Super Smash Bros for Wii U and 3DS hype thread reborn

• 130 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Poll Super Smash Bros for Wii U and 3DS hype thread reborn (70 votes)

AAAA 41%
AAA 49%
AA 6%
A 4%
B or less 0%

• 
AsadMahdi59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#101  Edited By AsadMahdi59
Member since 2005 • 7226 Posts

huge fan of the series but they haven't shown anything impressive. a bunch of old characters and mostly meh new ones. i'll still eventually wind up with both versions ,but not sure why people are acting like its the 2nd coming

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#102  Edited By Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

@Gargus said:

You do realize your thread posts have become far more redundant than anything Nintendo ever produced.

In any case, did Donkey Kong get an added roll attack? It would be at the end of the new direct when it goes through each character in the roster. Either they finally gave him one of his most iconic moves or that's still just his roll dodge. I hope it's the former.

I'm also interest in the changes made to Olimar. It kind of sucks he can only have 3 pikmin with him.

Foxi911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#103 Foxi911
Member since 2008 • 1676 Posts

@nintendoboy16 said:

@Foxi911 said:

It seems like the smash series has neglected Star Fox and Fzero, altogether.

Fox is in the roster. Just saying.

Of course fox is in the roster, he's a veteran. If he wasn't a veteran, I doubt he would've been included.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#104  Edited By R4gn4r0k  Online
Member since 2004 • 46280 Posts

@Bread_or_Decide said:

one stage type...but with different themes. Apparently this is how super duper smash bros players play the game.

Super cereal.

It's flat for extra cerealness.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#105 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@Gargus said:

Fourth Smash Bros. game in 14 years... Yeah, that's milkage all right.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

@Gargus said:

Yeah. But release a new assassins creed every year and that's exciting? GAMERS....they don't..ugh..I just can't....

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@Bread_or_Decide said:

@charizard1605 said:

@Gargus said:

Yeah. But release a new assassins creed every year and that's exciting? GAMERS....they don't..ugh..I just can't....

Or four Uncharted games in five years. Or literally re-releasing The Last of Us enhanced less than a year after it was originally released. No, that's fine. But four Smash Bros. games in nearly two decades, that's criminal.

m_machine024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 m_machine024
Member since 2006 • 15874 Posts
@nintendoboy16 said:

@m_machine024 said:

@nintendoboy16 said:

And still no Captain Falcon announcement...

Why did they separate Zero Suit Samus and Armored Samus as different characters? It's like separating Super Saiyan Goku from regular Goku.

Did they REALLY just advertise Charizard as a "new" character, even though he's technically a veteran, only that he was with the Pokemon Trainer (Red) and swappable with Squirtle and Ivysaur?

Sorry, but this did not turned out that well for me.

Terrible comparison. SS Goku is pretty much Goku powered up. ZS Samus and Armored Samus have totally different movesets and feel like different characters. I don't mind them getting separated. I didn't like ZS Samus that much.... well I didn't like being forced to be her after doing a final smash..... she looks awesome in Smash 4 tho. :P

They simply revealed Charizard. -___- You think they announced Yoshi as a new character also? The main focus of the last trailer is clearly Geninja.

Yeah I'm waiting for Captain Falcon also. :( He's probably coming back tho. We saw his rival as a assist trophy. (forgot his name)

Yet, despite the different movesets, they are still Samus. Only Zero Suit being weaker and the Armored Samus being stronger.

Then why was Charizard revealed as "new" (well, based on this hype thread and GS article) just because Pokemon Trainer wasn't there?

Hmm did not notice Charizard claimed as new in this thread. My bad. Yeah he should be in Brawl returning characters.

Depends on the player tho. To some she's weaker and to other she's stronger. She's not Jigglypuff weak. XD That said, they definitely boost her in smash 4. She'll kick ass. 8)

Kaze_no_Mirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By Kaze_no_Mirai
Member since 2004 • 11763 Posts

@m_machine024: You just reminded me how fun ZS Samus is to use. She is so weak in Brawl but sooo fast and so easy to chain attacks. I was pretty good with her. I really didn't like how she could 've KOd with low %

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts

@m_machine024 said:
@nintendoboy16 said:

@m_machine024 said:

@nintendoboy16 said:

And still no Captain Falcon announcement...

