me.

#33 Posted by gago-gago (9837 posts) -

If Sony can't even support Sony right now, I don't think anything can. Just like its products, they are becoming obsolete as there are other better companies and products.

#34 Posted by Krelian-co (12423 posts) -

is this time of the year pre e3 when lems cross their fingers wishing that playstation don't destroy xbox yet another year.

#35 Posted by lostrib (41197 posts) -

I would support you to stop making threads

#36 Posted by clr84651 (5537 posts) -

@FoxbatAlpha said:

My Sony Blurays playerz took a shit the other day and isn't even a year old. I want someone's head for this!

My 360 got a failed HDD that I paid $100 more for another to MS for their crappy HDDs, then I got a failed disc loader, I had bought the WiFi adaptor for $79, & then it RRoDs. I want someone's head for this.

#37 Posted by clone01 (25139 posts) -

@Blabadon said:

Pepsi or Coke?

Tacos or Pizza?

#38 Posted by bulby_g (1348 posts) -

@AutoPilotOn said:

I am not going to buy a sony product just to support Sony. They have to earn my business. I am not looking for new tv or anything anytime soon but I usually want best I can get at value and sony is usually anything but a "value" product. Their TVS sell for a premium.

Exactly this. Other than my consoles and handhelds I've not purchased a Sony product in years. Their audio stuff is pretty crap and TV's cost too much. I'll buy a PS4 if and when some games come that I want though.

#39 Edited by speedfreak48t5p (9044 posts) -

What an amazing thread TC. Good work.

#40 Posted by MBirdy88 (8978 posts) -

They are not going bankrupt... and they are getting support where they deserve support. it takes years to cut off the dead-weight.... but quite clearly thye won't go bankrupt.

#41 Posted by LadyBlue (3985 posts) -

I'm using all my savings to save sony.

#42 Edited by Telekill (4979 posts) -

I'm not really sure why so many gamers want to see any game company die. I don't understand the mind set of people in general these days. I don't understand the "if it's not me, then fuck it" mentality.

I support Sony via PlayStation only. If they go bankrupt and the PlayStation brand is gone, I'd feel sorry for everyone that lost their jobs and probably move to PC gaming. I don't want Sony going bankrupt because I want people to keep their jobs so they can support their families. That is what matters.

#43 Posted by Cloud_imperium (5339 posts) -

I don't support PS4 but Sony going bankrupt is not good for industry . Competition is good thing .

#45 Edited by kingtito (5156 posts) -

I would be travesty if Sony goes bankrupt. I shudder to think what MS would do if there wasn't any competition, same as Sony.

#46 Posted by darkangel115 (2102 posts) -

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@Blabadon said:

Pepsi or Coke?

1.Ultimate Spider-Man(Marvel) is better than The Spectacular Spider-Man(Sony)?

2. Xbox One is better than Playstation 4?

3. Sony out, Apple in is better?

4. Samsung Monopoly is better than Sony?

If Sony is gone, Microsoft can easily buy Nintendo and become a Monopoly. People want this, this is the only right way.

nobody in their right minds wants a monoply. I know most cows are rabid idiots here, but Sony still made a good games console. and MS and Sony need each other for the gamers to benefit. As far as the rest of sony's electronics, they are overpriced and under perform. Nobody in their right mind would buy a sony TV.

#47 Edited by PrincessGomez92 (3727 posts) -

#48 Posted by stizzal13 (609 posts) -

@FreedomFreeLife What makes you think Sony does not have any cash? Why do you think the PS4 would die if Sony went through a liquidation?

I like any reasonable consumer would support Sony if they offer a product I want, and that product has a superior value proposition compared to its competitors. More to your point, supporting a product does not guarantee the success of the company. The profitability of Sony's business strategy is what is important.

#49 Edited by hehe101 (629 posts) -

Not supporting the PS4 because I don't think it's anything special and it's few games don't interest me in the slightest, however I don't want Sony to go bankrupt it will affect alot of personal lives etc, and it's healthy for Microsoft to have competition.

#50 Posted by delta3074 (18675 posts) -

As gamers we should all support SONY, Without SONY the Gaming industry would not be as competitive and ALL gamer s would suffer as a result.

We all have a good laugh on here, SONY vs MS vs Nintendo vs Master race but it gets a bit Much when Fanboys actively want a company to Fail.