Super Smash Bros Brawl will get 7.5 at best

This topic is locked from further discussion.

deathtomonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 deathtomonkey
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
Despite the fact that Super Smash Bros Brawl is full of features, the Wii-specific controls seem to be implemented crappily that this game will be guaranteed an A at best, AA if it is lucky. Face it: SSBB is more of a large fan service than a legitimate game. Think about it, would anyone actually buy SSBB if there weren't any Nintendo characters or cameos from third parties?
Mr_Apple_Soup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 Mr_Apple_Soup
Member since 2006 • 3580 Posts

its got gamecube compatablity

expect AA with a comment like "we've done this before"

Avatar image for comstrikeiscool
comstrikeiscool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 comstrikeiscool
Member since 2004 • 3616 Posts

Despite the fact that Super Smash Bros Brawl is full of features, the Wii-specific controls seem to be implemented crappily that this game will be guaranteed an A at best, AA if it is lucky. Face it: SSBB is more of a large fan service than a legitimate game. Think about it, would anyone actually buy SSBB if there weren't any Nintendo characters or cameos from third parties?deathtomonkey

Um..the controls can be customized any way you want.

Mr_Apple_Soup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Mr_Apple_Soup

Despite the fact that Super Smash Bros Brawl is full of features, the Wii-specific controls seem to be implemented crappily that this game will be guaranteed an A at best, AA if it is lucky. Face it: SSBB is more of a large fan service than a legitimate game. Think about it, would anyone actually buy SSBB if there weren't any Nintendo characters or cameos from third parties?deathtomonkey

:shock:

REforever101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 REforever101
Member since 2005 • 11223 Posts
if the game didnt feature vg characters beating the crap out of each other, i probably wouldn't be excited. im sure the game would be just as crazy fun, but most people probably wouldnt have discovered it
Avatar image for deactivated-645e897010df8
deactivated-645e897010df8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 deactivated-645e897010df8
Member since 2006 • 2491 Posts
If it will get 7.5 at best, why make a thread about it?
Mr_Apple_Soup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Mr_Apple_Soup
welcome to my sig
m_machine024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 m_machine024
Member since 2006 • 15874 Posts
It will get AA for the addictive gameplay alone.
Saturos3091

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 Saturos3091
Member since 2005 • 14937 Posts

Despite the fact you are level 1 with 12 posts, it seems to make me disregard your analysm. The Wii-specific controls are alright so far from what I've seen, and the game can be played with a GCN controller. The game is fun, and I'm sure people would still play it if there weren't any other cameos or Nintendo characters. Gamespot will probably give the game lower than it deserves though...
cyborgjak427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 cyborgjak427
Member since 2006 • 14046 Posts
There are so many things wrong with that post, I would get tired of listing them in a post:|.
yoshi-lnex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 yoshi-lnex
Member since 2007 • 5442 Posts
I'd play it no matter who was in it, it's a very good fighter.
Erkidu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#12 Erkidu
Member since 2007 • 2744 Posts
That question is irrelevant - as that is the game's PREMISE. :roll: Wise up.
Avatar image for ItalStallion777
ItalStallion777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ItalStallion777
Member since 2005 • 1953 Posts
i think it could get anywhere from 8.0-9.0
Tylendal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Tylendal
Member since 2006 • 14681 Posts

[QUOTE="deathtomonkey"]Despite the fact that Super Smash Bros Brawl is full of features, the Wii-specific controls seem to be implemented crappily that this game will be guaranteed an A at best, AA if it is lucky. Face it: SSBB is more of a large fan service than a legitimate game. Think about it, would anyone actually buy SSBB if there weren't any Nintendo characters or cameos from third parties?Saturos3091

Despite the fact you are level 1 with 12 posts, it seems to make me disregard your analysm. The Wii-specific controls are alright so far from what I've seen, and the game can be played with a GCN controller. The game is fun, and I'm sure people would still play it if there weren't any other cameos or Nintendo characters. Gamespot will probably give the game lower than it deserves though...

