Support Capcom (Please Sign)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gnavazl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 gnavazl
Member since 2006 • 169 Posts

This is a petition in response to the petition bashing Capcom for going multi-platform for Devil May Cry 4. Click here to SUPPORT Capcom's decision to allow more people to enjoy their games!

http://www.petitiononline.com/gocapcom/petition.html

Support multi-platform games!

Avatar image for FrenziedRaldo24
FrenziedRaldo24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 FrenziedRaldo24
Member since 2005 • 9054 Posts
I don't have a problem with the game going multiplat, but the fact that Capcom is going to half-*** the PS3 version... I won't sign.
Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#3 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

Who cares if their games go multiplat? They still get to play them...

Kook18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Kook18
Member since 2006 • 4257 Posts
I don't have a problem with the game going multiplat, but the fact that Capcom is going to half-*** the PS3 version... I won't sign.FrenziedRaldo24
cus you're on the dev team?
Avatar image for justforlotr2004
justforlotr2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 justforlotr2004
Member since 2004 • 10935 Posts

I don't have a problem with the game going multiplat, but the fact that Capcom is going to half-*** the PS3 version... I won't sign.FrenziedRaldo24

How do you know they will halfass the PS3 version?

shoeman12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 shoeman12
Member since 2005 • 8744 Posts
there's another thread about this and i already signed.
raze182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 raze182
Member since 2004 • 276 Posts

there's another thread about this and i already signed.shoeman12

Yeah, but they locked my thread, so I'm glad someone reposted it. I don't know what GS has against petitions. Thanks, gnavazl. :)

Gen007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 Gen007
Member since 2006 • 11006 Posts
yeah go capcom i think they really decided to make the jump because they have a winning streak on the 360 right noe dead rising and lost planet are both high selling games
shoeman12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 shoeman12
Member since 2005 • 8744 Posts

[QUOTE="shoeman12"]there's another thread about this and i already signed.raze182

Yeah, but they locked my thread, so I'm glad someone reposted it. I don't know what GS has against petitions. Thanks, gnavazl. :)

why would they lock that one and not the boycott capcom one? if cows can make petition threads so can we.
snakeofsolid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 snakeofsolid
Member since 2005 • 2140 Posts

"fact?" for all we know they already somewhere in development, which im sure HAS BEEN on the PS3, so if anything the 360s gettign the port. 

tegovoltio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 tegovoltio
Member since 2004 • 9280 Posts
So ppl did feel threatened by the other petition after all. lol These petitions hardly accomplish anything. Capcom is putting them multiplat cus they are in a not so good shape and they hardly keep exclusives (RE 4) they will bring it regardless the other petition says ''don't'' , but don't think it will be because of this one either.
gnavazl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 gnavazl
Member since 2006 • 169 Posts
keep this thread alive repost it if necessary, let capcom know we support it
Raidea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Raidea
Member since 2006 • 4366 Posts

Half-arse the PS3 version...what, just because its getting ported? Oh please... 

raze182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 raze182
[QUOTE="raze182"]

[QUOTE="shoeman12"]there's another thread about this and i already signed.shoeman12

why would they lock that one and not the boycott capcom one? if cows can make petition threads so can we.

I don't get it. Maybe the mods are cows.

arinya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 arinya
Member since 2006 • 1054 Posts
Capcom would be fool not to try and release DMC mulitplat. Fanboys are idiots.
LongshotX2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 LongshotX2
Member since 2006 • 842 Posts
NEVAH!!
liljon546

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 liljon546
Member since 2005 • 2301 Posts
I signed.
raze182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 raze182

So ppl did feel threatened by the other petition after all. lol These petitions hardly accomplish anything. Capcom is putting them multiplat cus they are in a not so good shape and they hardly keep exclusives (RE 4) they will bring it regardless the other petition says ''don't'' , but don't think it will be because of this one either.tegovoltio

I agree that these petitions will probably not influence the decisions of developers, but the "Boycott Capcom" apparently had enough of an effect that it is making news stories and was even adressed by Capcom. The purpose of starting the "Support Capcom" petition is more about making a point that most gamers support multi-patform games. If it happens to make it to Capcom execs, good. I'm a 360 owner myself, but would have no problem if Lost Planet and Dead Rising went to the PS3, Wii, or PC. In fact, I think they should be able to enjoy those games, which is why it makes me angry to see the selfish, egotistical, and immature "Boycott Capcom" petition gain popularity. So I created one for more enlightened, "share the wealth" gamers.

