Superheroes/Comic book characters you'd like to see...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

It seems like such easy pickings, but so difficult to execute. The Batman: Arkham series knocks it out of the park. What other heroes would you like to see in a (well done) game. My vote goes to Judge Dredd (circa the excellent reboot film with Karl Urban, not the awful Sylvester Stallone version)

ni6htmare01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ni6htmare01
Member since 2005 • 3984 Posts

The Punisher! Open world or not it will be awesome if it done right!

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

TMNT.. Rocksteady with the license would be amazing

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#5 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

Green Lantern

Space cop Green Lantern, not stuck on earth doing earth things Green Lantern.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#6 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Any kind of "Superman-tier" level character. Such as Nova, Green Lantern, Superman, Wonder Woman, Shazam, Quasar, etc, etc. where space-flight and 100-ton+ strength levels play heavily into the gameplay.

Although, not like it would make a great video game in terms of deep gameplay, I'd love an Animal Man/Swamp Thing game.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38032 Posts

@clone01 said:

It seems like such easy pickings, but so difficult to execute. The Batman: Arkham series knocks it out of the park. What other heroes would you like to see in a (well done) game. My vote goes to Judge Dredd (circa the excellent reboot film with Karl Urban, not the awful Sylvester Stallone version)

I caught so much shit from young soldiers in the US Army when Dredd came out. They all grew up with Judge Dredd with Stallone and were appalled by the new one. My friend Pierce from Ireland introduced me to the comic in the 90s. I love the new Dredd. I would love a real, Brian Michael Bendis written, Daredevil game. He has NO super strength. Only badass martial arts skills, a combination of his other senses to make the "radar" sense. That movie with Affleck is a fuckin liar

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 cainetao11

@foxhound_fox said:

Any kind of "Superman-tier" level character. Such as Nova, Green Lantern, Superman, Wonder Woman, Shazam, Quasar, etc, etc. where space-flight and 100-ton+ strength levels play heavily into the gameplay.

Although, not like it would make a great video game in terms of deep gameplay, I'd love an Animal Man/Swamp Thing game.

I will add Silver Surfer and reference the series that started in late 1980s. It was the longest running and most awesome in terms of Universe travels, adventure and meeting other life forms/cultures.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

xmen legends 3

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 foxhound_fox

@cainetao11 said:

@foxhound_fox said:

I will add Silver Surfer and reference the series that started in late 1980s. It was the longest running and most awesome in terms of Universe travels, adventure and meeting other life forms/cultures.

Yes. And having Galactus in it would be epic.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 cainetao11

@foxhound_fox said:

@cainetao11 said:

@foxhound_fox said:

True Galactus, or the "fart cloud" version?.........................I know the answer my friend. How epic could that game be, done right?

hehe101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#12  Edited By hehe101
Member since 2011 • 734 Posts

@mems_1224 said:

xmen legends 3

this this this this this. Imagine the danger room with the updated mechanics!

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 cainetao11

@scottpsfan14 said:

Superman. A game that is actually good and has a massive open world. And you can fly where ever you want.

The only part of both Superman Returns and Iron Man games was the flight simulator aspect. But both games were shallow imo.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 foxhound_fox

@cainetao11 said:

@foxhound_fox said:

@cainetao11 said:

@foxhound_fox said:

True Galactus, or the "fart cloud" version?.........................I know the answer my friend. How epic could that game be, done right?

Done right would probably require an equally epic budget, and would require modeling the entire universe/multiverse for Surfer to travel to. Lol.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 clone01

@cainetao11 said:

@clone01 said:

I caught so much shit from young soldiers in the US Army when Dredd came out. They all grew up with Judge Dredd with Stallone and were appalled by the new one. My friend Pierce from Ireland introduced me to the comic in the 90s. I love the new Dredd. I would love a real, Brian Michael Bendis written, Daredevil game. He has NO super strength. Only badass martial arts skills, a combination of his other senses to make the "radar" sense. That movie with Affleck is a fuckin liar

I rented Dredd off Netflix out of boredom one night. I was so pleasantly surprised at that movie.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 foxhound_fox

@clone01 said:

@cainetao11 said:

I rented Dredd off Netflix out of boredom one night. I was so pleasantly surprised at that movie.

I watched both for the first time a few months ago. I liked them both for different reasons. And from the few Dredd comics I've read, the new movie recreates them much more accurately.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 cainetao11

@foxhound_fox said:

@clone01 said:

@cainetao11 said:

I watched both for the first time a few months ago. I liked them both for different reasons. And from the few Dredd comics I've read, the new movie recreates them much more accurately.

As I age, (I am going to be 42 in November, but eternally 14, lol) I can enjoy those terrible Stallone/Schwarzenegger films. They have A time travel appeal to them. Watching them makes me feel like a kid again, even though they blow from a film student stand point.

wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 wolverine4262
Member since 2004 • 20832 Posts

Power Girl

nervmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 nervmeister
Member since 2005 • 15377 Posts

@clone01:

The Flash would open up the opportunity for some unique gameplay mechanics. For instance, imagine a game that challenged you by forcing you to stop two supervillains on opposite sides of the city/sandbox.......AT THE SAME TIME!

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 clone01

@nervmeister said:

@clone01:

The Flash would open up the opportunity for some unique gameplay mechanics. For instance, imagine a game that challenged you by forcing you to stop two supervillains on opposite sides of the city/sandbox.......AT THE SAME TIME!

Flash would be really cool. That's actually a neat concept.

fend_oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21 fend_oblivion
Member since 2006 • 6760 Posts

@Flubbbs said:

This. I'd really love to see the Rocksteady take on the series.

As for Superman, I don't know why people want to play as a dude who is virtually indestructible. Imagine an open world where you do stuff like stop robberies etc with a character like Superman. What fun is there in it? I don't think the average thug would have Kryptonite stuffed down his nickers.

The only way I see Superman being fun is if the battles are against super villains in a large scale. Remember how Metropolis nearly got totaled in Man of Steel?

A Superman game with Superman worrying about collateral damage is no fun. The dude needs huge ass boss fights like Asura's Wrath, without the terrible QTE.

Avatar image for harry_james_pot
harry_james_pot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#22 harry_james_pot  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 11414 Posts

@Flubbbs said:

I really hope they do that^ after Arkham Knight.

Boddicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#23  Edited By Boddicker
Member since 2012 • 4458 Posts

Swamp Thing could be interesting if done right.

OhSnapitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By OhSnapitz
Member since 2002 • 19282 Posts

/Thread