The game can be played with VC controller, GC controller, Wii-mote, and Wii-mote/Nunchuk. And the controls are completely customizable.

Avatar image for SmashBrosLegend
SmashBrosLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 SmashBrosLegend
Member since 2006 • 11344 Posts
Melee scored 8.9.

Brawl has online play, Subspace Emissary, multiple customizable options, an amazing soundtrack, and some of the best graphics we've seen on WIi so far. This game will score 8.5 at the worst.
coolviper2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 coolviper2003
Member since 2003 • 1915 Posts
You played it with Wii controls? Did you forget you can use a Gamecube control? SSBB Melee is a great and deep fighter if you'd take the time to learn....You fail, sorry :| The worst I see this game scoring is a 8.5, though I wouldn't be surprised if it got a 9.0
majadamus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#17 majadamus
Member since 2003 • 10292 Posts

I agree wholeheartedly with this, and I'm a sheep. Also, you shouldn't be so scared that you had to make an alternate account. It's thefreakin internet.

frankeyser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#18 frankeyser
Member since 2004 • 5667 Posts

no one would play mortal combat without the gore. no one would play sould caliber without the swords, no one would play tekken without the button mashing, no on would play virtual fighter without the super sensative controls. take away the best thing of any fighter and no one would play it what is the point in stating that?

it can be done for other games.

take away the cars and no one would play grand turismo, take away the bullets and no one would play grand theft auto, take away your computer and we would not have to read your posts anymore.

matt2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 matt2012
Member since 2007 • 373 Posts
I'm not a Nintendo fanboy or anything but I think it would be really hard for Nintendo to screw up enough to let SSBB get less than an 8. I can see it getting anywhere from an 8 to a 9.5.
Sonick54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Sonick54
Member since 2005 • 7947 Posts

Good if it gets a 7.5 LOLS will then ensue from the sheep :)

Erkidu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Erkidu
I'm not a Nintendo fanboy or anything but I think it would be really hard for Nintendo to screw up enough to let SSBB get less than an 8. I can see it getting anywhere from an 8 to a 9.5.matt2012
Agreed. Nintendo is packing a TON of extras in with the classic Smash Bros. chaos. I couldn't imagine seeing it get lower than an 8.
Mr_Apple_Soup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Mr_Apple_Soup

[QUOTE="deathtomonkey"]Despite the fact that Super Smash Bros Brawl is full of features, the Wii-specific controls seem to be implemented crappily that this game will be guaranteed an A at best, AA if it is lucky. Face it: SSBB is more of a large fan service than a legitimate game. Think about it, would anyone actually buy SSBB if there weren't any Nintendo characters or cameos from third parties?majadamus

I agree wholeheartedly with this, and I'm a sheep. Also, you shouldn't be so scared that you had to make an alternate account. It's thefreakin internet.

how can u agree? re read this quote with the bolds i give u

Sonick54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Sonick54

[QUOTE="matt2012"]I'm not a Nintendo fanboy or anything but I think it would be really hard for Nintendo to screw up enough to let SSBB get less than an 8. I can see it getting anywhere from an 8 to a 9.5.Erkidu
Agreed. Nintendo is packing a TON of extras in with the classic Smash Bros. chaos. I couldn't imagine seeing it get lower than an 8.

