Super Smash Bros. for 3DS Cancelled

• 71 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by charizard1605 (54494 posts) -

Ahead of tonight's Nintendo Direct focused on the upcoming Super Smash Bros. game, some news has started to leak, and not all of it is good.

Apparently, the 3DS version of Super Smash Bros. 4, which was slated to originally release day and date with the Wii U version, has now been delayed indefinitely, while Nintendo puts all its resources to ensure that Smash 4 on Wii U releases before this year ends.

We'll have more news for you later today once the Smash Direct airs, so stay tuned.

Kotaku

What the fuck? No!!!!

#2 Posted by PhazonBlazer (11385 posts) -

Does anyone really care?

#3 Posted by inb4uall (5151 posts) -

Vita > 3DS. 3DS is doomed. The unsinkable ship is sinking.

#4 Posted by Locutus_Picard (3976 posts) -

Does anyone really care?

No. It's either put the thing out on a dying handheld or a dying console.

#5 Posted by charizard1605 (54494 posts) -

@PhazonBlazer said:

Does anyone really care?

When did they announce a Vita version of Smash Bros. 4?

#6 Posted by Animal-Mother (26231 posts) -

lololololololololol.

Poor nintendo.

#7 Posted by DarthBilf (1356 posts) -

@PhazonBlazer said:

Does anyone really care?

3DS? Dying?

#8 Posted by freedomfreak (38278 posts) -

Dark Souls 2.

#9 Edited by ermacness (7018 posts) -

Ahead of tonight's Nintendo Direct focused on the upcoming Super Smash Bros. game, some news has started to leak, and not all of it is good.

Apparently, the 3DS version of Super Smash Bros. 4, which was slated to originally release day and date with the Wii U version, has now been delayed indefinitely, while Nintendo puts all its resources to ensure that Smash 4 on Wii U releases before this year ends.

We'll have more news for you later today once the Smash Direct airs, so stay tuned.

Kotaku

What the fuck? No!!!!

Please tell me this isn't some late April Fools joke.

#10 Posted by Yangire (8787 posts) -

Lets act like a rumor is fact, that sounds like a good way to get comments!

#11 Posted by Capitan_Kid (6509 posts) -

We shall see

That seems like bullshit since Sakurai has shown updates of the 3DS version super recently. It seems like such a waste to cancel it. Then again it was going to cannibalize the WiiU version

#12 Posted by wolverine4262 (18811 posts) -

You so funnah, Char.

I wouldnt necessarily be surprised though. It coming for the 3DS is just another reason to not get a Wii U.

#13 Posted by Joedgabe (5090 posts) -

Attempt to drive up sales of the Wii U. Smart move.. a tempting reason to get the Wii U.. but honestly i'll definitely wait later years when the Wii U drops in price to get SSB. Sad, i would have bought it day one now i wont.

#14 Posted by PurpleMan5000 (6622 posts) -

I was never interested in the 3DS version anyway, but this is bad news for those who are, if it's true. If it is true, then hopefully the game is just being pushed back into 2015.

#15 Posted by Sword-Demon (6872 posts) -

Disappointing, but a smart move overall.

Making ssb exclusive will help the Wii U much more than releasing a nearly identical version on a more popular system.

People who want ssb now have no choice but to get a Wii U.

#16 Posted by MonsieurX (28762 posts) -

I'm not even mad

#17 Posted by Locutus_Picard (3976 posts) -

@Locutus_Picard said:

@PhazonBlazer said:

Does anyone really care?

After Nintendo going 3rd party.

#18 Edited by charizard1605 (54494 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

@Locutus_Picard said:

@PhazonBlazer said:

Does anyone really care?

Someone sounds salty

#19 Edited by darkspineslayer (19368 posts) -

ITT: A bunch of fools who don't see enough of charizard's terrible threads somehow.

#20 Posted by Locutus_Picard (3976 posts) -

@Locutus_Picard said:

@charizard1605 said:

@Locutus_Picard said:

@PhazonBlazer said:

Does anyone really care?

Someone sounds salty

Most devs stopped caring for 3ds, they got their sales and now are focusing on Vita, without gimping their games to run on 3ds hardware. Even MH4-localisation was delayed to fuck.

#21 Posted by mario-galaxys (596 posts) -

Can we have all Smash Bros. threads into one thread? And is this news confirmed by Nintendo?

#22 Posted by santoron (7466 posts) -

Delayed =\= cancelled. Come on now Char, IGN trolls less for hits.

If true sounds like they're fighting a slipping schedule, and made an adjustment that gives them their best shot to get a system selling type franchise onto their flagging console for the holidays. Smart move.

Smash brothers 3DS will be along eventually though. Nintendo ain't dumb.

