Super Mario 3D World IGN leaked review- 9.6/10

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by drummerdave9099 (676 posts) -

http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/ign-super-mario-3d-world-review-leaked.453518563/

The review was put up and then quickly taken down, will come back out again with the embargo on Nov 19th.

Looks like WiiU finally has its killer app and a legitimate GOTY contender, can't wait to play this game.

#2 Posted by KBFloYd (13411 posts) -

yea.... i heard about this..

but gamespot score is what matters here.

reviews will come out on the 19th i hear.

#3 Edited by charizard1605 (56818 posts) -

So late.

Anyway, embargo ends 9am PT on November 19, so we'll know for sure then.

#4 Posted by PCgameruk (1425 posts) -

Shame its on Wii U

#5 Edited by turtlethetaffer (16709 posts) -

They tend to rate things too highly.

#6 Posted by TREAL_Since (11946 posts) -

Game looks really freaking fun. But I won't feel OK in buying a Wii U until Zelda or X. I like the Wii U a lot, so I'm looking forward to that.

#7 Edited by Chrome- (1662 posts) -

Yeah looks like it's gonna be Galaxy tier good, this game will pretty much single handedly destroy the entire PS4 lineup.

#8 Edited by AznbkdX (3134 posts) -

I'm expecting a few people still holding the past opinion of wanting another Galaxy like game to hinder this game score and review wise.

#9 Posted by PurpleMan5000 (7125 posts) -

@AznbkdX said:

I'm expecting a few people still holding the past opinion of wanting another Galaxy like game to hinder this game score and review wise.

I think this game is going to end up being good enough that people will be disappointed when Galaxy 3 is announced.

#10 Edited by PhazonBlazer (11696 posts) -

Another Mario rehash..................lol

#11 Edited by AznbkdX (3134 posts) -

@PurpleMan5000: Maybe. Just maybe. I'm still expecting a few reviewer complaints from some who just won't accept this game as much as we do. I'm guessing they will still score and critique decently but I won't be surprised if they take the Galaxies into account slightly. It's kind of a given though imo.

#12 Posted by PurpleMan5000 (7125 posts) -

I just hope that the game is built around a solid singleplayer experience and the multiplayer is tacked on as a fun thing to do when friends are over. Knowing Nintendo, this will probably be the case, but the game potentially not being as fun without friends is really the only thing that has me worried, given the lack of online play.

#13 Posted by lamprey263 (23477 posts) -

greatness takes a back seat

#14 Edited by AznbkdX (3134 posts) -

@PurpleMan5000: Actually from what I've seen, it looks like it is catered more toward single than anything else. The sweet spot for multiplayer looks like its around 2 or so players before things start to get messy imo. Of course the more coordinated you are, the better you can probably do with more lol.

#15 Posted by ocidax (761 posts) -
#16 Posted by magicalclick (22544 posts) -

That's awesome. I don't have WiiU, but, this game is exceptionally temping.

#17 Posted by turtlethetaffer (16709 posts) -
#18 Edited by layton2012 (3653 posts) -

Not shocked, IGN has been praising every chance they get. Looking forward to it, forget the One, I'm getting Mario.

#19 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16427 posts) -

Not surprised, this game looks like pure awesomeness.

They tend to rate things too highly.

Normally I'd agree, but this game has been getting praise in previews from every single game site.

#20 Posted by turtlethetaffer (16709 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k: It has? Cool. I'm just mentioning that sometimes their high reviews can't be trusted. I mean, they gave Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 a 9.6 or something.

#21 Posted by Jipset (2409 posts) -

The first trailer was awful, but recently I've been very pumped for this game. Good to see that IGN gave it a high score.

#22 Edited by hotdiddykong (2048 posts) -

The game has been really thrown off too easily

People just assume its a bigger 3D Land but thats not the case, far from it, the game has suprised a lot of people who doubted it and supposedly it had brought a lot of creativity spawning homages to past games and just improving in itself.

Cant wait for it

#23 Posted by Sollet (7360 posts) -

I think it'll end up 9.0 here :)

#24 Posted by trugs26 (5384 posts) -

Yeah. I downloaded the video review. So it seems like it got a 9.6 unless they do last minute changes. It was reviewed by Jose Otero. Can't wait to get this game. And Zelda. I can't believe two high quality games are coming out on the same day. Gonna be hard to choose which I play first: Zelda or Mario.

#25 Posted by hotdiddykong (2048 posts) -

@Jipset:

Thats the general censuses.

The first trailer back at E3 was incredibly underwhelming, the new trailer shown the October direct however was much better and was much more better recieved, most likely cause it focused on its gameplay, design and single player

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLOKVABfrzw

and just in general the game has been showing a lot of great new things and interesting mechanics, one of the things i especially cant wait for is that top style shooter style stage utilizing Boomerang Mario(which 3D Land didnt do, looks really fun.

#26 Posted by chocolate1325 (32490 posts) -

Mario needs to get back on top form I think we need to wait for a few reviews to see.

#27 Posted by ihsanqueen (866 posts) -

I'm not surprised tough, judging from the video preview I already knew this game gonna be good

#28 Posted by PAL360 (26822 posts) -

This game looks so good.

#29 Edited by Big_Pecks (5266 posts) -

@PurpleMan5000 said:

@AznbkdX said:

I think this game is going to end up being good enough that people will be disappointed when Galaxy 3 is announced.

I can't imagine that. But it's good to know Mario hasn't peaked.

#30 Posted by trugs26 (5384 posts) -

Given the new integer scale by Gamespot, my guess is it'll get a 9 here.

#31 Edited by Samus3D (1675 posts) -

This gem> PS4 launch lineup

#32 Posted by ankor77 (956 posts) -

Cant wait. Im just annoyed 2 great Nintendo games that Im getting are coming out on same day as my xbox1....Luckily I took off all of thanksgiving week....

#33 Posted by hotdiddykong (2048 posts) -

@turtlethetaffer: thats becauze Audrey reviewed it, she was new to the review scene, which is why she rate it high, different people have different opinions. for example Tom Mcshea electric boogaloo of infamous reviews. everyone thought him not rating LBW is why it got a 9, but the. he himself loved it for not holding your hand and is hard.g

#34 Posted by Pffrbt (6553 posts) -

Looks like WiiU finally has its killer app and a legitimate GOTY contender

It already did with The Wonderful 101.

#35 Posted by Samus3D (1675 posts) -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5AV1vUhT1c

Here's the soundtrack preview.

#36 Edited by SuperCowElitist (730 posts) -

No thanks. I'll stick with Knack.