Stunning new infamous footage

• 190 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (3207 posts) -

amazing what the ps4 is capable off

wtf is wrong with glitch spot? wont let me add images

full vid here

#2 Edited by Suppaman100 (3507 posts) -

Looks great.

Ryse and titan fall look like sh*t in comparison.

Lol, try to imagine Infamous on Xbone...could it even handle the game at 720p@15fps? LMFAO

#4 Posted by Shewgenja (7724 posts) -

Can't wait for the Lems to say the game's been downgraded even though this is obviously not a direct feed footage.

#5 Edited by IamAdorable (381 posts) -

Those reflections look amazing. I think it's safe to say that this game will look at its best during nighttime.

#6 Posted by lglz1337 (2801 posts) -

holy freaking god !

and open world!

1080p!

NICE!

#7 Edited by tyloss (829 posts) -

This game just looks..... wow.

It's hard to believe that this is open world along with real time destruction.

#8 Edited by Consternated (478 posts) -

Looks alright.

#9 Posted by Scipio8 (608 posts) -

What the hell happened to this game, was expecting mind blowing graphics but looks downgraded, Rise still tops it.

#10 Edited by tyloss (829 posts) -

@Scipio8 said:

What the hell happened to this game, was expecting mind blowing graphics but looks downgraded, Rise still tops it.

lol.

#11 Edited by Demonjoe93 (9363 posts) -

Looks like a pretty good game. I thought both the previous games were solid, so this one should be pretty good too.

#12 Posted by RedentSC (569 posts) -

I wasn't hyped for this game but i am now... that was stunning. Ryse what??? Titanfall who??

#13 Posted by ermacness (6996 posts) -

@Scipio8 said:

Ryse "barely" tops KZ. Ryse can not and will not top this.

#14 Posted by ZoomZoom2490 (3933 posts) -

textures, shadows, lighting, and the sheer scale of that map in 1080p is mind blowing.

#15 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (3207 posts) -

@Scipio8 said:

comparing a linear game to an open world game haha nice going lem

#16 Edited by happyduds77 (1336 posts) -

Looks great, but none of those buildings are enter-able and there is not enough interaction with the world around you, am I right?

#17 Edited by Shewgenja (7724 posts) -

@Scipio8 said:

CALLED IT!

#18 Posted by I_can_haz (6369 posts) -

@Scipio8 said:

lol, desperate lems.

#19 Edited by Silent-Assasin7 (1495 posts) -

All those graphics, and Titanfall is still going to be way more fun.

#20 Posted by remaGloohcSdlO (4152 posts) -

I just got even more excited for my pre-order. :)

#21 Edited by kinectthedots (1256 posts) -

Amazing, it even looks better than the watchdogs footage that everyone was fapping to point to for how impressive it looked for an open world game earlier this year.

That footage just took a dump what was shown in watchgogs graphically and not a hint slow down or lag while blazing around the city in a huge open wold all in 1080p. It's this isn't an indication of what can be done with a true exclusive on PS4 nothing is.

#22 Edited by ghostwarrior786 (3207 posts) -

why compare multiplat to exclusive?

#23 Edited by GrenadeLauncher (3068 posts) -

Bu bu but muh shadows.

Based Sucker Punch, continuing to make the best first party Sony IP.

#24 Posted by Gue1 (8970 posts) -

the lack of shadows it's extremely distracting. And even more so now when they are portraying a much more realistic looking world with way higher poly count and stuff. But man, even GTAV on PS3 had real-time shadows for all the main characters and npc's!

#25 Edited by happyduds77 (1336 posts) -

@Silent-Assasin7 said:

why compare multiplat to exclusive?

Because they are both games. But I would argue that Second Son is going to be way more fun, I rather be a guy with incredible amount of superpowers than a guy in a giant mech suit.

#26 Posted by PinkieWinkie (1364 posts) -

Wow. Crazy that an open world game with this kind of scale will be the console graphics king when its released.

#27 Posted by Desmonic (12326 posts) -

Fairly boring video. The dude kept doing the same thing over and over (just scaling some building without any purpose). It does look pretty though.

#28 Edited by misterpmedia (3313 posts) -

For a first wave true next gen open world game it's still very impressive. Suckerpunch's sequel to this(if they don't move to a new IP) is going to be jaw dropping.

Loved the Infamous series so this is day one.

#29 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38110 posts) -

The game does look good but it's pulling the same cheap tricks Sleeping Dogs pulled to make it look good. Night time and lots of specular and colourful lights. Looking forward to playing it though, the particle effects are very nice

#30 Posted by stereointegrity (10658 posts) -

Wow what a downgrade....

#31 Edited by PinkieWinkie (1364 posts) -
#32 Posted by Jray0705 (580 posts) -

@stereointegrity:

Don't know, looks really good to me. Boring gameplay video however

#33 Posted by PinkieWinkie (1364 posts) -

@seanmcloughlin: surprise surprise, color and lighting effects are more prominent at night time. Thanks for your keen observation skills.

#34 Posted by stereointegrity (10658 posts) -
#35 Edited by seanmcloughlin (38110 posts) -

I really hate how little distance the glide thing gives you. The previous games did the same, there's a lot of times you're gliding and miss the roof of the building just to warp all the way up the wall to the top again. The glide power has always felt terrible underwhelming. You're a super hero and you should feel super.

#36 Edited by stereointegrity (10658 posts) -

@Jray0705 said:

@stereointegrity:

Don't know, looks really good to me. Boring gameplay video however

I was joking lol that video showed off some of the best reflections I've seen in a game

#37 Edited by StrongBlackVine (8399 posts) -

Xflop will never run a game like this at 1080p. Would be 720p on Xflop with no destruction and sub-30fps and 360 graphics.

#38 Posted by lostrib (30836 posts) -

I see the sony circle jerk is well on its way

#39 Edited by Jray0705 (580 posts) -
#40 Edited by Dreams-Visions (26569 posts) -

Well, it certainly won't lose any points for graphics. Damn.

#41 Posted by StrongDeadlift (5124 posts) -

Finally, I have something to play on my PS4 besides Call of Duty and Battlefield.

#42 Posted by Snugenz (11355 posts) -

Looks very good.

#43 Edited by APiranhaAteMyVa (2843 posts) -

It looks really nice, too bad the guy didn't show some more power and gameplay mechanics.

#44 Posted by Kjranu (757 posts) -

Ryse? Barf. Titanfall? Vomit. Dead Rising 3? Barfomit.

Infamous, the Xflop killer.

#45 Edited by Desmonic (12326 posts) -

@seanmcloughlin: It's about the momentum, actually. If you got Cole moving fast enough the jump + glide (when we say glide, it's more like a "float" ability really) would most of the times be more than enough. I assume it'll be the same thing here since the move-set seems fairly similar.

#46 Edited by aroxx_ab (9068 posts) -

Looks amazing, welcome to next gen guys...no not you lemz :P

#47 Posted by _Matt_ (8737 posts) -

I really hate how little distance the glide thing gives you. The previous games did the same, there's a lot of times you're gliding and miss the roof of the building just to warp all the way up the wall to the top again. The glide power has always felt terrible underwhelming. You're a super hero and you should feel super.

I agree for the previous 2 games, but I think this time it should be ok, because you can at least get right to the top of some buildings really quickly this time around. Hopefully you can upgrade the glide though.

#49 Posted by Heil68 (42443 posts) -

Beyond stunning more like it.

Day fucking 1.

:D

#50 Posted by gameofthering (9902 posts) -

@seanmcloughlin: More games should do that then. I still think Sleeping Dogs look very pretty :)