Super Mario Kart 8 Push White Privilege(RACIST)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by FreedomFreeLife (2534 posts) -

http://dailycaller.com/2014/05/16/its-a-me-racist-does-super-mario-kart-8-push-white-privilege/

First, Nintendo says that same-sex friendship is stupid and should be banned. Now we find out that Nintendo don´t want any black people too.

After 30 years there are still zero Mario characters of color, a problem that Mario Kart 8 highlights by lining up all the characters on a single screen. When it comes to human characters, Mario Kart 8 is overwhelmingly white. Of the 29 drivers, 14 are human (including Toad and Toadette), and every single one of them is white. While it’d be atypical of Nintendo to introduce new characters into a Mario Kart game, it’s also where the deficit is the most obvious, and during play I found myself disappointed that Nintendo’s stable of characters so painfully fails to reflect the diversity of its audience.

A Daily Caller review found significant faults with Malone’s analysis.

Though Malone counts Toad and Toadette as human characters, they technically belong to an entirely different species: the Mushroom People, Mushroom Retainers or Toads, according to the Mario Wiki.

Discounting Toad and Toadette, there are indeed 12 white playable human characters. However, several are doubles of each other. For instance, Mario, Luigi, Princess Peach and Princess Daisy are all also playable in “baby” form. Since each of these characters is white, their doubles are also white.

Even so, both Mario and Peach are playable as metallic versions of themselves. Metal Mario and Pink Gold Peach should hardly be considered “white” characters.

Two other characters, Wario and Waluigi, are simply evil alternate versions of Mario and Luigi. Since the famed plumber brothers are ethnically Italian, so too are Wario and Waluigi.

Malone’s analysis also glosses over the significant number of “green” minority characters: the reptilian King Bowser Koopa and his seven children.

The game also includes Yoshi, a dinosaur; Lakitu, a cloud-riding lizard; Donkey Kong, an ape; and Shy Guy, a masked character of unknown race, color and gender.

And while at their core, the few unique human characters are indeed white, they are ethnically distinct. Mario and Luigi are Italian and from New York, whereas Peach is a natural-born citizen of the Mushroom Kingdom. And the cast is quite gender diverse, featuring at least five distinct female characters.

Malone could not immediately be reached for comment.

Nintendo is so racist. NO WONDER WHY WII U IS FLOP. NINTENDO SAID THAT THEY DONT WANT ANY ONLINE, THEY DONT WANT ANY SAME-SEX FRIENDSHIP OR ANY BLACK PEOPLE. DIE IN HELL NINTENDO!!!

#2 Edited by Sollet (7395 posts) -

This is so stupid.

#3 Edited by jake44 (2021 posts) -

please stop

#4 Posted by thehig1 (2313 posts) -

Not including a token black guy is not raciest

#5 Edited by B4X (5260 posts) -

Oh the humanity! Is this necessary?

#6 Posted by Krelian-co (11216 posts) -

Seriously who gives a flying fuk tired of mandatory black and gay person in everything to not be considered discriminatory.

#7 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (7428 posts) -

THIS IS AN OUTRAGE!!!!!!

#8 Posted by CrownKingArthur (4895 posts) -

the wii u's graphics processor is restricted to a limited use of the color pallet or something i suppose.

also i want to commend you on a great thread, i have already accepted that you are seriously, a much better poster than i am. kudos.

#9 Posted by B4X (5260 posts) -

@Krelian-co said:

Seriously who gives a flying fuk tired of mandatory black and gay person in everything to not be considered discriminatory.

You forgot dwarf and asian!! How dare you!

#10 Posted by 93BlackHawk93 (5648 posts) -

Is FreedomFreeLife a true ignorant and liar, or just a bad troll?

#11 Edited by FreedomFreeLife (2534 posts) -

@93BlackHawk93 said:

Dude, watch a link. Thats a fact, even Nintendo said that out. STOP IGNORING FACTS

#13 Posted by Catoblefaux (7 posts) -

Also, there's no asian characters! Damn you nintendo for being racist against asians!

#14 Edited by stizzal13 (602 posts) -

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@93BlackHawk93 said:

Dude, watch a link. Thats a fact, even Nintendo said that out. STOP IGNORING FACTS

He is right BlackHawk. Stop ignoring the facts. He is definitely a bad troll.

-

On topic, anti-racist efforts should be focused elsewhere. There is little to accomplish here.

#15 Edited by R4gn4r0k (16677 posts) -

Isn't complaining that there are too much white people in the game racist itself ?

#16 Posted by lamprey263 (24232 posts) -

well, playing devil's advocate, Italians used to be considered black in US by the gatekeepers of whitedom, as were Southern and Eastern Europeans, they were counted as black in census, it wasn't until whites were in threat of being ganged up on by those they considered black that the white identity decided to be a little more inclusive and draft some lesser whites

anyhow, this could make for an interesting sketch in Pete Holmes "Realistic Mario" videos...

#17 Posted by kuu2 (7373 posts) -

White privilege is another word for greed, discontentment, and theft of things that don't belong to you. Any phrase dreamed up but bubble headed academics is one to be very skeptical of.

