Sunset Overdrive is sub-1080p resolution confirmed

#101 Edited by misterpmedia (3362 posts) -

@misterpmedia said:

@sts106mat said:

If you think i am coming across as trying to be superior, just because i am probably older than you then lol. yes this is the internet, it doesn't mean you shouldn't speak the truth ;-)

You've made two posts about how 'you're older' to make the argument that you're therefore superior in some sort of weird narrative. Deflecting it now only makes you look silly. Additionally telling me about your long experience with the internet so therefore you must know more apparently. Who cares? Who asked you to type this BS? No-one. If it's making you feel better, by all means carry on.

circular argument FTW eh? what's next a gif?

If it's circular then you've adding nothing on your part about denying what I've typed and that's disappointing. A-thank-ya. Just to humour you though, oh oldy one, here:

#102 Edited by Vatusus (4224 posts) -

Oh, there is a gameplay video!

That does look impressive.

What exactly is so impressive about that? The 1st thing that came to mind when watching that video was a more cartoonish inFamous with weapons instead of superpowers. Its fvckin pathetic how lems bashed infamous, calling it repetitive and boring, and now are hyping this game. bunch of fvckin hypocrites

#103 Edited by sts106mat (18754 posts) -

@misterpmedia said:

@sts106mat said:

@misterpmedia said:

@sts106mat said:

If you think i am coming across as trying to be superior, just because i am probably older than you then lol. yes this is the internet, it doesn't mean you shouldn't speak the truth ;-)

You've made two posts about how 'you're older' to make the argument that you're therefore superior in some sort of weird narrative. Deflecting it now only makes you look silly. Additionally telling me about your long experience with the internet so therefore you must know more apparently. Who cares? Who asked you to type this BS? No-one. If it's making you feel better, by all means carry on.

If it's circular then you've adding nothing on your part about denying what I've typed and that's disappointing. A-thank-ya. Just to humour you though, oh oldy one, here:

another ball-achingly dull post.

oh wait....... i think I_can_Haz has posted in the driveclub thread...quick run along otherwise you'll miss the opportunity to give him some sony fanboy attention

#104 Edited by shellcase86 (1934 posts) -

Expected, but it does look pretty fun.

#105 Edited by mems_1224 (45726 posts) -

Who cares? Game looks great.

#106 Edited by misterpmedia (3362 posts) -

@misterpmedia said:

@sts106mat said:

@misterpmedia said:

@sts106mat said:

another ball-achingly dull post.

oh wait....... i think I_can_Haz has posted in the driveclub thread...quick run along otherwise you'll miss the opportunity to ride his nuts

Yet, you keep reading them and replying to them so... also what a predictable deflection post, I guess you really don't have anything more to add. I'm glad you're keeping tabs on certain users for me but I think I can browse the website at my own leisure, thank you(which is actually quite funny as I hardly reply to that user as it is, nice shot in the dark there, junior). As for the bold, get that checked.

#107 Edited by B4X (2574 posts) -

Who cares? Game looks great.

I have pixel counted. I'm going to have to call BS on this post. It's p's or nothing damn it!

#108 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (3164 posts) -

@Evo_nine said:

and waits....and waits....and waits

damn...whens this bloody greatness gana come? lol

PS4 has more and better games than the Shitbox Done. :)

@b4x said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@StrongBlackVine: sales are great when you factor the number of consoles sold. Install base brother.

Not considering the amount of hype and how it was supposed to move so many xbox ones :O :P

It has moved several X1's. Why would you exclude the people who bought the console months before, in anticipation to play the game.

You can't say the "People who bought Titanfall have already bought the console. So it won't push console sales."

Then type what you typed. Can you?

It was heralded as the second coming of games and failed to outsell the PS4 in the month of march.

Yep. Unfortunately for the lemmings, most of the sales this month will be from aggressive bundling or the 360 edition, which looks exactly the same. What a shame. :(

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Nah, we've got tons of games coming, so I wouldn't care about a AA Dead Rising clone, especially one for Q4.

@GravityX said:

My bleeding eyes! Super low rez makey no fun. Not enough p's for fun !

PS4 should have this game so we can have more p's!!!!