*sigh*

A ton of extras/=/automatic AA

Have you guys not learned after TP :(

Erkidu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Erkidu

[QUOTE="Erkidu"][QUOTE="matt2012"]I'm not a Nintendo fanboy or anything but I think it would be really hard for Nintendo to screw up enough to let SSBB get less than an 8. I can see it getting anywhere from an 8 to a 9.5.Sonick54

*sigh*

There was nothing "extra" about TP. It scored AA because it was the exact same formula we've seen in every 3D Zelda title since OoT. Furthermore, Melee scored an 8.9 - without online battles/co-op or an expansive single player (or co-op) campaign mode. Not to mention, we're getting much better visuals, an enormous amount of characters, items, levels, game modes and content in general - IN ADDITION to the Smash Bros. madness that millions have come to love, including myself. Wise up.
zombie765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 zombie765
Member since 2005 • 50 Posts
ughhhhh do you really think Nintendo would spend this much time and delay a highly anticipated game so it could get a 7.5? Would Hideo Kojima ask for Solid Snake to be put in a 7.5 game?
Kratos_OMEGA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Kratos_OMEGA
Member since 2007 • 2872 Posts
SSBB is one of those games almost guaranteed to get AA. AAA is unlikely for it but it depends on online.
Sonick54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Sonick54
[QUOTE="Sonick54"]

[QUOTE="Erkidu"][QUOTE="matt2012"]I'm not a Nintendo fanboy or anything but I think it would be really hard for Nintendo to screw up enough to let SSBB get less than an 8. I can see it getting anywhere from an 8 to a 9.5.Erkidu

*sigh*

There was nothing "extra" about TP. It scored AA because it was the exact same formula we've seen in every 3D Zelda title since OoT. Furthermore, Melee scored an 8.9 - without online battles/co-op or an expansive single player (or co-op) campaign mode. Not to mention, we're getting much better visuals, an enormous amount of characters, items, levels, game modes and content in general - IN ADDITION to the Smash Bros. madness that millions have come to love, including myself. Wise up.

Melee came out what? 4 maybe 5 years ago? Standards may have changed for GS?

Other than online, brawl doesn't seem to do anything that revolutionizes the series.

Not that that's a bad thing.

KeeperofDingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 KeeperofDingo
Member since 2006 • 565 Posts
Uhhh, if Smash Bros didn't feature Nintendo characters, it wouldn't exist since the whole basis of the game is Nintendo characters fighting. Now we get some extra third-party characters which will make it even better.
mdisen2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 mdisen2
Member since 2005 • 1133 Posts
This game has little chance of getting less than a 9.0. There is just good much there, and tons of updates between now and it going gold. This will be a fantastic game.
Erkidu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Erkidu
[QUOTE="Erkidu"][QUOTE="Sonick54"]

[QUOTE="Erkidu"][QUOTE="matt2012"]I'm not a Nintendo fanboy or anything but I think it would be really hard for Nintendo to screw up enough to let SSBB get less than an 8. I can see it getting anywhere from an 8 to a 9.5.Sonick54

*sigh*

Other than online, brawl doesn't seem to do anything that revolutionizes the series.

Halo 3 didn't do anything to "revolutionize" the series, and it still earned a 9.5. :| And I absolutely love Halo.
JPOBS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 JPOBS
Member since 2007 • 9675 Posts

Sonick54

i almost want it to get 7.5

Partly because i know the game will be much better than any score could justify (because it is simply impossible to review a game like brawl based on only a few hours play and expect to know the ins and outs enough to review it efficeintly)

and partly because i want to see the carnage.

brawl couldnt be properly reviewed until like 2010 imo.

Juice_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Juice_24
Member since 2007 • 851 Posts

Uhhh, if Smash Bros didn't feature Nintendo characters, it wouldn't exist since the whole basis of the game is Nintendo characters fighting. Now we get some extra third-party characters which will make it even better.KeeperofDingo

John Coffe mario doesnt agree!

Sonick54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Sonick54
[QUOTE="Sonick54"]

JPOBS

i almost want it to get 7.5

Partly because i know the game will be much better than any score could justify (because it is simply impossible to review a game like brawl based on only a few hours play and expect to know the ins and outs enough to review it efficeintly)

and partly because i want to see the carnage.

brawl couldnt be properly reviewed until like 2010 imo.