#18 Posted by helwa1988 (2105 posts) -

In my 26 years of being black, they thought "oh how I wish there was a black toad" never crossed my mind. It is just stupid. Having a token is more insulting to me.

STFU and just enjoy the game.

#19 Edited by NFJSupreme (5379 posts) -

This has nothing to do with white privilege which is a real thing but a whole different issue. Anyway not including a token black guy does not mean they are racist.

#20 Edited by KungfuKitten (21142 posts) -

This thread is a duplicate and the last few were stamped into the ground.

#21 Posted by Midnightshade29 (5347 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k said:

Isn't complaining that there are too much white people in the game racist itself ?

Pretty much.... The irony...

#22 Edited by mbrockway (3493 posts) -

Italians aren't white. You wanna see white people, go to Spain. This whole thing is stupid. This crap is what you get when a racist party wins the white house and runs the country into the ground.

#23 Edited by Suppaman100 (3947 posts) -

@mbrockway said:

Italians aren't white. You wanna see white people, go to Spain. This whole thing is stupid. This crap is what you get when a racist party wins the white house and runs the country into the ground.

#24 Posted by Draign (803 posts) -

@mbrockway said:

Yet you are still able to have fun, wasting time, playing multiple video games. STFU.

#25 Edited by LegatoSkyheart (25615 posts) -

Remember Me?

#26 Edited by General_Solo76 (242 posts) -

Get over it!

#27 Edited by DraugenCP (8477 posts) -

Are you trying to shoehorn your pseudo-scientific gender studies drop-out lingo into Mario Kart?

If so, stop trying to shoehorn your pseudo-scientific gender studies drop-out lingo into Mario Kart.

#28 Edited by Stevo_the_gamer (42980 posts) -

Seriously?

#29 Posted by lostrib (37786 posts) -

Oh God, please no SJW crap

#30 Edited by D4RKL1NG (236 posts) -

"SUPER Mario Kart" Smh

FreedomFreeLife should be banned for making us all a little dumber each day.

#31 Posted by Heil68 (45224 posts) -

We demand action!!!!

#32 Posted by nintendoboy16 (26921 posts) -

@D4RKL1NG said:

"SUPER Mario Kart" Smh

The Daily Caller is at fault for that too.

#33 Posted by D4RKL1NG (236 posts) -

@nintendoboy16 said:

@D4RKL1NG said:

"SUPER Mario Kart" Smh

The Daily Caller is at fault for that too.

So they and freedomfromfacts are a perfect fit for each other. Just keep it away from us please

#34 Posted by WitIsWisdom (3804 posts) -

Mario... racist? lol... god, what next. When I see things like this I can't help but feel the only racism is from the people who post such material.

I can name a few things that only have a certain race/color of people in them... does that make them racist? I am about as sick and tired of hearing of this shit as I am feminism... they are BOTH just a cry for attention.

If a person truly does NOT care about race then nothing in anything would bother them.

Family Matters and the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air are shows I enjoy watching sometimes, so am I a racist to watch Gilligan's Island? Or do I watch the first two out of pity? Give me a break....

I also enjoy Chinese kung fu type movies.... man we could have a field day with that huh? Speaking of which... how many Mario characters are Asian, Latino, Islander, Middle Eastern?

Why should it matter? This thread needs locked... period.

#35 Edited by Joedgabe (5127 posts) -

People of color don't really care about this you know that right ? at least they shouldn't, it's stupid. It's a goofy kart racer why the hell does anyone care about race?

Imagine white people start complaining that there is no white person in the Simpsons they're yellow or black.

#36 Edited by LJS9502_basic (151504 posts) -

Note to self.....do not read FreedomFreeLife threads.....they suck.

#37 Edited by mario-galaxys (614 posts) -

Was there a similar thread on this subject? And also, what does this has to do with System Wars?

#38 Posted by GoldenElementXL (3304 posts) -

Just make an African American, Hispanic, Asian, LBGT, etc Mii and problem solved.

#39 Edited by nintendoboy16 (26921 posts) -

@D4RKL1NG said:

So they and freedomfromfacts are a perfect fit for each other. Just keep it away from us please

Oh, I agree.

#41 Posted by foxhound_fox (88776 posts) -

I'm amazed that this is even becoming a thing. Way to take childhood whimsy and turn it into a pile of serious shit.

#42 Edited by The-Apostle (12190 posts) -

TC has too much time on his hands... >_>

#43 Posted by PonchoTaco (2175 posts) -

Play as your black Mii. (Can you play as Miis?)

#44 Edited by The-Apostle (12190 posts) -

TC has too much time on his hands... >_>

@lamprey263 said:

well, playing devil's advocate, Italians used to be considered black in US by the gatekeepers of whitedom, as were Southern and Eastern Europeans, they were counted as black in census, it wasn't until whites were in threat of being ganged up on by those they considered black that the white identity decided to be a little more inclusive and draft some lesser whites

anyhow, this could make for an interesting sketch in Pete Holmes "Realistic Mario" videos...

This was awesome... :D

#45 Edited by Bigboi500 (30098 posts) -

Prioritize your life.

#46 Posted by Shinobishyguy (22489 posts) -

Morton koopa jr. Is black.

He sounds like Fat Albert