#23 Edited by Kaze_no_Mirai (10893 posts) -

@Locutus_Picard: MH4U was not delayed. As far as I know it's not even had a release date, I don't even think 4U is out in Japan yet. So in no way delayed. Also what focus from devs are you talking about for Vita? Some good games are coming out for both handhelds but they're both pretty barren this year.

#24 Posted by silversix_ (13661 posts) -

Good news from Nintendo. Waiting for X to be delayed for next Nintendo console for 2018

#25 Posted by Kaze_no_Mirai (10893 posts) -

Can we have all Smash Bros. threads into one thread? And is this news confirmed by Nintendo?

Its fake.. just trollin' before the Direct.

#26 Posted by DJ-Lafleur (34085 posts) -

I was going to get the Wii U version first anyways so this wouldn't really be a big deal for me. It would suck for those who were expecting to get the 3DS version though if this is true. Seems hard to believe though after all the screenshots Sakurai showed for the 3DS version recently.

#27 Edited by charizard1605 (54494 posts) -

This thread should be a case study.

#28 Posted by Heil68 (42710 posts) -

Does anyone really care?

Yea, least it can be an exclusive now, sheep should be happy.

#29 Posted by Desmonic (12769 posts) -

#30 Posted by Kaze_no_Mirai (10893 posts) -

@Heil68: I'm not going to argue the "exclusive" card here, but they're both somewhat different. It's not a direct port/mutiplat. As far as I know each game has different stages. I know there are other differences but I can't remember right now. I'd rather have it available on both platforms than play that ridiculous "exclusives" game.

#31 Posted by DJ-Lafleur (34085 posts) -

I have been lied to. I have been deceived...

#32 Edited by PrincessGomez92 (3245 posts) -

Shitty troll thread.

#33 Edited by Xaero_Gravity (8681 posts) -

Do you people even click links? Especially when it comes to Charizard. He's the new ShadowMoses when it comes to being a pathological liar.

#34 Posted by Gue1 (9172 posts) -

now the Wii U version doesn't have to be gimped. This is good news....

#35 Posted by cainetao11 (15952 posts) -

@Locutus_Picard said:

@PhazonBlazer said:

Does anyone really care?

LOL nice. Wouldn't it make sense to get the game on your platform with the larger install base? This makes no sense. As a 3DS owner it sucks.

#36 Posted by charizard1605 (54494 posts) -

Do you people even click links? Especially when it comes to Charizard. He's the new ShadowMoses when it comes to being a pathological liar.

This thread should be a case study.

#37 Posted by Blabadon (25265 posts) -

So hyped for the 3DS version.

#38 Edited by cainetao11 (15952 posts) -

@Heil68: I'm not going to argue the "exclusive" card here, but they're both somewhat different. It's not a direct port/mutiplat. As far as I know each game has different stages. I know there are other differences but I can't remember right now. I'd rather have it available on both platforms than play that ridiculous "exclusives" game.

Agreed. Also Nintendo has a chance to make more off of the 3DS version. "Exclusive" isn't defined the way it is in SW in the business world. Believing they are wrong isn't stopping them.

#39 Edited by Gue1 (9172 posts) -

@Kaze_no_Mirai said:

if they are different games with different stages then what's the point of releasing both at the same time? I thought they were gonna pull off a Sony Battle Royale here with cross online play and stuff. I mean, it'd be more logical to make one first and then the other if it's like you say but if not then it makes no sense.

#40 Edited by Demonjoe93 (9443 posts) -

Ah, Charizard, you sly dog, you.

Of course, I didn't even have to click on the link to know this was BS. Isn't Kotaku one of the Web sites people around here don't trust?

#41 Edited by bbkkristian (14771 posts) -

Well, Chaz fooled all the cows.

#42 Posted by whiskeystrike (12068 posts) -

Episode 5: Pramath Strikes Back

#43 Posted by whiskeystrike (12068 posts) -

@Blabadon said:

So hyped for the 3DS version.

Didn't you read the link? Dark Souls II for the 3DS has been cancelled.

#44 Posted by DJ-Lafleur (34085 posts) -

Of course, I didn't even have to click on the link to know this was BS. Isn't Kotaku one of the Web sites people around here don't trust?

The link doesn't even have to do with Smash Bros.

#45 Edited by Blabadon (25265 posts) -
#46 Posted by charizard1605 (54494 posts) -

Wait, the link still works? LOOOOOOOOL

#47 Edited by fueled-system (6229 posts) -

Surprised people still fall for your threads...

#48 Posted by Demonjoe93 (9443 posts) -

@Demonjoe93 said:

The link doesn't even have to do with Smash Bros.

Yeah, I saw that too shortly after. It's a Dark Souls article, lol.

#49 Posted by charizard1605 (54494 posts) -

Surprised people still fall for your threads...

No one more so than I, sir.

#50 Edited by bobbetybob (19088 posts) -

8 =/= 1