If they had done you'd have pulled up some grainy screencaps of compressed Youtube videos showing momentary texture streaming in the distance instead of fawning over the only game you're getting this year.

I'm fawning? At least I didn't start a petition. lol

Anyway Xbox is about gamers and games. Not resolution.

But anyways 'System Wars' away. Swing Merril.

What petition? The ones getting 12 signatures? You can try and DC all you want but when it comes down to it no one wants your terrible games. :)

So why does the Xbone have no games then?

#109 Posted by finalstar2007 (24853 posts) -

Xbox owners better support this game as it looks very fun and insomniac games know exactly what their doing. seriously xbox owners you guys better buy and support this game

#110 Posted by Nightflash28 (2046 posts) -

@Vatusus said:
@Nightflash28 said:

Oh, there is a gameplay video!

That does look impressive.

What exactly is so impressive about that? The 1st thing that came to mind when watching that video was a more cartoonish inFamous with weapons instead of superpowers. Its fvckin pathetic how lems bashed infamous, calling it repetitive and boring, and now are hyping this game. bunch of fvckin hypocrites

What's impressive about it? the visuals. I don't care what cows and lems and said before about another game. The game looks pretty and is indeed pretty close to the C trailer they showed before. So yep, that's impressive.

Gameplay: could be fun? The only thing that seems weird to me is that the devs say it's all about fast paced action, but the game seems pretty slow. (Just because there's a "swoosh" behind the character doesn't mean he's going very fast...).

Other than that, yeah, I'd say this looks like a fun game.

#111 Posted by Boddicker (2272 posts) -

Don't console manufacturers (MS, Sony, Nintendo) PAY and make the pub/dev sign a contract for these exclusives?

Am I missing something? No word on it being a timed exclusive so I'm assuming not.

#112 Posted by Dire_Weasel (15871 posts) -

Is this really news? At this point I think Xbox One owners are resigned to sub-1080p resolutions. Sunset Overdrive still looks pretty good, though.

#113 Edited by B4X (2574 posts) -

@Boddicker said:

Don't console manufacturers (MS, Sony, Nintendo) PAY and make the pub/dev sign a contract for these exclusives?

Am I missing something? No word on it being a timed exclusive so I'm assuming not.

This game is Published by Microsoft. Insomniac still owns the IP though. Future games in the series could possibly go multi.

As for this game. No, it will remain console exclusive. It could hit PC or 360 though.

#114 Edited by Boddicker (2272 posts) -

@b4x said:

@Boddicker said:

This game is Published by Microsoft. Insomniac still owns the IP though. Future games in the series could possibly go multi.

As for this game. No, it will remain console exclusive. It could hit PC or 360 though.

Well..........unless MS paid Insomniac a shitload of money I don't see them making a profit.

#115 Edited by B4X (2574 posts) -

@Boddicker said:

@b4x said:

@Boddicker said:

Well..........unless MS paid Insomniac a shitload of money I don't see them making a profit.

Contrary to popular SW fanboy beliefs. Xbox brand sales a shit load of software. They do have NPDs every month? I'm sure you're aware of this little tidbit right? I'm sure the game will be fine. The Marketing push behind this game will be pretty epic.

#116 Posted by Boddicker (2272 posts) -

@b4x said:

@Boddicker said:

@b4x said:

@Boddicker said:

Contrary to popular SW fanboy beliefs. Xbox brand sales a shit load of software. They do have NPDs every month? I'm sure you're aware of this little tidbit right? I'm sure the game will be fine. The Marketing push behind this game will be pretty epic.

I was not aware of that.

I guess it only makes sense. Sony only funds IP's that they own and MS has enough money that they don't need to own the Sunset Overdrive IP.

Well played, MS.

#117 Posted by B4X (2574 posts) -

@b4x said:

@Boddicker said:

@b4x said:

@Boddicker said:

I was not aware of that.

I guess it only makes sense. Sony only funds IP's that they own and MS has enough money that they don't need to own the Sunset Overdrive IP.

Well played, MS.

Like Sony supported Resistance 3? As in no marketing push at all. If I was insomniac. I would have seriously contemplated bailing too.