Why did they separate Zero Suit Samus and Armored Samus as different characters? It's like separating Super Saiyan Goku from regular Goku.

Did they REALLY just advertise Charizard as a "new" character, even though he's technically a veteran, only that he was with the Pokemon Trainer (Red) and swappable with Squirtle and Ivysaur?

Sorry, but this did not turned out that well for me.

Terrible comparison. SS Goku is pretty much Goku powered up. ZS Samus and Armored Samus have totally different movesets and feel like different characters. I don't mind them getting separated. I didn't like ZS Samus that much.... well I didn't like being forced to be her after doing a final smash..... she looks awesome in Smash 4 tho. :P

They simply revealed Charizard. -___- You think they announced Yoshi as a new character also? The main focus of the last trailer is clearly Geninja.

Yeah I'm waiting for Captain Falcon also. :( He's probably coming back tho. We saw his rival as a assist trophy. (forgot his name)

Yet, despite the different movesets, they are still Samus. Only Zero Suit being weaker and the Armored Samus being stronger.

Then why was Charizard revealed as "new" (well, based on this hype thread and GS article) just because Pokemon Trainer wasn't there?

Hmm did not notice Charizard claimed as new in this thread. My bad. Yeah he should be in Brawl returning characters.

Depends on the player tho. To some she's weaker and to other she's stronger. She's not Jigglypuff weak. XD That said, they definitely boost her in smash 4. She'll kick ass. 8)

Creative choice. He's listed for the same reason I listed ZSS and Shiek, being separated from their old form changes, I thought they could have used more attention than the group shots I did for the returning characters.

SexyJazzCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 SexyJazzCat
Member since 2013 • 2796 Posts

Dat Zero Suit Samus. AAA from me.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Hype is officially AAA.

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 inb4uall
Member since 2012 • 6564 Posts

thought this thread was missing something, now it's perfect.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@thedoafan: running after the ban?

Avatar image for princessgomez92
PrincessGomez92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

User Lists: 5

#116 PrincessGomez92
Member since 2013 • 5747 Posts

Ban this guy already.

93BlackHawk93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#117  Edited By 93BlackHawk93
Member since 2010 • 8611 Posts

You forgot to add the Rosalina trailer.

So, no Mewtwo? What about frigging Captain Falcon? And Zero Suit Samus, Sheik and Charizard separated? I'm afraid this will limit the roster more... :/

Still, I expect AAAE.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23
deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23
Member since 2012 • 3185 Posts

This thread title needs something like "The King is back!" in it.

93BlackHawk93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#119 93BlackHawk93
Member since 2010 • 8611 Posts

Anyone think they will cut the Mother and F-Zero series altogether?

m_machine024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 m_machine024
Member since 2006 • 15874 Posts

@darkspineslayer: Hmmm gotcha. :P

@Kaze_no_Mirai: Ya she's solid. My only complaint with her is when I want to play Samus, I want to play her during the whole match. :P I didn't like being forced to switch which made me not like her. haha

Demonjoe93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 107

#121 Demonjoe93
Member since 2009 • 9869 Posts

@93BlackHawk93 said:

Anyone think they will cut the Mother and F-Zero series altogether?

No. They didn't do it for Brawl, I can't see them cutting it this time.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts

Greninja or Charizard? Go.

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#123 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

@darkspineslayer said:

If I HAD to choose one, Greninja, since he looks like he is more fun to play. Though as a Sheik player I guess I have a thing ninja-like characters.

Characters I'm most interested in are Sheik, Zero Suit Samus, Rosalina, Megaman, and maybe Marth.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@darkspineslayer said:

You bumped this thread with just four words, eh? I was hoping you would make a new HYPE thread using your content here for SSB, but with some new lessons learned as well.

In my humble opinion, you should consider it. The problem is that poll is forcing that giant Opening Post that's being displayed on every page. That giant OP has a ton of pictures in page after page for as long as this thread continues.

Also, when the game is out, you can alter the title about if it's a flop, if it's not, what Game Informer, IGN, GS, or whatever you want daily. More fun for you, right? As it stands, using that poll disabled your title altering. Plus it makes visiting this thread a chore as every page you have to scroll to almost the middle just to see a new post due to the OP being attached to that poll. That's my advice.

