Stupid 360 User Reviews of DA:O

This topic is locked from further discussion.

longtonguecat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 longtonguecat
Member since 2008 • 2558 Posts

I was looking on Metacritic at DA:O and the PC user reviews seemed rightfully high and positive. I then look at the 360 user reviews and see these types of reviews (these are actual reviews, see them for yourself :P):

"Not the fast action game advertised. Turn based chess like game with wildy varying level confrontations, even with similar enemies throughout. Great story though. Buy lord of the rings dvds and reset DVD player randomly as you watch to replicate experience (score = 1/10)"

"Incredibly poor graphics,combat,spells etc.I was expecting a better version of an Oblivion type game but instead forced myself to sit through this generic rubbish.I thought they had stopped making this type of crap years ago.It makes sacred:fallen angel look good;and it was rubbish too.Points for the awesome trailers.(score = 3/10)"

This just enforces my lack in faith at the average console gamer and makes me think that DA:O should have been PC only. What do you think?

Avatar image for Tragic_Kingdom7
Tragic_Kingdom7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Tragic_Kingdom7
Member since 2008 • 4011 Posts

So basically you're cheerypicking user reviews to make some sort of elitist point about PC gamers in relation to console gamers?

nmaharg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 nmaharg
Member since 2004 • 3285 Posts

So basically you're cheerypicking user reviewers to make some sort of elitist point about PC gamers in regards to console gamers?

Tragic_Kingdom7
Yes he is, because as a PC gamer he is elite.
ThatGuyFromB4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ThatGuyFromB4
Member since 2009 • 697 Posts

You're why people don't like PC gamers.

Saturos3091

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 Saturos3091
Member since 2005 • 14937 Posts

It just reinforces my opinion that a lot of people are still not intelligent enough to look at know they're buying. It's like someone buying ArmAII expecting it to be like CoD4.

A dumb move on their part. PC users did the same thing with other big name games like Oblivion, expecting it to be just like Morrowind, so they're not exempt from it either.

nmaharg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 nmaharg
Member since 2004 • 3285 Posts

ThatGuyFromB4
People don't like PC gamers because of envy.
zatorys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#8 zatorys
Member since 2007 • 638 Posts
itsk take it eazy he is high ;)
enterawesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#9 enterawesome
Member since 2009 • 9477 Posts
Oh, so because two guys on MetaCritic said they didn't like DA, I should miss out on it? Great logic thar, Mister.
Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#10 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

[QUOTE="ThatGuyFromB4"]

nmaharg

Nope. There are lots of great PC gaming posters that people like but there are also quite a few who have a false sense of superiority and snide attitude that people despise, not because of jealousy but because they know it's an unjustified and anti-social mind set.

senses_fail_06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 senses_fail_06
Member since 2006 • 7033 Posts
link to reviews?
longtonguecat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 longtonguecat
Member since 2008 • 2558 Posts

link to reviews?senses_fail_06

They're on the 360 DA:O Metacritic page.

Also guys I'm not trying to say that consoles suck or anything, but I don't think DA:O is very suited to the console market and will be hated rather than appreciated as it should be. :)

PannicAtack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 PannicAtack
Member since 2006 • 21040 Posts
Yes. Expecting a game like Oblivion when the developers blatantly stated they were trying to make a game like Baldur's Gate.
PannicAtack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 PannicAtack
Member since 2006 • 21040 Posts
[QUOTE="Tragic_Kingdom7"]

So basically you're cheerypicking user reviewers to make some sort of elitist point about PC gamers in regards to console gamers?

nmaharg
Yes he is, because as a PC gamer he is elite.

Well, elitist, at least.
Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Ace6301
Member since 2005 • 21389 Posts
I do tend to notice Console gamers are less informed than their PC gaming brethren but really it's not like buying an xbox immediately makes you lose IQ or something. Theirs people like that for every system. Probably some kids who were allowed to buy one game until christmas and were shocked to find it wasn't Oblivion part 2.
Shhadow_Viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Shhadow_Viper
Member since 2009 • 2300 Posts
[QUOTE="ThatGuyFromB4"]

nmaharg

Yeah envy... I might envy the higher performance of hardware, but that is quickly negated once all the elitist BS comes pouring down off the high horse.
Dystopian-X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Dystopian-X
Member since 2008 • 8998 Posts

Oh you just discovered the joy of looking at stupidly uneducated reviews : P

These are proof of how much more credible big site reviews are (for the most part) than what some ppl give them credit around here.

mgkennedy5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 mgkennedy5
Member since 2005 • 1501 Posts
Obviously these people did not know what they were buying...
Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Bigboi500

[QUOTE="senses_fail_06"]link to reviews?longtonguecat

They're on the 360 DA:O Metacritic page.

Also guys I'm not trying to say that consoles suck or anything, but I don't think DA:O is very suited to the console market and will be hated rather than appreciated as it should be. :)

I'm playing it on PS3 and love it. There are always going to be unappreciative people who don't know what they are talking about or want on all ends of the gaming spectrum.