#118 Edited by 2Chalupas (4975 posts) -

@GrenadeLauncher said:

900p, slow parkour, no dynamic shadows, low quality textures, repetitive gameplay - why are people excited about this again? Oh wait, I forgot, Xbone has no games.

It looks alright. Technically not great (Insomniac has never really been a cutting edge developer as far as maximizing performance) , but looks like a decent game.I definitely like the artstyle, Insomniac definitely does "cartoony" better than they do hardcore or gritty looking games.

Lems are overhyping this game because it used to be a Playstation exclusive developer. So they want to feel that their camp stole something of value, even though Insomniac has had a spotty record lately. Ironic that the same people that are trying to hype this game, probably trashed the hell out of Resistance and Ratchet on PS3.

#119 Posted by cainetao11 (15809 posts) -

So what?

People on here get too hung up on resolutions, Game looks to be a huge amount of FUN

FUN> Resolution/ Graphics

Makes me wonder if some NEED resolution and graphics to have fun. If so, why aren't they on PC?

#120 Edited by delta3074 (17595 posts) -

@delta3074 said:

@misterpmedia said:

@sts106mat If MS gave you a turd that danced with you making the experience 'fun', you're saying you'd be fine with it? The point is it's not about fun as fun is subjective. I'm willing to bet you hated Killzone and Knack(wait do you even have a ps4?), yet I found them 'fun'. You see how that works kiddo? What's not subjective is that currently this game is sub-1080p.

Whether the game looks good or not is also subjective, the only Fact of the matter is that it is sub 180p, how good looking and how fun the Game is subjective.

Higher resolutions do not equate to a game looking better, thats the saddest Irony on this board is that people believe that resolution alone is the decider when it comes to whether a game is good looking or not.

I buy my consoles to play games that are FUN, not to compare Power.

And SONY already gave you a polished Turd and apparently YOU Had fun with it so obviously YOU are fine with polished turds.

Yes they do. lol. Resolution improves IQ. That's the saddest part of your comment. I'll use a home turf example just so you understand more as it's a sony game: Killzone SP is native 1080p and looks amazing, but the MP turned out to be a mix of two different resolutions that made the IQ look 'off' and not perfect like the SP was.

Again, this conversation isn't about your opinion on what you play your games for it's about the resolution. I buy my consoles to play fun games too and I have a PS4, so now what? What's your point? lol Also please tell me what polished turds I've been playing with? I have a good feeling I'll be disagreeing with your answer seeing as it's an opinion. We can fling subjective opinion at each other all day but it'll get boring. Let's keep on the subject matter.

Killzone was the polished turd i was talking about, all graphics and no substance, and in my opinion, Ryse may have a lower resolution than killzone but it looks better,unfortunately Ryse is also a polished turd.

'Better looking' is subjective so therefore whether resolution makes one game look better than another is also Subjective.

Darkstar one on the 360 is native 1080p but looks worse than Most games that are Sub-HD on the Xbox 360 because it has very little detail and lower polygon counts.

An ugly game is an Ugly game whatever it's native resolution is.

#121 Edited by shawn30 (4288 posts) -

Xbox owners better support this game as it looks very fun and insomniac games know exactly what their doing. seriously xbox owners you guys better buy and support this game

I think they will. As much as we get the bro-dude-gamer tag, which is mostly true when you look at what genres sell best on Xbox, we haven't seen anything like this for a very long time and almost everyone is impressed. I think this game will do very well. Its now my third most wanted title after Quantum Break and Dragons Age this year.

#122 Posted by delta3074 (17595 posts) -

@sts106mat said:

saying you are older=/=saying you are superior. Not everything people say means anything other than what they are actually saying.

All he did was speak the truth, he is older than you, what did he mean by that? he meant he is older than you, nothing more.

If you want to put an ulterior motive into what he meant thats your problem, not his.

#123 Posted by mbrockway (3345 posts) -

@freedomfreak said:

Expected it to be so.

Doesn't stop the game from looking like a blast to play.

Exactly.

Wont stop people on here shouting about it and they will ignore the currently bit.