Merovingin33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Merovingin33
Member since 2004 • 3877 Posts

idk why people want #4 with out 123

i could sell you episode 3 of star wars and have you miss 1 and 2. 

thinicer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 thinicer
Member since 2006 • 3704 Posts
I think you can better "support" Capcom by actually buying their titles.
Kook18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Kook18

Merovingin33
you think people never owned a ps2? a huge chunk of the gaming population owned/owns a ps2. a huge chunk of 360 players owned/owns a ps2.
D1STURBED0NE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 D1STURBED0NE
Member since 2006 • 288 Posts
I signed
Michael85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Michael85
Member since 2005 • 3971 Posts

Merovingin33
If I'm not mistaken, the first star wars to come out was Episode 4: A New Hope. Way to shoot yourself in the foot, there, slick.
raze182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 raze182

I think you can better "support" Capcom by actually buying their titles.thinicer

And I will when DMC4 comes out. Boycotting the PS3 version will only backfire and hurt sales on that console, so Capcom will actually be less likely to make PS3 exclusives. Funny how that works, isn't it. Although I don't think a few extreme fanboys will make a dent in sales and they'll only be hurting themselves by not getting it.

Merovingin33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Merovingin33
[QUOTE="Merovingin33"]

Kook18

you think people never owned a ps2? a huge chunk of the gaming population owned/owns a ps2. a lot of 360 players owned/owns a ps2.

that isn't a vaild argument, that is just an assumption.

i see capcom releasen only #4 to the 360

when on the other had you have a company like valve releasen half life 1, 2, episode 1 and episode 2 in a set to help the 360 users catch up. half life 1 was on the ps2 but that really doesn't matter does it. 

Merovingin33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Merovingin33
[QUOTE="Merovingin33"]

Michael85

If I'm not mistaken, the first star wars to come out was Episode 4: A New Hope. Way to shoot yourself in the foot, there, slick.

yes because my example was ment to talk about star wars? 

Kook18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Kook18
[QUOTE="Kook18"][QUOTE="Merovingin33"]

Merovingin33

you think people never owned a ps2? a huge chunk of the gaming population owned/owns a ps2. a lot of 360 players owned/owns a ps2.

when on the other had you have a company like valve releasen half life 1, 2, episode 1 and episode 2 in a set to help the 360 users catch up. half life 1 was on the ps2 but that really doesn't matter does it.

btw when have people played DMC for the story? each one can be played as a stand alone game fine without being overly confused, compared to an rpg sequel or something. plus this game is  a prequel, its not like you'll need much foreshadowing.
Bansheesdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#28 Bansheesdie
Member since 2004 • 15057 Posts
"This is due to your decision to embrace all gaming comsoles." I was going to sign, but not anymore.
Merovingin33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Merovingin33
[QUOTE="Merovingin33"][QUOTE="Kook18"][QUOTE="Merovingin33"]

Kook18

btw when have people played DMC for the story? each one can be played as a stand alone game fine without being overly confused, compared to an rpg sequel or something. plus this game is a prequel, its not like you'll need much foreshadowing.

i have taken into consideration that most devil may cry games do not have connecting story line however they do have connection non the less, whether or not they are of imporant to you is somewhat illrelivent. however i wasn't made aware that this was a prequel, but a prequel to what? what are they looken back on and what game will this game lead to?

Kook18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Kook18
[QUOTE="Kook18"][QUOTE="Merovingin33"][QUOTE="Kook18"][QUOTE="Merovingin33"]

Merovingin33

btw when have people played DMC for the story? each one can be played as a stand alone game fine without being overly confused, compared to an rpg sequel or something. plus this game is a prequel, its not like you'll need much foreshadowing.

i have taken into consideration that most devil may cry games do not have connecting story line however they do have connection non the less, whether or not they are of imporant to you is somewhat illrelivent. however i wasn't made aware that this was a prequel, but a prequel to what? what are they looken back on and what game will this game lead to?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Devil_may_cry_4 it doesn't say if it's a prequel to 3, it just says its another prequel in the franchise :?
Avatar image for psycotictaratua
psycotictaratua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 psycotictaratua
Member since 2005 • 969 Posts

I'll sign.

Anyone who is honestly upset about DMC going multiplat is a pure fanboy, it's not like you're actually getting less.  It's the fact that someone else is getting more, and you can't brag about what you have anymore.

Merovingin33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Merovingin33
[QUOTE="Merovingin33"][QUOTE="Kook18"][QUOTE="Merovingin33"][QUOTE="Kook18"][QUOTE="Merovingin33"]

Kook18

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Devil_may_cry_4 it doesn't say if it's a prequel to 3, it just says its another prequel in the franchise :?

heh

then are little discussion has meet a cross road of limited information.

*golf clap* 

Spartan_024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Spartan_024
Member since 2003 • 2601 Posts
Companies only care about making money. They don't care if Emo Cows are hurt by their decision to make DMC4 multiplat :lol: What can a petition signed by bunch of fanboys do? NOTHING
Kook18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Kook18
[QUOTE="Kook18"][QUOTE="Merovingin33"][QUOTE="Kook18"][QUOTE="Merovingin33"][QUOTE="Kook18"][QUOTE="Merovingin33"]

Merovingin33

heh

then are little discussion has meet a cross road of limited information.

*golf clap*