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

I was looking on Metacritic at DA:O and the PC user reviews seemed rightfully high and positive. I then look at the 360 user reviews and see these types of reviews (these are actual reviews, see them for yourself :P):

"Not the fast action game advertised. Turn based chess like game with wildy varying level confrontations, even with similar enemies throughout. Great story though. Buy lord of the rings dvds and reset DVD player randomly as you watch to replicate experience (score = 1/10)"

"Incredibly poor graphics,combat,spells etc.I was expecting a better version of an Oblivion type game but instead forced myself to sit through this generic rubbish.I thought they had stopped making this type of crap years ago.It makes sacred:fallen angel look good;and it was rubbish too.Points for the awesome trailers.(score = 3/10)"

This just enforces my lack in faith at the average console gamer and makes me think that DA:O should have been PC only. What do you think?

longtonguecat

I agree 100% with those reviews you quoted, DA:O is so boring :(

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Bigboi500

[QUOTE="Bigboi500"]

[QUOTE="nmaharg"] People don't like PC gamers because of envy.nmaharg

Nope. There are lots of great PC gaming posters that people like but there are also quite a few who have a false sense of superiority and snide attitude that people despise, not because of jealousy but because they know it's an unjustified and anti-social mind set.

Can't hear you over the envy.

Or see the truth from blinding bias.

SionPT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 SionPT
Member since 2007 • 865 Posts

bah PC gamers are cheap, all they know is how to use torrents bleh!

90% of people are gonna download it anyway :X

rzepak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 rzepak
Member since 2005 • 5758 Posts

How did this go from dumb dude not understanding what DA:O is before buying to a thread about PC vs Console fans?

dommeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#25 dommeus
Member since 2004 • 9433 Posts

[QUOTE="nmaharg"][QUOTE="ThatGuyFromB4"]

Bigboi500

Same with every console too.
AAllxxjjnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 AAllxxjjnn
Member since 2008 • 19992 Posts

[QUOTE="nmaharg"][QUOTE="ThatGuyFromB4"]

Bigboi500

Isn't that what lemmings have towards cows and vice versa? A false sense of superiority and snide attitude? Every fanboy has that mindset.
kate_jones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 kate_jones
Member since 2007 • 3221 Posts

[QUOTE="ThatGuyFromB4"]

nmaharg

envy of what, people choose which system they want to play on.

Avatar image for SpiritOfFire117
SpiritOfFire117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 SpiritOfFire117
Member since 2009 • 8537 Posts
This is why I never trust user reviews and neither should you. Rarely are they honest or truthful about a game and they flood the average scores with unknowledgeable drivel rather a well-made critique.
shawn7324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#29 shawn7324
Member since 2006 • 8690 Posts

bah PC gamers are cheap, all they know is how to use torrents bleh!

90% of people are gonna download it anyway :X

SionPT

Please make sure when you rant on this you state some or most PC gamers, not all us are that way & you know that so get it right.

shawn7324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 shawn7324
This is why I never trust user reviews and neither should you. Rarely are they honest or truthful about a game and they flood the average scores with unknowledgeable drivel rather a well-made critique.SpiritOfFire117
Or you could just do what I do which is not care a slightest bit about any reviews. Anyone can look at an upcoming game & tell whether or not they are interested in playing it or not. Once I got one that looks like I will want to play, it is not good nor bad until after I play & decide.
shawn7324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 shawn7324
[QUOTE="Bigboi500"]

[QUOTE="nmaharg"] People don't like PC gamers because of envy.dommeus

Same with every console too.

I know there are lots on every possible side, so really no reason to mention only 1.
SpiritOfFire117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 SpiritOfFire117
[QUOTE="SpiritOfFire117"]This is why I never trust user reviews and neither should you. Rarely are they honest or truthful about a game and they flood the average scores with unknowledgeable drivel rather a well-made critique.shawn7324
Or you could just do what I do which is not care a slightest bit about any reviews. Anyone can look at an upcoming game & tell whether or not they are interested in playing it or not. Once I got one that looks like I will want to play, it is not good nor bad until after I play & decide.

What is "play" then? Do they mean that they actually sat down and played the game the way it was meant to be played or did they just "play at a friend's house"?
shawn7324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 shawn7324
[QUOTE="shawn7324"][QUOTE="SpiritOfFire117"]This is why I never trust user reviews and neither should you. Rarely are they honest or truthful about a game and they flood the average scores with unknowledgeable drivel rather a well-made critique.SpiritOfFire117

What is "play" then? Do they mean that they actually sat down and played the game the way it was meant to be played or did they just "play at a friend's house"?

I don't follow. What exactly are you asking?
SpiritOfFire117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 SpiritOfFire117
[QUOTE="SpiritOfFire117"][QUOTE="shawn7324"] Or you could just do what I do which is not care a slightest bit about any reviews. Anyone can look at an upcoming game & tell whether or not they are interested in playing it or not. Once I got one that looks like I will want to play, it is not good nor bad until after I play & decide.shawn7324

I'm just agreeing with you that user reviews are usually crap. I was just pointing out that someone's definition of "playing" a game could involve not playing the whole game or simply playing it at a friend's house.
shawn7324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 shawn7324
[QUOTE="shawn7324"][QUOTE="SpiritOfFire117"] What is "play" then? Do they mean that they actually sat down and played the game the way it was meant to be played or did they just "play at a friend's house"?SpiritOfFire117

I'm just agreeing with you that user reviews are usually crap. I was just pointing out that someone's definition of "playing" a game could involve not playing the whole game or simply playing it at a friend's house.

Yes I hate that & see it all the time. Pulling judgement on a game after 30 minutes playing it.
SpiritOfFire117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 SpiritOfFire117
[QUOTE="SpiritOfFire117"][QUOTE="shawn7324"] I don't follow. What exactly are you asking?shawn7324

Yes I hate that & see it all the time. Pulling judgement on a game after 30 minutes playing it.

Or they won't play it right. Playing it at a friend's house with loud music playing in the background, drinking mountain dew, and rushing through it is NOT playing it right.
Odrec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Odrec
Member since 2009 • 1897 Posts
What do you expect from the preteen Halo-worshipping crowd?