Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Hype thread: Mah Formatting! D:

• 186 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by darkspineslayer (19549 posts) -

Systems: Wii U/3DS

Release date: 2014

Developer: Nintendo, Sora Ltd., with collaboration from Namco Bandai

Previous entry: Super Smash Bros Brawl (Wii) (9.5 Editors choice)

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS will be the fourth and fifth games in the fan favorite Nintendo brawler, as well as the first handheld entry to the series, which only grows more popular with each entry. Super Smash Bros could very well be the shot in the arm the Wii U needs to pick itself up!

-

-

-

-

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-One team is working on both games, there is no "lead platform" but they did consider 3DS exclusive at one point.

-Sakurai is not opposed to DLC, he just isn't thinking about it while he's making a complete game on it's own. Little more hesitant on patches.

-Single player will NOT be structured like the Subspace Emissary, disapointed the cinimatics from it made their way online (welcome to 2005, Sakurai)

-The time for considering new charecters has past. Sorry Geno fans.

-Each version will have the same characters

-Stages will be different between the versions, with the Wii U focusing on home console environments and the 3DS following suit for portable worlds

-Unfortunately, this difference means the game will lack cross-play

-Versions will still have some connectivity between them, with an as of yet unexplored customization element at play. Suggestions are that it won't affect power of attacks, as much as directionality.

-Tripping has been removed (huzzah!)

-Speed of the game will be somewhere between Melee and Brawl. Director wants to strike that balance between those who prefer the pace of melee with the accessibility of Brawl

-Not sure how the fact the 3DS version gives each player a separate screen would be used.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

Mega Man

Longtime request Megaman enters the fray, bringing along a whole armoury of Robot Master weaponry he's acquired over the years. Known weaponry includes the Super Arm, Metal Blade, Crash Bomb, Leaf Shield, Hard Knuckle, Spark Shock, Top Spin, Flame Blast, Slash Claw, and Flame Sword, pulling from throughout the classic series. His weaponry is rounded out by his natural abilities, such as the chargeable Mega Buster, sliding, or the Mega Upper which looks suspiciously like a move from another Capcom Legend.

-

-

-

-

-

The Villager

Does this look like the face of mercy? The animal crossing villager comes to town, and he is ready to pay back some pain. He carries around all sorts of paraphernalia to attack with, and is always ready to pick up more souvenirs, such as Samus's missiles, Mario's fireballs, or any other projectiles and use them for his own carnage. He also does one hell of a balloon fighter impression.

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

Wii Fit Trainer

One of the more....interesting new combatants, the Wii Fit trainer has come to put the Nintendo all stars through their paces. As a health nut, she moves gracefully and many of her moves are based off of the Yoga and other exercises Wii Fit has players do.

#2 Edited by darkspineslayer (19549 posts) -

returning.png

n64.png [spoiler] Mario

The face of Nintendo has been part of the fight from the very beginning, and is the standard by which all other combatants are measured. Easy to use melee and some explosive fire make him a force to be reckoned with.

DK

When you choose DK, you'll not choose wrong. The original heavyweight is back to monkey around for another few rounds with pure physical strength making this well dressed ape deadly.

Link

The Batman of the Nintendo world, he has a well balanced move set with an item for every occasion. Doesn't mean you should take his swordplay lightly, however! The hero of Hyrule will always fight with everything he has.

Samus

The original first lady of gaming returns sporting an updated look from Other M. She is never caught without her accessories, you know how they say missiles are a girl's best friend. Samus is not a fighter you want to let out of arms reach.

Kirby

Is he a marshmellow? Nobody really knows, they just know that he has a very particular set of skills...those of his opponent! Even without them, he brings an array of moves from his own series that make one perilous pink puffball.

Fox

Ace pilot of the Star Fox team has seen his share of battle, and he's just as quick on his feet as he is in an Arwing. His ability to keep you at just the range he wants with ease makes him one sly opponent!

Pikachu

This little electric rodent is famous the world over, and anyone who chooses pikachu finds that he can choose a target and never let it get away with living for another match. Lightning quick, he'll never let prey escape. [/spoiler]

gcn.png

[spoiler] Bowser

The Koopa King returns with his signature brand of terror, and weight to throw around the ring. Sharp claws and red-hot fire breath tear his foes to pieces, as the king koopa gains another throne as king of the ring. [/spoiler]

wii.png

[spoiler] Pit

Sporting an updated look from Kid Icarus uprising, the talkative cherub returns from brawl to hand down Palutena's judgement. His arsenal has been updated with arms, and orbitars from the 3DS shooter.