This should be a surprise to no one. Any 1080p Xbone games will either be graphically weak with baked lighting or a rare candy theoretical super exclusive being made by Epic funded by MS with cost as no object to hit that 1080p target. The console architecture is physically incapable of running AAA multiplats in 1080p due to it not fitting in the esram frame buffer. Theoretically I suppose someone *could* make a game run using serious buffer frame tiling magic but no developer will put that effort in for a multiplat. Enjoy your 900p games lems, its gonna be a long gen.

Insomniac is not Naughty Dog, they don't make miracles like them, and its unfair to expect them to work magic with gimped hardware.

#124 Posted by StormyJoe (4561 posts) -

OMG! Lets not play a great game because it is not at 1080P! All XB1 owners should sell their XB1s now and get PS4s! Games are not fun and UNPLAYABLE unless they are 1080P!

#125 Posted by delta3074 (17595 posts) -

@b4x said:

@Boddicker said:

the Ps4 and Xbone have very similar software attach rates which means there are as many games sold per console on the Xbone as there is on the PS4, it it sells well they will make a profit.

#126 Posted by I_can_haz (6452 posts) -

Dat 720p experience.

#127 Edited by scatteh316 (4732 posts) -

If it was the other way around and it was PS4 that was struggling to handle 1080p lemmings would be rubbing cows faces in it daily....but since its Xflop that struggling resolution doesn't matter all of a sudden.

Double standards and damage control are unreal.

We are nearly half way through 2014 people and in this day and age not running at 1080p is simply not acceptable.

#128 Posted by Animal-Mother (26196 posts) -

OMG! Lets not play a great game because it is not at 1080P! All XB1 owners should sell their XB1s now and get PS4s! Games are not fun and UNPLAYABLE unless they are 1080P!

I concur with this sentiment. But if you're paying for next generation top of the line gaming consoles shouldn't you be getting a top notch experience?

#129 Posted by Dire_Weasel (15871 posts) -

If someone had told you two years ago that the successor to the Xbox 360 would fail to hit 1080p resolution on most of its games, you'd have called them a filthy liar.

But, I'm glad you're satisfied with lower resolutions. It gives you something to look forward to next generation.

#130 Posted by lglz1337 (3006 posts) -

Xbone is for low gamers lemmings already accepted that, they think gold is bronze

#131 Edited by misterpmedia (3362 posts) -

saying you are older=/=saying you are superior. Not everything people say means anything other than what they are actually saying.

All he did was speak the truth, he is older than you, what did he mean by that? he meant he is older than you, nothing more.

If you want to put an ulterior motive into what he meant thats your problem, not his.

It doesn't take a genius to work out that he used that as reference to imply he was of a superior mind, there is no ulterior motive just a logical assumption. Or else why would he have said it? There's no reason why he would have blurted out that he's 'older than me' because that made no sense to what was being talked about. He did not speak the truth because you or he don't know how old I am. Defending him by using nonsense logic over his nonsense statement without any facts is making you look foolish.

#132 Edited by lostrib (31476 posts) -

@lglz1337 said:

Xbone is for low gamers lemmings already accepted that, they think gold is bronze

like midgets?

#133 Posted by mems_1224 (45726 posts) -

@StormyJoe said:

I concur with this sentiment. But if you're paying for next generation top of the line gaming consoles shouldn't you be getting a top notch experience?

wouldn't top notch experience mean 1080p/60fps? Because even the PS4 doesnt offer that.

#134 Edited by Animal-Mother (26196 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@StormyJoe said:

wouldn't top notch experience mean 1080p/60fps? Because even the PS4 doesnt offer that.

Well more so than the competition.