Same here. The DC would be amazing. Not as amazing as TP though XD

Juice_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Juice_24
Member since 2007 • 851 Posts

lol

DementedDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 DementedDragon
Member since 2003 • 5095 Posts

"crappily?"

What in god's name are those english teachers doing?

ho0p3r4life42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 ho0p3r4life42
Member since 2005 • 260 Posts
LAWL
Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts

No....cows...stop trying to divert attention away from the floppage of Ratchet and Clank.

The sheer amount of replayability and features that are going into this game is enough to boost it to 8.0 at the very least.

Tylendal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Tylendal
Member since 2006 • 14681 Posts

*sigh*

Epic story driven SP?

Sonick54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Sonick54
[QUOTE="Sonick54"][QUOTE="Erkidu"][QUOTE="Sonick54"]

[QUOTE="Erkidu"][QUOTE="matt2012"]I'm not a Nintendo fanboy or anything but I think it would be really hard for Nintendo to screw up enough to let SSBB get less than an 8. I can see it getting anywhere from an 8 to a 9.5.Tylendal

*sigh*

Epic story driven SP?

The single player looks awesome. But the story? Come on....

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts

*sigh*

andI point to Halo 3 >_>

Whats your explanation for that. Did that revolutionize the series *let alone the genre*.

Sonick54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Sonick54
[QUOTE="Sonick54"][QUOTE="Erkidu"][QUOTE="Sonick54"]

[QUOTE="Erkidu"][QUOTE="matt2012"]I'm not a Nintendo fanboy or anything but I think it would be really hard for Nintendo to screw up enough to let SSBB get less than an 8. I can see it getting anywhere from an 8 to a 9.5.Shinobishyguy

*sigh*

andI point to Halo 3 >_>

Whats your explanation for that. Did that revolutionize the series *let alone the genre*.

No, but it was still apparently amazing

I'm not saying brawl can't get AA. Just warning the sheep because they're using the almost same logic they used to hype TP ^_^

omarguy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 omarguy01
Member since 2004 • 8139 Posts
i wouldnt be surprised if this AAAA game got A from GS :/
Avatar image for llidianStormage
llidianStormage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 llidianStormage
Member since 2007 • 269 Posts

its got gamecube compatablity

expect AA with a comment like "we've done this before"

Mr_Apple_Soup

true "we done this befor" funny how many times can these guys reload a gun and kill the same lame aliens but when its comes down to a game like this or zelda its been done

Hat_Damage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#45 Hat_Damage
Member since 2007 • 1004 Posts

The Wii specific controls really havent been showcased yet, other than the wiimote on its side control scheme, if all wii specific controls fail, there is always the classic controller and the highly superior gamecube controller

Well i dont think Super Smash Bros. would be in a game in that case, thats like asking if anyone would actually buy Halo if it had no guns.

Avatar image for blazinpuertoroc
blazinpuertoroc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 blazinpuertoroc
Member since 2004 • 12245 Posts
its gamespot...it could get anything
metroidfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 metroidfood
Member since 2007 • 11175 Posts

Sonick54

+More customization (special brawls/controls/stickers/trophies)

+Screenshots and Replay (with WiiConnect24)

+Complete sidescrolling platforming SP with Co-op

Plus an amazing amount of new characters, moves, levels, items and music that'll make your head spin. All wrapped up in the classic Smash Bros formula upgraded to fit the Wii.

That's hardly a small amount of new content, considering that all of it still isn't revealed and Halo 3 got a 9.5 with less.

jfjfjfjfjf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 jfjfjfjfjf
Member since 2005 • 706 Posts
[QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"][QUOTE="Sonick54"][QUOTE="Erkidu"][QUOTE="Sonick54"]

*sigh*

andI point to Halo 3 >_>

No, but it was still apparently amazing

I'm not saying brawl can't get AA. Just warning the sheep because they're using the almost same logic they used to hype TP ^_^

Can't is kind of a strong word man.