[/spoiler]

#3 Posted by darkspineslayer (19549 posts) -

stages.png

for-wii-u.png[spoiler]

Skyloft: Different screenshots show very different scenes, perhaps the new Isle Delfino

640px-skyloft_2.png

Castle Wily: Not much known, Moving platforms to either side. Possible appearence of fan favorite Yellow Devil somewhere in the game

640px-wilys_fortress.png

Animal Crossing City: Has a town view and a city view. Not known what the difference is, or if they're even the same stage.

640px-smashvillewiiu01.png

Generic Arena: Did you want more generic than Final Destination? Is this even going to be in the game?

640px-stadium_stage_ssb4.jpg

Battlefield: Same as ever, floats among ruins reminicent of Sky Sanctuary from Sonic. Same day/night cycle as Brawl.

640px-battlefielddaynightcycle1wiiussb4. [/spoiler]

-----------------------------------------------

for-3ds.png[spoiler]

Mario 3D Land stage
new_mushroom_kingdom02.png

New Super Mario Bros stage

new_mushroom_kingdom01.png

Spirit Train

spirittrain3ds01.png

Gerudo Valley

gerudovalley3ds.png

Nintendogs stage

nintendogstage.png

Arena Ferox

arenaferox.png

Battlefield

battlefield3ds.png [/spoiler]

==============================

#4 Posted by darkspineslayer (19549 posts) -

media.png

Nintendo E3 Direct 2013 Reveal trailer

Nintendo Developer Direct

Official Site

=================================

Special thanks to the official site, and the Smash Wiki where most of the resources in this hype thread came from.

#5 Edited by darkspineslayer (19549 posts) -

-

Addendum to get around new gamespot and the horrible formatting tools. Sorry guys, I know it doesn't look as good as it should.

-

-

-

-

Luigi

The original player two has hung out as an unlockable fighter since the dawn of smash,

and he's returned for more fisticuffs. Typically packing his own personal twist on his brothers moves,

the cowardly hero clad in green is ready for Weegee time.

-

-

-

-

-

Princess Peach

The sweetheart of the whole mushroom world returns to the battlefield to spread

the love to her foes. Attacking with her golf club, frying pan, retainer Toad

and a ton of turnips, and surviving with a huge recovery potential due to her glide,

this damsel is hardly in distress.

-

-

-

-

Prince Marth

The tragic prince and hero king of fire emblem has been a fan favourite since

his appearance in Melee helped launch his home series, Fire Emblem to international fame.

His graceful swordplay and counter move dances around his enemy's defences and his shield breaker

catches them off guard for the critical hit.

-

-

-

-

-

Toon Link

Fresh off a HD retelling of his adventure, the Hero of Winds is returning to the battlefield

with trusty master sword, not to mention the rest of his gadgets.

The expressive little guy has some distinct differences from the other incarnation appearing in the game.

-

-

-

-

-

Sonic the Hedgehog

The fastest thing alive speeds around the battlefield with his

trademark spin dashes and homing attacks. Perhaps we'll

see a few key changes to his move set, inspired by his adventures on lost hex?

-

-

-

Olimar

Captain of the S.S. Dolphin, Olimar has always been surviving against all odds

through his uncanny leadership of massive hoard of the plantlike Pikmin lifeforms.

With his whistle and some flowers, he'll find his way to victory.

#6 Posted by darkspineslayer (19549 posts) -
Reserved
#7 Posted by darkspineslayer (19549 posts) -
Reserved
#8 Posted by Enforcedspot (2915 posts) -
Good job on this. I will get both 3DS and wii u versions. Kirby will be my main.
#9 Posted by darkspineslayer (19549 posts) -
My first hype thread is live! Probably a bit early, but I'm sure tidbits will leak out over the year or so we have until launch. I'll be getting both versions
#10 Posted by charizard1605 (56054 posts) -
Put a post where you keep track of all the hype by various posters, and change the Nintendogs Stage text into bold red (it's regular text yet), and you're good to go. Awesome thready, btw :D
#11 Posted by darkspineslayer (19549 posts) -
[QUOTE="charizard1605"]Put a post where you keep track of all the hype by various posters, and change the Nintendogs Stage text into bold red (it's regular text yet), and you're good to go. Awesome thready, btw :D

Thanks. I'll probably put some quotes in the media post once there are some to post.
#12 Posted by ConanTheStoner (4799 posts) -

Nice!  Wii U version here.