Multiplat games seem to be standardized for it's own sake

http://www.ign.com/wikis/xbox-one/PS4_vs._Xbox_One_Native_Resolutions_and_Framerates

Now i'm not saying console is THE top notch experience. But the Xbox one seems to lack the resolution just plain and simple. And for $500 bucks it should at least offer that. List for the Lazy

Also why I said "consoles"

Assassin's Creed 4900p @ 30fps [2]1080p @ 30fps [3](with patch)
Battlefield 4720p @ 60fps [4]900p @ 60fps [5]
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare882p @ 60fps [6] [7]1080p @ 60fps [8]
Call of Duty: Ghosts720p @ 60fps [9]1080p @ 60fps (with patch) [10]
Dead Rising 3720p @ 30fps [11]Exclusive
Diablo III: Reaper of SoulsExclusive1080p @ 60fps [12]
DriveClubExclusive1080p @ 30fps or 60fps [13]
Dying Light1080p @ 60fps (targeted) [14]1080p @ 60fps [15][16]
EA Sports UFC1080p @ 30fps [17]1080p @ 30fps [18]
FIFA Soccer 141080p @ 60fps1080p @ 60fps [19]
FlowerExclusive1080p @ 60fps [20]
Forza Motorsport 51080p @ 60fps [21]Exclusive
Infamous: Second SonExclusive1080p @ 30fps [22]
Killer Instinct720p @ 60fps [23]Exclusive
Killzone: Shadow FallExclusive1080p @ 60fps (MP), 1080p @ 30fps (SP)
Kinect Sports Rivals1080p @ 30fps [24]Exclusive
KnackExclusive1080p @ 30-60fps [25]
Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes720p @ 60fps [26]1080p @ 60fps [27]
MLB 14: The ShowExclusive1080p @ 60fps [28]
Murdered: Soul Suspect1080p @ 30fps [29]1080p @ 30fps [30]
NBA 2K141080p @ 60fps [31]1080p @ 60fps [32]
Need for Speed Rivals1080p @ 30fps [33]1080p @ 30fps [34]
Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare900p @ 60fps [35]

Exclusive

OutlastExclusive1080p @ 60fps [36]
Project CarsUnknown1080p @ 60fps [37]
ResogunExclusive1080p @ 60fps [38]
Ryse: Son of Rome900p @ 30fps [39]Exclusive
Skylanders Swap Force1080p [40]1080p [41]
The Crew1080p @ 30fps [42]1080p @ 30fps [43]
The Last of Us: RemasteredExclusive1080p @ 60fps[44]
The Witcher 3720p @ 30fps [45]1080p @ 30fps [46]
Thief900p @ 30fps [47]1080p @ 30fps [48]
Titanfall792p @ 60fps [49]Exclusive
Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition1080p @ 30fps, 900p @ 30fps (Cutscenes) [50][51]1080p @ 60fps [52]

Trials Fusion

900p @ 60fps (with patch) [53]

1080p@ 60fps [54]

Trine 2Exclusive1080p @ 60fps (2D), 720p @ 60fps (3D) [55]
Watch Dogs960p @ 30fps [56]1080p @ 30fps [57]
Wolfenstein: The New Order1080p @ 60fps [58]1080p @ 60fps
#135 Edited by misterpmedia (3362 posts) -

Killzone was the polished turd i was talking about, all graphics and no substance, and in my opinion, Ryse may have a lower resolution than killzone but it looks better,unfortunately Ryse is also a polished turd.

'Better looking' is subjective so therefore whether resolution makes one game look better than another is also Subjective.

Darkstar one on the 360 is native 1080p but looks worse than Most games that are Sub-HD on the Xbox 360 because it has very little detail and lower polygon counts.

and as I stated before you replied, I will be disagreeing with you there. Ryse comes close, I'll admit that, it seems to be the only anomaly out of the Xbox's line up but you have the developers that are genuine geniuses who specialise in fantastic graphics for that, the other games play a different tune. Games at higher native resolutions will always look better. Ugly game is down to the art of a game, which is subjective.

#136 Edited by blackace (19699 posts) -

@gpuking said:

http://www.videogamer.com/xboxone/sunset_overdrive/news/sunset_overdrive_is_currently_sub-1080p.html

I do wonder what kind of outlandish res the Bone would get this time? But let's hope it's not 720p yes? I can imagine the game looks ever so closer to the CGI trailer if it's developed solely for PS4 and at 1080p.

They've already said they aren't finished optimizing the game yet. It's not confirmed to be anything yet because the game isn't finished. lol!!

Dat 720p experience.

LMAO!! No!!.

Dat another dumb comment from a trolling cow.