If you are dead set on a poll, another idea is have the OP (Opening Post) only have a poll. Then place the second post as the post with all the gifs and pics. That way those pics and gifs are spammed into every page attached to the poll. Yes, the poll would be spammed on every page, but at least the users would be spared all the pics, gifs, and words from the OP in every page. It would be more user friendly is all. I know a lot about HYPE threads, I used to help coordinate them in SW over the years.

I appreciate the work you did, but GS revamped and some things you could do on your end could make things easier and help your thread get longer. I know some people may just avoid the thread if they notice the same post at the top of the page every time (assuming it's a giant quote chain). It puts the viewers in a scrolling state which is less fun.

Take a picture of the poll results if you want. To be honest, a manual count of users is better, more accurate, and provides transparency (even though it's more work).

Demonjoe93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By Demonjoe93

Good friend of mine just showed me this character roster:

This actually looks surprisingly real. Note that there are seven missing Brawl characters: Squirtle, Ivysaur (like many have expected since the direct), Ike Lucas, R.O.B. (this one actually surprises me if this is real), Snake (most of us already knew this one), and Wolf. One more to be noticed is there is an unannounced character in this roster between Falco and Marth. My friend tells me that it's Chrome from a recent Fire Emblem game.

I'm concerned about this photo because it kinda looks real, but it's hard to tell. Anyone else thinks it's real?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@Demonjoe93 said:

This actually looks surprisingly real. Note that there are seven missing Brawl characters: Squirtle, Ivysaur (like many have expected since the direct), Ike Lucas, R.O.B. (this one actually surprises me if this is real), Snake (most of us already knew this one), and Wolf. One more to be noticed is there is an unannounced character in this roster between Falco and Marth. My friend tells me that it's Chrome from a recent Fire Emblem game.

I'm concerned about this photo because it kinda looks real, but it's hard to tell. Anyone else thinks it's real?

It looks real, but I don't see any reason to be concerned that looks like a pretty neat roster overall (and there are 39 characters, so the cries of 'they are cutting the roster down!' were unfounded as well)

Demonjoe93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 Demonjoe93

@charizard1605 said:

@Demonjoe93 said:

It looks real, but I don't see any reason to be concerned that looks like a pretty neat roster overall (and there are 39 characters, so the cries of 'they are cutting the roster down!' were unfounded as well)

I wonder if Chrome is just a replacement for Ike. I really am surprised they cut R.O.B. though. He was really interesting and a decent character. Not at all sad to see Lucas or Wolf gone though.

At least know one needs to be concerned about Captain Falcon or Ness if this is real. A lot of have people have been worried that they were going to get cut, which I found unlikely, anyway.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@Demonjoe93 said:

@charizard1605 said:

@Demonjoe93 said:

I wonder if Chrome is just a replacement for Ike. I really am surprised they cut R.O.B. though. He was really interesting and a decent character. Not at all sad to see Lucas or Wolf gone though.

At least know one needs to be concerned about Captain Falcon or Ness if this is real. A lot of have people have been worried that they were going to get cut, which I found unlikely, anyway.

So GAF seems to think this image (which is a few weeks old) is fake- apparently Wario is taken from the DOJO, and Ganondorf is using Twilight Princess art.

Demonjoe93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By Demonjoe93

@charizard1605 said:

@Demonjoe93 said:

@charizard1605 said:

@Demonjoe93 said:

So GAF seems to think this image (which is a few weeks old) is fake- apparently Wario is taken from the DOJO, and Ganondorf is using Twilight Princess art.

Ah, well, if so, nice effort on the creator's part. Most fake Smash rosters are really obvious about it, but this one actually had me thinking it was real. The only thing that threw me off was Villager. He's using the same exact stance I see him use on the Internet all the time.

zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

User Lists: 2

#130  Edited By zassimick  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 10470 Posts

My vote is AAAAE for the Wii U version. AAAE for the 3DS version.

ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN!!!! SMASH BROS 4 LYFE!!!

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By ghostwarrior786
Member since 2005 • 5811 Posts

i dont understand the hype for super smash bros and mario kart.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@ghostwarrior786 said:

i dont understand the hype for super smash bros and mario kart.

Amazingly fun and addictive games with a mind boggling amount of content and fully realized single player, local multiplayer, and online multiplayer games, along with insane party like chaos atmosphere, coupled with a healthy sprinkling of nostalgia... what's not to like?