Hyping AA

#13 Posted by Basinboy (11057 posts) -

Mega Man is so dope.

Why won't Capcom make a modernized throwback game ala NSMB/DKCR.  They could even go multiplat with consoles & handhelds.  WHY MUST YOU DEPRIVE US SO, CAPCOM!?!?

#14 Posted by Ghost120x (3739 posts) -
Way too early, but the thread looks to be coming along nicely.
#15 Posted by bbkkristian (14945 posts) -
Cool, seeing some Fire Emblem Awakening stages. I hope Lucina is in it.
#16 Posted by ChubbyGuy40 (26108 posts) -

No items, Mega Man only, Final Destination.

Looks so much better than those crappy titles on the PS4/XB1.

#17 Posted by p3anut (5872 posts) -
#18 Posted by AHUGECAT (8967 posts) -

Holy crap the level design looks lazy. Skyloft, Wiley's castle, and the village look exactly the same, just different skins.

Nintendo has just given up. No wonder i am not feeling the hype for this game

#19 Posted by Cherokee_Jack (32198 posts) -

Battlefield

darkspineslayer

Battlefield characters confirmed.

I'm gonna be maining Sweetwater, I think.

#20 Posted by darkspineslayer (19549 posts) -

Holy crap the level design looks lazy. Skyloft, Wiley's castle, and the village look exactly the same, just different skins.

AHUGECAT
Stages usually have gimmicks in the Smash series. I only posted one screen of Skyloft, but from the other screens out there, I get the vibe it's gonna play kind of like Delfino Plaza from Brawl. Maybe I'll work on expanding the stages section tomorrow.
#22 Posted by AHUGECAT (8967 posts) -

[QUOTE="AHUGECAT"]

darkspineslayer

Stages usually have gimmicks in the Smash series. I only posted one screen of Skyloft, but from the other screens out there, I get the vibe it's gonna play kind of like Delfino Plaza from Brawl. Maybe I'll work on expanding the stages section tomorrow.

I've played Brawl, and almost all the stages looked different... now it looks like they don't care and are just slapping different skins together. It's sad to see Nintendo like this.... they should just give up with the Wii U and focus soley on the 3DS.

#23 Posted by ConanTheStoner (4799 posts) -

[QUOTE="darkspineslayer"][QUOTE="AHUGECAT"]

AHUGECAT

I've played Brawl, and almost all the stages looked different... now it looks like they don't care and are just slapping different skins together. It's sad to see Nintendo like this.... they should just give up with the Wii U and focus soley on the 3DS.

Why blow your troll load so early?  This thread will be here for a while.

#24 Posted by AHUGECAT (8967 posts) -

[QUOTE="AHUGECAT"]

[QUOTE="darkspineslayer"] Stages usually have gimmicks in the Smash series. I only posted one screen of Skyloft, but from the other screens out there, I get the vibe it's gonna play kind of like Delfino Plaza from Brawl. Maybe I'll work on expanding the stages section tomorrow. ConanTheStoner

Look at Super Mario 3D World, a port of a 3DS game. Nintendo is now lazy. They don't care anymore. When this game is released in 2014, people will look at my comments and say "Dang, AHUGECAT was right!"

#25 Posted by ArisShadows (22615 posts) -
Not a bad start..
#26 Posted by ConanTheStoner (4799 posts) -

[QUOTE="ConanTheStoner"]

[QUOTE="AHUGECAT"]

AHUGECAT

Look at Super Mario 3D World, a port of a 3DS game. Nintendo is now lazy. They don't care anymore. When this game is released in 2014, people will look at my comments and say "Dang, AHUGECAT was right!"

Reading the quoted part aloud is funny, I'll admit.  

#27 Posted by darkspineslayer (19549 posts) -
Not a bad start..ArisShadows
Forgive my inexperience, I'm a hype thread virgin if you will. :( I intend to update right through launch. We've got a long way to go yet.
#28 Posted by finalfantasy94 (26353 posts) -

lol the wii fit trainer. Man i never thought that would be a character. Not a bad thing but talk about out of no where.

#29 Posted by AHUGECAT (8967 posts) -

lol the wii fit trainer. Man i never thought that would be a character. Not a bad thing but talk about out of no where.

finalfantasy94

Well Wii Fit is part of their 1st or 2nd biggest franchise now (the "Wii" series), even bigger than Zelda, Metroid, and Donkey Kong. I like the idea LOL.