#137 Posted by FastRobby (762 posts) -

@delta3074 said:

and as I stated before you replied, I will be disagreeing with you there. Ryse comes close, I'll admit that, it seems to be the only anomaly out of the Xbox's line up but you have the developers that are genuine geniuses who specialise in fantastic graphics for that, the other games play a different tune. Games at higher native resolutions will always look better. Ugly game is down to the art of a game, which is subjective.

Developers that want to put more time in optimizing, and are probably better programmers. They should give lessons at BUILD

#138 Edited by StormyJoe (4561 posts) -

@StormyJoe said:

If someone had told you two years ago that the successor to the Xbox 360 would fail to hit 1080p resolution on most of its games, you'd have called them a filthy liar.

But, I'm glad you're satisfied with lower resolutions. It gives you something to look forward to next generation.

First off, 1080p thing is overblown. Second, these are still launch titles.

#139 Edited by FastRobby (762 posts) -

Apparently it is 1080p, so the topic can be closed

http://www.hobbyconsolas.com/noticias/sunset-overdrive-correra-30-fps-1080p-70908

#140 Posted by silversix_ (13546 posts) -

Its 739p. Its a new resolution not possible on other platforms. The resolution is an exclusivity to Xbox One. With DX12 out, they will go as far as 741p!

#141 Posted by silversix_ (13546 posts) -

Who cares anymore?

If you are still talking resolution after watching the game play video you are confirmed jelly.

bu bu but where is the superior Microshaft optimization down the road they were promising? What do you say? Oh its for 2016? Okay! 2016 arrives and it'll be for 2019 lolz

#142 Edited by madskills6117 (4020 posts) -

I could care less. The game looks like a blast.

#143 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (12777 posts) -

@GravityX said:

@StrongBlackVine said:

All this trash talk on System Wars yet people keep buying PS4 in the real world at a 3:1 clip in 2014...

Well people don't necessarily do the smartest things sometime.

That sums up every post from you, lol.

#144 Posted by Dire_Weasel (15871 posts) -

@Dire_Weasel said:

@StormyJoe said:

If Microsoft hadn't gimped the Xbox One with an ESRAM bottleneck and a weak GPU, and the Playstation 4 did, would you have called 1080p "overblown"? Be honest with yourself.

#145 Posted by FastRobby (762 posts) -

@NFJSupreme said:

Who cares anymore?

If you are still talking resolution after watching the game play video you are confirmed jelly.

bu bu but where is the superior Microshaft optimization down the road they were promising? What do you say? Oh its for 2016? Okay! 2016 arrives and it'll be for 2019 lolz

The game is 1080p so go troll somewhere else

#146 Edited by StormyJoe (4561 posts) -

@Dire_Weasel said:

@StormyJoe said:

@Dire_Weasel said:

@StormyJoe said:

If Microsoft hadn't gimped the Xbox One with an ESRAM bottleneck and a weak GPU, and the Playstation 4 did, would you have called 1080p "overblown"? Be honest with yourself.

I care about the games, and the multimedia functions, not the resolution. Especially since there really isn't a big visual difference between 720p and 1080p. It's not like the XB1 version is using 1/2 the polygons or textures.

The only reason I care at all is because I am sick and tired of people making the resolution out to be something bigger than it is.

#147 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (12777 posts) -

@StormyJoe said:

@Dire_Weasel said:

@StormyJoe said:

@Dire_Weasel said:

@StormyJoe said:

I care about the games, and the multimedia functions, not the resolution. Especially since there really isn't a big visual difference between 720p and 1080p. It's not like the XB1 version is using 1/2 the polygons or textures.

The only reason I care at all is because I am sick and tired of people making the resolution out to be something bigger than it is.

There's a pretty big difference between 720p and 1080p.

#148 Posted by PAL360 (26562 posts) -

Disappointing...

The game looks fantastic anyway!

#149 Edited by Gue1 (9099 posts) -

this is the first and only decent looking exclusive that the xbone has. No 1080p though....

#150 Edited by silversix_ (13546 posts) -

@silversix_ said:
@NFJSupreme said:

Who cares anymore?

The game is 1080p so go troll somewhere else

Sunset Overdrive leaked screenshot. Better chance next generation.