Sora would be cool, but since KH3 is not gonna be on the Wii U he probably won't show up

#30 Posted by m_machine024 (14865 posts) -

[QUOTE="darkspineslayer"][QUOTE="AHUGECAT"]

AHUGECAT

Hmm Brawl stages weren't that different tbh, mostly flash, lacking substance. Looks like it's ended the same way one th WiiU one, sadly. 3DS stages look really abysmal. In the series, Melee imo still has the best stages.

Cool thread btw.

#31 Posted by simomate (1859 posts) -

AHUGECAT
I'm disapppointed with skyloft. they really ought to have done something more like the Temple from Melee was.
#32 Posted by Bardock47 (5239 posts) -

Great thread, getting both...hopefully theres a buying both deal.

#33 Posted by charizard1605 (56054 posts) -

[QUOTE="ConanTheStoner"]

[QUOTE="AHUGECAT"]

AHUGECAT

lol it's not a port.
#34 Posted by SchnabbleTab (1084 posts) -

Good job with the thread, well done.

#35 Posted by Blabadon (25949 posts) -
Excellent job on the thread. Arena Ferox for the 3DS sounds sweet, considering I'm getting that version
#36 Posted by freedomfreak (39189 posts) -
lol Wii Fit Trainer is so awesome. Shame there won't be crossplay. What a missed opportunity.
#37 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (24918 posts) -

It's going to be a long year.

#38 Posted by BlaveBrave (809 posts) -

So much perverted pictures online of the Wii Fit Trainer it makes no sense >_>. Well I guess it does since this is the internet. <_<

Oh yeah and I'm probably getting both.

#39 Posted by PonchoTaco (1976 posts) -

Nice thread. I will be buying the game for Wii U and possibly for my 3DS. Waiting for the inevitable price drop on Wii U. I hope they bring back a character like Lucas. He was my favorite.

EDIT: Megaman looks like a boss. I love that they are going with the original Megaman look. I wonder if there will be a Megaman X version of him or Smash ball version. 

#40 Posted by sHaDyCuBe321 (4075 posts) -
[QUOTE="AHUGECAT"]

[QUOTE="ConanTheStoner"]

charizard1605

lol it's not a port.

I've seen that a couple of times too. People saying it's a 3DS port. And isn't it a bit early to be trolling this hard?
#41 Posted by DJ-Lafleur (34144 posts) -

It's been a couple weeks or more since Smash 4 has been announced and we still haven't gotten anymore character announcements since Wii Fit lady.

F*cking Slackurai...

Nice thread BTW! :)

#42 Posted by Nintendo_Ownes7 (30917 posts) -

I'm looking forward to it; Hope Lucina is in the game. I will also get both versions of the game.

#43 Posted by Michael0134567 (28651 posts) -

Awesome thread. I'll be getting the Wii U version. Hyping AAAA.

My new main will be the Wii Fit Trainer.

#44 Posted by MBirdy88 (7706 posts) -
I am glad the 3DS version gets aLL the characters ..... my fear of a dumbed down version seems to be wrong. Lets be honest, will probably be much bigger on 3DS user base wise. If they nail the online and make it robust this will be perfect.
#45 Posted by PonchoTaco (1976 posts) -

I tend to try and pick the weirdest character and get really good with him. People laugh at my choice, but then I own them :twisted:

Anyone do the same?

#46 Posted by Demonjoe93 (9523 posts) -

Shouldn't the poll be about what the score we think the game is going to get?

Also, I hype AAA.

#47 Posted by Nintendo_Ownes7 (30917 posts) -

Also, I hype AAA.

Demonjoe93

It is way too early for that; The TC will probably do that closer to release.

We don't really know much about the game right now.

#48 Posted by iHailPhilly (64 posts) -
Wii U version, really wish this was releasing this holiday!!! My hype AAA.
#49 Posted by Technoweirdo (7103 posts) -

[spoiler]

Skyloft

Castle Wily

Animal Crossing City

Battlefield

-----------------------------------------------

Mario 3D Land stage

Arena Ferox

Battlefield

==============================

[/spoiler]

darkspineslayer

Think we could use more variety than floating platforms for like half the stages. >.> Also, you sure the second-last stage on the list is Arena Ferox?

#50 Posted by Demonjoe93 (9523 posts) -

[QUOTE="Demonjoe93"]

Also, I hype AAA.

Nintendo_Ownes7

It is way too early for that; The TC will probably do that closer to release.

We don't really know much about the game right now.

That makes sense. Still hyping AAA though. :P